Music

Mr Eazi talks about his Upcoming Single with Vic O, his preference for Ghanaian Jollof & More on #TheTakeover with Moet Abebe

Mr Eazi-Moet-Abebe

BellaNaijarians, Mr Eazi prefers Ghana Jollof!

He revealed this in Moet Abebe‘s #TheTakeover podcast on Soundcity radio 98.5. He also spoke on ‘the album’ and why Dammy Krane was not featured on ‘Hollup’ video – stating it had nothing to do with his issues with Wizkid earlier in the year .

He also said that he is working with Vic O on new music! The collaboration began with a bet he had with Eugy who featured on their collaborative ‘Dance for me’ hit track. He then went on to put it on Instagram where Vic O got word of it and reached out.

They have written the track, verses and chorus but yet to record. The song is titled ‘For Your Love’.

Listen to his interview here:

1. keke driver

September 6, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Unfortunately, I can’t be mad @Mr Eazi, I’m kinda in love with Him…*kinda*

2. Dami

September 6, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Ghana jollof?? Sell out oshi

• Seriously

September 6, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Damn, it ain’t that serious. Everybody has different taste buds. Nigerians, the world doesn’t revolve around Nigeria. Be open to other neighboring African cultures, you will be surprise of what you will like, learn to appreciate instead of insulting. And for his music, it’s actually refreshing to hear a different sound from the redundant genre majority of Nigerian artists do. Be unique, be different and embrace it.

3. Lady

September 6, 2016 at 1:40 pm

????he’s had the right jollof
    The sound in the background is too high

4. nana

September 6, 2016 at 1:53 pm

you are right mr. eazi. Ghana jollof is tasty and bae..its the perfect jollof rice ever.

5. Big Tee

September 6, 2016 at 2:59 pm

I’m heartbroken…..how can you prefer Ghana Jollof? I am so sad, fulani herdsman oshi….

6. Pearl

September 6, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Listen, you people should stop claiming Mr Eazi, yes he is Nigerian but he wants to be Ghanaian so bad, so leave him for them. Shey they didn’t nominate him for that award because he is not Ghanaian soooo let’s just not nominate him either, since he doesn’t want to be Nigerian either. We can enjoy his music without acknowledging he is one of us. Yes he is hot now but it won’t be long someone else will come along. What blasphemy.

• Xoxo

September 6, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Looooool!!!! Is this because of jollof or is there something else I’m missing?

• MUSE

September 6, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Loooool, as in? warris the gist? abeg share it make we hear am, this anger no get part 2! all on top jollof?

• Pearl

September 6, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Nope I’ve watched his plenty of his interviews and he’s always forced to say he’s Nigerian or acknowledge his ‘Nigerianness,’ but has no problem being singed to Wizkid or associating with Nigerian artist (which he also said he won’t do on his album) . Was actually a big fan, but if ya’ll want to be claiming someone that don’t claim ya’ll go for it.

7. teee

September 6, 2016 at 3:59 pm

He is my fav ATM. Can’t wait for his collabo with burna boy. I love their voices

8. lily

September 6, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Lmao. Pearl I totally get where you’re coming from. Ghanaians refused to nominate him and in his video for Dance for me, everything was so Ghanaian and no representation of Nigeria. I feel like if he didn’t answer yoruba names, he would outright deny Nigeria…lol. But then it’s his choice, no vex abeg. I still am obsessed with him.

9. aj

September 7, 2016 at 1:45 am

ewww to Ghana jollof. If you don’t wanna claim Nigeria that’s fine….. we wont claim you either! The collabo with Vic o? I’m waiting to hear it!

10. Ready

September 7, 2016 at 4:55 pm

He wants to record a song with Vic O…of course he prefers Ghanaian jollof. Priorities all mixed up.

11. Fiifi Eshun