Scoop

“The Lord will answer you all a hundred fold” – Actor Kalu Ikeagwu says to Policemen & Bloggers following his Abduction Saga

BellaNaija.com

Kalu Ikeagwu

Nollywood actor Kalu Ikeagwu is speaking out following his arrest/abduction. The movie star is unhappy with the way the Nigerian Police Force handled the situation and he is also not pleased with the media for the way the story was reported.

According to him, he was not arrested but rather abducted by five men.

In a post on Instagram he says:

The media has been awash with the ‘copy and paste’ story of my purported arrest by the ‘police’. Thanks media; you rock!

Just to clear the air, I have this to say. I was literally abducted at gunpoint by earring wearing men purported to be policemen (they were five) in an unmarked Hiace bus with civilian number plates and fake identity cards. They first claimed to be working on an abduction Abuja case which changed to a robbery case, all while in transit. Even on getting to the police station I was not allowed to go in to the premises but was held outside. I repeatedly asked to go into the station where I’d feel safer to ask whatever questions that were burning in my mind regarding my traumatic experience. It did not happen. Instead they told me a phone used for a kidnap was being sought for, later the story changed to robbery then back to kidnap.

As I write this piece I have not written any police statement in any police station which strikes me as very odd. I’m still wondering why I was molested and kidnapped just because a purported phone no was supposedly tracked to phone. Why would they have to harass me when they already had details of the buyer and seller of the phone? In a legitimate situation,the seller of the stolen phone should be the key witness in this investigation, but in this case the police are till now very reluctant to meet the seller.

I know there are mysteries I need to unravel in this case and I will try to get answers to them. It’s so pathetic that one can get bad publicity from Nigerian media just because they’re so much in a hurry to copy that they forget the importance of confirmation from all the parties involved. Publishing a story based solely on a neighbour’s account isn’t true journalism, that’s pure gossip and slander. We need real facts from the media and we need protection from the police and not molestation.

He also posted a video on IG telling bloggers and policemen that they will remember his name and that “the Lord will answer you all a hundred fold”. Watch the video below.

I am persuaded that nothing can separate us from the love of God…

A video posted by Kalu Ikeagwu (@kaluikeagwu) on

Encomium magazine had first reported a kidnap and later updated to an arrest after reportedly talking to some of his neighbours.

Other movie stars have shown their support and shared their thoughts via his comment section.

Ivie Okujaye: It’s becoming unbearable!! Task force harassing women, so-called police harassing civilians! When will it stop? I’m so sorry for what you went through. @kaluikeagwu God isn’t asleep. They will pay for it sooner or later.

Chioma Akpotha: “God will answer them! Just you stand still! The Media will not stop their irresponsible attitude of reporting gossip and hearsay and tarnishing the image of celebrities just to sell their trash or drive traffic to their blogs till we start suing them for slander! Cos they have no idea how much damage these things do to our image and reputations. They write these things, get the attention and recognition they want and move on. We are now left to deal with the damaging effects and scars sometimes for life! Pitiful! “

1. tunmi

September 29, 2016 at 1:10 pm

God isn’t going to do a thing unless you do something. You going to sue them or just keep talking? The emotional distress and PTSD mystery be brutal.

Gossip and slander… Then any news report would be gossip, and for slander, it would have to be false wouldn’t it. At least you have neighbors who raised an alarm. Why accuse them of gossip and slander? Everyone, you included, thought it was a kidnap at first.

• Random

September 29, 2016 at 2:46 pm

@ Tumi …What incoherence are you saying? Poor guy. Bottom line is no need to rush into reporting info until verified. It’s irresponsible to do otherwise simple. He doesn’t have to sue but he has every right to a voice to clarify his first hand experience. I hope he recovers well.

2. concerned9a

September 29, 2016 at 4:06 pm

9ja Police..drunk ..disorderly..rude..poorly paid..ill equipped..have no clue about the law they meant to preserve.
    whatever happened to all the videos of police behaving badly…that really did work embarrassing their bosses…seems Blogs and media houses were threatened.
    And when Armed robber arrive on the scene…see them run…abandoning their uniform in the process..
    All they do is go about with their shaka bula weapons threatening Civilians..pure cowards!!

3. aijay

September 29, 2016 at 4:59 pm

The economies of Nigeria media incentivises speed over depth, what do you expect. Moreso, with social media

4. thewatcherinLA

September 29, 2016 at 8:11 pm

I’m sorry for your ordeal.

5. Precious

September 30, 2016 at 1:24 pm

These so called police men are wolfs in sheep’s clothing. The other day, a friend of mine was stopped by some Nigerian police men on his way back from work for a search. They ended up hiding a gun in his car, found it and arrested him for fire arm possession. A gun he knows nothing about. They took him to the station, he had to bail himself with some large sum of money. That’s their new found format so lets all be careful.

6. titi

September 30, 2016 at 5:19 pm

My own story, I was on my way home few weeks back when some group of police men who later says they are SARS double crossed me. They said i am too young to drive because i am a woman, they took me to their police station, possessed my phone, brutalized me, traumatized my mind for hours.
    I was later allowed to go after paying a 30k bribe, despite the fact that i showed them my official Id card, they checked my entire bank account, checked my pay slip and yet they collected 30k to let me go for no reason. (they keep emphazing on the fact that i am a woman and there is no way on earth i can make or save enough money to buy ordinary camry).This happenned around Sango ota in ogun state,(20th august 2016). The SARS official took me to iju police station.

Its been 3weeks now, but i think about it everyday, and the fact that i couldn’t do anything about it makes it sadder. I have concluded, I can’t wait to leave this country. I don’t think it will ever get better and my kids, i dont want them in the part of the world.

Only people that have been brutalized by Nigerian police will understand.

7. Temi

October 3, 2016 at 1:14 am

MY NAIJA IS A DANGEROUS PLACE…. POLICE BRUTALITY ALSO HAPPENS THERE… AND MOSTLY NAIJA POLICE ARE SO STUPID WITH LOW EDUCATION.. THANK GOD I NO LONGER LIVE IN NAIJA JUST TO VISIT MY PARENTS ONCE IN A WHILE WHEN THEY ARE NOT WITH US … SOMEWHERE IN A CIVILIZED COUNTRY.. WOW.. NAIJA…