Career

Tips on Building a Career, Improving Business Engagement Skills & more taught at the Skill Development Workshop

FB_IMG_1475055133867

Finishing University education can leave young Nigerians wondering seriously about the future.

Most times, questions like; how will my first job interview go?  For young school leavers questions like. What does life after university hold for me?

The Skills Development Workshop is a forum where the organizers attempt to bridge this gap through providing FREE capacity building training (all through 2016) to fresh graduates and undergraduates, new hires in organizations, and even mid-career people who do not have sound early training in their careers. We hope that by this, we would have supported young people who have no other opportunity, to acquire basic skills required by most employers today.

The Skills Acquisition Workshop has indeed been a success since inception judging by participant feedback on the modules that they trained on, which include topics like:

• Get invited to that Interview (with role plays) – facilitated by Ibanga Udofia
  • Communication Skills – facilitated by Chineze Oluwatoye Gabriel
  • Sales Skills that Win – facilitated by Omatsola Barrow
  • Business Engagements with Big Companies –facilitated by Leostan Eke

Other topics that have been discussed include:

• Interviewing for success (with role plays).
  • Interpersonal Skills.
  • A CV that gets you a Job.
  • Surviving Office Politics.
  • Presentation Skills.
  • Writing Skills

This edition, which holds at Fuse Lounge and event center, will focus on Managing your Boss

These above listed are just a few of the extensive trainings on offer.

FB_IMG_1475055170541

It gets better, for no fees but based on identified career needs, the platform provides an opportunity to be invited to facilitate a session within an organisation or professional interest groups.

The brain behind The Skills Development Workshop, Harold Nwariaku, a core professional decided to provide this platform, having observed a widening gap between what Nigerian Universities prepare students for in the job market, and the requirements recruiters have put in place for their employable candidates.

You can register for free here

IMG_20160914_114440 IMG-20160810-WA0029FB_IMG_1475055120725FB_IMG_1475055242402 FB_IMG_1475055187588

#skillsdevelopmentworkshop – Bridging the gap between what universities teach, and what organizations seek!

1. Kennedy

October 11, 2016 at 8:32 am

attended last saturdays. so I’m definitely recommending this to not only fresh graduates but to anyone who also needs a refresher.

2. Chidiebere

October 11, 2016 at 9:26 am

I was at the Business Engagement with Big Company facilitated by Chief Leo Stan Eke, and it was an awesome experience giving the advice and motivation we were given. Thank you for putting this workshop together Mr Harold God Bless.

3. U. Erik Nwagwu

October 11, 2016 at 9:45 am

I attended the session held on the 8th of October and it was a most enlightening experience.

I have been in C-level positions for the past 13 years and am currently the CEO of my own firm…..not only did I fully understand the import of mistakes I’ve made in the past but moving forward this session provided me with a differing perspective on how to deal with employees and partners more effectively.

Harold’s perspective on every day issues that arise in the workplace and how to effectively deal with them is brilliant….not just in the subject content but in his delivery of the said content.

Entry/ Mid level employees, due to lack of experience , face numerous challenges with managing their immediate Bosses while Managers also need a different perspective on managing and energizing their team….this session adequately addressed these two groupings. If you wish to acquire valuable skills and build a strong personal brand then Harold will be an extremely valuable asset for you in this quest

I would suggest no matter what organisational level you’re currently in attend the next session because the take-away will be of immense value to you……I certainly will !.

4. Ajibola Bamidele

October 11, 2016 at 10:50 am

I have attended all the sessions except the last one, and that was because I was unavoidably absent. Would never have missed any session cos the event is simply amazing; I have gained so much from it. I look earnestly to the next.

5. Michael

October 11, 2016 at 11:39 am

…. fantastic and insightful workshop. Need more events like this in this country.

6. Chioma Nnaji

October 11, 2016 at 11:46 am

It has been an overwhelming experience for me. Been hooked since April when I attended for the 1st time. There’s so much knowledge to gain and at each of the sessions I have attended, I always say a silent prayer for Harold because It’s hard to believe that he’s giving the participants such important skills for FREE!

7. Sonie

October 11, 2016 at 12:50 pm

Awesome. Always mind-blowing.

8. Ekwere blessing

October 12, 2016 at 8:44 am

I attended the very last one on 08/10/2016 tagged “Managing your Boss” and I was marvelled on things I learnt,which am gonna start practicing than being silent over some issues that will enhances my success and forget about the lost. Am really blessed to known the convener with such ideas with a free delivery to both owners of company and employees. Thank God I honour the invitation. Am waiting for the next workshop coming up November. The skill development workshop is very interesting, motivating, inspiring, and crystal clear in managing anything that comes your way at any positions you find yourself in any organization. God bless Mr Harold abundantly.

9. Ejiro Akpabio

October 13, 2016 at 9:16 am

Amazing development skills workshop, have really learnt a lot.

10. Ejiro Akpabio

October 13, 2016 at 9:18 am

Amazing development skills workshop have really learnt a lot.

11. Enumah stephen

October 13, 2016 at 11:33 am

You just never know the positive or negative impression your cv sends out until you attend one of this seminars. My first encounter with the organiser Harold Nwariaku changed my career status as we first reviewed and worked on my cv. Then with the sessions attended, the impact on how to survive and grow in a modern business organization and environment was clearly addressed which has helped me accelerate my career goals and objectives and also improved my personal perception of the economy and business alike. I encourage people I know to attend every session. This is a master class

12. Lauretta Joseph-Ogio

October 14, 2016 at 6:46 pm

For me,,,,the workshop has helped me in my everyday living,,,,I see my difficult work related lifestyle as building blocks of success.During one of the sessions,I was told to deliver bad news early,,,difficult bosses bring the best in me,,,,,truly,am totally grateful for this opportunity,my thinking is renewed