News

“My wife’s lover gave my child his name” – Man tells Court

NAN

Illustrative Photo

Illustrative Photo

A divorce seeker, F. Ojikutu told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos on Friday that his child was named after his wife’s lover. He said the alleged lover’s name is Temitope.

He said although the lover was not physically present, he sent in the name.

Ojikutu urged the court to grant his wife’s request for the dissolution of the five-year-old marriage, calling her an adulterous wife.

“On the day of the child’s naming, her lover, Temitope, sent a name (Temitope) to be given the baby,” he alleged.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the wife, Olaide, 29, a trader, had filed a suit seeking to end to the marriage because her husband allegedly denied the paternity of the boy.

Ojikutu, a 37-year-old businessman, also told the court that his wife must have been impregnated by her lover.

“My wife is unfaithful, she made love to her lover while she was pregnant.

I discovered this when she slept off after chatting on Facebook. What attracted me to the chat was my name that I saw on the screen and I was curious to read their conversation.

Her lover told her that he enjoyed the sex they had together and my pregnant wife also appreciated him for giving her a good sex.

Because of their chat, I denied the paternity of the baby from the womb up till now because I am not sure I am the baby’s biological father.

Also in that chat, my wife told her lover everything about me, my full name, where I work and where the guy can locate me and since that day I became afraid because I do not know what they were up to.

When I informed her mother about her daughter’s conversation with a man, she told me that I was lucky that her daughter did not bring the man to our matrimonial bed,” he said.

Ojikutu accused the woman of being uncaring as she usually starves him of food.

“She does not cook; instead she goes to her mother’s shop to assist her in selling. Anytime I call her mother to release her to come home, she will tell me that her daughter is not a slave. So I wash my son’s school uniform and also do the cooking. I am also fed up with the union,” he added.

The wife also gave her own account:

When I was carrying my second pregnancy, my husband saw my chat with my male friend on Facebook and accused me of dating him.

He told me that he will not accept the baby because he believed that the man I was chatting with impregnated me.

So he kept to his word and refused to accept the baby so my family took up the responsibility of the boy who is now two years old.

Olaide said her husband was envious of men being around her and prevented her from working so that other men would not go after her.

“I got a job in a bank but my husband did not allow me to take up the job and he is always monitoring my movement. Any time I go out and I did not come home before 4PM. he will lock me out,” she added.

She urged the court to dissolve the marriage.

The court’s President, Adegboyega Omilola, directed the two parties to go for a possible reconciliation with their relations.

He adjourned the case to July 26 for further hearing.

NAN

1. Err

July 16, 2016 at 8:56 am

Social media and its consequences,promoting tribalism and hate,drives traffic on some blogs,rather unfortunate that man are too jealous.

2. chacha

July 16, 2016 at 9:45 am

Hehehe…. @Md, u talk dis one o… oya where are the Yorubas?? ATTAAAAAAAACK… lol

3. Dee

July 16, 2016 at 10:55 am

It is not necessary to attack. You see, when ignorance speaks you give it a wide berth so you are not tainted with that ignorance. This is not the kind of ignorant comment that requires a reply so that the writer can be better educated on the issue.

4. Bimpe

July 16, 2016 at 11:13 am

@Md, you seem to know Yorubas so well, your father must be one. At the end of the day, ppl like you rarely use your brain to think for yourself. You hide behind your computer and write rubbish, half of the time copying and pasting. Oshi, atleast you know how to copy and paste.

• Md

July 16, 2016 at 12:51 pm

1)I don’t need to be a detective to deduce your a yoruba woman with the characteristics I described.
      2)I do not need to copy and paste to know what yoruba women are like. Even, your yoruba men are running away from you and marrying I go women any chance they got.
      3) I am not yoruba neither is my father and I am not Igbo because I know that is where your mind is going. The most adulterous , dirtest, poor hygine, bleached and divorced women with the highest number of bastard children with different fathers, baby mama’s are youruba women, fact.
      4) as I said earlier before my comment was deleted, the stereotype for yoruba women is true and real

5. Robin Hood

July 16, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Thus Igando court has a reputation for dirty scandalous and funny divorce cases

6. Paul Adeyemo

July 16, 2016 at 1:52 pm

The useless lady never denied the allegation. Some mother’s are evil. Thank God the guy never used his hands to beat her. Divorce is still best. Olosho & ASHANA wife join together.

7. tunmi

July 17, 2016 at 12:41 am

Where is the DNA authorization?

“So I wash my son’s school uniform and also do the cooking. I am also fed up with the union,” he added.”
    Kini big deal? Na your pikin

8. Amh

July 17, 2016 at 12:55 am

Where are the Yoruba s? Ode. We are here. At least we don’t slap our mum nor kick our dad on the groin to wake him up. And we do not frequent countless spare part traders to buy Brazilian hair And iPhone. Were.