News

“I want my son buried in Warri” – Senator Stella Oduah’s ex-Husband

NAN

Senator Stella Oduah

Senator Stella Oduah

Lt.-Col. Satchie Etoromi (Rtd), the father of the late Maxwell Etoromi, has requested for the corpse for burial in Warri, Delta.

Maxwell was the son of Senator Stella Oduah, the representative of Anambra North in the Senate.

Etoromi, who hails from Delta, told newsmen on Wednesday in Warri that he wanted the remains of his son to be buried in Warri.

Maxwell died on August 26, 2016 after a brief illness at the age of 28.

”I have sent a delegation to his royal majesty, the Igwe of Akili Ozizor, Ogbaru, in Anambra to express my sadness over the death of my son and how I was treated by Stella.

I read about the death of my son in the newspaper, I was not informed by Stella that my son that was delivered on 14th March, 1988, in St. Mary`s Hospital, Ugboroke, Warri, is dead.

So, I have sent a letter calling Stella, my ex-wife, to bring my son, who was under her custody, to me for burial in Warri.

His Royal Highness Igwe Oduah 1, betrothed Stella Oduah to me on 18th November, 1984, in Akili Ozizor.

We married on the 16th of December, 1984, in His Highness’ Palace in Akili Ozizor, after the payment of dowry and exchange of gifts.

We were taken to Nde-Mili where we performed the final rites.

Till now, Stella has not told me my son in her custody is dead.

There is rumour that my son will be buried in Akili Ozizor and that is unacceptable, my son must be brought to me in Warri for internment,” he said.

1. yaz

August 31, 2016 at 11:02 pm

Choi!

2. slice

August 31, 2016 at 11:05 pm

Stupid noisemaker

• ani

August 31, 2016 at 11:33 pm

so sad you would call a man who just lost a son stupid, nothing wrong in what he is asking for

• Wunmi

August 31, 2016 at 11:36 pm

What do u mean?
      Do u even understand his pains at all?

• slice

September 1, 2016 at 12:48 am

he’s a noisemaker. if you want to talk to the mother about her son, call her the way every normal relative is calling her. delegation ko delegation ni.

3. Peace

August 31, 2016 at 11:19 pm

@ slice???????

4. Gorgeous

August 31, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Fall out of divorces, baby mama or papa issues when all the parties are not on good terms. At least they have not yet accused Stella of using him for rituals. According to Nigerian customs which is largely patrilineal he’s a war ri boy and should be buried in his father’s hometown.

5. Sad

September 1, 2016 at 12:35 am

This woman is full of ex and allergations of been mistress and. Corrupt,very sad.

6. Me2me

September 1, 2016 at 12:40 am

What he is saying is only valid if he has been taking care of his son. If not its all bull crap.

7. chamazing chick

September 1, 2016 at 1:06 am

I think he has a right to ask that his son should be buried in his father’s compound. (So sad a story) but I know he was very close to his mother and I don’t know much about the father’s influence. However if Stella brought up the boy and took care of him up till his death, she is right in burying him in her hometown. IMO.

8. Marvel

September 1, 2016 at 1:31 am

I hope this man has been responsible for his son financially. It would be upsetting to hear he disowned the child or that her family raised the child. If they did, they will bury him and there is nothing his Warri culture can do about it. We truly need to stop being selective about tradition. I don’t know any woman vindictive enough to go ahead with a burial where a father has been loving or even remotely present. It is unheard of.

9. Lacey

September 1, 2016 at 4:25 am

@slice you must be very silly for this statement !the man wants his late son buried in Warri!Period!nobody really cares right now about your stupid opinion !He is grieved as well!Nigerian women are becoming something else!

• Anonymous

September 1, 2016 at 6:13 am

What do Nigerian women have to do with this?? Stella Oduah cared for and provided for her children, gave them the best, even took care of her husbands financially. But it’s now that the man remembers culture. Why didn’t he remember culture when he was allowing a woman be the breadwinner and provider for his children’s upkeep, training them abroad and feeding them etc. Why was he enjoying her money and contacts when they were married?
      Abeg don’t pick and choose from patriarchy. Abi you’re female, oya now

• Iris

September 1, 2016 at 6:18 am

He made it public. He will get opinions. And why does his say get a ‘period’? Aren’t there two parents? Maybe they can bury him halfway between Anambra and Delta.

• slice

September 1, 2016 at 12:43 pm

If he can talk crap about thd mother, he can receive same.

• Orewa

September 2, 2016 at 5:55 am

I love you opinions slice

10. Mo

September 1, 2016 at 8:03 am

The tragic death of a young man in the prime of his life should not be allowed to descend into a “he said, he said” drama.. I know the dad is grieving and probably in shock but splashing this in the media will not help with the pain but will rather worsen things. I’m sure it’s also not what Maxwell would have wanted. The parents should quietly set aside past grievances, come to an appropriate agreement and give their son a peaceful burial. And as Me2me said, I hope the father was actually a part of his son’s life and actively contributing to the care of his son, because if not, this is definitely not the time to be claiming rights and responsibilities.

11. Ethio

September 1, 2016 at 8:31 am

look at these ones taking sides with these heartless self centered epitomes of theivery. ???madam oduah this one’s yours, mr weyrey this one’s yours ? ??… unto the next one, we don’t wanna hear your bla bla bla

12. artklub

September 1, 2016 at 9:24 am

stella, very sorry for your loss. that said, we get the leaders we deserve. morals matter. all this messiness, unnecessary.

13. Awiase

September 1, 2016 at 11:17 am

Oh Papa look at how miscarriages dumps one into depression,how much more losing your grown up son?.Please stop making things hard for the mother.Why fight over the dead?

14. Prince

September 1, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Even if the man isn’t taking care of the boy which i doubt, She’s suppose to tell him that his son had passed. I sympathise with Stella Oduah but that woman has pride like no one’s bizness, She’s so full of herself coupled with the money she thought she has (STOLEN FUNDS)

• slice

September 1, 2016 at 12:40 pm

A grieving mother is not supposed to do anything.

• sweets

September 1, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Shutup slice! The father is not grieving abi? Idiot!

15. fashy me

September 1, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Emotions set aside,, Whether the young man was under the mother’s care or not his fathers, we are people of tradition, the young man needs to be buried in his home town which is warri!…

• Corolla

September 1, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Since we are people of tradition, why don’t you go to calabar and kill all twins, while you are at it, please stop by some northern and igbo states and circumcise the females there.

16. Idomagirl

September 1, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Why run to the press with this?

17. FasholasLover

September 2, 2016 at 10:13 am

I am vexed. Etoromi should go and hide his head, face, body and soul in shame. You chased a a woman out of your house with only the clothes on her back and rejected the children. Now, you wake up and want to collect a dead body? For what? To cook and eat him? Well, the boy WILL REST where he rightly belongs. If you dare go near Ogbaru.

Useless men. like Etoromi abound all over. Violent, sadistic man. You sit at a table and ask for food when you have not put money down yet, accuse the woman of prostitution. Where do you think the food you asked to be served came from. Manna? The spineless idiot never expected her to amount to anything after chasing her and the children out. He was violent to her, he refused to provide ordinary food. Her crime was that she was/is beautiful. As if that wasn’t what attracted him in the first place.

She fed, looked after and trained her children without you ever asking how far, now you want to play father? Thunder fire you Etoromi. Are you even grieving? When was the last time you set your eyes on Chinedu? How come you did not know he was ill? For those talking about tradition, which tradition? Tradition that allowed a man divorce his children?

People on this blog, pls. refrain from abusing this woman on this particular matter except you know the details of what went down. She may not be popular as far as Nigerian politics is concerned, but please not on this matter.

18. ada

September 5, 2016 at 8:56 pm

I am from ogbaru and she is 100% wrong. D father has all d right in d world to bury his son. The boy is late etoromi not late oduah.

• Ru

September 5, 2016 at 9:22 pm

We don hear, expert in native law and custom! You have no say in this matter, if you like you can be from Stella’s backyard.