BN TV

“This is the life that I dreamed about” – Watch Linda Ikeji’s Inspiring Birthday Message to her Fans & Fellow Dreamers

Celebrity blogger Linda Ikeji is celebrating her 36th birthday today and to mark the special day, while also encouraging people who have dreams, she has shared an inspiring video.

In the video, Linda talks about the fact that with God and her fans she has been able to live the life of her dreams. She talks about the fact that anyone out there can also achieve their dreams just like she has.

The video is a message to anyone who has a dream.

She says “No matter what anyone tells you, please don’t give up on yourself. One of the worst days of my life was the day I turned 30 in 2010. Whenever I think of that day, I can’t put it into words. I can’t describe it. I had just closed down my office and I had been hustling since 1998 and this was like 12 and a half years later and it felt to me like I was starting all over again”.

She adds that “Every time an idea died, I started something else. I was so determined to making it in life”.

Watch below.

1. sista

September 19, 2016 at 11:07 am

….Linda, I’m happy to share a birthday with you. Happy bday to us

• nne mummy

September 19, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Happy birthday Sista. God bless you and cause you to fulfill your days on earth in Jesus name

• sista

September 19, 2016 at 12:52 pm

…a big Amen to that and thank you Nne

• FasholasLover

September 19, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Bella, Bella, Bella, Linda is now a national treasure that you post her BD? KiKiKiKiKI. Anyways, we know the history. One love!

Linda’s wish has always been clear. She has bn upfront about it. Where are the young successful men in this country? Men with no baggage, men without diggers. Men with a good heart looking for a good woman. Linda is upfront about what she desires, you can imagine what a lot of other successful young ladies are going thru just for being successful. This is not fair o. It is not a crime to want a partner/husband. It is not a crime to be successful. Continue being a success until that man made for you finds you. HBD Linda. Her fans are truly amazing. Her blog is lit though she took today out l think. The good wishes are touching.

• Deedee

September 19, 2016 at 8:34 pm

She must not marry a Nigerian nau.

• Matins Gbenga

September 20, 2016 at 2:29 am

Happy Birth-Day Dear Linda! Please humble yourself, love one another. I pray that God will grant you your heart desire, Amen

2. Valentina

September 19, 2016 at 11:09 am

Happy Birthday Ms Ikeji.

3. Lucy

September 19, 2016 at 11:11 am

Happy birthday to you Linda, may God answer your prayers

4. Wale

September 19, 2016 at 11:17 am

Congratulations Linda, You shall never know a better yesterday and God will answer all yours prayers IJN…..

5. Busarni

September 19, 2016 at 11:21 am

The man will find you babe; i pray God gives you the wisdom to discern the opportunists. They will come in different forms; releasing songs, saying God told them in their DREAM that you are their missing rib and all non sense. Just be wise; the Lord is your strength.

6. Asher

September 19, 2016 at 11:27 am

Beautiful video! Happy Birthday Linda. You would get a truly wonderful and amazing man in Jesus name.Amen

7. AceOfSpades

September 19, 2016 at 11:28 am

I guess hate has to come with success. I don’t know why but it just has to come. It’s one of the signs of success sef! I love her hustle and how she keeps pushing.

Happy Birthday Linda and I hope you find a man and hope social media won’t put asunder when God joins you with him.

• Derin87

September 19, 2016 at 2:05 pm

The heart of man is wicked, plus it is human nature to be jealous.

8. Baby gurl

September 19, 2016 at 11:34 am

Who’s cutting onions around here ? birthday Lindodo!

9. oo

September 19, 2016 at 11:35 am

Linda don’t need no man, she half way lesbian hahahaha (Morris Chestnut in the Best Man Voice)

Pls o don’t reap me apart, i pray she gets a good man

• Na

September 19, 2016 at 11:40 am

It’s “rip” me apart.

Olodo tatafo.

10. Nana

September 19, 2016 at 11:39 am

Happy birthday Linda. You truly inspire me and I pray you find your dream man soon. I love you and wish u many successful years ahead.

11. iyke

September 19, 2016 at 11:42 am

Cuddling with you Linda would be perfect right now. Happy Birthday Beautiful!

12. nnenne

September 19, 2016 at 11:49 am

Happy birthday Linda.
    May all your dreams come true.

Best wishes to everyone out there.
    Hard work does not hurt anyone. It mat not make you rich, but you will certainly put meals on your table.

13. Bethany

September 19, 2016 at 11:51 am

Beautiful video, is she engaged? nice ring ::)

• Elsie

September 19, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Lol its a catholic ring ?

14. Mahka

September 19, 2016 at 11:59 am

Thanks a million Linda, Happy bday too; that amazing guy is right in the corner.
    I feel like one Nigerian-European dude with his head screwed properly will come and sweep her off her feet.
    I tap into that last blessing; may God give us all overwhelming blessings that will shock our lives. Amen.

• Dolapo

September 19, 2016 at 1:09 pm

I just wish she had some mystery to herself. Look at Uche Pedro the real OG . Coded for days yet slaying for years

• CurvesAndEdges

September 19, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Everybody is different… some people do better with sharing and some are natural born coders. Let’s live and let live. Meanwhile, I really like Linda’s smile, it lights up her face

15. Marlvina

September 19, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Happy birthday Linda. May God keep blessing you and may He grant your heart desires.

16. keke driver

September 19, 2016 at 12:05 pm

Happy birthday Linda, your best is yet to come….we love you greatly, thank you @BN for posting.

17. Meme

September 19, 2016 at 12:18 pm

“place your hand your chest” hehe Linda I see what you did there *wink* .. is that an engagement ring?!!

18. Oluwadara

September 19, 2016 at 12:19 pm

Happy birthday Linda. God has your back dear and a good man is on the way for you. I married quite late but I married a good man whom God reserved for me and yours will find you this year IJN! You are so blessed and I’m glad you realise that.

19. Marian

September 19, 2016 at 12:41 pm

Too many single and sucessful people in naija. I just got a nice business idea, i need a computer genius as a partner.

Linda!! Happy Birthday!!

• here Marian

September 19, 2016 at 1:38 pm

I am one, you can hit me up
      hotguy dot 2016 at yahoo dot come

• Marian

September 19, 2016 at 2:20 pm

I can’t take you seriously with that kinda email. So you are telling me you will put that on a resume?

• here Marian

September 19, 2016 at 5:03 pm

What is wrong with it
      [email protected]?

I don’t want to spell it out-rightly. Seems to me you are so dumb or an illiterate to hide your email address from wanderers and internet scammers. I just used another method to give you my email address, you are here forming what you are not.

Please shift one side. I am not looking for a job o. I work and i am highly paid. I have a computing outlet by the side as well.

Infact………….don;t let me go further before it seem like a brag.

Computing is what i do for a hobby and free for people. This is how people miss their benefactor. See arrogance in you. You have not even started a business yet, you are choosy…shows how you will treat your staff/workers

What is your own email address? People use different email addresses, especially when all the good ones are taken. Try opening an account with your name now if you wouldnt be alerted that it has been taken.

• Marian

September 20, 2016 at 3:34 am

The fact that you don’t even understand why [email protected] is not ok for any guy over 17 is why i won’t be able to exchange words with you. You need a professional email. Just google tips for success and i’m sure you will find out more. Please!! Don’t send any proposal/resume with that email ever again. You can not allow yourself to get all hot and bothered because of a comment someone you don’t know made about you online. I actually thought you were joking. Blessed people don’t stress over things like this. No vex!

• Wow

September 20, 2016 at 8:37 am

You must either be intimidated by hot guy or dont have one in your life

• here Marian

September 20, 2016 at 10:29 am

And is this a proposal?

• Chukwuemeka Emmanuel Ugoanyanwu

September 19, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Hey @marian you can send me an [email protected].

• here Marian

September 20, 2016 at 10:28 am

Marian, you need help
      You need your brain checked
      You think you know, but you don’t know nada

You have professional emails, You have personal Emails, You have work emails and You have social Emails for comments like this

All of them serve a purpose. (which i bet you cant comprehend that is why you were asking for a computer genius in the first place)

Get off your high horse jo

20. Mayborn

September 19, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Happy birthday linda, thank you for the msg, going thru a tough time in my life right now and i believe God will surely make a way. thank you for your words.

21. sista

September 19, 2016 at 12:57 pm

…a big Amen to that and thank you Nne

22. TheTruth16

September 19, 2016 at 12:57 pm

I love her honesty. Very inspiring message Linda and a very Happy Birthday to you. God will answer your prayers

23. Oprah

September 19, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Aww, Linda, that was beautiful…

I do sense some underlying sadness about your private life and relationship status….almost like, okay, I’ve reached the top, gotten my dream business and dress house….but there is still something missing which money and business success cannot replace….

I honestly wish you the best. At this stage, your platform has the potential to change lives if used in the right way.

• Ngbabe

September 19, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Oprah or whatever you call yourself, tell me who has a perfect life? I mean who has everything they want in life? Even the so called married women still cry. Saying that you sense sadness in Linda is insensitive. There are some single people who are still genuinely happy and living their lives. I don’t know why people like you find it wise to mock other people on their happy day. I pray nobody mocks you on the day you’re celebrating the goodness of God in your life. It means you are mocking her and asking her God why didn’t you give her a husband. So don’t fault God in someone’s life, God has plans for everybody and knows when to give the right man to every woman.

• Oprah

September 20, 2016 at 9:57 am

Wow! Aggressive much. I never mentioned anything about expecting her life to be perfect. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SADNESS!! It is a genuine human emotion !! And I am not mocking her!! She clearly wants a relationship and family badly, and if I feel she is SAD about it THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

And you dumb ass hypocrite, all those people getting married to pictures that she permitted her blog commenters to mock on their special day, DID YOU STAND UP TO DEFEND THEM?

Please, I am not mocking her, and if I decided to, I really don’t think anyone should mind, especially her!

24. Oprah

September 19, 2016 at 12:59 pm

Why do I also feel like this video was made to inform people of your availability to marry? I think it’s a great strategy though!

• The Real Oma

September 19, 2016 at 1:32 pm

And would it be so wrong if it was? Besides, is there anyone who doesn’t know Linda is single? The lady has always been very open about that aspect of her life. I pray God hears and blesses her.

• Ngbabe

September 19, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Oprah, leave Linda alone, stop hating. Go and get your own hussle and get everything you need in life so that your own life will be perfect. You sound like a busy body.

• Oprah

September 20, 2016 at 10:03 am

Do you think before speaking? I said it is a smart strategy. I am commending her. You are so twisted in your thinking and mentality that even well meaning statements have ulterior motives.

Please stop carrying this Lindas wahala on your head. If I wanted to mock or hate her, there are a million and one ways I would do it in a more direct fashion and on other more effective platforms.

Linda is a strong woman, she is a Queen in her own rights. She did not get to where she is today because you were protecting her in Bella Naija’s comment sections, so please stop being so dramatic.

You calling Hate everywhere is doing more damage than my well meaning comments. STOP BEING SO DEFENSIVE!

• Eziokwu!

September 19, 2016 at 10:15 pm

You are quite stupid.

25. Dolapo

September 19, 2016 at 1:07 pm

It’s already hard for successful down to earth women finding a good man. Let alone a not humble one like Linda. Humility is just not her strength. She sings her own praise so much, it would be tough for an equally successful man to want to be around all that see me see me she does.

• Bolu

September 19, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Why should she be humble? She has earned her bragging rights, if i were half as successful as she was Nigeria no go hear word, hopefully you say the same to proud rich men too? mtsheww

• osa

September 19, 2016 at 11:21 pm

Dolapo God bless u o. I no fit talk too much on this post. I dont like linda one bit primarily because of her bragging, sarcasm, insensitive nature and all other things like that.
      No self respecting man will want to be tied up with all that

26. Big Tee

September 19, 2016 at 1:08 pm

I’ll just put this here…I know someone who is 3/4 yrs younger than Linda, Phd holder, works with a multinational company (Senior Partner Level), easy going and kind, speaks 2 European and 1 Oriental languages apart from English and Yoruba, extremely successful but single (because he too focused on career). Can we match him and Linda?. Can we at least get them to go on a date?… who is interested in executing this project with me?

• Heartminders

September 19, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Am in! Let’s do it

• fisayomi

September 19, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Very nice idea. But what I’d she’s not interested in someone she’s older than?

• mz_danielz

September 19, 2016 at 1:47 pm

I’m in.

I love Linda Ikeji a whole lot. She has her issues but she’s honest, isn’t afraid to say she’s vulnerable, spends her money on herself and makes her mistakes while doing it.

Linda, may God himself give you a good husband, the type that will be worth the wait.

Happy Birthday dear, September babies are the most creatives of the lot 2face, Linda Ikeji, Me

• iyke

September 19, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Phd holder, works with a multinational company (Senior Partner Level), easy going and kind, speaks 2 European and 1 Oriental languages apart from English and Yoruba, extremely successful ……SO???????Rubbish…..if with all these traits/titles and he doesn’t look like the rest of her life, what’s the point?
      It’s all about perspective young woman and not titles…..
      At Linda’s level of experience, all she NEEDS is a good man who can make her really and truly laugh.

• Busarni

September 19, 2016 at 2:15 pm

@Iyke; you sound pained. Abi, your level no reashhhhh (warri accent)?. You better up your game man…Lol..

• Marian

September 19, 2016 at 2:22 pm

This is what am saying. Once i find a serious computer genius, will try to help all these single and ready to mingle professionals.

• Corolla

September 19, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Hahah. Love the idea of a Linda hook up.

• Mahka

September 19, 2016 at 4:41 pm

***coylishly being self-minded***…am available o. I want her to find love by hey so do I want me too.*wink, wink*

• truth

September 19, 2016 at 5:14 pm

@Truth biko am readily availaible can send you my contact# good girl thins#

• NP

September 19, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Please, I like you myself, Big Tee.

• jenni

September 21, 2016 at 9:06 am

count me in. what is the plan. am friends with one of the sisters

27. Marie

September 19, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Happy Birthday lindodo..My Virgo sister. ….

28. Anon

September 19, 2016 at 1:19 pm

@Big Tee: I am with you on the project. Beht in case Aunty Linda is not interested can you introduce him to me instead? .*batting eyelids*

29. KIMONO

September 19, 2016 at 1:26 pm

so now you are looking for Man….lmaaaaaaaooooooo! There are two things. You either have to quit your blog (or better still, make it all about positive things and not gossip) or marry oyinbo (even oyinbo sef it go hard)..lol. If i am going to be very honest with you, it maybe quite difficult to find someone cos of who you are., even though you seem like a nice person (please ask necolebitchie).

Wish you all the best.

• Anonymous

September 20, 2016 at 3:38 am

So she has to quit her career because she wants a husband? What rubbish…

• Olanna&Odenigbo

September 21, 2016 at 5:44 am

I have resisted commenting for a bit, but where did this one leave brain biko nu????

30. M&

September 19, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Happy birthday to Linda! I think she should ‘shop’ abroad more though, I have the feeling she will marry oyinbo.

• Anon

September 19, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Like her sister. Or, a Nigerian who lives abroad.

31. adelegirl

September 19, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Happy birthday Linda. I don’t always agree/approve of her blogging style but I have a soft spot in my heart as she is my son’s birthday mate. Wish you all the very best in life and love Linda.

32. Adviser

September 19, 2016 at 2:02 pm

If i was your bestie, i would say date outside of your race. Tons of expats around, single, searching, hot, responsible, possibly divorced and won’t have to deal with the drama of being tagged Mr Ikeji, or being seen as a gold digger taking advantage, because the men in her socio economic class are either very married with side chicks upandan or the children of politicians who won’t touch Linda with a ten foot pole. Her business and the way she has conducted it over the years narrows her dating pool so significantly, oyinbo is the best bet for her, but of course, I’m not one to play The Lord on someone’s marital life, so it’s just a suggestion. Yeah, yeah, yeah, money doesn’t matter, na so. Dig your head in the sand, money matters even amongst salary earners, money matters, not to talk of someone like Linda, who’s got it in bucket loads.

If it won’t be men with no shame, wanting to take advantage, a genuine one won’t survive the memes and tons of jokes online and to his face about why he is dating or marrying her. not sure the fragile ego of the nigerian man can take such bashing. After a while it will get to him, (nigerians are mean and don’t like to mind their business – comments about Funke Akindele comes to mind), even if he is successful in his own right, except he is like mega, mega successful and already known to be that, Jason Njoku comes to mind, but he’s married, or someone running one of those mega successful naija tech start ups.

So back to my initial point. Lots of high earning white men all over Lagos who haven’t been raised or embroiled in naija drama scene, may not even know who she is at first until he googles. Before the piranhas comes for me about elevating oyinbo men above our 9ja brothers, and all that jazz about self hate ati be be lo. Just hold it there with your Utopian unrealistic ideologies. you and i both know i am telling the truth. She’s waited this long, gotten herself successfully busy, unlike many 36 year old females waiting on husband, so she needs to widen her net and be pleasantly surprised. She’s a Bossette, sister here needs a BOSS!!! number one criteria, then the rest can follow. Ignore his financial capabilities at your own peril. you are not 26 but 36, wisdom is profitable to direct!!!

• Observer

September 19, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Pls shut up! You are not God. There is someone out there for her whether, black, Nigerian, Oyibo etc… you are seeing it from your own perspective and not God’s. I really hope she does not take your rubbish perspective to heart and be confident that God will surpass all her expectations. Linda jare, God will do far and above what you desire.. Dont mind this fake ‘adviser’.

• Stephanie

September 19, 2016 at 3:33 pm

You talking nonsense…..who doesn’t know that Linda is in coded relationship with Uche Odikanwa the gulder ultimate guy.I heard the guy is even from her state sef….Praying for you Linda.

• Anonymous

September 19, 2016 at 9:41 pm

I am sick and tired of this fake adviser. Always spouting false and hateful stories. Shows the person’s level of inferiority complex. He/she is the judge of whom politicans kids will or will not marry. Who told you she would touch them with a 12 foot pole. Mschew. Ndi ara juru eju

33. Esther Kokori

September 19, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Happy birthday Linda, God bless you for being an inspiration

34. Bubu

September 19, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Happy Birthday to Africa’s biggest blogger. She is Aazzzing!! Passionate and determined. May God answer your heartfelt prayers today. You are inspiring.

35. AnonAnonAnon

September 19, 2016 at 2:46 pm

She is a PR genius for sure! Happy Birthday to Africa’s number 1 blogger

36. KIMONO

September 19, 2016 at 2:46 pm

BELLANAIJA!!!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY COMMENT???

• Phoebe

September 19, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Kimono Dont even bother posting comment on any linda post that BN post cos trust they wont post it unless you are kissing Lindas ass and saying nice things.

You can delete post but you cannot delete how most of us truly feel about her and how she stepped on many toes and bullied her way to the top . Her past can never be erased. All the tears she made many shed in the past with her cyber bullying post and comments by her readers, gather all those tears add it to gether, add it to 36 and thats when you will marry

• Busarni

September 19, 2016 at 3:28 pm

@Phoebe; if satan were human that would be you. Nonsense, are you God? i wish infinity all the bad you wish for LINDA. BN, how will you even allow such comment; her email address is on her blog; why not send the message to her via her email.
      You are either depressed, mentally unstable or lonely. HBD once again LIndodo…

• Observer

September 19, 2016 at 3:37 pm

wow! The heart of man is desperately wicked!… How can you wish such on your fellow human being? Don’t you make mistakes? Have you never offended anyone? Thank God you aren’t God, you would have sent Linda to an eternal hell. Jealous and ugly somborri.

37. JustSaying

September 19, 2016 at 2:56 pm

i wont even bother cos yall know BN team and their bullshit when it comes to these Ikeji sisters – they will never post the comments

38. JustSaying

September 19, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Even her act of humility is FAKE

• Anon

September 19, 2016 at 3:01 pm

LMFAO!

Best wishes, Lin Lin.

39. indi

September 19, 2016 at 3:02 pm

Congratulations Linda
    Whoever knew the benefits of COPY CUT and PASTE 24/7
    There is hope for everybody

40. Ano

September 19, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Amen o and Happy Birthday to you Linda,

41. Hadiza

September 19, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Why Re you people like this … Do you know how many people Linda has hurt celebrity and non celebrity … All in the name of blogging and making money , And she is talking of happiness etc that’s why everything to her is a competitition , and trying to validate her words and action , yes Linda you are living your dream but deep down we know you don’t have that’s “peace and happiness ” I wish her all the best because she will definitely need it …

42. Gorgeous

September 19, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Happy Birthday Linda! i understand how you feel, but you have been on this for over 5 years. I guess it never gets old… This is no shade, i just think she either loves the attention and is a drama queen or she loves to mess with her haters!

43. Kay

September 19, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Happy Birthday Linda!!!
    Come and marry my brother.. He’s doing well too 🙂 🙂

44. NG

September 19, 2016 at 8:27 pm

HBD dear Linda. To take some pressure off yourself, might you not consider adopting and giving love to some tot out there? The mutual benefit of giving and receiving love will be immense.
    You will be under less pressure about a child and so less desperate in relationships- you stated you are already feeling the pressure for childbearing. Might bring some desperation to love game now-you are human.

Also, since your haters accuse you of being loud- I think,, don’t disappoint them (l0l). Start some charitable foundation in a loud (meaning huge) way to start giving back. Don’t settle for quiet left- hand-not-knowing-right-hand action please. Make a statement with it in keeping with your supposed nature. Doesn’t stop those that must be done quietly for God and He alone sha o.

Best wishes and hope you enjoyed your day.

45. Janee

September 19, 2016 at 11:15 pm

Happy birthday kind hearted Linda! If you hate on Linda’s success then you better pray to make heaven. I tap into your blessings Linda nwa

46. Matins Gbenga

September 20, 2016 at 1:41 am

Happy Birth-Day Dear Linda! please humble yourself, love one another. I pray that God will grant you your heart desire. Amen

47. Lady

September 20, 2016 at 3:43 am

HBD Linda. Hope eternal life with Christ is one of your dreams too. I wish all the very best and that the Lord Himself will do that which He alone can do in and for your life. Amen. Cheers.

48. nkechi

September 20, 2016 at 5:39 am

Happy birthday Linda. May God hear your cry and bring you to your desired expectations today and always. Longlife and prosperity.

49. Noms

September 20, 2016 at 8:09 am

Totally enjoyed watching the videos.
    Thanks for sharing and being vulnerable … hoping to ever please everyone is suicidal.
    Amen to your prayers…hope to see your 37th birthday video with someborrriii by ya side.
    Happy birthday, Linduuuuusss

50. Esther

September 20, 2016 at 8:41 am

I love this video, cant believe i got emotional about it. Happy Birthday Linda and Amen to all your prayers.

51. Cookies coat

September 22, 2016 at 8:22 pm

I like this lady

52. Rose

September 23, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Happy birthday dear…may God continue to embarrass you with blessings… And may all your dreams come true

53. Oluwabukola