Relationships

Author and Finance Expert Yinka Ogunnubi shares the Best Way to deal with Grief & Break Bad News to People

Yinka-Ogunnubi 2

Public Speaker, Author and Finance Expert Yinka Ogunnubi shared an experience he had concerning how to break bad news to people.

He shared his observations he made from two women one morning. These screenshots are the lessons he learnt and he is now sharing:

Yinka 3Yinka -OgunnubiYinka -Ogunnubi - 001 Yinka -Ogunnubi - 002

Photo Credit: Twitter/Yinkanubi

1. E-O

September 16, 2016 at 6:26 pm

That’s how my immediate older bro called my mom to tell her my eldest bro had died. Then called me too. I was in class when his call came and this boy just goes “Best don die, I just tell mummy now”… God will grant that boy sense eventually.

• Miss Anonymous

September 16, 2016 at 7:47 pm

{Bear hug} maybe your brother was in shock and probably the reality of the situation hadn’t dawned on him. Take heart.

2. Ethio

September 16, 2016 at 8:19 pm

the story no sweet sef, girls can act drama! that’s how my neighbors grown ass daughter collapsed in my arms when she heard of her father’s death (the man has been under life support for months), i was like “you wan make i carry you? i no get strength ooo”… on a second thought when such news comes all of a sudden there is a tendency for drama

• Xoxo

September 16, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Are you serious? How can you type such words? You think loosing a loved one is a joke? How dare you call it drama? Even if the person has been on life support for months or has been sick for years some people like to hold on to hope and miracles. Please don’t be so cold hearted. I agree that some people just have a poor and distasteful way of breaking bad news. It’s really wrong. You have to be aware of the persons mood and surroundings before breaking such news.

• Mee

September 17, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Wow, have you become so used to sensationalization that reacting to a death is drama? Smh.

3. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

September 16, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Some people just want to be the first to break bad news, like there is a trophy ? for that. Kmt

4. TEE

September 17, 2016 at 9:32 am

I recall when my dad’s friends brother called to break the news of his friend death ,the man was not ill or anything, he spoke to my dad almost everyday. He did well to ask for the phone to be passed to me and he told me to step far away from my dad only to realise I was hit by his death hard too….

I must have been saying a lot of rubbish as he said he was scared I had lost my mind ,my case was easy ,when he was been buried we learnt more than 5 different people were in the hospital after they heard of his death… Yes he was that good a man and helped people.

I thought my dad would not survive it when we finally told him two weeks later ,amist church members,neighbors and friends ….one thing I took out of that experience is to be good ,he was a womanizer and drank socially but he took people’s plight seriously and a lot of lives depended on him and you will never hear him complain except he wants to chastise the person for being unserious .