Scoop

She’s Unbreakable! Gabourey Sidibe shares Selfie of her Slimmer Figure & her Fans are Loving it

BellaNaija.com

gabourey sidibe_Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 01.35.25_bellanaija

Gabourey Sidibe is feeling her outfit!

The 33 year old Empire star showed off her Biggie Smalls t-shirt in an Instagram selfie – but her fans couldn’t get over her body. She captioned the photo, “Is it too early in the morning for selfies with a Mayfair filter?” Her followers all commented about how she’s “looking fab.”

“You go girl I am proud of you and love you as an actress no matter what size you are!!! Congratulations on your new look!!!” wrote one.

“Gabby been a fan…but dang boo you looking good as always!” added another.

“Always beautiful but looks like you have been working out at being Healthy and Happy! Thanks for sharing, seriously!” another fan said of the actress.

Sidibe thanked her fans for their support on Twitter – even if she hadn’t been looking for compliments.

Still, Sidibe is clearly loving her shape, and tweeted about her booty.

The Oscar-nominated actress previously talked about dealing with criticism about her weight admitting that “It’s hard to get dressed up for award shows and red carpets when I know I will be made fun of because of my weight.”

But the criticism made her stronger;

“If I hadn’t been told I was garbage, I wouldn’t have learned how to show people I’m talented,” Sidibe said. “And if everyone had always laughed at my jokes, I wouldn’t have figured out how to be so funny. If they hadn’t told me I was ugly, I never would have searched for my beauty. And if they hadn’t tried to break me down, I wouldn’t know that I’m unbreakable.”

Credits: Instagram | @gabby3shabby, Yahoo, People

1. josdaily

September 4, 2016 at 3:01 am

You go girl. Proud of you

2. praizeblog.com

September 4, 2016 at 7:08 am

oohhh dear

3. xplorenollywood.com

September 4, 2016 at 7:42 am

Good for you dear…

4. Ada_ugo

September 4, 2016 at 11:04 am

oh good for you, girl!!

5. Dolapo

September 4, 2016 at 2:58 pm

What took her so long?

• Californiabawlar

September 4, 2016 at 5:39 pm

I’m telling you! She has enough money for weightloss surgery! I for don do am tey tey.

6. iyke

September 4, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Where are the ‘I am confident in my body (curvy) size ladies’….who at the back of their minds know that orobo no good, but so lazy to embrace healthy living and weight loss exercise?
    Eniola Badmus,toolzs and Co, I will be so happy to see you girls post a transformation images here someday….I can’t wait to see it and celebrate with you.
    Folks,get your health and body back!

• Californiabawlar

September 4, 2016 at 5:37 pm

As someone who’s been overweight at some point in life, I can tell you not everyone that is overweight has health issues. I was healthier than a horse…in fact one time I got my blood pressure and cholesterol results back and when the doctor told me to go on my merry way, I was so shocked I told him he must have the wrong person seeing as I was carrying a newly acquired 20kg. He was just laughing.
      My motivation for weightloss came when I was going on a field trip and was going to be hiking a lot. I just jejely took to the tracks to build endurance…no one wants to be the fatty who out of breath and holding the rest of the group back.
      Stop giving advice where it wasn’t requested, these people have doctors. It’s easy to see through your bs concern.

• Xoxo

September 4, 2016 at 10:29 pm

Your comment sounds so silly. No one asked you for advice. It’s none of your business what people look like. Why not address your looks first before giving unsolicited advice.

7. Cheechee

September 5, 2016 at 2:55 am

I’m so happy for her since that’s what she wants.

8. Turban Girl

September 5, 2016 at 10:32 am

FINALLY!!! Am so excited about this, I wish I could give her a hug. Every time, I see her on empire, I cringe! I Think she is amazing, but she is always out of breath and looks like she is about to choke. No, am not fat shaming her, nothing wrong with fat, as long as you are controlling it, and not the other way round. Go Gabby!

9. Prince

September 5, 2016 at 11:09 am

That’s one motivational quote right there. Well done Becky.