Music

Kanye West Threatens to Boycott the 2017 Grammys if Frank Ocean isn’t Nominated

Frank Ocean - Kanye West- BellaNaija-001

Rapper and Entrepreneur Kanye West has threatened to boycott the 2017 Grammy Awards if his friend Frank Ocean doesn’t receive any nominations.

Billboard reported the missed deadline, noting that both of Frank’s albums would have qualified otherwise, since they were released well before the 2017 Grammy eligibility cutoff date of September 30th, 2016.

Kanye insists that the organizers could bend the rules for Frank if they wanted to, citing the fact that Lady Gaga was nominated for a string of awards in 2010, despite its release date making it eligible for prizes at the 2009 awards.

Here’s what he said:

‘I don’t know if any of y’all remember, I was supposed to go on tour with [Lady] Gaga. I remember, it was something where she was nominated… She wasn’t nominated for best new artist, right? But they wanted her to perform at the show, they wanted her to open.

So the Grammys secretly changed something about the nominations to nominate her in order for her to perform in the show.

Now, Frank Ocean on the other hand is very vocal that his album wasn’t nominated for the Grammys. Since he’s vocal, no one wants to say nothing about it.

No one wants to do nothing about it, I’m saying this to y’all, because a lot of people try to make a scene like, ‘I’m so self-centered.’

The album I listened to the most this year is Frank Ocean’s album. As artists, we gotta come together to fight the bulls**t they been throwing us with.

I’ll tell you this right now, if his album is not nominated in no categories, I’m not showing up to the Grammys,”

‘As artists, we gotta come together to fight the bulls**t they been throwing us with.All we need is a fair shot. Let the album lose, let whoever win or lose. My whole point, my purpose, my existence, everything that people try to diss me for is based on just an instant replay plot. Imagine in sports they didn’t have no instant replay plot, and someone could step completely out of bounds.’

A similar rant was made at the 2009 Grammys, when he condemned Taylor Swift for winning over friend Beyoncé.

Watch:

1. www.ckjacob.com

October 24, 2016 at 10:29 am

Kanye have started again.
    If Frank is nominated and eventually wins, he should not rant on social media that Frank Ocean refused to postrate for him o!

2. A Real Nigerian

October 24, 2016 at 10:42 am

Frank Ocean is definitely one of the top 5 male vocalists in music today

3. Tru

October 24, 2016 at 11:12 am

Bia, ChukwuKanye, nwanne Taribo, ogini kwa? Must you carry matter for head? I honestly they indulge this guy as Comic relief.
    That said, Frank Ocean is a fantastic singer. I hope he gets a grammy.

• Tru

October 24, 2016 at 11:13 am

I honestly think*

4. GY Online NG

October 24, 2016 at 11:20 am

Kanye again!!

5. Toks

October 24, 2016 at 11:48 am

Go Kanye! Give themmmmmmm!!!! I love this guy!

6. bruno

October 24, 2016 at 12:27 pm

frank ocean didn’t submit any of his work to the grammy academy for consideration. so no nominations for him.

besides his album blond is boring as hell. I’m not jumping on the bandwagon like everyone else. everyone kept on saying his album is so deep, so artistic blah blah blah. I’m not buying the hype. I listened to the album and I fell asleep. boring. even solange album. so many lacklustre songs. even lady gaga’s new album Joanne. jesus, dont get me started on this one. lady gaga is a perfect case of how the mighty have fallen. she had zero confidence in this her new album she had to slash the price to the barest minimum so people will buy it cause the album is trash. perfect illusion is a horrible song but it is the most memorable song on that album.

7. Marlvina

October 24, 2016 at 1:38 pm

So wait, lemme get it straight. If Kanye doesn’t show up for the Grammys, won’t the Grammys still hold? Mshewww!

8. Cocolette

October 24, 2016 at 1:59 pm

I’m really curious…psychiatrists in the house, is there a name for the disorder Kanye has? Narcissistic disorder or what? How can he be managed? The bobo is just a wonderful somebody

• Zee

October 24, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Yu nailed his diagnosis!! He is sooo deluded dat i wonder how ppl around him cope wit dis madness

• Cocolette shade queen

October 25, 2016 at 11:18 am

I wish and wish and wish Kanye gets to read your comment…. he will combust kiakia!!!?

9. Akpeno

October 24, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Kanye…..

Kai

Since he lost his mother things have not been “normal” for him…. I hope he finds peace….

10. Ese

October 24, 2016 at 9:02 pm

“Since he lost his mother things have not been “normal for him” Some people are so close to Kanye o…

11. Tosin

October 25, 2016 at 9:42 pm

I go shout ooooo
    I go shout plenty o
    – Fela
    Kanye is in the Spirit. God bless him.