Relationships

After Rumours Israel Houghton Had 2 Kids Outside his Last Marriage Adrienne Bailon insists she “knows everything” about her Fiancé & wishes Blogs would Stop Hounding Him

BellaNaija.com

GettyImages-615139506

LOS ANGELES, CA – OCTOBER 08: Adrienne Bailon and Israel Houghton attend their Wedding Shower at Fig and Olive on October 08, 2016 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Vivien Killilea/Getty Images)

Adrienne Bailon is going to be married to Israel Houghton before the year runs out, and she says she knows everything about her fiancé, so she wishes blogs would stop spreading ‘lies’ and ‘half-truths’.

A major rumour that has emerged is Houghton had two children from other women while he was still married to his ex-wife of 20 years.

However, if this is true, she’s not bothered by it. Here’s what she told Angie Martinez on Power 105.1

About Blogs

They can’t stop, it’s one after the other. I hate that blogs don’t have journalistic integrity, and I hate that our audience right now doesn’t know that.

There’s constant half-truths and full lies everyday. What can you do but have thick skin?

About Israel

You have to know who you’re marrying. And he’s phenomenal. Nobody’s perfect, everybody deserves a chance of getting it right, including myself. And I think you just gotta be happy.

Being friends for a really long time is a great way to start a relationship. You can hear everything in their past and it doesn’t affect you the same way. So I’ve known everything about him and he knew everything about me, but we knew it as friends. And it was like, ‘Dang, I still like you.’

I’ve know everything about him…he’s my best friend and I can’t wait to marry him.

How Her Family Feels

My family is happy, everybody is happy. They knew him as a family friend. My mum is thrilled.

Listen to the interview –

At Hot 97 this month she also confirmed she will change her last name after marriage.

Photo by Vivien Killilea/Getty Images

1. Nancy

October 27, 2016 at 9:16 am

She is as stupid as Ciara!
    This was how Ciara was busy defending Future, now she is fighting Future and passing herself off as a saint. The court will be their home until they get over whatever went wrong.

Is he the only man available???
    Don’t start crying later.

2. Queen

October 27, 2016 at 9:25 am

There’s a ghanaian proverb which says “If you knew what was coming/falling from above you’d wear a metal helmet”

Everytime I think of this woman I think of that proverb because she really doesnt know whats going to hit her. Even his wife of 20 years couldnt handlle him and you think you can.
    You can never know anything about anyman. Even I dont know everything about my self.

The fact that she has made everything public as well.

Lord help her. I really pray it works out for her I really do.

3. Valentina

October 27, 2016 at 9:27 am

Everyone is entitled to their mistakes, let her be,let her make her own mistake (if it’s a mistake) and learn from it. Everyone should let them be.

4. Mahka

October 27, 2016 at 9:51 am

Do you marry true love or marry the one that hangs around long enough. I think this geh did the former. It’s sad already; I don’t see 10 years for this couple cue Khloe n Lamar, future n ciara, the dream n Christiana, Katie Perry n Russell brand etc. All these constant defense from her, the dude doesn’t even talk. Someone should advise her,it’s still not late.

5. Fatai

October 27, 2016 at 10:13 am

Why won’t media hound him? he’s given Christian brothers a bad name

6. Ughhh

October 27, 2016 at 12:15 pm

I don’t know how she can rationalize this guy. Yes, nobody is perfect, but their whole story feels so stiff and unflattering. For her sake and the sake of all the instagram quotes she puts under their pictures, I hope this marriage works out.

7. Corolla

October 27, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Who wrote this title? Have you ever heard of punctuation marks? Please, use them next time.

8. e mi ni

October 27, 2016 at 1:23 pm

blogs are not hounding him…. they are exposing him… the actions he wanted to hide so he could protect his reputation and continue making money as a christian musician have now been brought to light….

9. Bella

October 27, 2016 at 1:36 pm

My issue is this, why is she the one defending his “truths/lies”. Why do we, as women, do that? Can Israel not speak again o? Has the cat swallowed his own tongue? biko., women as of today, stop defending somebody else, and defend yourself, or better still, let the rumor continue, why does she feel the need to address everything about this man from the beginning to this end, and to whom and for what na? Madam Adrienne, sit your family down and let him explain his self o. the rest of us can go scatter! I don tire for dis celebrities sef, tomorrow she is here crying when more children appear out of wedlock. For a man to leave his wife after 20 years, chai madam o, if i was you i would run faster than Bolt himself! Save yourself from this impending heartache, this affair, I hope I am very wrong for your sake!!!People don change o, the same leopard with its dirty spots you met will be the one you depart from

10. madman

October 27, 2016 at 3:06 pm

To everyone always shouting couple goals on social media. I hope you don’t tap into this kind of “anointing”

11. Engoz

October 27, 2016 at 3:35 pm

I mean topics like this don’t really interest me. E no concern me like that. But Adrienne obviously lives in a bubble and in the moment. The same way she can easily fall in ‘love’ is the same way she will easily divorce.

12. Nancy drew

October 27, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Hello I need a job urgently i have a Bsc in international biz and a Uk MBA with 2 yrs experience please help me my email : [email protected]