Scoop

“Freeze you are going out of line and losing focus” – OAP Dotun on the Recent Comparison between Yoruba and Igbo Women

BellaNaija.com

Freeze (L) and Dotun (R)

Freeze (L) and Dotun (R)

Following OAP Freeze and Sales Director at Internet SolutionsChiekezi Dozie‘s recent comparison of Yoruba women and Igbo women, Cool FM OAP, Dotun has called Freeze out in what he described as a generalization, adding that “opinions are ultimately determined by feelings or personal experiences and not by the intellect”.

Chiekezi had said that if a Yoruba man wants to be successful in life, he should marry an Igbo woman. Freeze quoted Chiekezi in an Instagram post and said “I kinda agree”, going ahead to list his reasons. Read it here.

Their comments sparked outrage and understandably so, being that there are more pressing national issues than how a particular tribe makes for a successful marriage.

Dotun wrote on Instagram:

This isn’t out of any classification of words or belief but out of something I utterly see as a Lil disrespectful and out of context. I’ll address it. @daddyfreeze I have known you for a few years right from the days of seemingly finding my feet in broadcasting to this very day of God’s lift and I have never exchanged my standard with bringing you down but THIS! your piece about YORUBA WOMEN is absolutely classless. I have been your cheerleader from day 1, called u tonnes of times on the things you write about especially when it is out of line just to hear your side but THIS!! Haba!

You have a daughter and sister like I do that are YORUBA. Are yours unclean, disrespectful, are they failing in their marriage, argues a lot, don’t treat their husband better, not beautiful, problematic, not sexy; ?????? Opinions are ultimately determined by feelings or personal experiences and not by the intellect. It still does not mean what isn’t good for the goose can’t be good for the gander.

Freeze you are going out of line and losing focus and it affects a few of us that look up to you. Write your piece and enjoy it but don’t disregard our positions as brothers, dads, husbands to YORUBA women. If yours wasn’t good doesn’t mean ours won’t be especially when it isn’t in your place to generalize. You will say it’s your opinion, well this is mine too.
Galatians 1:10 – For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

You are great at what you do but stop pleasing this people or maybe yourself cos it’s a Lil selfish and puts all of us in the most awkward position. Why do I have to answer to questions of “what is wrong with freeze” .. well, I don’t know about what is wrong with you, I just know something is wrong with your piece about YORUBA WOMEN. Take care and have a blessed Sunday. I am HUMAN#AllTribeRock #iLLEGAL

1. Marlvina

November 20, 2016 at 12:28 pm

I’m shocked that some people even look up to him. I don’t see Freeze as a role model, not even in the next life. This guy needs to see a psychiatrist.

• Jade edo babe

November 20, 2016 at 1:10 pm

He’s just angry his ex wife left him and didn’t continue to be his punching bag. Now, all Yoruba women are bad. What’s all this nonsense about igbo vs yoruba women. These men need to focus on themselves, how to be a better man and husband because whether na Edo, Yoruba, Igbo, hausa wife they still cheat, beat the woman. Why are they not talking about their own problems. Mschewwww

• Bola

November 20, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Are you serious that someone ever looked up to Freeze the retard as a role model?! Anyone can be role model these days. Freeze didn’t just start yearning dust, he’s been saying crap since he was in secondary school sef. The guy has serious mental issues . I pity his current girlfriend that he is massaging her ego with all this story of Igbo women are better. When this relationship goes sour too (which it will since he’s a retard with no respect for women) we will be here to see his rants about Igbo women then.

2. Greenbeing!

November 20, 2016 at 12:44 pm

Like basketmouth said to his face @ a show,daddyfreeze should have been exchanged for a sim card by his folks as a kid!

3. Bodunade

November 20, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Dear Diary,

Alex is dog-tired.

4. Greenbeing

November 20, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Lmao..freeze,even your coworkers are calling you out..Oga when will you stop?when your family does same too?

5. A Real Nigerian

November 20, 2016 at 12:57 pm

The amount of stupid stories you see and stupid issues discussed in Nigerian media tells you a lot about this country and why it will NEVER move forward.
    From the president implying women belong in the kitchen to yoruba women making bad wives to taxing calls above 3 minutes.
    Okay.
    Dark continent. Dark people. Dark minds.

• Bodunade

November 20, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Hello baby @arealNigerian
      ‘Stupid things’ are discussed by the media all over the world. Media doesn’t imply discussion of only serious stuff. Who called our continent dark? who calls our people dark? The angels called white men. Guess what, the most foolish man in the whole world is the president-elect of the greatest nation in the world.
      If you have self-hate for land and people it’s fine but don’t make it seem like we are foolish because of our heritage.

• A Real Nigerian

November 20, 2016 at 1:31 pm

If you lack the understanding to grasp that I meant stupid things being at the forefront of the discussion in the media and amongst the people, then that is not my problem.
      Plus, your current president and the previous one are way more foolish than The Donald.
      I am warning you. Stay away from me you NIGERIAN BEAST and don’t ever call me “baby” ever again.

• Marlvina

November 20, 2016 at 8:52 pm

???? “Don’t you ever call me baby again” Oh my chest o!

• Bodunade

November 20, 2016 at 1:11 pm

*your land and your people

• EE

November 20, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Welcome to the brotherhood of the Nigerian Beasties. Long have we awaited you.

• Eeyah

November 20, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Eeyahhh. Poor poor baby!! You poor thing! Who messed you up this bad?

• EagleEye

November 21, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Preach!

6. Johnnie Onwuzulike

November 20, 2016 at 1:11 pm

I completely agree with ‘Dotun! I also would want to see the issue on the lighter waves – I didn’t read Freeze’s article, though. But, good or bad; the ethnicity of the bride does not count, at all! – only her appreciation of family values and self worth; and also, the values-disposition of her mate; for it may not matter how seemly a woman’s being; with an unseemly man, it’s crises, and vice versa! But, I still believe the duo of Freeze, and Chiekezi, meant a lighter-mood, entertainment commentary, and shouldn’t be taken out of context. Thank you

• Ms Dee

November 20, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Lighter mood and shouldn’t be taken out of context? You’re an idiot. Oponu afofun gbemu.

• Anon

November 20, 2016 at 4:09 pm

“I didn’t read Freeze’s article”
      “But, I still believe the duo of Freeze, and Chiekezi, meant a lighter-mood, entertainment commentary, and shouldn’t be taken out of context.”

Go ahead and read it then.

7. Yoruba Priestess

November 20, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Dotun
    Well done for this piece.
    That someone seemingly “aburo’ish” to this confused and unfortunate petty mongrel by the name of freeze could ever be bold as to call him out and set him straight, is a big plus.

I first saw that distasteful comment on FB by Chiekezie Dozie and I was absolutely gobsmacked that someone at that level,who is meant to know better and do better,would ever churn out such crass gutter cum beer parlor,chopping turkey conversation.
    Then alas,something Dotun said here ties in with MR.Dozie.
    His own personal experiences have so jaded him about Igbo women,that he feels the need to bundle and dump them on Yoruba men,because to him,Igbo women are the bottom of the ladder choice.
    Since we all know Mr.Dozie feels insecure around Yoruba men,to him how else to punish them but to wish IGBO women upon them.
    Before you all shoot me,kindly ask how many Igbo women Mr Dozie has been married to?
    How many Yoruba women did he try to marry,but who called his bull and walked?
    Mr.Dozie is notorious for bad mouthing IGBO women,thinking they are responsible for his failure at marriage,forgetting that a married man who delights in all his extra curricular activities is bound to get an F9.
    Do not get me started on his lack of personal hygiene,halitosis etc.
    Chiekezie,those of us that know you,know you feel inadequate around Yoruba men.
    Your deep rooted hatred for IGBO women has so blinded you that you cannot think straight again.

You know NO Yoruba woman wants you.
    Why?
    Yoruba women won’t take your shit
    Won’t take your families shit
    Are too intelligent for you
    Refuse to be your doormat
    Way too enlightened for your comfort
    Won’t accept your igbo kwenu inferiority complex ridden self!
    Will call you out anywhere,anytime
    When you are comfortable playing daddy’s boy,the Yoruba woman is out there kicking ass on her own,by herself.

We are in a country that is daily getting divided along the lines of tribe and ethnicity and this over fed moon faced,king of the round heads brat decides to go there!
    This is not what Pascal worked so hard to get you an education for!

You are a bloody fool and you owe ALL Igbo women an apology,starting with your mother!
    Yoruba men don’t even see you,so my brothers are good.

As for you Freeze.
    Mr.Okete,Mr oya!
    Jumping like a hallucinating bush rat on every damn topic!
    If such were laced with poison you would have been dead a long time ago.
    When do you want to have sense sir?
    Because you are shackking up with what? An igbo woman? All of a sudden you forgot that you come from a line of Yoruba women?
    Or was your YOruba father birthed by effigies?
    Because you had issues with your Yoruba ex wife,all of a sudden,ALL Yoruba women have become the figment of your warped imaginations!?
    Eskiss bros!
    But ori yin ti daru sir!
    I saw how you jumped on Mr.moonface dozies status on FB,itching and frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog waiting to pounce,gobble up,and regurgitate the nonsense as usual to the world.

I am a Yoruba woman.
    Proud Yoruba woman.
    From a long line of industrious,illustrious,powerful women.
    I will not sit here and boast of my feats.
    My man?
    Igbo man.
    My powerful king.
    My everything.
    If he had the brain of a retarded maggot like Uncle freeze,i wonder where we would be today!

So many powerful,wealthy,succesful Yoruba men and Igbo men and Hausa men etc,married to other tribes and their tribes.
    They did not pick wives based on what they felt they could gain!
    But off what they KNEW they would achieve together as a couple!

These two bloated agbayas should please keep their anger at whatever tribe is giving them sleepless nights in a box,lock it up,tie it to their fat waists and jump over 3mainland bridge.
    With the weight of all the anger and hate,i see them drowning in

R.I.P FOOLS!

• jay

November 20, 2016 at 1:51 pm

??????

• Nahum

November 20, 2016 at 2:04 pm

??????

• Yoruba Priestess

November 20, 2016 at 2:26 pm

What naaa??!!!

• Nahum

November 20, 2016 at 4:43 pm

@yoruba priestess don’t mind us. We love you

• swerve

November 20, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Lol. You talk too much and the only person that’ll drown from the weight of anger is you o. Breathe abeg before you explode

• Yoruba Priestess

November 20, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Gerrarahia men!!!

AHhhhhhh
      Ooohhhhh
      Ahhhhhh

Breathing!
      Happy now?

• A Real Nigerian

November 20, 2016 at 2:09 pm

Yoruba Priestess, were you possessed when you wrote this?

• Yoruba Priestess

November 20, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Looool
      Probably
      One kain annoyance just washed over me!

That irritant of a freeze na him cause am!

• Bubu

November 20, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Chaiii!! Beht why! Ur mouth is on another level oo.

• Hum

November 20, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Lol……….who else read it like incantations?

• Josephine

November 20, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Lol @ Yoruba Priestess. You told it aaalllllllllll.

• lotus flower

November 20, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Now I know why employers need to review the social media and online accounts of potential employees. Na wa o. @Yoruba priestess, your anger and insecurity are through the roof. Please take a break from the internet.

• NJideka George

November 21, 2016 at 2:03 pm

My dear You are soooo on point nothing to add. Every dick and harry is a celeb in Nigeria and for that they think highly of themselves to air their opinion in every topic.

• loool

November 24, 2016 at 12:38 am

oh, and coward priestess, did you say yoloba women wont take his shit? well, they sure are sitting there while yoloba men beat and murder them, lmao. and was it you or one of you wild animal kin that said all those men cheat or whatever? does it mean that ur Igbo man is cheating on you? I KNOW you will stay back becos una just weak like that, afonja furu efu.

8. Nahum

November 20, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Thank God!! A sensible person. OAP Dotun, you get major sense

• Eeyah

November 20, 2016 at 2:16 pm

As in! Someone SMART actually works at COOL FM? Shocks!! ? Maybe I will try tuning in again someday.

• Nahum

November 20, 2016 at 5:22 pm

I tell you o

9. Ijs

November 20, 2016 at 1:40 pm

I’ve lived in Nigeria most of my life 98percent in fact and I Never see people in terms of what tribe they come from. It’s stupid that people think that way in 2016

10. Bola

November 20, 2016 at 2:19 pm

11. bonnie gee

November 20, 2016 at 2:48 pm

@ yoruba priestess… u gt me crackin dah mom gave me er syd look. tell dem sis….. #notribeisbeta# nigerianwomenrock

12. Dele

November 20, 2016 at 2:54 pm

He is the singular reason I’ve stopped listening Coolfm, a station I grew up listening to. The Agbaya has allowed his personal experiences overtake the professional decorum needed as an OAP. He used to make sense especially on Sunday mornings when he took over from Dan Foster. He sounds more like a frustrated uncle these days.

13. Ada

November 20, 2016 at 3:02 pm

There is no way that Igbo women are more enterprising than Yoruba women.

14. concerned9a

November 20, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Of all the issues trailing Nigeria it’s inside woman matter they like to poke nose…that’s the hallmark of bitter insecure men.
    About time a man faced up to them…just watch they wouldn’t issue a rebuttal to Dotun…cowards!!
    Why not come with it like Bobrisky already! !
    Role Model?…got to be kidding me!!

15. keke driver

November 20, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Ghen Ghen.

16. Nene

November 20, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Why are people still giving freeze attention?

17. Mj

November 20, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Can freeze just freeze 4 a moment. Finally dotun is my new bae. But must freeze talk e use to make plenty sense b4.

18. Yaw

November 21, 2016 at 3:39 am

I have dated 3 igbo girls…and I must say I will never marry one. Freeze and his frozen brain.

• Not today

November 21, 2016 at 9:23 am

You went for three, you sir are the problem. Shame on you. Did Igbo girls start this war? Why are you not facing the men who started this? Man without a spine

• Obi

November 21, 2016 at 10:09 am

Girls from the east are shattered, heartbroken and in tears cos ”Yaw” 38 , single and still squatting with his home boys somewhere in Africa has refused to marry igbo girls.

• loool

November 24, 2016 at 12:33 am

YAWN, you are such a liar, please stop while you’re ahead, see mumu and Igbo women, Igbo queens and Yawn? chai, you people should face the yoroba men that are rubbing potty on your face, Igbo queens didn’t do anything to you people, we are not even on the same level, but of course they wont talk to themselves, meanwhile their men are beating and killing them left and right, useless bunch.

19. [email protected]

November 22, 2016 at 4:22 am

Aww a real Nigerian is human after all. Baby girl you are destined for great things. I propose we refer to @ a real Nigerian as Baby girl (real Nigerian) from now on.

20. Wale

November 25, 2016 at 10:15 am

Dotun is a dead presenter with the worst fake accent you can ever find and he is struggling so desperately to become relevant. He has no talent, can’t speak English and is extremely dull