BN TV

BN Beauty: From Drab to Fab! Learn how to transform your ‘TWA’ | Watch

Barbara1923

The natural hair struggle never ends. That’s a fact of life that we all have to accept – sooner rather than later.

It stems mainly from the fact that from the time of our youth, we rarely, if ever, had the opportunity to maintain our hair in its true state before it was thought that a blow-out would be the better option. Now they call it the ‘texlax’ but then, it was called a blowout. To achieve this semi-straight hair, the relaxer was applied to the hair and washed off almost immediately.

But that isn’t our story now.

Now, we love to tend to the natural texture of our hair. Now, we are dexterous with it and not manipulative. Now, we let it lead and bend to its will.

Sounds like a child right? In a way it is, lol.

barbara1923 twa bellanaija

Surprisingly, very little is required to get our natural hair looking glorious. Let’s face it, while these things are simple, sometimes we just lack the patience. I know I lack the patience sometimes and end up with a bun which destroys my edges *sigh* (raise  your hand up if that’s your story too)

But I came up with this really great and easy way to change up your look and take it from drab to fab in minutes. I’m all for quick and simple tips so I jumped on this immediately.

Here’s what you’ll need:

• Your fingers: to detangle your hair
  • A tail comb: fret not, this is just to section your hair
  • Between 6 – 8 flat plaits of your hair: for that glorious texture
  • An afro comb: to fluff the roots of your hair
  • A matte red lip: for the final look and so your face gets some love
  • A smile

Watch the step-by-step of this transformation below

Give this look a try and be sure to tag #barbara1923 on twitter or Instagram so I can see it.

Image &a Video Credit: Barbara & 1923

| The Restless One | Lover of GOD & Change | Content Creator | Barbara Onianwah spends her days working in Marketing Communications and her nights as a Social Media & Beauty aficionado who straddles between using the internet to build her personal brand – Barbara & 1923; and helping various Clients build their online presence. To find her, visit her blog - www.barbara1923.com OR follow her on Twitter – @piriye | Instagram – barbara1923 |Facebook & Youtube – Barbara & 1923.

1. MsChar

August 14, 2016 at 1:30 pm

What styling products did she use. You can get much better curl definition than this with the right kind of products

2. consulenza immagine

August 14, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Very interesting article.
    The right product let you obtain the right result!
    Thanks for sharing.

3. kaia

August 14, 2016 at 4:54 pm

I think her is really untidy. Natural hair should not unruly hair make. Better hair management style alert

4. Rae

August 14, 2016 at 5:07 pm

This was a complete waste of my time Barbara.
    All you did was take out plaits (you’d already done) then fluff with a comb and told us to take note of a side parting (duh)
    What products did you use, how did you wash? Blah blah Blah, I’m not sure what this video was supposed to do tbh

5. A.M

August 15, 2016 at 12:12 am

The 2 comments before mine..100 likes.
    My own is that I don’t like the way she talked about “texlax”..I am texlaxed and proudly so. Why is it so difficult for some naturalistas to embrace their their decision and their hair journey without constantly throwing jabs at those who are not willing to join the natural band wagon. Haba it’s just hair! Do you please! The natural thing works for some ppl.. not all.. and it certainly doesn’t work for this blogger(in my opinion) I’d rather hv healthy long hair like @naijahaircangrow and @rehairducation than have natural hair like Barbara please. Are you trying to tell me to cut my healthy bsl hair simply because the natural hair community would rejoice at the conversion of one more lost soul.. odiegwu! Respect my decision and I’ll respect yours, simple!

Barbara1923

September 23, 2016 at 3:16 pm

I have quite a number of friends who are texlaxed and I loooooove their length but always tease them about not having the texture of no chemicals. My apologies if I offended you, i didn’t mean to and I do respect your hair journey too.
      Cheers,

6. P.M dawn

August 15, 2016 at 3:53 am

I have natural hair so I would automatically click on any interesting article / blog about natural hair. I don’t get how you click on articles you have no interest in just to whinge about how it’s all about a topic you got no interest in. Odiegwu.

7. ifiii

August 15, 2016 at 9:54 am

This was a nice video, the beauty about it is that it shows you don’t even need a bunch of products too get your hair looking like this, #Naturalonabudget. I wear my hair out like this and I get a lot of compliments. Some of us don’t have the time to pile products in our hair or the money.
    That being said, tearing people down isn’t a nice thing. This is a 4 minute video if you want something detailed you can get in touch with her or check out youtube. Spread love

8. Mzphunby

August 15, 2016 at 3:19 pm

I love it! Simple, easy and not expensive! Pple be looking for products everytime! Eesh!