Relationships

Met at 7, Married at 20! Young African-American Couple goes Viral with Beautiful Love Story

Kris and Jamal_Young Black Love 2 Kris and Jamal_Young Black Love 1African-American couple Kris and Jamal are black love goals for many.

Their short and simple love story has gone viral with over 20,000 retweets just after 2 days of being shared on Twitter.

The bride shared –

The groom responded –

He also added on his Instagram page –

Our love has no limits. Our love knows no fears. I’m so happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with you. My beautiful black queen..

Happy Married Life!

1. @lonitagram

October 29, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Awww…?????? I’m so emotional right now…i love it! Love is so so beautiful! I pray God give them the strength & wisdom.I pray they grow old together.Good kids and many more blessings!

2. Temi

October 29, 2016 at 2:51 pm

Haha. What do they know? Kilomode mo? If you think this is awwwwww so cute and great, I wish and pray this on your children at 20 years old ijn. Now say Amen.

• OPPY

October 29, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Aunty, why do you sound so angry? They may be young but well matured than you. Leave the young loves alone and respect their decision. When you have your own children, you can control their lives.

• Marlvina

October 29, 2016 at 9:12 pm

@Temi even those couples who are 30 and 40yrs of age still can’t keep their marriage. They acting up as kids. Marriage aint about age, its about the solid friendship you build together cus that’s what will keep you going during the up’s and down’s. When you remember how much you cherish and value the companionship.

• Sisi

October 29, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Amen!!! Temi I am 39 and wish I had been married at 20. May my children marry at 18 sef!!!
      Don’t judge a situation you’ve never been in.

• Cocolette

October 30, 2016 at 2:02 pm

Amen

3. Moi

October 29, 2016 at 2:54 pm

I love love and maturity!
    Age isn’t maturity!

4. Shey

October 29, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Beautiful, in the olden days I think people got married around 18 years upwards. No age limit or minimum age requirement when it comes to marriage so far both parties are consenting adults.

• Emily

October 29, 2016 at 3:25 pm

In the olden days people died where they were born, there was no social media, people did not even know their ages. You were confined to a city all your life. Women went to farm with their children and came back while men went to hunt. Divorce was unheard of. You can’t use the olden days to prescribe this era. I am not saying that they can’t make it work. They very well can as they are both ”adults” but the risk is way too high! If my younger sister who is 20 at the moment came to me and said she wants to get married to another 20 year old, I would not be in support at all. It is like setting yourself up for failure. Omo, I wish them the very best and I pray the universe is in sync with their union and they live in peace and love. Happy Married Life!

• Deplorable KGB

November 3, 2016 at 7:45 pm

When it comes to marriage, every method has worked. May not work for the majority but it probably works for few other people

5. Alara

October 29, 2016 at 3:01 pm

20 is too young please. They haven’t experienced life well enough to be certain that marriage is what they want embark on next. The adults in their lives should have advised against this. I hope they do not come to regret missing out on their youth for this.

6. Tutu

October 29, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Like someone said Age is not maturity. As long as you have Jesus at the centre of your union. I love their love. I wish them the vey best.

• nana

October 29, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Nigerians and religion, everything is not about Jesus please. I wish them the best but I hope they won’t divorce in 10 years time siting irreconcilable differences (that’s what they always say). They are quite too young for marriage.

• all about Jesus!!

October 29, 2016 at 5:00 pm

everything is about him for some of us oo seek ye first the kingdom of God and it’s righteousness and EVERY other thing will be added unto you Matt 6:33 .it is God who teaches you to do his will and purpose he can never lead you wrong selah!!

7. that uptown girl

October 29, 2016 at 4:16 pm

I wish them happiness in their marriage. I hope they don’t wake up in 5 years and cite irreconcilable differences. If I had boyfriend at 20, I would have been definitely divorced at 25 or even 23. I wish them luck sha..

8. Marks

October 29, 2016 at 4:32 pm

I was 20 and my wife was 15 when we met and started ‘seeing’..(I didnt touch her until she was 19 though..lol) We married after a decade when I was 30 and she was 25. We’ve been married for 5 years to the glory of God. Such love is true, very true but they should have waited. Marriage brings a whole new dynamics to the game. I guess it’s easier since they aint Africans and they wont have to deal with the complications of extended family system but I still feel they should have waited, at least enjoy your love before th seriousness of marriage. In any case, the American society does not frown at divorce. I pray that have an everlasting and happy marriage.

9. mimi

October 29, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Puppy love……cute……sweet and everything nice……wish it was really that way…..all the best

10. nene

October 29, 2016 at 5:21 pm

too young. people talk about the olden days, there were not many distractions back then. these days, it takes a while to find out who you are due to so many different distractions. i wont advice anyone to get married at 20.

11. Delta geh

October 29, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Wow! Some people are quite bitter. Instead of wishing them a happy life you’re saying ‘I hope they don’t divorce from this or that’. How about a little joy? Some people have married at the age of 30 and above and still got divorced. They know their dynamics and the fact they want to spend the rest of their lives with each other. Who are we to judge? For all you know they may just stay together forever and perhaps be one of the longest married couples in our generation.

12. Ola

October 29, 2016 at 8:53 pm

I believed the marriage will work! I met my husband as 18 going 19 and he promised to marry me on day one but as a Nigerian girl it took a year to accept his proposal. We have been together 16years and we are going strong everyday. Obviously, we faced many challenges as a couple and now with a child. I will advise the man to be patient with her and encourage her to be independent woman. My husband makes me financially and educationally stable and he reap the benefits

13. iwalewa

October 30, 2016 at 6:53 am

Whaooooo am happy for them wish I can get married at that age too

14. zzzzzzzzzzz

October 30, 2016 at 10:06 pm

If they are up to it I don’t see anything wrong in their getting married that young. It is possible to achieve much at that age overseas than in Nigeria.

15. Loveth Best

October 31, 2016 at 10:45 am

I wish them the very best

16. lola

January 20, 2017 at 5:25 pm

I wish them all the very best jare! For those shouting, if you like wait till 80 years old, learning and amassing knowledge about marriage; if your heart ain’t right to love someone as God intended – selflessly. Unconditionally. No games. No tricks . as Jesus( yeah I said His name) loves us, omo your marriage would end in less than a year. They mock it and call it ‘puppy’ love. Not realizing that young love is the best kind of love. The heart is still pure( hasn’t been battered, broken , tortured and killed) yeah some people don’t even have hearts anymore because of series of bad relationships! A beg leave this beautiful couple alone! God is with them! The heart is the most important – if its the right place, then there’s nothing those two cannot achieve! And yeah, if my 20 year old daughter or Son says he wants to get married, I would support him or her as long as I know they are ready,

17. TEMI TOPE

July 14, 2018 at 7:28 pm

So sweet!! May God guide you and shower you with blessings.