Scoop

Lesbian Sex Tape: “I don’t know where my daughter is” Chidinma Okeke’s Dad Declares

BellaNaija.com

Chidinma Okeke | Credit: Apple Studio

Chidinma Okeke | Credit: Apple Studio

Following the leaking of a lesbian sex tape involving former Miss Anambra, Chidinma Okeke, the family has revealed that the ex-beauty queen is missing.

Speaking to SUN, Chidinma’s father, Jeremiah Okeke, 65, said that they have handed the matter over to God, adding that the family has been going through psychological trauma and emotional distress.

“Chidinma is my own daughter, but there is nothing much I can say about this because there is a lifestyle adopted by my family. We don’t foment troubles. I, as the father, have committed everything to God in prayers. Human being cannot fight our cause but only God in heaven. We are in serious prayers for God to intervene. I don’t have anybody on earth except God,” Okeke said.

“I am confused about the whole thing as of now. It is only when I set my eyes on my daughter that I will know about all these. As it stands now, I don’t know where my daughter is,” Okeke said, responding to a question on whether his daughter had, before the release of the tape, complained about being sexually harassed.

“There are many ways God is fighting my battle. I was only five years when my father died. I don’t know whether I got up to six years before my mother died too. I don’t have anybody but it is only God that sustained me all through. It was same God that assisted me to raise and train all my children. All the family members are praying.

As it stands now, my daughter is still a small girl. I don’t know whether she is still alive or dead. But all I know is that God will prove Himself worthy to fight His children’s battle. I don’t have much to say for now.

So many people have told me to take certain actions but me and my God are still communicating through prayers. There are several ways God reveals some things to me. I am not suspecting anybody but only God knows who is behind that; whether he is human or spirit. I’m leaving whoever that is behind it to his conscience. The life of my daughter is most important to me now. Wherever she is, let her be alive for me,” he added.

Chidinma’s cousin, Blessing Chinenye Nwafor, described her as “a good girl”. “Personally, I don’t believe that she did that stuff. I am of the view that she was drugged and forced to do that thing. It is also possible that her enemies are behind that,” Nwafor added.

“My spirit tells me that Chidinma did not do that thing she was being accused of; I know her very well. I see it as something planned to smear her name and that of our entire family. It is also paining my daughter, Chinenye but I told her to relax that it was not true.

We are living in the last days. The love among brethren would grow cold. Nobody would want another person’s success. But I have not believed that stuff was true. It was forged. She could not have done that. Even if she did, know it that she was forced to do it,” Chidinma’s aunt, Hope Nwaka said.

Photo Credit: Apple Studio

1. Prize

November 5, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Too bad, just too bad

• Fleur-de-lis

November 6, 2016 at 3:49 am

Hope she has not committed suicide. Girl, if you are reading this, your father still seems to love you no matter what. Go home to him

2. Iris

November 5, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Hmm I hope she is safe and hasn’t gone to do something that will end in tragedy.

• ladytrixx

November 5, 2016 at 3:22 pm

HYPOCRITES everywhere! If this was a leaked video of two gay MEN, would people be so kind??
      Nigerians and double standards. Tufiaa!

• Agu

November 5, 2016 at 4:34 pm

I know there are a lot of gay men in Nigeria i can tell you but many of them are in the closet while being a lesbian is much accepted i don’t think gay men are there yet. when i was in seminary school we know who are gay in our school but we just don’t care as longer the are not disturbing us. i hope Nigeria realize homosexuality is natural.

• nene

November 5, 2016 at 8:19 pm

don’t mind them. she’s probably holed up in a friends house. we all know most nigerian women (single and married) are lesbians

• Iris

November 5, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Actually I am in support of gay rights. Whoever you choose to sleep with is your business as long as it is consensual and you are not being unfaithful or incestuous. I didn’t know you were a mind reader that knew what I thought about gay people before I said it. Mtchew. GTFOH

3. Mannie

November 5, 2016 at 3:07 pm

The crux of the matter here isn’t to do with Chidinma’s sexual orientation, but the fact that Chidinma’s privacy was breached by someone else. We should be asking some crucial questions about the provisions in the law for data protection and how Chidinma can use these to fight for her rights as a Nigerian. Even if Chidinma doesn’t do anything to the person that wronged her, it should be a case that the law courts ought to take on- in representation of the Nigerian people. For now, we need to find Chidinma and hope she is safe at the moment.

It’s a shame that Chidinma’s family cannot conceive of the possibility that she could be a lesbian or bisexual. Chidinma has every right to have sex with a woman and record it if she chooses and it should not be a factor that taints her personality negatively. Her cousin saying that Chidinma wouldn’t have sex with a woman because “she is a good girl”

Chidinma, if that person in the tape is you, and you inhibit feelings of a sexual nature towards other women; I want you to know that you are an awesome person. Your sexual orientation is not a “bad thing”. We love you and we would only want to see you love yourself!! (this message goes out to all my LGBTQ BNers too). I hope you get found soon.

• Mannie

November 5, 2016 at 3:10 pm

As pertains the sex tape issue, if Chidinma was indeed drugged or forced to have sex with another woman, it is truly sad and my heart goes out to her.

• PAUL ADEYEMO

November 5, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Stop your gibberish as if you live in MARS. We have values and morals despite the fact that our hypocrisy is well above roof. Chidinma has no right to adopt a lesbian lifestyle in our country, we have norms and driven by a culture. How many of you guys can condone your son adopting a gay lifestyle. Stop this you foreign culture craze, 70 years ago in the USA, homosexuality was considered as a mental illness, in Nigeria, we still regard it as one, maybe 70 years later, things may be different but as of today, that is where we are. Chidinma was not a lesbian, its just obvious, she was either lured, threatened or drugged for that scene.

• Mannie

November 5, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Chidinma has every right to engage in whatsoever sexual experience she wishes to indulge in as long as it is consensual and does not cause distress to the other counterpart involved. I would gladly condone and support any of my future children if (s)he indicates that she/he is lesbian/gay/bisexual etc.

Being gay/lesbian/bisexual is not a choice, but an innate part of one’s identity which ought to be respected and expressed within our society. It is sad that Nigeria’s leadership through the justice system and constitution still treats its LGBTQ community as the scum of the earth. But It is up to every peace-loving Nigerian to rise above this shallow mentality and condemn this prevailing perception. I choose to stand with my fellow Nigerians and BNers in the LGBTQ community against such discrimination.

I would argue that our value and morals-to an extent- invites us to be welcoming to anyone and everyone regardless of who they are. We see this through various cultural displays (facial depictions on masquerades come to mind). However, it is up to us to keep questioning our values and morals in a bid to understand ourselves as our society evolves. So Paul, please don’t try to purport our culture to be this divisive and toxic element that rips the people apart.

• Agu

November 5, 2016 at 4:31 pm

What if Chidimma is a lesbian i don’t see anything wrong in woman being a lesbian.

• anon

November 5, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Thank you mannie. It is the principle that counts. Nobody deserves to have their privacy breeched in the way this girls’ has been. Also because of the way it is in Nigeria youths need to be careful. Blackmail is not a crime in Nigeria. Often the blackmailer is vindicated. Twisted but normal in Nigeria. There is the whole other matter of her being drugged. That needs to be investigated to.

4. JOYOUS

November 5, 2016 at 3:56 pm

DRUGED OR FORCED? REALLY ? PLS WATCH THAT VIDEO AGAIN AND SE THE EXPRESSION ON HER FACE THAT DOESNT LOOK LIKE DRUG OR DISTRESS ………IF THATZ HER LIFESTYLE IS LEFT FOR GOD TO JUDGE HER NOT HUMANS BUT LYING ABOUT IT IS WHY AM COMMENTING.

• ano

November 5, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Tbh I havent watched the video. And i wont. For me thatll be like collaborating with her blackmailers. Blackmailers are disgusting. Its good that you have thoroughly examined it to your satisfaction and concluded that she wasnt. And dont get me wrong i am sincerely not trying to excuse what may appear to be a consenting lesbian relationship. If shes consenting there is NO CRIME. The crime or crimes are her being recorded without her consent, it being broadcasted without her consent and the worrying ?drugged theory.

5. bruno

November 5, 2016 at 4:07 pm

@ladytrix xx

thanks. if a man just wears little make up, u will see the outrage.example bob risky.

what of the on air personality that admitted to having lesbian sex. go and read the comments. nobody queried her for sleeping with another woman and admitting it. if it was a man wouldn’t they be shouting 14 years, if u come to warri I will kill u etc.

two women having sex doesn’t threatened anyone. men like it and women don’t mind. but when it comes to two men, na wahala be that oh. outrage, sodom and gomorahh, end times, we need to teach our young blah blah blah, we have culture, we are africans. thats what they will be shouting.

u see no problem with two women but when it comes to men u are angry and threatened, why?

6. john

November 5, 2016 at 4:22 pm

7. john

November 5, 2016 at 4:23 pm

why hasnt she been arrested yet..what are the police doing ..is it not 14 yrs as requested by the law..if it were gay men..I bet they would have been arrested , if not killed already.

8. Agu

November 5, 2016 at 4:29 pm

What is the big deal about woman being a lesbian or a man being gay. the sad part is Nigeria’s are always shock on why UK and USA and Israel are so progressive and rich countries the only reason is because the accepted this freedom for people to love who the want or be with whom ever the want. Nigeria have a long way to go before the develop that type of progressive mindset it might not be in my lifetime.

• Wintour

November 6, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Come on Agu, i doubt it is even up to 10 years that homosexuals have been allowed to marry and adopt children. Not long ago, it was not unlawful to discriminate against them.
      In some of these countries mentioned by you, the so called “gay agenda” has been forced onto the people.
      In France for instance, the majority was against. In the UK, you hear of numerous cases where catholics have been served a fine for discriminating against gays in the sale of goods and much more.
      I agree, consented adults are free to enjoy sex with whoever they see fit and it should not be anybody’s business to have an opinion on that matter.
      However, we need to accept that some tradition or culture may not be ready to adopt such lifestyles and therefore, homosexuals need to remain in the closet until further notice.
      See Western people criticising Senegal et al for not giving enough rights to queers, but they will not tolerate polygamy in their land.

9. Ayodeji

November 5, 2016 at 5:00 pm

I think women get insecure about gay power but doesn’t care about 2 dikes getting it..

10. ladytrixx

November 5, 2016 at 5:03 pm

@Agu, abeg oo.. I do not support gays. My only point is that people should be fair in their judgement. Chidinma did something vile & despicable and shouldn’t be given a pass just because she’s a lady..

• Ms Dee

November 5, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Your ignorance is appalling. “Vile and despicable” you say? What is vile and despicable about having sex with someone else and recording it? Or is it because it is of the same sex? No 1. Get an education. and no, I don’t mean School. No 2. If it is a bad thing to be a Lesbian or a gay person, then go on your knees and pray for mercy for these people while loving them. Because that is what God wants. No 3. Desist from typing on a public platform until you understand English.

11. Author Unknown

November 5, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Comments from her family sef are enough to put immense pressure on the poor girl, and put her to shame. What is describing her as a “good girl” or that “my spirit tells me she cannot do that thing”? What if she willingly participated in the sexual act, but didn’t realise it was being taped, What if at the time she consented to it being taped? Does that now make her a “bad girl”? Let’s all remember that when we’re in a crisis, our family should be the one we turn to.

12. Zee

November 5, 2016 at 6:50 pm

She saw d person recording dat video n never told her to stop (her cos i saw d long nails) i don’t understand why ppl bringing up all des denial n holier than thou crap! She did it…move on and leave her alone. Why must we always over flog some issues?? I hope she’s learnt something from dis n ensures she never partakes in sexual orgies on camera

13. Abbiee

November 5, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Enough on this girl already ##yawns#

14. Ariere

November 5, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Her family is only making the matter worse. Too bad. Ur daughter needs all the love, acceptance and protection a family can give right now.

Do your Fucking job!

15. Serene

November 5, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Chidinma’s aunty, even a good girl can have sex. That Chidinma indulged in that very act doesn’t make her a bad person. The girl in that video was not drugged. It may have been just a fun time that got into the wrong hands.
    Chidinma, own whatever comes with the indecent exposure, don’t harm yourself. Hold ur peace and hope for the best life holds for you. Your life shd not end because something you did (which didn’t harm anyone) got exposed

16. Amy

November 6, 2016 at 1:03 am

Chei, I just hope this girl won’t commit suicide.
    I hope too her parents are doing their best to look for her.

Ofcourse they are embarrassed and would prefer to believe that she’s not the one in the video or that she was drugged but they should just focus now on getting her back home and showing her love and help to stay on the right path.

Whether she’s the one in the video, drugged or blackmailed is not the main issue now. It’s her safety and health that they should focus on. Later they will get all that details from her.

She should go back home,learn from her mistake. Though this might not be easy, it would take sometime.

I don’t understand what the person that leaked the video thinks he/ she would gain.

For those that say there’s nothing wrong with being a lesbian or gay na wa for una oo.
    No matter how hard you try to convince people that it’s ok, it’s still wrong.

Sexual attraction to and having sex with a member of the same sex, to an animal, or to a child is unnatural.-Romans 1:26, 27, 32.

I don’t hate homosexuals but I’m not in support of their conduct. I also think it’s wrong to engage in hate crimes or bullying of gays.

As imperfect humans we sometimes have wrong desires but we can choose NOT to act on them. So if you find yourself developing sexual attraction for a member of the same sex CHOOSE NOT to act on such improper sexual urges. This is might not be easy BUT it is possible.

If someone made a mistake and engaged in sexual relations with a member of the same sex or is currently practicing homosexuality the person can change.
    Yes, it’s not going to be immediately but gradually the person can change. Even if such thoughts come up again the person can decide not to nurture or act on such improper urges.

God designed sex to be engaged in only between a male and a female and only within the arrangement of marriage. (Genesis 1:27, 28; Leviticus 18:22; Proverbs 5:18, 19)

• Blueivy

November 6, 2016 at 9:13 am

Hey sista you are a saint. I’ve read about a few sister Theresa and that one that wore pure cotton rags Ghandi.nReading this your righteous epilogue I am sure when you get the CHEAP urge to buy a fabric made out of mix material you have the supernatural strength to detect the 0.01% of mix in it and when your pocket agitates against the price of PURE COTTON , the spirit leads you to grow your own cotton, and process your own material. Because sista as you know it is written in Leviticus 19:19 and Deuteronomy 22:12. I’m very sure sista when bella publish their asobi wedding edition you kneel down in earnest prayer praying for the lost souls sinfully wearing mixed material. In fact I think I have read a similarly long thesis you wrote on how you don’t hate people who wear mixed cotton material but cannot keep quiet about how sinful it.. Infact if I’m not mistaken you spoke about how u would rather go naked than to stray away from biblical laws and wear mixed cotton. It is in that spirit you have written this your long epilogue. Thank you sista the world needs more of your kind to lead the lost by setting the most holy examples. And not being afraid to speak out against EVERYONE not following the laws as set out in the old and New Testament. And Amy (I’m sure that’s your real name as lying is a temptation your type has over come as the world has overcome hypocrisy) this girl in question after reading your most earnest epilogue will rise above any SUCIDAL ideation as your epilogue would have restored her faith in our non judgmental, unbiased society. Happy Sunday. I would have loved to invite you to my home for a Sunday meal but we use crayfish in everything we eat even cakes. Please pray for me sista.

17. Nweke valentine

November 7, 2016 at 10:57 am

i blame it to the moral and parental upbringing little comment still goes to the infleunce of her bad frnds………its a pity tho