Scoop

“Beyonce I was hurt…Jay Z call me bruh! I know you got killers, please don’t send them at my head” – Kanye West goes off on a Rant at his Concert

BellaNaija.com

NEW YORK, NY - OCTOBER 04:  Kanye West is seen leaving his apartment in Tribeca  on October 4, 2016 in New York City.  (Photo by Alo Ceballos/GC Images)

NEW YORK, NY – OCTOBER 04: Kanye West is seen leaving his apartment in Tribeca on October 4, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Alo Ceballos/GC Images)

Rapper Kanye West went off on a rant at his concert on Saturday night (November 19) at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California. After his rant, he abruptly ended his concert.

The 39-year-old rapper reportedly performed three songs before going off on a rant about his friends Beyonce and Jay Z.

He said,

“Beyonce, I was hurt! Cause I heard that you said you wouldn’t perform unless you won Video of the Year over me, and over ‘Hotline Bling.’ In my opinion—now, don’t go trying to diss Beyonce, she is great. Taylor Swift is great. We are all great people, we are all equal. But sometimes, we be playing the politics too much and forgetting who we are—just to win. F-ck winning! F-ck looking cool! I’ve been sent here to give y’all my truth—even at the risk of my own life, even at the risk of my own success, my own career. I’ve been sent here to give y’all the truth. Jay Z, call me, bruh! You still ain’t call me! Jay Z, call me! Jay Z, I know you got killers, please don’t send them at my head. Just call me! Talk to me like a man!”

Watch the rant below.

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Alo Ceballos/GC Images

1. A Real Nigerian

November 20, 2016 at 6:23 pm

So talented yet so unstable.

• Nakoms

November 20, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Your comments on Nigeria makes you seem unstable. I hope you’re talented though.

• Anon

November 20, 2016 at 11:59 pm

Ugh Nakoms you’re as mean and “unstable” as Hadiza. Don’t think you’re any different. You guys that drop such comments are equally as *insert negative comment* as you think Hadiza is

• A Real Nigerian

November 21, 2016 at 1:29 am

I’m talented in bed.

• tunmi

November 21, 2016 at 2:36 pm

You, you, you (wags finger). It’s good to have you here sha

2. J.M

November 20, 2016 at 6:33 pm

Very unstable, he has issues he nids to sort out

3. Me

November 20, 2016 at 6:40 pm

You know Beyoncé is the most successful of all the girls she has been friends with and I don’t think it’s just hardwork, that babe will backstab and do anything to be at the top. Even her beehive is soooo violent. JayZ comes across as sly. Kanye has his own skoin skoin but he might just be played by his friend and hurting hence the rant. But he should move on sef. Friendship is not compulsory

4. Nene

November 20, 2016 at 7:00 pm

I watched interviews of people who knew Kanye and he was always “different”. Dude has issues in his head.

5. keke driver

November 20, 2016 at 7:06 pm

This guy needs help o.

6. Bless.

November 20, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Is Kanye on drugs? These issues may certainly be real but the way he goes off on rants in public is not healthy. Talking and opening the valve to let off steam about issues can be very healing but he should hire professional help, a psychologist, to do that to/with, if talking with his wife is not enough. He can also speak confidentially with a relationship expert on his issues with his so-called friendship with Jay Z and Beyonce, get an objective viewpoint, assess everything calmly, know whether to make one last ditch effort to properly reach out to them and have a true heart to heart and make up, or, cut loose, just keep cordial, mutually respectful relations as fellow artistes, and keep it moving forward. And, seek the services of an entertainment lawyer and proper PR and Communications manager to advise him in relevant areas and then, effect whatever strategies if necessary. May he get all the help he needs.

7. Spunky

November 20, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Just singing or rapping won’t get you all the clicks and attention…drama will.

8. Nikky

November 20, 2016 at 7:16 pm

It’s just sad at this point. The black community needs to pay more attention to mental illness. These delusions and split personality he exhibits could be a bigger symptom of something. If he has folks that really love him, they should stage an intervention. Unless this is all a publicity stunt.

9. scar

November 20, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Come on Kanye… You also said you won’t show up to the Grammys unless they promise to give you Album of The Year. You tweeted it. Beyoncé is the most awarded person in VMA history. The publicity is good but I doubt she would lose sleep if she didn’t get VOTY which her fans voted for by the way. What else? Her video was about 7x better than Famous and Hotline Bling Put together and it was delusional to think either video had a real shot with Formation being in that same category.
    I think Kanye is unhinged. That isn’t the whole rant. Apparently he went ahead to take jabs at Obama and Jayz because their candidate Hillary Clinton didn’t win “This is a new world order Obama this is a new world order Kanye”. His friends and family needs to stage an intervention because it looks like we have Britney Spears 2.0 on our hands and I don’t want to hear a damn thing about how it’s his mother’s death that’s making him unhinged. This negro supports Trump which tells me everything I need to know about him
    Jay need not bother his “killers” cos the Beyhive more than got this under control. Oh wait jayz needs to “call me like a man” but you’re on stage ranting. Blue and North will never get that playdate now. Keep it cute, Man-child. Don’t hurt yourself

• keke driver

November 20, 2016 at 7:53 pm

I’m in love with you.

10. Marian

November 20, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Kinda worried about him. He needs a psych eval asap. I hope he gets the help he needs soon before he takes matters into his own hands in an unhealthy way. I really hope he’s not using drugs because that’s an overdose waiting to happen if nothing is done.

11. Lucinda

November 20, 2016 at 8:15 pm

It’s either the Carters are actually snobs according to the rumours or Kanye is having a Britney Spears umbrella moment. I don’t even think Kim knows the kind of man she married because she has said it several times that she is usually the last to see and know stuff through social media. The other time he declared his presidential bid, Kim found out on social media. What kind of marriage is that abeg.

12. Marlvina

November 20, 2016 at 8:15 pm

This is what happens to any man that joins the kardashian family. SMH! Its jst like a curse laid upon them ?. They start going gaga! See Bruce, Lamar, Scott. Watching Tyga closely ? . .You know I’m still waiting to see a sane man in or come out of that family.

• Netizen

November 20, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Oh please! Leave the kardashians out of this. Kanye has always been problematic.

• Marlvina

November 20, 2016 at 11:26 pm

Look we can’t rule out the fact that that’s one screwed up family. Whatever problems you feel Kanye has would obviously worsen now. That family has a way of wrecking one completely.

13. ab

November 20, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Poor Kim Kardash!

14. Pissed

November 20, 2016 at 8:34 pm

You forgot to mention Rob..the grown ass baby who just had a baby with a Twisted bipolar ex stripper who is also an ex and baby mama to Tyga who also is dating Kylie the sister of Rob…

• Marlvina

November 20, 2016 at 11:30 pm

??? Complex family. You know I deliberately exempted Rob cus for now he seems to be taking baby steps in life. Having a family and steady relationship, beyt there’s definitely more to come on him. . .we know how it all ends. Drama!

15. Oh please

November 20, 2016 at 8:54 pm

The worst thing that happened to Kanye was the loss of his mother. Darn loss!

• ATL's finest

November 20, 2016 at 11:38 pm

@ Oh please U are so right. I wish his mom was alive, all this won’t get out of control & same applies to the K. If Robert Kardashian Snr. Was alive, Rob Jnr & his sister WD ve been put together. I pray he gets closure cuz sth aint right with this man.

16. EC

November 20, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Awww Kanye you need a hug from a real woman like myself. You surround yourself with superficial people (wife) etc.

You are unstable and need a friendly listening ear

17. Fabulicious

November 20, 2016 at 9:26 pm

But friendship is not by force now…We can talk today and fall out tomorrow,just let it slide and make new friends…Kim come and hold your husband oooo…This is what the Kardashians people do to their men…turn them to “skoin skoin”.Kris Humphries will be thanking his stars.

18. Iris

November 20, 2016 at 10:00 pm

What will it take for the people close to him to act on the fact that this man may be mentally ill?

19. Fifi

November 20, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Another man going down the rabbit hole, they men are always unstable before they marry those ogbanjes but when they marry them its a downward spiral, Kanyes mamas family should come and carry their son ooo,ewoooo Kris Humprey and Reggie Bush would be laughing and smoking cigars now

• Pat

November 21, 2016 at 2:15 am

Lol @ “ogbanjes”

20. beauty

November 21, 2016 at 9:26 am

Something is actually wrong with Kanye. Marrying Kim is an addition to the whole merry go round.

21. Tru

November 21, 2016 at 10:33 am

Why do I feel his dramatics are staged? That he uses these rants to stay trending? Not saying he doesn’t have some form of egomania, but, not sure it’s that serious.

22. EKPO

November 22, 2016 at 9:56 am

@nikky i agree with you not trying to say this based on kanye. but generally the black community really needs to start paying attention to mental illness, if one should mention mental illness in nigeria most people will say “na for white people” but these things are eating up the Nigerian youths daily

23. Truthinwords

November 25, 2016 at 9:01 am

NO ONE KNOWS THAT THIS IS HIS PROGRAMMING GOING BONKERS AND THEY HAVE TO RE-PROGRAM HIM BEFORE HE SPILLS THE BEANS ON THE ENTIRE SATANIC ILLUMINATI INDUSTRY. HE IS BEING ATTACKED BY BEAMS AND THAT IS WHY HE IS SAYING KILLERS AT HIS HEAD. THEY SCREW WITH THE THOUGHTS AND KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH YOUR BRAIN WAVE PATTERNS AND CAN HURT YOU THROUGH MICROWAVE FREQUENCIES. EVEN SELMA BLAIR BLURTED OUT WEIRD THINGS IN A FLIGHT. SHE WAS TALKING OF THE TORTURE SHE ENDURED WHEN THE PROGRAM AND TRAIN HEr TO DO WHAT THEY WANT OR ELSE.