Music

WATCH Lola Rae talk talk about her Musical Journey, New Single “One Time” & What’s to Come

Lola Rae 2

Nigerian-born British-Ghanaian recording artist and dancer, Lola Rae shares her musical journey in an exclusive interview with NotJustOk TV.

She talks about the journey from her 2-year stint with Simon Cowell via ‘Britain’s Got Talent’, to her Nigerian debut single ‘Watch My Ting Go’ 3 years ago. Lola Rae lets us know her musical influences, the current stars she looks up to, the growth of the number of female acts in Nigeria and the competition that comes with it.

Watch it here:

1. Chi

September 16, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Never knew she was Ghanian , interesting .

I wish her well !!!

2. Kanny

September 16, 2016 at 2:11 pm

If you like be Nigerian born-British -Ghanaian-Congolese-Namibian-Italian-Spanish fly. If you’re not talented enough to blow, you’re not. Period! Stop trying to get fans by adding different nationalities. Mtcheeew.

• EE

September 16, 2016 at 2:59 pm

????? Not many things make my hackles rise, but argh……..at a certain point make a choice. I wish I was a Rangers born Arsenal-Man City-Barcelona-Bayern fan but alas life is hard.

She’s really pretty though, all she needs too get fans.

For the inevitable “hater oshi” comment, on this matter I fly the flag proudly.

• CovertNigerian

September 16, 2016 at 4:36 pm

This is an extremely unintelligent criticism. What part of her heritage and family do you think she shouldn’t acknowledge? You probably have no direct experience of having such a diverse background yet you feel qualified to comment on how to handle it.

It might be different if she was Ghanaian, Nigerian or British connections were from several generations back and she had no relatives or precise knowledge of her family in each country or something. But even then it’d be a personal choice whether to always acknowledge those connections or not.

• Seyi

September 16, 2016 at 5:27 pm

U know you wish you had such diverse heritage. Admit it! You know you do honey. Just put the glass down. Yes, that glass of haterade that you are cooly sipping from. Put it down and stop telling others to present themselves by your standards

3. Anon

September 16, 2016 at 3:25 pm

How is she “adding different nationalities” to get fans?

“At a certain point, make a choice?”

I am sure she says she’s Nigerian, being Nigerian born. Her parentage – Dad is British and Mum is Ghanaian. Can’t run away from all that.

4. Timaya

September 16, 2016 at 7:38 pm

I like it when pretty girls aspire to be something more than just their pretty faces. In Nigeria this one would have contest for mbgn won and hooked herself on one illitrate guitar boi / footballer. Well don girl. Prettier than most so called most beautiful empty vessel in nigeria.

• Curious

September 17, 2016 at 7:30 am

I chuckled hard at this and then agreed with every word! Thank you for this wonderful comment!

5. Mondela

September 17, 2016 at 9:22 am

I luv her “one time” video,makes my D hard errtime i watch it *winks*

• Tosin

September 17, 2016 at 12:05 pm

deep 🙂
      it’s one of my music+video thingies of the year too.