Relationships

“Children ought not to be victims of the choices adults make for them” – Ubi Franklin

ubi-franklin-and-jayden-ubi-ofemTripleMG CEO Ubi Franklin has been in the news for a number of things this week. First he celebrated the launch of his lounge, then he celebrated his wedding anniversary and then there were the sad rumours that his marriage to Lilian Esoro was on the rocks.

The couple has a son together and today Ubi Franklin posted a cryptic post on Instagram talking about how parents shouldn’t make the wrong decisions for their kids.

According to reports, Lilian Esoro and her son Jayden are currently in Paris while Ubi Franklin was in Nigeria and Los Angeles recently.

Ubi posted “Children ought not to be victims of the choices adults make for them. Make the right decision for your children.”

1. Paul Adeyemo

November 4, 2016 at 1:23 pm

You went for a lady you gave 100% love but who in return have you 40% of her heart. Love should equally be shared, when it is tilted to one side, it’s a recipe for disaster especially if the other party that is not to commited get hooked to someone they are ready to love 100%. Man up and move on and stop courting public sympathy.

• Red

November 4, 2016 at 2:11 pm

“She’s everything I can ever ask God for. She’s very brilliant, she can cook. She’s usually quiet and more reserved. She’s not one of those actresses who are just out there and all over the place. She’s very subtle with everything she does. Even to post pictures on Instagram. The reason many people never knew we were dating is that she didn’t want us to post any pictures on Instagram. I wanted to put up pictures but she told me that if we made it a social media relationship, then it wouldn’t last”

Ubi on marrying Lilian., April 4, 2015. (Source, BellaNaija).

Just, negodu.

• Abi

November 4, 2016 at 2:28 pm

aiye akamara! It’s like you had this bookmarked waiting to use it.

I hope they weather their storm.

• FinchleysFinest

November 4, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Chai… People are wicked!

• abby

November 4, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Everyone has that one thing they regret, noboby’s life is a perfect fairy tale

• Dammy456

November 5, 2016 at 9:01 am

I swear….
      You wicked o….

• Anonynous

November 4, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Classic case of wife beaters. They all try to make the other person look bad. Pls let him go and pose at 3rd mainland bridge. Let Inyanya and maybe Don Jazzy rescue him again. Better cunt.

2. lakinky

November 4, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Our celebrities need to learn how to manage family issues in private. Stop posting innuendos and look for how to move on… God be your helper!

3. Chic

November 4, 2016 at 1:40 pm

After all the carnival… *smh!
    This generation spends so much time preparing for the wedding than the marriage itself. Una well done ooo.. This particular one looks so forced on the lady.
    Emma Nyra be sipping some hot tea with sides eyes at them..

• Udegbunam Chukwudi

November 4, 2016 at 1:51 pm

@Chic Asin ehn. This na probably Emma vindication loading.

4. Mo'Diva

November 4, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Eyah Ubi pele, U gat to man up now

#homewares??sigoja.com

5. Mahka

November 4, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Am over here making a mental calculation of all that wedding festivities n outfits. Money on its way down the drain.
    Hope it’s just a rumor what I hear for the sake of that lil child.

BN, heard some ‘beloved’ suprised Anuty Toke on bday soiree; bring us the deets na.

6. LemmeRant

November 4, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Which is why you don’t marry an olosho.

#lordsavemefromkarishika

• Ubi Stop Beating Women

November 4, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Which is why you don’t beat your pregnant wife

• curios

November 4, 2016 at 6:10 pm

U were there when he was beating her???? Stop trying to twist the narrative

7. No chaser..

November 4, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Are you trying to tell us something, Ubi? We are all ears.

8. BA

November 4, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Like ehn, Toke has a new lover. She is happy and slaying all round. So stoked. So happy for her.

• RIFF RAFF

November 4, 2016 at 3:02 pm

Dude looks like Maje…..or is he the “beloved” in question?

• Gbebs

November 4, 2016 at 4:58 pm

His name is Seyi Kuye, thank me later

9. Queen Of Sheba

November 4, 2016 at 2:11 pm

My heart aches hearing this…

Rather than cast stones, please let’s pray for this couple.

Yes they are celebrities!!!

Yes they are humans!!!

Yes we all make mistakes!!!

May God keep their union.

• nne mummy

November 4, 2016 at 2:49 pm

So true!

• Someonecute

November 4, 2016 at 4:03 pm

I wish I could like your comment a zillion times. I also think bloggers put too much of these guys out there, thereby bringing unnecessary high expectations on their lives. Yes they are celebrities, and they can run into problems but the public has had their eyes gazed on these two for so long. I remember when BN wouldn’t stop putting them at our face, abeg there were too many posts about these guys if y’all remember, pre-weddings, showers, If Ubi and Lilian sneezes nko, engagement, proposal party, trad and white wedding, every sneeze, ordinary I love you message on their social media (which would have just been for their fans to see) Bloggers wouldn’t stop broadcasting it.. I pray they sort this out and be wise with their social media. Sometimes its not just about what actually caused the problem but the fact that not all celebrity couples can handle the public eye, its distracting, and feels like you always have to live for the media. forgetting that the media has the same power to make and quench you.

10. Marlvina

November 4, 2016 at 2:13 pm

May God restore love and peace to their family.

11. Nene

November 4, 2016 at 2:27 pm

After the big wedding. How many of the “invitees” have reached out to the couple. They should’ve never married

• Marlvina

November 4, 2016 at 2:50 pm

As in, that’s one thing about big weddings. Having a large crowd yet majority of the people are not there to celebrate the couple, rather they just come to look, eat and scout for an aspect to criticize. These are the same people who will have their tongues wagging the moment something goes wrong in the marriage. They are ever present in times of trouble. Smh!

12. Feyi

November 4, 2016 at 2:32 pm

But this Lilian is mean sha! How can you just decide to halt a one year marriage just because? Yes, because? Because of what exactly?? Excuse me people, this Ubi can’t move on easily o, he spent lot of money on the wedding. Ahn ahn! Women pls let’s fear God. If you are not going to stay in a marriage don’t just marry cos your friends are getting married and play a useless script on another human being. According to SDK, she said the babe just dey share here toto with everyone. All these lagos ashawo girls that Bellanaija call ‘CELEBRITIES’, God is watching.

• RIFF RAFF

November 4, 2016 at 3:01 pm

BOTH OF THEM MARRIED FOR THE WRONG REASONS:
      Ubi wanted to rub it on Emma’s face
      Lilian couldn’t get her footballer lover, so she settled for this one;At least, he get
      money:Mind you, i said SETTLED, not married.

How long will you pretend to love someone, while thinking of someone else???
      Now an innocent baby is in the middle of all this.
      Dunno about the violence allegations….

FOUNDATION , PEEPS, FOUNDATION MATTERS

• Ubi Stop Beating Women

November 4, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Feyi, I pray your husband/wife turns you into a punching bag after one year of marriage. Maybe you will be more considerate and stop pronouncing judgements about that which you know nothing about.

• Ope

November 5, 2016 at 10:35 am

@feyi,I agree with you. Ebuu celebraties. So many fakes,snake and empty people

13. omaa

November 4, 2016 at 2:43 pm

could this be a publicity stunt? inyanya left his label and is about to release a single under mavin records this week (or has it happened already?). they might just be trying to distract us…

14. Question?

November 4, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Well is possible for a pregnant woman to be cheating? Cos I think she took in immediately or before their marriage. I am just a naive man who needs answers.

• Question?

November 4, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Is it possible

• Ope

November 5, 2016 at 10:33 am

@question,it is possible,it happens well!!! Make sure you run that DNA/BLOOD test before that child calls you daddy.

15. Suga

November 4, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Bellanija I hope you ou people have learnt always putting up their pictures with caption “couple goals” . Why didn’t you guys caption their stories as “separation goals”. My people don’t wish to be like anyone. Your life may actually be better, forget packaging as money is not peace and happiness

16. john

November 4, 2016 at 3:11 pm

this dude gotta be the most emotionally ,weakest man ,I have seen..dude,she doesn’t love you , everybody knows that except your delusional eyes..always crying and whining for a woman expecially a “lagos “woman that is not worth it..dude..count ur loses and move on and start another family and forget about her.. she is damaged goods even before you meet her..till today , I dont know why some men even marry actresses and female celebrities, they are just good for bedding …ubi,ure rich, young and not bad lookng..move on, count it as Karma and move on

• jhennique

November 6, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Lol. No be small karma. BN sef is not loyal. They will help you broadcast your wedding. With the same side of their mouth they will broadcast your downfall. Lol! Abeg I wish everybody well

17. Loveth Best

November 4, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Maka why? Lilian

18. May

November 4, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Oga oh. This just confirms that the rumors are true. I pray for GOD’s intervention.

19. Ewa Ali

November 4, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Hello Lillian,

I know you read Bella naija and I very certain you would have the pages associated with you book marked.
    I don’t know you but I prayed for you. I don’t know what you are going through but the grass is not greener on the other side.
    One of the greatest blessings a woman can have is to have a genuinely loving husband. You have one, Ubi might not be perfect but God is giving you the second chance to try again.

Please don’t let us give up on our marriages, Tiwa too is trying and I want you to know that there would be bigger storms but true love conquers all.
    I wish you all the best.

• Papermoon

November 4, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Hhhmmm OK, since you seem to know the details of the issues in this marriage and that of Tiwa too……who am I to question how well you know this “genuinely loving husband”.

• Odi

November 4, 2016 at 4:30 pm

But what if she doesn’t love him tho? Granted – she shouldn’t have married him if she didn’t love him. But she’s made that mistake. And even went further to have his kid. But is that enough reason to live the rest of her life with a man she doesn’t love? I don’t subscribe to that.

• Nini

November 4, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Love can grow. It’s happened for a lot of people who initially married without love. If you make the mistake of marrying someone you don’t love but he’s a good person, not abusive etc, there’s nothing wrong with giving love a chance to grow and develop.

• curios

November 4, 2016 at 6:19 pm

@nini no o it can’t. Love shouldn’t be forced. If the mistake has happened I think its safer for ubi to let her go…..for his sanity and his health sake….

• Marian

November 4, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Ummm…True Love does not conquer all. Love can cover a multitude of sins but not all.
      I know a lot of people believe this but it’s wrong in my opinion. Love helps but you need more than love. Not in the mood to write an epistle. I always stress the importance of a good marriage counseling. It helps a lot with building a good foundation. Picture a house you build on a sand vs. The one on a solid rock, which one will stand when the storm comes?

20. EE

November 4, 2016 at 4:39 pm

“Lilian Esoro and her son Jayden”

Una abiakwa ozo. Calm down, let it be official first, ehn BN?

21. Mz Titilitious

November 4, 2016 at 4:45 pm

na wa oh…. i feel sorry for them….

22. jacob

November 4, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Our generation is built on speed; fast internet, fast communication everything happens in the twinkle of an eye. Some of us expect this speed in solutions to issues in our marriages.
    Two people with two completely different backgrounds, tastes and culture come together to start a new family. its one of the most difficult things for anyone to do especially because no matter how in love you both are, the romance wears off eventually because of routine.
    They got engaged; she had a chance to pull out she didnt; they did traditional wedding she got the chance to pull out she didnt, they did church wedding she had the choice to pull out she didnt. SHE CHOOSE HIM… a pretty girl like lilian had choices so i doubt although im not sure that she didnt love him. We all need to preach patience forgiveness and tolerance, no one is perfect. This situation is happening in countless homes in nigeria, theirs is in the spotlight because they are celebrities. PRAY FOR THEM AND WISH THEM WELL

23. Sharon

November 4, 2016 at 6:05 pm

My aunties always said always marry a man who loves you MORE and Lillian you got that. . Lillian may the God who mended Tiwa s mend yours.

I don’t blame you I blame your sisters who convinced you to settle cos your clock was ticking. 90% of us didn’t feel right about the whole thing including Linda Ejiofor your bff who knows you better than anyone , u almost even ruined that long relationship because of Ubi. Linda was not jealous of you she loves you still and knew in her heart of hearts this was not it. To save talk she still hot on your train eventhough she didn’t feel right about it

This is how my family was pressurising me to marry this dude with MBA and PhD from Harvard with temper as short as his 5’4 height. I witness within 3hrs of meeting him his temper do I said no everyone called me stupid for letting him go few years down the line, am not married, he married and the wifey is rolling round Accra in a new range rover and constant shade glasses to cover all the bruises and black eye. The whole neighborhood hear her daily screams from daily. Beating but that’s OK range rover and kids attending international school will heal all the bruises

Best decision I ever made.

I don’t regret one bit.

Like someone said here before quoting may angelou. LOVE IS MANY THINGS, BUT THE ONE THING IT IS NOT NOTES CAN EVER BE IS “UNSURE”. (from movie Madea Family Reunion ). Let’s not all forget the MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN ALL THIS BODMAS EQUATION “JAYDEN” the little boy who didn’t ask for all this. It shall be well. All shall be well soon

• LemmeRant

November 4, 2016 at 6:39 pm

So a married woman be spreading her toto upandan and its her sisters that’s to blame. Olodo!!

If u like marry 5,2” if you like marry 7,6” What bearing does that have on the matter at hand.
      You women just amaze me. Its when there’s a story and the woman is at fault you’ll start hearing all these jagbajantiz stories to justify her actions.

Instead of you to even be happy that someone wants to marry you.
      You neva jam

• anonymous

November 4, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Instead of her to be happy someone wants to marry her? Are you absolutely mad?

• Sharon

November 4, 2016 at 7:41 pm

LemmeRant why you mad though you seem to have a temper on you.

Oh let me guess

You are Short ??????????

Figures

I’dont know why you are mad

• Dino

November 4, 2016 at 7:56 pm

@Sharon Don’t really do much of this bellanaija commenting stuff but you see, what you’ve just displayed here: Its called plain stupidity.
      You’ve made 2 comments, just 2 comments and you’ve managed to astound me immensely with your ignorance. In your hope of trying to paint your ex-black you’ve just shown how vile you are as a person.
      1, First you blame the sisters for lillian’s cheating (a full grown adult) What has that got to do with anything
      2. You try to justify the act with a totally unrelated story.
      3. You get called out for it and the next thing is to try to insult.
      Incase you didn’t realize, all these speak more about you than your ex. Also what makes you think being short is an insult. Please explain, is it a disease/illness. Sometimes a lot of you women here make so much sense with your comments but sometimes, some of you can just be really silly.

And yes I’m short. Its not a big deal and i don’t consider it an insult. but if you a full grown adult like yourself does. Then like @LemmeRant said, you’re really an Olodo.

• Nitomeya

November 4, 2016 at 8:01 pm

@Sharon I am not in support of LemmeRant, however its seems you have a bias against short men and you think its cool making fun of them. Its not cool at all.

• Sammie

November 4, 2016 at 8:31 pm

As in dear, her bias for short people is so clear. it literally reeks of every statement she makes

Abeg vamooze from here with your negativity. We already have enough to contend with from @A fake Nigerian and @hadiza. We don’t need another one.
      See how she’s trying to shift the narrative to her short ex-boyfriend. Abeg I can’t deal with judgmental women. Just shift.

• Adjoa

November 4, 2016 at 7:55 pm

I too wanted to settle for a Ghanaian man with a Phd from a reputable university, but i have just decided to let him carry his full head all by himself.
      Even though his IQ is very high, the guy is so pretentious and think he is above everybody else. He also has a tendency to burst out of anger at every given opportunity, insult and humiliate me, making my life a living hell.
      Some days ago, i looked through the mirror and saw a damaged beautiful girl and i cried and cried for allowing a man to abuse me physically and emotionally. But, i have an opportunity to say no more, no more because i can better myself on my own and i do not deserve anybody that will make my value depreciate. Whether i remain single for the remaining days of my life and a laughing stock to people, as long as i regain my sanity, good riddance to bad rubbish! We should never allow ourselves to settle for less that what we deserve.
      Indeed, this man as an enviable academic baggage and is very successful, but he is a monster behind closed doors, beating me to a pulp. My friends are there being envious, little do they know of my struggle.

• Nitomeya

November 4, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Nor go back oh, remember these words you have typed down today and stick to your decision to leave. No form of abuse is accepted, either physical or emotional. Abeg run commot while you still can.

• Tosin

November 4, 2016 at 8:26 pm

throw that frog back in the mud, Adjoa. Today, not tomorrow.

• Ope

November 5, 2016 at 10:46 am

@Adjoa,pele ti e

• jhennique

November 6, 2016 at 12:21 pm

But wait. Why man wey never marry you go dey beat you? Is he mad??? Or are you? Help me lord

• Baby Gurl

November 4, 2016 at 8:00 pm

So @Sharon, anybody that disagrees with the baseless comment you’ve just made here is angry or short.

Very silly rationale. @Dino Please we’re are not all like that o.

• Corolla

November 4, 2016 at 10:47 pm

With friends like you Sharon…

24. Tinko

November 4, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Ubi is a wife beater and emotional blackmailer. Lilian u have a right to do what’s best for you. You need to be alive and mentally fit to be a fit mom for your Son. Pls Forget naysayers.

25. nnenne

November 4, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Again??
    Can you all leave this couple alone?
    Haba!!!!!!!
    They are not breaking up
    Next, please

26. chimmny

November 5, 2016 at 12:54 am

I’m still out of the loop… cause it doesn’t prove that the marriage is over. what if its just a stunt and they are just having a laugh over you guys over sabi and hungry haters for bad news… abeeg all of us should face our own problems!!!

27. baddo

November 5, 2016 at 1:04 am

truly and honestly women are their own worst enemies, majority of the bitter comments (happy the marriage is over, if that is even true) are from women. most women patiently waiting for their neighbour to fall flat on their faces so that they can laugh and jubilate!

28. Ope

November 5, 2016 at 10:51 am

Stop marrying all these things that sees acting/ nollyhood and modelling as shortcut to success. There are so many fab ladies out there,leave these lazy sex machines where they belong

• Ope

November 6, 2016 at 10:31 am

My name is Ope and you are really disgusting!