Scoop

“And always remember to keep smiling…” Damilola Attoh has the Perfect Remedy for Demotivation

Damilola AttohNollywood actress Damilola Attoh woke up feeling a bit demotivated this morning but she gave herself the perfect charge to get refocused and we had to share!

The mum of one who is starring in highly anticipated upcoming movie “Isoken” posted a photo of herself all smiles on Instagram and captioned:

So I woke up this morning feeling very low. Do you ever sit and wonder how time has flown by so fast and it seems like you are still in the same spot in life? Where did all the energy we felt at the beginning of the year go? Why aren’t our dreams coming true? There are only 4 more months to the end of the year, and with each passing day, we are growing older and older. Let people who are achieving greater heights in life inspire you, its easier to get envious, jealous, sad, angry… instead, zero in on them as your motivation. I’m going to change my strategy because I know I have soooo much more inside of me. I know you do too, so change yours if you aren’t getting the results you want so badly. Work smarter! And always remember to keep smiling…

1. Kay

August 23, 2016 at 2:53 pm

Spot on!
    I’ve been feeling like this lately…
    I have actually made some progress since the beginning of the year, but I’m still far from where I wanna be.
    It’s so easy to forget about previous accomplishments and start feeling down because of what you haven’t done yet.

2. JustSaying

August 23, 2016 at 2:59 pm

Damilola
    you are married
    Marrried to one of the most handsome men
    Blessed with a beautiful baby boy
    Healthy as i can see and with continuous job on tv and film
    Which means you are highly blessed than most of us singles here still praying ‘
    So abeg just be content where you are. some of us have not yet been blessed to start this beautiful journey called “HAVING YOUR OWN FAMILY”. So you see Damilola You are highly blessed -more than you think

• Lucinda

August 23, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Married people are allowed to be demotivated. Marriage and kids etc are not the beginning or end of any journey, it is part of this whole journey called life. If you’re hoping that your troubles will reduce after marriage I think you’re setting yourself up for some disappointment because the higher you go the hotter it becomes. For every level in life, there’s a devil #fact. But what everybody can take from this is that when you have developed the mental strenght to conquer that struggle, it is assured that you will move on to a higher level.

• Idomagirl

August 23, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Typical Nigerian.
      Once a woman has a husband or kids, that’s the end.
      She shouldn’t dream or aspire for anything else again…

3. B

August 23, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Haven’t you wondered why a rich person still commits suicide? That’s life for you. Being happily married to one of the most handsome men, blessed with a beautiful baby, healthy( I wonder how you could tell) doesn’t mean anyone can’t be depressed or can’t feel bad on some days. Its funny how ‘having your own family’ is the only happiness or achievement we should only aim for. Well, she has her own family and that should tell you there is more to life than just that.

@kay , I have been feeling like that too of lately. I started my business this year, I have had a few opportunities and I crave more. I know we still have four months to go and I strongly believe it will end in praise. I am always comforted with the fact that I am going after my dreams and I am far from where I started this year.

• JustSaying

August 23, 2016 at 3:51 pm

You can chase money all you want

Quoting B

“”””” Its funny how ‘having your own family’ is the only happiness or achievement we should only aim for.””””””\
      \
      and in response to you B
      {{No it is not funny. because you can have a million successful business and be richer than Dangote sef, But if you dont have a family of your own (wife/husband, kids ) to share this acquired wealth- then i am sorry you have lived a failed life. AND YES ITS IS THE ONLY HAPPINESS ONE SHOULD AIM FOR – TO HAVE A FAMILY TO SHARE YOUR SUCCESS WITH

Each one has their opinion, this is mine and i am sticking to it.

name one person who has achieved all the success and wealth in life with no family of their own ? Who??? I am waiting for your response.

So if you get old one day who will take care of you or if God forbid you die someday – who will bury you.

Like seriously ?

• Tosin

August 23, 2016 at 4:24 pm

you really really really value family. may God grant your heart’s desire.
      remember that you don’t own anybody tho’ , even your family. just saying. “having your own family” isn’t like having your own teddy bear, it’s just a network of people, maybe with some obligations to one another, some spit-swapping rights, shared housing for a while…

• BlueEyed

August 23, 2016 at 4:33 pm

@JustSaying you sound like a typical Nigerian, and even as your comments are very disappointing to say the least, I will only say that hapiness means different things to different people
      OAN, this Damilola lady seems very off to me, the very few times I’ve seen her she just comes off as very aloof and boring.

• Naijatalk

August 23, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Mother Theresa…she was successful in her own right.
      I guess you can argue that Jesus was her husband and her children, the lives she touched.
      Mary Slessor

4. Aisha

August 23, 2016 at 3:45 pm

I felt that way all through yesterday and I just couldn’t place my fingers on what the trigger was.
    I woke up today watching the sun rise and smiled, felt lifted and I plan to stay that way for the rest of the day…one day at a time.

• Kadara

August 23, 2016 at 5:02 pm

@blueyed, mistakenly like your comment. Your send statement seems off and so do you for judging a person you’ve never even met as seeming off. There’s nothing one won’t read on Bella naija

5. Seun

August 23, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Just saying Nonesense,people with strong drive are never contended by basic things of life,that’s why they keep on trying,to reach for greater heights .

6. Tosin

August 23, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Positivity!
    And such a beautiful smile.

7. Ipobbewarned

August 23, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Useless comments from the tribalised ants,buari have started it ,jail term for all selling hate and insults on line or by dogcallings.

8. Atreides

August 23, 2016 at 7:27 pm

If I get to wake up next to Chris Attoh every morning, a smile would be a permanent fixture on my face.
    All that chocolatey goodness!
    *side eyes*