BN TV

BN TV: Can Nigerian Men Cause your Health to Fail? Watch SincerelyOghosa’s New Vlog on Nigerian Men

BN TV

Can Nigerian men actually cause your health to fail?

Lifestyle vlogger SincerelyOghosa tackles this myth about certain Nigerian men in her new video. She’s breaking it down to get to the root of this issue and talking about men, ego, their expectations from women, linking to colonialism and so much more. Here’s what she said;

I’m back! So I wanted to do a video on whether dating Nigerian men is really as horrible as a lot of girls say. I was inspired to do this video because of conversations about African men, sexism, Africa, child marriage laws and colonialism that I’d had with my friends.

So I did research and discovered there are many reasons for the anti woman, anti-feminism, hyper masculine culture in Africa and in Nigeria. This video doesn’t cover ALL the reasons for the sexist culture in Nigeria but I hope it opens up the debate and discussion about this.

Watch the Video

1. LemmeRant

September 19, 2016 at 6:19 pm

***sighs***

Here we go again.
    I swear In this life we don suffer. Taa!

2. Chidi

September 19, 2016 at 6:20 pm

Please shut up, at no point in ur incoherent mumbling did you come anywhere close to making any sense whatsoever I really believe you like listening to yourself talk. Blaming Nigeria men but this is men in general and you forget to mention that Nigeria women are in the top three percentage for starting new business in the world above UK and USA . Also what do you mean Yoruba people provide the best opportunities for women to start and get involved in business. Is there any law that prevents any woman from starting a business in Nigeria.I actually just became more stupid by listening to you speech.

3. Just my 1 Cents

September 19, 2016 at 8:42 pm

SMFH, I know Nigerian men have their own issues and are not perfect, but when will we Black people start liking ourselves?? We just look STUPID to the world, I swear. When will we start talking about men who treat their wives right, and stop pursuing boys up and down?

Do you see white women make a video about their men being demons? Nope. I’m not saying men are perfect, but let’s start preaching good messages abeg. I’m just tired of all these negative messages.

4. Kikelola

September 19, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Is it by force to be in an unhealthy relationship? That’s the real question.

5. Engoz

September 19, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Buhaha naija men don suffer o.
    But seriously speaking this is over-reaching and the topic is in bad taste. The Nigerian male is entitled. I won’t argue on that. It will take a generation or two to erase this entitled spirit. Ain’t happening in our generation. Nevertheless, we forget that the enablers of these self entitlement are Nigerian women or any woman desperate for a ring or relationship. Nigerian men tell you want they want from women naturally whether what he is saying is good o or bad o,,,e go talk am with pride. They don’t even need to tell me, I already know what a Nigerian man wants, lmao. But what we have here are women especially naija women who enter relationships as PRETENDERS, and then disturb cyberspace when they cannot keep up pretending. A man tells you he wants freshly cooked meals everyday and you still went ahead to date or marry him, knowing fully well you can’t keep up. Whose fault is it? You also have the generation of women who are confused…wants a provider, but wants the man to be her chef in the kitchen. Most of these headaches can be curbed if women are more true to themselves. I think cinderalla stories, romantic movies and novels did some harm to the female. So when realities set in, you find women shouting their disbelief, lol. In general male logic, dating for the male is the ‘civilized’ avenue to have sex with the female. When it comes to sex, the male’s mind is primitive. Don’t be deceived by the suit or tie he’s wearing. They can deny it from now till Jesus comes. It is what it is. It is a reward for spending his ‘precious’ time and money on you, lmao. Nigerian men are coming in to dominate ya life, lollllll.

• Tosin

September 20, 2016 at 4:24 am

Basically I’ma read your essay and skip the video. Tired of women. Since I heard people cover their faces in ulcer medicine and then bake it in order to then apply layers of make up to it, I actually gave up. Y’all don’t talk to me.
      Men, please, keep winning. These girls are full of crap.

6. Iris

September 20, 2016 at 3:23 am

I watched this 14 minute video because I was waiting to hear about how the civil war played a part in chauvinism…and she didn’t bring it up again.

• Chidi

September 20, 2016 at 4:14 am

@Iris don’t mind the crazy woman with an accent I was waiting for that also but. Once these girls go abroad they come back with an accent and a crazy mind set.

7. sugarsandy

September 21, 2016 at 5:33 pm

You absolutely nothing about Nigerian men, your just an attention seeker.look at her wide lips mmtew