Relationships

“Stop claiming God sent you to be my wife” Banky W Speaks Out on Marriage Shaming

BellaNaija.com

Screenshot_2016-07-21-13-55-14

EME Singer & Label Boss Banky W has had enough of ladies sending messages to him, claiming they had a revelation that he is their ‘Husband’.

He made his feelings known on Snapchat yesterday and also shared some of the messages he has received on Social Media

Banky sreen schot

Screenshot_2016-07-21-13-54-03

Here’s what he also said:

“If God tells you that somebody is your husband or wife, then let God tell that person too. Don’t be the person to speak for God, let God speak for himself. Recently I’ve been getting of lot of people saying “God said You’re my husband, God said I’m your wife”.. It’s a lie. Because God told me nothing about you. God needs to tell me himself.”

On a final note, he added:

“Also can we please chill/stop with the marriage shaming? Can we stop with the pressure on people. It’s enough, abeg. Single People – The same people who are putting pressure on you to marry will be the same talking about you and mocking you if the marriage does not work out. Don’t rush for anybody. Do it at the right time for you with the right person for you and everything will hopefully work out, by God’s grace.”

He then went on to list a number of unmarried successful people.

Photo Credit: Banky W’s Snapchat

1. Bey

July 21, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Desperation of naija grls when it comes to marriage is just shocking honestly. Some girls are ready to commit suicide if not married at 30. That is why our men feel they are doing us a favor by marrying us.
    Abeg leave Banky alone, its actually becoming creepy.

• Nahum

July 21, 2016 at 3:22 pm

I really don’t understand why our women are too thirsty when it comes to marriage. I will never understand this. Of all the wonderful things our women can achieve, marriage, while important, is not the most important one. We have a long way to go.

• Jade

July 21, 2016 at 9:11 pm

I say banky W is my husband too but its all for fun. He needs to get over himself unless some girls are physically harrassing him but if its on the internet, why is he carrying it on his head. Yeah, some naija girls take this whole marriage thing to another level but banky w go and marry jo.
      You are at that age too. You havent found the right girl is a lame excuse. MAybe your high standards need a reality check.
      But you are still bae, i vex small…lol

2. Fashionista

July 21, 2016 at 2:32 pm

LMAOOO but Banky chill now, those people are just kidding, well at least most of them ?. As for the marriage shaming, sigh, i don’t think it can ever be over emphasised. Love me some Banky! I didn’t say I saw you in my dream oh ahem, I just love you ??.

• iyke

July 21, 2016 at 2:59 pm

That awkward moment Banky W – feeling all cool and good natured when in reality his d- is rippin through his pants just reading all these flirtatious messages from these thirsty ladies.
      Nwanne cool down – We know levels. Just soak up the drool and boost your ego……jare.
      Per pressure on marriage, I concur – As society evolves , it’s time to redefine exactly the whole idea of marriage.

• ATL's finest

July 21, 2016 at 8:06 pm

???????im telling U Fashionista this man they cause commotion everyday & sharing heart attacks for desperate ladies. Haba I can imagine who the lucky future Mrs. BW will be. Some of these ladies need to calm down for I know the taste is REAL. Oga Banky feeling funky 🙂

• Fashionista

July 22, 2016 at 2:36 am

Honestly, I’m patiently waiting to see the future Mrs W. I will jealous her oh chai! Fine man looking sexy.

3. De Duchess

July 21, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Now he is beginning to do too much.

4. Ifeyinwa Mic

July 21, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Nice job Mr. W.

5. Kitty

July 21, 2016 at 2:44 pm

It’s just a joke he needs to find humor in what they saying …

6. hane

July 21, 2016 at 2:50 pm

I am female, very successful at my work, turning 32 in a few months time, no one believes my age till I show my passport page. I have the looks and body of a teenager. have my own share of get married pressure so I do understand how Banky feels. had to move abroad 5yrs ago to escape the pressure from family and friends alike, 90% of my peers are pooping out babies likes its chocolate, I am happy for them, but seriously do not understand some of the shade thrown at me, even thou 70% of them are not happy

• From someone who just had a baby and is very happy

July 21, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Why try to trivialize the birthing process to make yourself feel better? or what do you mean by “pooping” out babies? I hope you meant “pop” and not “poop”, otherwise you r guilty of the same shaming you are complaining of.
      And then you say 70% of them are not happy as if you conducted mixed method research and analyzed data to arrive at that conclusion.
      You don’t know how depressed you sound.

• Anon

July 21, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Nah she doesn’t sound depressed. Most aren’t happy and it’s a fact. Just call her out on the baby pooping one cause that’s all. You actually sound very condescending, as your tone implies that you’re better than her and she’s lying because you’re part of the Respectable Association of Married Ladies. She was talking about the married people SHE KNOWS that are calling her out .Did she say anything was wrong with plopping babies out?

• Bea

July 21, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Lol ah Aunty chill abeg, it could very easily have been a typographical error. Cool down abeg, have a chilled can of Coke, put your feet up, relax. It’s not that seurous biko. Besides, everything she said makes sense, not everyone is happily married and it’s something that’s been spoken about a lot lately so that those intending to get married would be more cautious in making their decisions. Nothing wrong with that na lol.

To more serious matters abeg, Banky W I love you, I might be your missing rib you know ?????

• Bea

July 21, 2016 at 5:42 pm

**Serious

• zoranx

July 21, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Hane as a female, you claim to be very successful .at age 32 you are still single ( 90% of your mates are married and pooping out kids like eggs while about 70% of them are not happy in their marrage Hane Hane you don’t even know how pathetic and depressed you are to me oo even the so called rich ladies at 25 years of age are already crying to Baba God for a husband and at 32 you want me to believe that you are very happy.again why do you have to run out of your home. Simple your younger ones are married and are pooping out kids so out of shame what did you do?.stop decieving young girls meanwhile join me on zoranxtv.com

• slice

July 21, 2016 at 7:19 pm

You are an ass. Are the married people eith babies more accomplished than her. What of the unmarried ones or married with no babies yet. ode. Everyone with their own cross. Shove your stupid website up yours.

• Bey

July 21, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Permit me to say you are stupid for this comment.
      What is she to do ? Commit suicide bcos she’s single at 32.
      I’m married but d way naijas carry dis marriage matter for head dey vex me. My junior sista currently going thru smthn similar.
      What happened to waiting for d right one.
      I waited for mine, even dou I cld have gotten married at 25 to d ex dat constantly cheated on me. I decided to wait for that man that was mine from God.
      You think 90percent of women don’t get marriage proposals.
      The problem is with finding d right man. Not just any man.

• Mini Mee

July 21, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Story of my life…EXACT in details..except that in my own case, im not as lucky as u who escaped…I’m stuck (cos of work) in a miserable town that believes that whatever great achievements you have as a woman is NOTHING if u don’t have a man to call “my husband”… Lol.. D pressure for me to get married is now sooooooo much that friends/colleagues/family now try to hitch me up with previously men with kids and old enough to b my father as long as I get to answer “Mrs Somebody”… Anyway, no matter what I still believe that delay is NOT denial…n whilst I pray incessantly and persist in working real hard on myself n my career to be the right woman for the right man… I knw someday, true love will find me…
      But to act thirsty and chase man like D’s… Mbanu!!!!Maka why na? lol

• Mini Mee

July 21, 2016 at 9:27 pm

*previously married men

7. Yinka

July 21, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Everyone in showbiz goes through this. It is what crazy fans do!! Just ignore!

8. Great Lady

July 21, 2016 at 3:09 pm

It’s really sad when ladies are the ones begging a guy to marry them. Very sad.
    Dear lady, your worth is far more than rubies, don’t take yourself any less. Any man would be lucky to have you. Stop throwing yourself at a guy, it’s not attractive.
    Memoirsofagreatlady.com

9. whocares

July 21, 2016 at 3:09 pm

*looks around in confusion*.. egbami ke, beht Banky, he did!

• Californiabawlar

July 21, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Iyale mi, see us see our husband o! I follow you confuse.
      Bankole, he did! He told all of us…and he is not a man that he should lie.
      We love you doublu vé ???

p.s. I wish I had instagram, I would troll the pants off his cute yellow bum!

10. cyaekpo

July 21, 2016 at 3:14 pm

It’s not that serious. After all, I’ve married Idris Elba like 15 times already and we have like 7 kids under 7. Mr. Wellington do you.

• ATL's finest

July 21, 2016 at 8:12 pm

?????????????????lmao me too! I have Married Orlando Bloom while I was in 4th grade. A beg yes, I remembered him very well. It use to be Leonardo DiCaprio when Titanic came out but too many women kept fighting for him so I have to let him go & now, I can’t let Mr. Bloom go b/c even Bae is aware of this serious matter ??. Banky just need to calm down & appreciate these women. Well na them get time cuz these Celebs don’t move me esp Nnija Ones.

• Simi

July 21, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Eskiss, please leave Orlando Bloom. I walked very far to find him off the beaten track.

Make fight nor start oh.

11. Prince

July 21, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Marriage hustle go make you use God name lie again. which kind gbege be this

12. Marlvina

July 21, 2016 at 3:24 pm

[email protected] “Come and take your thing”. All this spiritual wives! Stay clear biko,

13. Fashionista

July 21, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Do you know how many “Tope O”s there could possibly be out there. Please behave yourself!

14. Baby gurl

July 21, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Dear mr. Banky Double U, your noise is getting too much already *yawns*

15. Anon Today

July 21, 2016 at 4:24 pm

This is why some women will never muster the courage to express their affection for a man.
    I believe,as a man, I should do the chase. Basic! Tradition! Yeah, I know. But there’s nothing wrong with a woman making advances, subtle or obvious. I’ve always shown respect to a woman who goes that way. Because she did it in an environment where women are shamed for such conduct; for expressing how they feel about a man. And who am I? I’m not a celebrity.
    So me I’m surprised that Banky is complaining. Celebrities get a lot of that. Even some of them that are not as attractive or successful as Banky get such messages. Some of the girls are probably just playing around. But if they’re serious, it’s no big deal still. And the girl used ‘god’ not ‘God’. So, chill, you’re Banky W.

Besides, you never know, some of the girls may have sent the messages with the knowledge and permission of their boyfriends/ husbands, just for fun. It’s not that serious.

16. Lady

July 21, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Chaiiiiiii see how this my God sent husband just expose me ohhhhh…. Banky why now??

17. Sisi

July 21, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Boy bye, look at this one as if (Nigerian) men haven’t been throwing that line around since 1780 something. Please go and sit down, it’s your or celeb status that is causing all this one and nothing else Mr Capable. On the marriage pressure, hope all those auntys uncles take note

• BlueEyed

July 21, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Don’t mind this one…. Attention seeking plot….you don’t want people to build house ontop ur marriage matter, yet you are the one always calling us to your singleness and marriage pressure matter, please go and work out that your man boobs that’s already starting to need some “bra-ttention”

18. Tobby

July 21, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Biko let’s hear word, odiro sirios “serious” like that
    Who serekere don Epp for social media?
    I am pretty sure there are still some ladies he would have nodded in agreement too
    Sake of say this ones no tickle your fancy no mean say you go Dey hype for the matter. I even like the ladies or lady courage sef
    Girl speak your mind jare nothing like crime to express how you feel. Na simple yes or no you go get later on. Banky should even be thankful say some babes Dey look him side afterall owu Onye Keziah and word on the streets is that he’s the word on the street….. Isssshhh!!!!

19. Daisy Osayamon

July 21, 2016 at 6:23 pm

«AND IN that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread and provide our own apparel; only let us be called by your name to take away our reproach [of being unmarried].»
    ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭4:1‬ ‭AMP‬‬
    BIBLE DON TALK AM!!!!!!

20. moses

July 21, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Mr Banky na your own cup of tea be DAT!! Got more better things to think of… You better settle down before you enter meno…….. A beg na joke oooo…

21. I_I

July 21, 2016 at 6:39 pm

LOL. True that. Its something I have always noticed at my different places of work: the really happy married women are always comfortable talking about their husbands, the lukewarm / slightly unhappy occasionally try to act like all is well – but observe them over time, and you see different; a vast majority however, do not mention their husbands.

On the other hand, unless his wife is adulterous, abusive or his in-laws are sick, I don’t think most Men get weighted down by unhappy marriages, as long as they can have drinks and gist with their pals.

22. Temi

July 21, 2016 at 7:14 pm

You guys both of u are a bunch of idiots. Tope O. Is her actual name on snap and insta. Go check. Dummies!

23. *curious*

July 21, 2016 at 9:11 pm

Hee hee….hahahaa

24. jane

July 21, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Banky is really beginning to sound like a broken record.. please get over yourself dude.. it’s social media, u are a star.. ppl make silly comments even on married dudes pages..u seem to enjoy the attention..ignore them or block them if it bothers you too much. Someone of them are ur fans…if they don’t do the oohs! n ahhs! Now, u wld feel inadequate. Bro take a bow and stop disturbing us…

25. hc

July 22, 2016 at 9:31 pm

It’s really not that serious.

26. Muhammed-Toohir

October 31, 2016 at 7:19 am

Oga Ade.. go and sit down jare. Dem see u na im dey make dem dey yan. Where is Tony Tetuilla today. U better be humble nd thread softly. Lol..