Relationships

So Sweet! Actor Blossom Chukwujekwu Reproposed to Wife Maureen on their One Year Anniversary

imageNollywood actor Blossom Chukwujekwu and his wife Maureen celebrated the one year anniversary on Sunday and to make the special day even more special, Blossom reproposed.

Maureen shared the exciting news on Instagram while also thanking Mofe Duncan for introducing her to the love of her life.

The couple will be celebrating their white wedding soon.

Read her words below:

@redvigor:
“To Everyone who Wished Me/Us Well… Calls, Msgs etc Thank You❤️… Sunday Remains my Very Best Birthday Ever…. Still Overwhelmed at the Many Events/Surprises of that Day… @colepeter @colelaracole thank U for gifting me First❤️❤️…. To my Siblings @omenwa1 @g_nade @fitwitmark thanks for being Awesome… My God Dad.. I Love you to the Moon and Back.. Dnt think cos you are far away i wont still bug u wen u return.. But thank you for making out time to make me feel loved and special… @paditaagu thank u for the wAy you love me…. Thank u for being the perfect bestie… My friends.. Thank you for working out the surprise Party n fooling me lol…. @omardavie_collection bless ur kind heart, i cant love u enuf… To You… You… You Mr Chukwujekwu… A Year ago, You asked that i be ur Wife which was a major shocker to me and a Year Later You Re-Propose to mark Our Anniversary.. You got my friends to do me birthday Videos, even people i wud never hav expected them too.. How in God’s Name did u get GodDad to do me a Video?????? It teared me up… All day you kept on surprising me.. I cried, screamed, jumped, sat on d ground even begged u to stop that i was literally exhausted.

Blossom Chukwudi Echezonachukwu Chukwujekwu, I bless the day our Paths Crossed. I bless my Ex for leaving Me, I Bless Mofe Duncan for introducing Me to You and I bless You for Loving Me More than I Love Myself…. I Place a Rare Blessing On you Today that everything You lay Ur Hand, Heart, Voice, Soul On will Turn to Gold and For that Reason Your Many Generations will feed on Ur Wealth. That they ever Worked, will be Only for Pleasure…And So Shall it Be…. Amen @blossomchukwujekwu”

1. Miss Fine

September 14, 2016 at 9:08 am

Love the prayer for the Hubby. God bless ur union

2. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

September 14, 2016 at 9:13 am

NOTED, BUT PLS KEEP YOUR MARRIAGE OFF SOCIAL MEDIA. MARRIAGES THAT ARE EXPOSED ARE LIABLE TO COLLAPSE AFTER FEW MONTHS.

• ATL's finest

September 14, 2016 at 9:49 am

Not so true!!!!! I think folks can be on Social media & still ve a great life. However, there should be a limit to what’s been put out there. If not the way this world is turning, Social media was meant to be fun for all, reconnect, & rekindle. But some have decided to turn it into a war zone /WWE ground. However, I get what you are trying to say b/c me personally, I’m a HUGE FAN of PRIVACY & yes I’m only on BN :).

3. Jay

September 14, 2016 at 9:15 am

Lovely couple…love rocks!

4. Prince

September 14, 2016 at 9:25 am

Can i reproposed to my wife when we are already married. Isn’t proposing asking her to marry me. #justasking
    Welcome back from your sallah break people.

• Dee

September 14, 2016 at 9:43 am

It’s just a romantic gesture to say that he would marry her again and again and that he’s glad they’re together… you know all those ‘awwww’ things. You can try it if your wife is the romantic type, she’ll probably love it.

• ATL's finest

September 14, 2016 at 9:51 am

More like u upgrading the Rock on her finger as a THANK U for holding it down all these years 🙂

• Prince

September 14, 2016 at 10:16 am

Then upgrading as you call it shouldn’t be tag as repropose. What do you think. Check the meaning of the word propose

• Marlvina

September 14, 2016 at 9:54 am

@Prince They just having fun. Rekindling their love. It’s allowed.

I like the way she thanked God for the ex leaving her. Lol. I wish thsee two the very best. Enjoy ur marriage and protect it too.

5. honey omo lekki

September 14, 2016 at 9:26 am

I normally hate all the social media display of love and all, but somehow, i find myself “aww”ing to this.
    I bless God for you and hope this is the beginning of forever for you.

Like someone commented earlier, pls limit the social media display. I wish you the very best.

6. Cocolette

September 14, 2016 at 9:26 am

‘I bless my ex for leaving me’… I look forward to the day I’ll be able to say that prayer and mean it

• adelegirl

September 14, 2016 at 9:38 am

That day will come sooner than you expect it to.Everyday, I bless God that my ex wasn’t the man I needed him to be and for the strength I had to finally cut off a 12 year relationship. I am eternally grateful for my wonderful husband who is perfect for me and for our beautiful beautiful son.

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

September 14, 2016 at 10:16 am

Hello @adelegirl.
      12 years?! Lordy, I fit’nt compute that in terms of time and emotions spent. Not to even consider the thought you must have had at the time of whether it was the right decision to make at the time. It must have been very hard letting go.

I’m glad you can look back and be grateful. May your joy stay full.

• Sherlie Holmes

September 14, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Adelegirl, I thank God on your behalf girlfriend! I look forward to blessing my ex for leaving me too!

• Asa

September 14, 2016 at 9:59 am

My dear I saw that part too. The part were she blessed her ex for leaving! I sure say the ex go dey somewhere now dey marvel that she got someone else! This is the prayer of everyone who has been heartbroken o! Make we get another person that will wipe the memory of ex!

• AY

September 14, 2016 at 10:11 am

It will happen. For the first time on Sunday God opened my eyes after praying for more than a year to finally see why mine left. What I’ve learnt is sometimes God shows us in many ways but we are so blinded by what we believe is ‘love’ that we are unable to receive that which has intended for us. I haven’t yet met my ordained husband but I can wait for God’s perfect plan. ‘The blessing of the Lord makes one rich and He adds no sorrow with it’. Believe it and watch God work!

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

September 14, 2016 at 10:23 am

@cocolette
      I know how you are feeling and I wish I could say something really wise to make you feel better. But this type of feeling is very old fashioned and requires its own way of saying goodbye. Don’t rush yourself but don’t delay either.

Sending e-hugs your way.

• AceOfSpades

September 14, 2016 at 10:31 am

When you truly get to that part of your life, please keep that prayer to yourself! Out of respect for your husband. I hope you find everything you are looking for IJN

• Ndidi

September 14, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Hmm cocolette Operative word ….AND MEAN IT” – when you go out with someone for so long and they were your first true love, it takes years to get over the person – say it and truly mean it. You can verbalize you are over him/her again and again but deep down you know the truth.

Evidently someone is saying it and has been saying it since she got engaged – but question is does she mean it. I doubt it. The reason why she said she was caught off guard (like the rest of the industry colleagues all were) with the proposal was cos she and BC had dated very shortly (shortly after her breakup with her ex KO) – so understandably she will be caught off guard, but i guess to prove a point she said yes anyway.

That ex, has never once ever put any kind of subliminal message on his IG page – never, he has so moved on . To prove that he even took snaps with his colleague Blossom – they are cordial as they work together.

Be honest with your self. God is watching you in 3D. Good luck to you Red, Know this is a lifetime commitment. NO backing out – heart cannot lie. But like someone said keep your “EX” out your mouth and erase him from your head (if you can), Its kinda rude to your new husband. honestly KO wishes you nothing but the best, You deserve happiness so love yourself enough and be happy where you are at now, and happiness comes with being honest with yourself first. One last advice keep your marriage completely off social media. It will help you alot – i promise.

• Cocolette

September 15, 2016 at 9:20 am

Thank you @Adele @BoboSteke @Shirley @Asa @AY @Ace @Ndidi. May those of us waiting be found by the right one…and for those already found, May God keep you in Sweet, lasting unions.

7. Nene

September 14, 2016 at 9:41 am

They just want to be in the news

• Belinda Augustine

September 14, 2016 at 9:48 am

do your own and be i the news too mtcheew beef

• Mz IB

September 14, 2016 at 10:05 am

You are a bitter soul if after reading this, its all you ve got to say.

• Missappleberry

September 14, 2016 at 12:02 pm

She is not a bitter soul. It’s the damn truth. This red girl is a social media attention whore! Who social media validation epp biko??? Expecting the chorister of hater singers to sing a Carole under this my comment. I can take it! ?

8. Roma

September 14, 2016 at 11:51 am

Happy for them both.

9. john

September 14, 2016 at 12:30 pm

damn..why is she still thinking and talking and taking digs at her ex..her husband should start to sleep with one eye open..he is like the rebound guy

• Puzzles

September 14, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Blossom, a rebound guy????

Your head needs to be checked.

• Sherlie Holmes

September 14, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Rebound ke? Omo, that’s a rock solid MAN. Blossom is THAT guy.

Babe abeg, continue to praise your man, that’s the result of a happy and fulfilled woman. Awon aiye cannot comprehend.

10. Gina

September 14, 2016 at 1:52 pm

These people again posting their ‘love’ on social media but when people have something to say they will start complaining! smh
    Face your marriage and stop showing off on instagram, everything isn’t for the internet.
    BROTHER BLOSSOM MARRY HER IS A CHURCH AND STOP GIVING CUBIC ZIRCONIA RINGS EVERY YEAR!

• Tosin

September 14, 2016 at 11:27 pm

wait, they’re not married? so what are they anniversarying over?

11. Felinda

September 14, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Maureen i have been following you since the day you and Blossom got married traditionally and i cant for the life of me ever understand your continuous subliminal message with your ex. Are you really truly over Kenneth This was a beautiful moment with Blossom REproposing but the fact you mention your ex (whether you name him or not we all know who he is) in your appreciation thank you over instagram just ruined it.

Stop the continous subliminal message over Kenneth., something tells me deep down you not over him and thats ok cos yall dated for long

you did not have to bring your ex in comment at all. . Everybody has an ex – yet during proposal or after engagement we dont go thanking our ex for leaving us. That was a no-no.

And yes Blossom how quick you proposed to Maureen (shortly after Lillians nuptials) got me scratching my head like , Hmm is this what i think it is, could this be a case of……… (anyway never mind)

Anyway you and maureen are beautiful couple stay blessed and i know you are private person and i really doubt you will like all this continuous posting of you and your wife on BN, to avoid all this , simply stop posting updates on IG so BN or whomever dont pick it up to post on their blog to start a discussion.

• Gina

September 14, 2016 at 3:29 pm

HMM, so the rumours about blossom being dumped by Lillian for Ubi are true?!
      I guess she chose money and stability over broke and handsome!
      Btw It’s in very poor taste for this woman to be talking about her ex when she is in a new relationship, she needs to grow up and move on!
      I can always count on BL comment section to give me the full gist! haha

• Felinda

September 14, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Gina You will not be getting the full gist here on BELLANAIJA, nope 🙂 definiitely not Bellanaija. 🙂

• Gnelly

September 14, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Felinda with the tea. Nne there is no sugar. Her Ex is kenneth who?

12. Debbie Ade

September 14, 2016 at 8:29 pm

In the past our parents celebrated milestone wedding anniversaries. Now we get married one year and show off on social media. What’s the deal? Love is sweetest in the early years of marriage. You are both into one another.. As the years go by, reality dawns and you have to work to keep the love aglow as well as the marriage. Just my 1 cent! 1 year…. Kini big deal?

• Mschewwwww

October 2, 2016 at 11:52 pm

Tufiakwa, some of you will always want to rain on someone’s parade. So what if they are celebrating and sharing their celebration on social media… no be wetin dem make social media for? One go think say they showed their private part or something the way you dey holler. Do you know that a lot of this so called parents you speak of would have filed for divorce if it wasn’t for the difficulty, stigma, negativity, etc., that came with it? Plenty people don marry for 50 years but have been living in bondage most of that time or a good chunk of that time; so leave matter for Martha. Enough with this pretentious rubbish of alway’s bringing up our parents, grandparents and ancestors as if they had it all figured out. No be these same ancestors abi whatever that practiced female circumcision? Killed twins? Buried women alive with their husbands? Condoned domestic violence and saw it as a form of discipline? Encouraged polygamy as a show of masculinity, wealth and power? Forbade women from having a voice, power, education, etxc.? The list goes one. So allow them to celebrate even if na their one day anniversary… every journey starts with a step and dem no build Rome overnight.

13. Cynthia

September 14, 2016 at 8:34 pm

My best friend was in a term relationships with a guy since NYSC days,there were so in love, we all thought they will marry – but it did not happen – anyway they went their separate ways and on to marry other people ,my friend married 8 months after that breakup . Both parties went on with their lifes and married other people and had kids -that did not work, both became single again. .

They lost touch for 11 yrs.

cut long story short, 11 yrs and and 4 kids later (my bff has 2, his ex has 2) – on Sept 3 2016 (labor weekend) in Houston we all attend and to witness them reunite after 11 yrs and now marry each other in a beautiful intimate ceremony, New Beautiful family

Love always finds its way back, if its meant to be. Am Just saying .

• "changing moniker"

October 2, 2016 at 11:22 pm

This is your story ga gan o