Features

Exclusive: From Heartbreak to Sexy & Fit! OAP Destiny Amaka shares her Story & launches Weightloss Vlog

Destiny Amaka Before & After BellaNaijaShe’s been on the scene for a number of years and recently, radio personality/actress Destiny Amaka has lost weight and gotten on track with her fitness.

The Cool FM 96.9 OAP shares the story behind her weightloss. She will be sharing tips on how to lose weight healthily while still eating Nigerian meals in her new Vlog!

Look out for it on BN TV this month.

***

Hey BellaNaijarians,

I’m Destiny Amaka – Cool FM OAP and Actress, last year May 2015, I had an emotional breakdown and unlike before instead of stuffing my face, I just lost my appetite and couldn’t eat as much as I did before.

WOW, what a shock to my entire system because I love food so much. I lost a lot of weight in a short period of time (no fun at all and I certainly do not wish this on the next person).
When my appetite came back, I just didn’t want the extra weight back so instead of going back to my old eating habits, I started cutting my portions down.

Destiny Amaka Before

Destiny Amaka 2012

Destiny Amaka 2012

Destiny Amaka 2013

Destiny Amaka 2013

Destiny Amaka 2014

Destiny Amaka 2014

Destiny Amaka 2015

Destiny Amaka 2015

I realised that my body doesn’t need as much food as I was giving it. I’ve lost a total of 23kg in 14 months with portion control, eliminating certain foods hitting the gym and drinking a lot of water.

My lifestyle completely changed and so did my health for the better, I sleep better, and have less aches and pains during the day.

Destiny Amaka 2016 BellaNaija Workout

I started of at 89kg and gradual worked my way down to 66kg. I was afraid to say anything before because I thought the weight would creep back as it usually does but this time it is gone for good :)…Well, until it’s time to start a family.

For now, my goal is to stay under 70kg and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

It didn’t happen overnight and what was different this time is that I wasn’t looking for quick rapid results as before but I focused more on not gaining the weight back and sustaining my weight by setting smaller goals and keeping an eye on my weight by weighing my self every Sunday.

That way, I have an idea of how I can manage my food intake for the coming week. Therefore, I know if there is  room to slack or if I needed to be a bit stricter that week. Let me not spoil it all, due to the overwhelming number of messages in my DM, I thought it would be easer if I did a Vlog explaining my journey, my does and donts and ideas of yummy healthy local delicacies.

The key for me was slow progress, this way it becomes a way of life, my body is still changing, I’m still learning new things and setting new goals.

If I can do it then so can you.

No pills.

No surgery.

Just a determined mind to stay healthier and happier.

Destiny Amaka Now – 2016

Destiny Amaka 2016 BellaNaija 1 Destiny Amaka 2016 BellaNaija 2 Destiny Amaka 2016 BellaNaija 3Destiny Amaka 2016 BellaNaija 5

Destiny Amaka

Destiny Amaka

I’m here to help you on your journey so feel free to ask any questions and also suggestions on things that have worked for you.

Look out for my vlogs, kick starting this August. God bless and good luck.

1. hawtstuff

August 4, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Is it just me or does the 2016 Destiny Amaka looks weird and sickly?

Anyway, congrats on your weight loss

• MurderSheWrote

August 4, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Oh it’s just you. Why won’t u just keep this kind of unsolicited opinion to yourself eh? Imagine Destiny seeing this after all her breakdown, hardwork and self rebuilding? I wish people were more conscious of the effect of their words on others. Your tongue can either make or break. Choose the former. Thank you.

• Houstonian

August 5, 2016 at 4:40 am

It is just YOU & YOU ONLY! You’re overdosed with haterism.

2. marlvina

August 4, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Slimming tea and green tea does the magic. Even without stressing to do any exercise. I’m a living witness.

• Drew

August 4, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Pls which ones do u use? Hoping you’ll see this.

• marlvina

August 4, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Im currently using the Super Blend Green tea. Its a combo with lemon and ginger. The result is amazing. From my arms, thighs, stomach it burns the fat completely. Used to weigh 74kg, today I weigh 63kg. I love the feeling, cus i look trimmed and sexy. Lol. I still do my squats tho to maintain my round bum. Cus I noticed my bum reduced in size due to the effect of the tea.

• marlvina

August 4, 2016 at 9:31 pm

I’m currently using the Super Blend Green tea. Its a combo of ginger and lemon. The result is simply amazing. From my arms, thighs, stomach it burns the fat completely. I feel trimmed and sexy, Lol. I still do my squats tho to maintain my round bum, Lol . Cus I noticed my bum reduced the moment I started taking the tea.

• Houstonian

August 5, 2016 at 4:43 am

Slim tea/green tea only “supports” weight loss with its high caffeine content, nothing more. I’ve been a consistent organic green tea drinker for years and cannot solely credit green tea for my over 30 pounds weight loss in the last few years.

The formula remains 80%diet and 20% exercise. Forget tea…teas.

• hezekina pollutina

August 5, 2016 at 6:53 am

why would u suggest omeone skip the exercise – u looking for shortcuts but u have to put in the work and besides skinny but flabby is not attractive to touch….

• Deedee

August 5, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Which of them abeg cos I don taya

• amira

November 17, 2016 at 5:54 pm

How??

3. sass

August 4, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Hello Destiny
    Great work! How tall are you

4. Oma

August 4, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Thats one hot mama, hips don’t lie…

5. Yinka

August 4, 2016 at 9:04 pm

bella dont waste our time
    what did she share.
    She didnt share anything
    You shoulkd have waited till she shares in detail before you posted this ish

everyday BN and their continous nonssense just to get clicks

6. observe much

August 4, 2016 at 9:14 pm

She’s done really well. (@marlvia pls can u explain how the green tea works..im a little scared of sliming tea). Hoping to shed some weight this year, still have 4 months to go?

7. Sisi

August 4, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Hi dear I m after losing abdominal fat please put me thru, what do I do?

8. lily

August 4, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Jaw dropping! And hips really don’t lie!

9. Chill

August 4, 2016 at 11:10 pm

You look really good, congratulations.

10. "changing moniker"

August 5, 2016 at 12:12 am

Figure goals…,,
    Hopefully by December I’ll be halfway towards the dream bod

11. Nene

August 5, 2016 at 12:38 am

Nice figure. Unfortunately for her she’s very pear shaped and her face and upper body look gaunt and aged.

12. https://olliealley.wordpress.com/

August 5, 2016 at 1:15 am

Her transformation is impressive plus that shape, get it girl!

13. amaka

August 5, 2016 at 6:29 am

She’s thinner than she has ever been. I think she should stop. It’s enough….

14. oo

August 5, 2016 at 8:03 am

Im sorry o, she looked better before the weight loss. Again sha, its her body….

• Safaya

August 5, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Yea right Her Body, so your opinion does not matter, keep It to yourself!!!

15. hmmmmmmmmm

August 5, 2016 at 11:53 am

Well Done Destiny on reaching your goal. Now real work starts with the maintainence. Remember all it 80%,what you eat, 20% fitness, good luck in your journey

16. Sisi

August 5, 2016 at 11:56 am

Yeeessss, she looks fabuous. Being health, fitter and stronger is ALWAYS a better option. For those not blessed with that super metabolism, discipline is the answer not tea. Let’s stop deceving ourselves that bigger is better – it’s not when covered with layers of fat that shorten your life span. I had a similar reaction recently to a stressful period and I have to say I’ve never felt better and although I never had lots to loose, I am keen to maintain. Carrying fat around your midriff is not safe.

17. Ummmm

August 5, 2016 at 1:53 pm

This entire post feels like a thirst-trap.

18. Felinda

August 5, 2016 at 4:14 pm

To each his own. If she likes what she sees in mirror then good
    I am 5ft with big nyansh, aiming to be voluptuous petite curvy like Kim, I’ll hate to be skinny like Kourtney. I told my personal trainer excercise to slim my thighs and not loose my round ass. As for abs lucky me flat tummy big ass runs in my family. I can easily get a six pack in 8weeks. Easy piezy. My big thighs are my main problem. Nothing fits, everything needs to be altered

19. Safaya

August 5, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Yea Right, HER body, so your opinion does not matter, keep it to yourself.

20. bijouxthisbijouthat

August 5, 2016 at 5:08 pm

WOW! WOW! I am totally totally jealous! what an impressive transformation… go go girl…. hopefully, some of us get on the program.. to think she was bigger than me by 10kg but has done it beautifully

21. ese

August 5, 2016 at 6:31 pm

From these pictures ,I prefer the old Amaka .. but hey that’s just me and my opinion, dont shoot me yet. If this works for her ,fine. I couldn’t help but notice how effortlessly beautiful she was in the former pictures but the recent ones seems like shes trying too hard to be fine lol..
    Beautiful babe

22. TT

August 5, 2016 at 10:57 pm

When your weight loss shows too much around your neck and shoulders like a starving refugee at a camp, that’s not a good look. She’s single abi? Well I can guarantee her most men will prefer the former.

Wait a minute isn’t this the girl I always see hanging with Ebube Nwagbo? Oh ok so I guess Ebube too lost weight same way huh and Ini edo too. Okay ohhhh 🙂