Scoop

“Words can’t quantify what you mean to me” – Basketmouth celebrates with Wife Elsie on her Birthday

BellaNaija.com

Elsie Okpocha

Today is the birthday of superstar comedian Basketmouth‘s wife.

Elsie Okpocha is a year older today and so many of her friends and entertainers have been celebrating with her on social media. The words of her husband stand out though.

He wrote on IG “I’ve been thinking of the best birthday wish, best lines, something that will blow your mind, something out of this world…..but then I realized…..those are just words, words can’t quantify what you mean to me, how you make me feel, how you’ve blessed me with love, peace and happiness. I can only use words to wish you a happy birthday but not what you mean to me. Happy birthday baby @elsieokpocha”

So sweet!

Elsie also shared a couple of new photos that she shot recently.

Elsie Okpocha 1

1. Anonymous

July 13, 2016 at 2:19 pm

I go to the same gym with herZ First time I saw her I was wowed. She’s TINY up, like the upper body of a 15 year old. Then her lower body…. Damn. Pictures don’t do her justice. And the camera definitely adds 10 pounds
    Nigerian women are beautiful o. I just hope God blesses me with that kind of great bod after 2 kids.

Happy Birthday Elsie! May God continue to bless your marriage (and keep your bod hot?)
    Amen

• nene+

July 13, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Happy birthday Elsie!
      But to be candid you are already very beautiful and so do not require all the neck stretching, hard posing, highlighting, shoulder highs, hair blonding and some stuff i see you do.
      Please leave those for Blac China.
      You are an elegant woman already.

• Sherlie Holmes

July 13, 2016 at 8:46 pm

But what if the “neck stretching, hard posing, highlighting, shoulder highs (What?!), hair blonding” comes natural to her and she sincerely likes it…and not necessarily because she “needs or requires” it. Just say your happy birthday, she’s beautiful and leave the rest alone jor. Ki lo de?

Elsie…happy baiday o jere!

• jade

July 13, 2016 at 4:29 pm

These comedians are making money. The more money they make, the lighter their wives and more indian, malaysian hair she wears. The only comedian’s wife who has remained true to herself is Julius Agwu’s wife. Elsie is a beautiful woman but she looks different in the pics.
      Is every Nigerian celebrity bleaching? This is the reason Genevieve Nnaji will remain the number one queen/goddess. She stays true to herself.

• Elle

July 13, 2016 at 4:54 pm

And Okey bakassi

• tiana

July 13, 2016 at 5:13 pm

how do you know genevie is not doing some sort of toning – just because she isn’t as elaborate as the others – which i think is a bit too much really – – you can still be dark and use toning cream – trust me i know a friend that does this and you can’t tell – she just looks even brighter, fresh and smooth. however i do think the lady above looks good – not my style but she looks good

• susa

July 13, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Genevieve doesn’t tone and I’m not even a genevieve fan like that.

• Jade

July 13, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Tiana, if Genevieve is toning and she still looks almost the same color from when she started then I don’t mind her type of toning. Nothing wrong with your skin looking smoother, brighter and more radiant. Some of the men’s skin looks different too.
      . I compared basket mouth skin to when he first started out his skin looks different, even Flavour. The problem is, some people go five shades lighter, can barely recognize them. It’s not toning, that’s high level of bleaching.
      It’s too much fakeness going on in nigerian industry. Everybody wants to be light, pale it’s quite sad. Wear brazillian, Indian weave. That’s Nigeria’s definition if beauty.
      Nigeria is the most population with black people yet they suffer from the lowest self esteem.

• Tiana

July 14, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Jade just read your recent reply.. we are on the same page.. it’s too much .. I saw a friend I had not seen since school.. she was ebony black.. now like half cast.. I did not recognise her.. it was embarrassing for both of us

2. @edDREAMZ

July 13, 2016 at 2:40 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Even me too, words cant quantify the kind of butterfly this sweet milf is giving my belle…. She is so beautiful and sweet to…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Drew

July 13, 2016 at 3:27 pm

???? you silly Jupeterian.

• Mz Titilitious

July 13, 2016 at 5:37 pm

lmao

3. Prince

July 13, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Happy Birthday Mrs. Basketmouth. God’s blessing always

4. tiny

July 13, 2016 at 2:50 pm

bleach bleacher bleachest

• allthingsfitness

July 13, 2016 at 3:02 pm

hehehehee!!!!

• Linda

July 13, 2016 at 3:18 pm

She’s not bleaching, I see her frequently, but she filters her pics to like 5 shades lighter. Wonder why she/her photographer did that. But then all “pro” photographers and MUAs will “beautify” you by making you 6 shades lighter. I’m light skinned and I wonder what Nigerians dark sinned women go throw everyday. From the parents to teachers to dating to people in the market to music videos, it’s madness.

• Linda

July 13, 2016 at 3:20 pm

*through

• See

July 13, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Most of us dark skinned women don’t go through anything. We feel gorgeous, really.

5. tiny

July 13, 2016 at 2:53 pm

same basket mouth that laughed at girls for bleaching, now has his wife winning the bleaching competition.

• Linda

July 13, 2016 at 3:19 pm

She doesn’t lighten her skin

• word

July 13, 2016 at 3:44 pm

….as the defender of the universe that u is na….clap 4 ursef

• Jade

July 13, 2016 at 9:38 pm

He laughs at the ones with fanta/coke combination. Now levels don change, there’s new advancement to skin lightening/bleaching. Just bcos you can bleach now and your skin looks even doesn’t mean you are better o or are not bleaching. So, basket mouth is ok with his wife bleaching but no dark knuckles.

6. mercy

July 13, 2016 at 3:17 pm

These comments Jst d swit my belle, Hbd Madam.

7. Linda

July 13, 2016 at 3:56 pm

@word sorry. The day people are lying about you on the internet (if you make it that far,) there’ll be no one to defend you from the lies. I don’t know how people just sit down everyday and cook stories about people and post under the guise of anonymity. And it stays FOREVER. The evils of the Internet

Sorry, I can’t see where they are lying about somebody and keep quiet. I don’t apologize for it either. So when people call me out because they think it’ll shut me up, I just laugh?

• anon

July 13, 2016 at 9:26 pm

@Linda…I think @word was just being mischievous in that reply. Check out @nedu_wazobiafm on Instagram to get the joke.

• Linda

July 13, 2016 at 10:49 pm

I got the joke and the intent of the comment. Which is why I said “Nkechi style”

8. ID

July 13, 2016 at 4:12 pm

Wow! Very beautiful! HBD Babe

9. word

July 13, 2016 at 4:26 pm

As long as u have an account on social media, u have made it to the internet. Lol. Like making it to the internet will guarantee our names in the book of life.

• Linda

July 13, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Oya why is your own picture not on Bellanaija when you have social media account. How corny of you to now bring in book of life lmaoo where you not just throwing shade at me with Nkechi style. Is that how to enter book of life? My friend take your call out and be going

10. sushii

July 13, 2016 at 4:32 pm

She isn’t this lightskinned..photoshop
    She’s chocolatey sexy
    This lady is hot o…pictures dont do justice one bit

11. olulinks

July 13, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Mrs endowed!

12. tee

July 13, 2016 at 5:56 pm

I hope say no be for thishot Lagos, you dey wear this your boot oooh

13. zobzy

July 13, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Not looking bad thou, happy birthday