News

Ooni of Ife to Embark on a Tour of Europe

Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi_Ooni of Ife Wedding_Olori Wuraola Otiti 5The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi (Ojaja II) will embark on a tour of Europe in October, 2016.

The trip is organized by African Cultural Awards (Africulra Awards) in collaboration with Nigerian stakeholders in Europe and Nigeria consulate offices/Embassies in Europe.

According to the President of the team, Barr. Toyin Adeyanju, His Imperial Majesty shall visit the following countries/Cities: Germany (Frankfurt, Hamburg), France (Paris), Austria (Vienna), Hungary ( Budapest, Debrecen), Netherlands (Amsterdam, The Hague) between October  21st & 30th 2016.

Activities during the trip shall include: Royal visitation, Diplomatic dinners/cocktail, Business meetings/summit, cultural celebration, parties, Awards, and Lectures.

The Africulra team is inviting everyone to join the trip.

1. nwa nna

August 21, 2016 at 5:07 pm

When is Ooni going to drop his album already? He stays touring, shyte I say we make him a honorary tourism minister or ambassador ?.
    Long live Ooni, kabiyesi o

2. Fifi

August 21, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Since when do we care where he travels to, this man is becoming an ireti

3. Bodunade

August 21, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Bellanaija don’t loud it. I belong to the world president might see this and the urge might come over him again.
    Reminds me of Ronaldo and Messi. I think the ooni is the messi to our Ronaldo.

4. Bodunade

August 21, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Before DSS will come and carry me.. I’m sorry Sir.

??

5. le coco

August 21, 2016 at 6:02 pm

pls Madam” Hi ham noth a Fahn hof gender hequality” pls if do not touch microphone Abeg.

• Fifi

August 21, 2016 at 6:46 pm

Le coco ???

• Big Tee

August 21, 2016 at 8:51 pm

You see your life? she is not even a Yoruba woman, she doesn’t have the “H” factor…..coco like you…….

• Anon

August 21, 2016 at 10:09 pm

You think it’s only Yorubas that have the H factor?

• ATL's finest

August 21, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Lmao! Where’s your sense of humor? Just laugh it up cuz it aint that deep & yes for the record, not only Yoruba’s have H & R factors ok. ( I’m not Yoruba) but trust me I know what I’m saying

• belle

August 22, 2016 at 4:38 am

calm ur tits.. It cant be that serious.. SLOW DEEP BREATHS @BIG TEE

6. Lady

August 21, 2016 at 6:26 pm

Hi, can any of my fellow readers (Nigerians ) please tell me the difference between oba/ooni and deji?

• Nyah

August 21, 2016 at 7:00 pm

They all mean the same thing: ‘king of……’

• MyMind

August 21, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Oba literally means King. Ooni or Deji is the title of the King of a specific Yoruba land. Ooni of ife, Deji of Akure, olubadan or ibadan etc.

7. glow

August 21, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Deji is strictly the title of the king of Akure, Ooni is that of Ife, Ewi is that of Ado-Ekiti….each Yoruba king has his unique title.

8. Ade

August 21, 2016 at 8:54 pm

Why not go to Libya? There are lots of yoruba people there too.

9. Lady

August 21, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Thank you guys for the explanation.

• Ijebujesha

August 21, 2016 at 10:46 pm

Alaafin-is that of Oyo, Alake-Egba, Awujale-Ijebu, Owa-Obokun of Ijeshaland, Timi- Ede, Soun-Ogbomosho, Ataoja-Osogbo, Oloffa-Offa, Olomu-Omu Aran, Elerin-Erin-ile, Okere-Saki, Orangun-Ila, Afonja-Ilorin (before Fulani herdsmen took over)…I could go on but for want of space and time. I reckon you are Ghanaian. My Grandma is Ghanaian,so I always like to bridge the gap between my two ethnicities…Yoruba and Ashanti.

• Naijatalk

August 21, 2016 at 11:41 pm

Lol @ before Fulani herdsmen took over.

10. Dss is calling

August 22, 2016 at 12:06 am

Well Buari is busy dealing with that guy that was trained to insult people,no more respect any thing from other tribes must be insulted,after when Dss come knocking they will shout freedom of speech,please learn to respect other tribes,

11. Comment

August 22, 2016 at 12:26 am

All that traveling funds that he can use to turn Ife into Dubai. We are always poking our noses into developed territories whilst neglecting ours. Who is visiting the Ooni?….nobody. But he is visiting everyone. See our life.

12. Joke

August 22, 2016 at 5:22 am

He’s using it as “investment” to supposedly get investment to develop Nigeria starting with Ife, but there’s just something about his whole persona and actions that doesn’t add up. It seems he wants to turn billionaire personally and his olori too no gree oh. She wan be superstar in a sneaky way too… His trip to the US was sponsored by a group I’m sure with some kind of revenue split and they tried to make it a big deal, but they didn’t have access to the US media, like they thought. He did okay, first of the kind for African royalty, but they also charged for some events he was at, so they made money, but they spent a lot of money too. Hope they broke even or even made profit because it didn’t seem like that to me. It was more of a big deal to Nigerians and the Nigerian media covered it and that was pretty much it.

13. Prince

August 22, 2016 at 9:29 am

Swaggalicious Kind. Enjoy yourself biko. i dont know what people problems are. You guys want him to sit down in that palace like one old cow. A man as young and good looking as this.