News

Man Beat wife Because She Woke Him Up for Snoring

Man-beats-up-woman-NANA 30-year-old, commercial motorcyclist, Tukur on Friday beat his wife, Jennifer to stupor for accusing him of snoring.

It was the intervention by neighbours and passers-by that saved her from further attack.

One of the neigbhours Lawrence, who witnessed the fight, told our correspondent that the couple who resides at Masaka, Nasarawa State, were fond of constituting nuisance to the environment through constant query.

According to him, it all started at about 9 p.m. on Thursday when neighbours ran outside at the shout of the wife who was seriously beaten by her husband.

“How on earth in this present modern world will a man beat up his wife over trivial issue? We learnt that the wife preventing the husband from sleeping just because he was snoring,” Lawrence said.

He said that so many cases of divorce in the society could be prevented, if minor issues like this are promptly settled by couples.

“This is not a case of extra-marital affairs that usually lead to divorce, but a mere misunderstanding that could be controlled with little patience,’’ he said.

However, the husband said his wife prompted him to beat her after several warnings.

“She prevented me from sleeping after having a hard day, I pleaded with her but refused,” he said.

Paul said having gone through a hectic day, that he decided to have some rest but was prevented by his wife because he was snoring.

“What happened, I will say is the devil’s handiwork? I lost my motor bike which has been helping me to fend for the family.

“I immediately contacted the police who was able to help me get it back. I brought it back home and all these while my wife could not call to know where I was. I got home only for me to have some rest and after dozing off; my wife woke me up to tell me I was disturbing her with my snoring,” he said.

Paul who later apologised to his wife thanked the neighbours for the brotherly love they have extended to his family.

The wife told our correspondent that the incident was due to communication gap, which was misinterpreted.

“I was angry because the husband left me and the children without telling us where he went.”

The couple had been living together for past nine years and the union is blessed with three children.

1. Spunky

October 29, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Perhaps he was munching turkey wings with fresh palm wine in his dream and the wife “comman” woke him to reality.

2. that uptown girl

October 29, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Chai! This snoring thing was a big issue between my husband and I, especially in the first few weeks of living together. Am such a light sleeper, even a person’s breathing can wake me up from sleep. Needless to say as long as he was snoring I wasn’t getting any sleep. I’d leave the bedroom for the living room which he totally didn’t like, wake up in the morning cranky and angry, we wouldn’t talk to each other for a long time. When he complained about me leaving the bed, I started waking him up each time he snored. If I can’t get any sleep, he better forget about getting any sleep. But I noticed there was a pattern to this snoring, whenever he lay on his back he would be snoring very loudly but when he lay on his side no snoring or ignorable snoring. We decided that whenever I notice him snoring I should ask him to turn to his side. That worked like magic o. By the time I will tap and prod and push and even kick, he will jejely turn to his side and we will both have peace. The downside is that he cant sleep in his best sleeping position and I can only lay on his chest until he falls asleep then I will gently push him to his side. Sometimes though, especially when he has cold, turning to the side doesn’t work so well so we double his pillow. We overcame that challenge sha. #ChroniclesOfAWifeOfASnoringHusband

• Delta geh

October 29, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Love this! Thanks for sharing 🙂

• Naijatalk

October 29, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Good for you girl. In my own case, I learned to sleep through a hurricane for peace to reign but sometimes I simply can’t deal, I wake him up with annoyance that speaks volumes.

3. keke driver

October 29, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Oniranu

4. Thedopechick

October 29, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Errm bet seriously eh, who else noticed the Laurence neighbour okaying domestic violence as long as it wasn’t over trivial issues?

#reformisstillalongroad

5. Joy Ojo

October 29, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Na poverty, nothing else.

6. Lora

October 30, 2016 at 2:56 am

She should be a submissive wife in her sleep and stop snoring. Smh afterthoughts make the loudest noise. Perhaps she should watch “war room: dreams edition” so she can wake up early enough to do one or two things. She should apologise and make the peace so she can keep her home. Hope she doesn’t break her home and lose the Head of the house. It would be such a shame *sighs*

7. Puzzles

October 30, 2016 at 3:20 pm

“the union is blessed with three children”

BN, I seriously think this phrase should not be used for a home where there’re serious problems. Are the children blessed for belonging to such a home? Most of such children grow up with serious issues, some of them repeating the patterns of their parents. Just say “they have three children”, abeg

8. OA

October 31, 2016 at 9:52 pm

@that uptown girl –LOL!

When I first got married, my husband never snored. In fact he says I am the one that snores. In the last couple of years however, he now snores. Like you said, after I push, tap, prod, kick, (culled from that uptown girl, 2016 — before they say I plagiarized) he will sleep on his side and voila no more snoring. As far as me snoring, I may snore once a month and it’s only for a couple of minutes each time. Not my fault, I have asthma!