News

So Sad… Senator Stella Oduah’s Son Passes On

Senator Stella Oduah

Senator Stella Oduah

Senator Stella Oduah, representing Anambra North Senatorial district lost her son in Abuja on Friday, PUNCH reports.

The report stated that, the son, whose name is yet to be known, died after a brief illness.

Unconfirmed reports say the deceased was 28 and that he died at a private hospital in Abuja in the early hours of Friday.

When Oduah, a former Minister of Aviation was contacted, she confirmed the report, saying her son died after a brief illness.

Senator Uche Ekwunife, representing Anambra Central Senatorial District, also confirmed the news.

“It is very unfortunate. It has shown that death and life belong to God and it is only Him who controls our life. It is a trying moment for her and all of us. I know how it feels as a mother. It is only God who can console her,” Ekwunife said.

Unconfirmed reports stated that Oduah’s son was aged 28.

1. Suga

August 27, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Ewoo oo, my sincere condolence. I pray that God almighty will console you and your entire family, amen.

2. Kkay

August 27, 2016 at 1:41 pm

So sad!! May his soul RIP
    May God comfort and strengthen you.

3. Prince

August 27, 2016 at 1:53 pm

May his soul rest in peace.

4. Fifi

August 27, 2016 at 2:16 pm

No parent should bury their children, may God comfort them all this trying times

• Nahum

August 27, 2016 at 2:55 pm

No parent should ever bury their child o. May God have mercy on his soul and give comfort to his family. Poor woman!

• Jade Edo babe

August 28, 2016 at 2:58 pm

May it not be our portion. I suspect drugs. The way young Nigerians are dying nowadays scares me. Something is not right at all.

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

August 29, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Please, keep your assumptions to yourself when they are not verifiable facts.

5. nene+

August 27, 2016 at 4:20 pm

No parent should bury their kid. How sad it is to miscarry how much more a mature humam? Indeed painful and sad!
    May God grant her and her entire family the fortitude to bear the loss.

6. bisisexy

August 27, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Can not forget how my niece died at ADEYEMI HOSPITAL in isolo off nasiratu lasisi road ,off kogberegbe, pls appropriate authorities should persecute and jail Dr Adeyemi ,that man has 20 fake nurses that are learning,no qualified nurse ? No incubator , no stand by generator , just because he wanted to collect money he admitted my sis, I started to suspect wen his nurse brought out a cam coder to film the ceasarian operation, by that time my sister was sedated, I later confronted the nurse ,she tearfully begged me and old me lots of kids die in that hospital , its a popular hospital maternity and no one says anything my sis nearly died bcos of the loss of her baby,I had to take the baby me and her hubby to the cemetary, cemetary story is part 4,ei now understood why a former northern first lady said her calling is building new cemetaries,that spirit of dead cried to God and God told her hmmm, I was so depressed, I became hypercondriac, after 2 yrs prayers are just suppress ing d sadness , how bad Nigeran legal system is,united kingdom is not heaven,but doctors are careful because of fear of imprisonment,mrs oduah God will mend ur heart amen

7. Lateefah

August 27, 2016 at 8:57 pm

sad!

8. Rip to the dead

August 27, 2016 at 9:24 pm

May this teach some of our fantastical corrupt public officials that vanity upon vanity all is vanity.

9. Amaa

August 27, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Sad but one thing is for sure God will visit anyone that has put hand directly or indirectly to ruin this great country. Call me cruel or heartless I am tired of living as a second “hand”citizen when I can live comfortably back home . This people are jokers and I am not even sorry one bit

• Fifi

August 27, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Compassion goes a long way, don’t mock anyone at their lowest point especially when they are grieving. It is well

• Lacey

August 27, 2016 at 11:28 pm

@Amaa you are just heartless! This woman refurbished all the airports in that Country? Because of ordinary bullet proof car Nigerians have been castigating her!please direct your wicked prayers to Buhari,not even his children!That instead of Nigeria to disintegrate let Buhari and the Nothern Caliphate be consumed! it is well with Nigeria!

• Iris

August 28, 2016 at 12:04 am

It is a difficult time that she’s going through, but don’t get carried away. She refurbished ALL the airports in Nigeria?! Really? Even MMIA was still under apparent indefinite construction this year.

• Amaa

August 28, 2016 at 4:19 am

You are what is wrong with this country you call that simple bullet proof scandal ,in sane countries you will go to jail and will never hold a public or private office ever .
      I don’t think you have been to the county in a long time I have and I have been to Abj,phc,Enugu , owerriand lagos airport if you call that substandard unfinished work that is already falling apart refurbishment then you need to have a rethink or just use google . Phc airport made the list of the worst aiport in the world .
      Death is inevitable for us all it should be welcomed if we claim we no heaven and hell . No body wan kpaiiiii they wan go haven . They all ruined this country and still ruining it . I am sad that my school fees is double of what it was because of exchange rate I am sad I can’t get foreign currency and yet a pilgrim has access to it.i am sad that infact let’s not go there .

• Itsgottobesaid

August 28, 2016 at 12:31 pm

@fifi and lacey and your other alias corruption is HEARTLESS. IT STEALS FROM THE POOR AND FORCES PARENTS TO WATCH HOPELESSLY WHILST THEIR CHILDREN DIE OF EASILY PREVENTABLE THINGS LIKE COMMON MALARIA, YOU SAY ORDINARY BULLET PROOF CAR DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY LIVES COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED IF THAT MONEY HAD GONE TO PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEEDED IT. THERE ARE MANY WHO HAVE BURIED THEIR CHILDREN IN THIS COUNTRY DUE TO THE GREED OF OTHERS .TO ALL THOSE PARENTS I SAY MAY GOD WIPE YOUR TEARS AND GIVE YOU COMFORT IN YOUR GRIEF. TO THOSE WHO HAVE CAUSED THE DEATH OF CHILDREN INDIRECTLY OR DIRECTLY BY THEIR GREED I SAY, THE GRIEF YOU FEEL NOW, YOU HAVE CAUSED IT TO A MULTITUDE OF OTHERS. IT’S A HORRIBLE FEELING, NOBODY SHOULD BURY THEIR KIDS. MAY YOUR CHILD’S SOUL REST IN PEACE STELLA. LET NIGERIANS SAY NO TO CORRUPTION, NOBODY DESERVES TO BURY THEIR KIDS.

10. Buki

August 29, 2016 at 1:14 pm

RIP to an innocent child…. To all people in power who watch and take part in the ruin of our country, when karma catches up, you will be helpless to save your self and the loved ones you steal for…. If you use your influence to save this country, our healthcare system, education, transport, electricity, civil service and government practice,…. everything… won’t be so bad, but no, you turn your eyes and watch the country rot, thinking that you will steal as much as you can and flee… well sorry… the country you refuse to fix will haunt you… your children and other children in Nigeria will have a high chance of survival from minor ailments, if you play your part and not cowardly fold hands or dip in when wickedness is allowed to flourish.