News

Lady Alleges that Her Irish Lover Intentionally Infected Her with HIV & Slept With Her Best Friend

The Lady and Her Lover

The Lady and Her Lover

A 31-year-old distraught Real Estate worker has narrated how her 67-year-old Irish lover allegedly intentionally infected her with HIV in Lagos.

According to PUNCH, the lady reported the incident at Area F Police Command, Ikeja

“When she faced journalists on Friday, however, things took a dramatic turn as she screamed at reporters and shielded the man she had accused from being interviewed and photographed.

‘You see what you have done now? We could have settled this at home,’ she was heard telling the man, who also became furious and lashed out at reporters.

‘Jackass, liars. Get out of here,’ the Irish man told journalists,” PUNCH reported.

Narrating what happened, the lady said:

We have been dating for some years. I work as a real estate agent, while he works with a construction company.

In January 2014, he became ill. He was always sweating and running temperature. So, I accompanied him to see his doctor in a hospital in Ikeja. He was given treatment for malaria but the hospital also ran some tests and usually, they run HIV tests without telling the patient just to be sure.

When the result came out, we went to see the doctor. I heard the man asking him if I was his sex partner but he said no. The man also asked if he could speak with him in my presence, he said no. When we left, he was given some drugs, which he hid from me.

Any time he wanted to take the drug, he hid it. Then one day, I caught him taking the same drug. I asked him what it was for and he said it was for a recurrent leg pain he was getting. I wrote down the name of the drug and searched for it on Google. That was when I learnt that it was anti-retroviral drug used for HIV.

I confronted him and asked if he had HIV, he denied it flatly. I then told him to give me his doctor’s number so that I could confirm myself. He said no. While he was sleeping, I took his doctor’s number from his phone and called the man. The doctor told me that he could not speak on the phone and said I should come and see him. When I went there, he broke the news to me that he was HIV positive. He then decided to run a test on me. It confirmed that I was HIV positive. I felt like dying.

I was so angry because he deliberately infected me. I know this because he protected his family. Around the time we went to the doctor together, he sent his wife abroad to ensure she did not contract the virus. But in my case, the sex even intensified that I was happy that he was falling in love with me more every day.

She added that she took a second test which came out positive as well.

She said: “He denied that he infected me and even accused me of infecting him even though the doctor said this could not have been so considering the fact that it had not manifested in my body in any way, while he had fallen sick long ago.”

She said despite her anger, she still did not want to report the matter to the police.

“But I told him that he had to take care of the cost of my medication and had to make sure I was comfortable since he was the one who infected me. He then agreed to pay me N2.5m.

But he started abusing me. He would say no man would dare marry a girl with a disease like me. I threatened to report him to the police and he said I should go ahead. He said I would become depressed and commit suicide due to stigma if I did that.

I packed out of his house in anger. Then, one day, I went to his house and found him in bed with my best friend. He did not care. The humiliation was why I decided to finally come to report to the police,” she added.

In Nigeria, non-disclosure of HIV status to a sexual partner and deliberate infection of a partner are criminal offences enshrined in the Sexual Offences Act 2015.

According to Section 24 and 39 of the law, it is a crime to “intentionally, knowingly and willfully” transmit HIV.

The Irish man, who said he had been in Nigeria for more than 40 years, continued to say that the lady infected him instead. “She wanted money from me,” he said.

According to the Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmos, investigations are ongoing on the case.

“At the moment, we are treating the lady as the victim and the man as the suspect. If our investigation reveals anything to the contrary, we will amend our focus on the case.

But we are also going to look for the friend, whom the complainant said she found naked with the man to determine her status. If we find her and she requires test and treatment, we will ensure she gets that as soon as possible,” she added.

Photo Credit: PUNCH

1. splankface

October 15, 2016 at 9:23 am

good for her she wanted a white man

• Hotspice_Yimu

October 15, 2016 at 9:48 am

Huh? So you had to post such insensitivity because you want your website to be noticed?

• Mujer

October 15, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Question for this girl is what she was doing with this man that is not prostitution? He has a wife so it is not as if he was a real boyfriend. When you are a prostitute, i.e., when you give your body out for money to married elderly white or black men, you must assume the risks of the profession. These risks include hiv infection. You should have used protection in your business, i.e. condoms. What you did was run a fireworks business without fire insurance.

• dupsy

October 15, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Please be careful how you judge people splankface because we all have been fooled and done stupid things in the past and still asked God for his grace and forgiveness.

2. sista

October 15, 2016 at 9:42 am

….in summary :
    *reckless ladies
    *wicked old man and an
    *opportunistic friend.

3. Mr. Egghead

October 15, 2016 at 9:48 am

I don’t know whether to cry or to laugh.

Isi kote ebu, ogba ya!

4. Madman

October 15, 2016 at 10:22 am

Nigerian women can’t win with Nigerian men or with foreigners. Above all, receive sense…. Use condoms. No free lunch in free town.

5. Thatgidigirl

October 15, 2016 at 10:53 am

1)You knew the man was married and you were having an affair with him for years? Karma had your address and used dhl express service to send you a package.
    2) Your life is worth 2.5m? Well done! Explains why you were having reckless sex. It is your responsibility to protect yourself…..
    3) You reported only after he slept with your friend, not after you found out he infected you, and you’re still willing to protect him.
    4) The Irish man is a bottom dwelling scum bag! After living in naija for so long he wld probably bribe his way out of this…..or give her another 2.5m

6. Roma

October 15, 2016 at 11:33 am

Imagine how many of them desperado ladies who this man slept with without protection are going about with HIV disease.
    Greed and wickedness, a young lady sleeping with a married man, she wanted him to fall in love with her, then divorce his wife and marry her (Karma)
    Anyways, they all deserve what they got.

7. Kimberly

October 15, 2016 at 11:34 am

First, the man is far older than she is. That means both of them were having friends-on-benefit kind of relationship. A pity, nothing good comes out of promiscuous lifestyle.

8. ho

October 15, 2016 at 12:11 pm

what if they use condom,,what of of them that suck men’s manhood..do dey also put mouth comdom

9. Marlvina

October 15, 2016 at 12:18 pm

As I read the story, I felt so sad on behalf of the victim; already abusing the old guy in my mind, but getting to the point she mentioned he has a wife, I quickly withdrew my sympathy towards the victim. Well, I won’t be so harsh to say good for her!! But surely what goes round, will surely come around. That’s the consequence she has to face for her silly actions. All because of money, you subject yourself to such humiliating treatment, being a third wheel in ones marriage and now ill health. It’s unfortunate but hey karma!

10. BijouxthisBijouxthat

October 15, 2016 at 12:21 pm

She only reported him because she caught him in bed with her ‘best friend’.
    That’s a scorned woman right there….
    Piece of worthless nothing… All three of them ???

11. LemmeRant

October 15, 2016 at 1:13 pm

I want to feel sorry for you, but…………………………….

12. Bey

October 15, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Anytime I see these Nigerian girls with these old white men I just shrivel………..
    The man is even married and I bet his wife doesn’t have it, probably stopped sleeping with her when he found out he was positive.
    What has been dis girls gain in d relationship. N2.5m
    I pitied her until I found out she knew d man was married and she kept sleeping with him without condom.
    At 31 she shld be looking to settle down. Why not find a man ur age, even if he’s still struggling, u will struggle 2geda.
    The stupid man shld be imprisoned. It’s obvious he’s out to ruin naija girls. Even sleeping with her bestie. He’s a dog, a walking time bomb.

13. jwezee

October 15, 2016 at 5:18 pm

C’mon this is our every day reality far more worse happens in Nigeria on a daily…some body said she knew he was married..Lol laughable when did that ever stop anything within and outside nigeria. My dear just get on your meds and live your life…the statistics of people living with hiv in Nigeria is alarming beautiful well to do people you would never know..life goes on

14. Titus

October 15, 2016 at 6:14 pm

When you play stupid games, you win stupid prices.

15. aisha

October 15, 2016 at 6:23 pm

And the woman bashing continues… No commenterbhas blamed the man for adultery

• Marlvina

October 15, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Maybe cus women are always on the receiving end. They can sell both their ovaries for wealth. Its high time they become smarter than the men! So yes! The bashing continues….

• Not true

October 15, 2016 at 10:03 pm

That’s not true! You need glasses, read up again

16. Ladybird

October 15, 2016 at 9:39 pm

A man hiding his lifestyle, old enough to be your father and a man with a wife .. Why wouldn’t there be any consequences!!!!!??.. smh this is an unfortunate situation.. it didn’t need to happen. Women stay away from foreigners who look older and are hiding wives somewhere. chances are they are sleeping not only with you but with every other girl out there.

17. Deedee

October 16, 2016 at 10:52 pm

I know someone dating a married white man. She even gives tithes from cash he gives her n prays on it that she ll never lack n prays he never leaves her. Smh. How God wan take answer that one o. Meanwhile BN, stale gist. ?

18. Nawah

October 20, 2016 at 5:19 am

Oh Lord have mercy. In a civilized world both [email protected][email protected]&r will be tested first n their picture displaced so pple can be cautious n know who these fools are. To the Dr who violate his client medical record what happend to HIPPA rule or are they not tot confidential medical record should be confidential between the physician and the patient??? Awon were dede.