Scoop

RMD Pens an Important message for his Sons on Social Media

RMD Dear SonVeteran actor Richard Mofe-Damijo has penned an important message for anyone who regards himself as his son on social media.

The HUSH superstar wrote on Instagram:

TAG A SON…
Dear Son,
I’m writing to you today because there is no day “internationally” set aside for the “boy child”, so, tired of looking on in horror as you constantly shock and embarrass me, this is from daddy to you.

I’m shocked at how many of you carry yourselves here on social media. I am shocked at the things you L O L at. I am worried at the way you speak
to and about women.

I am frightened at the kinds of things that inspire and motivate you.

I am concerned that the women who get your attention are not the virtuous, brilliant types but the frivolous party, skimpily clad ones.

I am disappointed to see that the pictures you fall over yourselves double tapping are not the inspirational quotes or of clean, beautiful modest women but of women with their breasts, thighs and bottoms spilling over.

I cringe at how many of you blatantly use swear and curse words at women like it makes you cool.

I am distraught to see that many of you insinuate that a man who loves and stays with one woman is a wimp, that a man who publicly displays and speaks about his love for his woman is a “jew man”, that a man who is more interested in deeply spiritual and intellectual pursuits should be shamed…

I am worried son, deeply worried.

My dear son, being uncouth, indecent, unintelligent is NOT cool and contrary to what you think, the man who stays on social media looking for naked ladies to validate, smart people to shame, brilliant people to tear down, celebrities to attack are NOT men but little boys battling low self esteem issues.

A real man loves God and is not ashamed to show it. He loves and respects women. He does not ask for nudes and if any misguided woman sends him her nudes respectfully deletes it and not use it as a blackmailing tool. A real man reads, yes, he reads a lot. He picks his mentors wisely, thinks before he speaks and reads his comments over and over before he hits send.

Dear son, do not let the “anonymity” of social media make you a fool rather use it to shine and be kind, reasonable and sensible at all times because that is the man I desire to see you be.
Love,
Daddy
#RMDSaysSo

1. Def

November 26, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Dear Dad,
    If you had trained me up in the way I should go I would not depart from it.
    I took care of me. Found values and solace were I shouldn’t.
    As a dad if you hadn’t left me and had been there I would have been like how I should.
    Maybe someday I will find me.
    Love son.

• Deb

November 26, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Typical of this generation, we refuse to take responsibility for our choices. Blame our parents, teachers, the government, everyone but us.

Love,
      An appalled millennial

• EE

November 26, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Quit your virtue signalling, traitor!.

Just listen to yourself, if your parents don’t raise you well, your teachers don’t teach you right and your government keep you safe, then who will???

“You choose to ogle, you choose to shame, you choose not to read…you choose to be you.”

Go through your Mom’s old magazines I assure you, these things did not start with us. However then as now, the virtuous still lived in plain sight. Unlike RMD and co, who ate, wiped their mouths and are now pretending asceticism.

Love,

A Generational Patriot

• [email protected]

November 26, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Very typical, as long as we find someone else to blame we would never get it right!!!

• Amaka

November 26, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Even if your parents made mistakes, must you follow suit. Can’t they quickly warn you before you fall? Can’t they show you the right path because they fell on an old path. Must you go to jail because your dad did.

• Bruness

November 28, 2016 at 1:29 am

@ Deb if I could like your comment a million times I would!!!!!!!!! God bless!!!

• Dear Son

November 26, 2016 at 3:38 pm

Dear Son, if I knew how I would have been the father you expected. But I am not. I am the man my father made me. I am the men I shaped myself after. But that’s on me. If I was there maybe you would have inherited my dysfunction, who knows? Now you can be the better man of both of us. The man who I should have been. Don’t let me stand in your way as I stood in mine. Don’t become me.

• FasholasLover

November 26, 2016 at 9:35 pm

RMD CEO Internet warrior. Lead by example and ur son(s) will follow and not depart from your legacy. iF l talk now BN will not post. You are such a good man yet, had unprotected sex and had a child out of wedlock to your “virtuous” wife. Warri no dey carry last. Okuuuriiin sha. RMD, you are one to talk. Mtscheeeeew.

• Abba.

November 26, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Dear @DAFT, oh, sorry, @DEAF: RMD does NOT need to go on the same social media he’s talking about to speak to his own biological “”son””” (or, sons). I know that, clearly lacking any yourself, it is difficult for you to credit anyone else with even a modicum of intelligence but strain everything within you to do so for RMD and know that he most especially will NOT go on social media to do what is in effect rebuke, his own child, openly before the entire world..

RMD was writing to YOU.

It’s called literary liberty.

RMD was writing to you and by your response you have completely validated every worry and concern he raised and you have completely vindicated him in the need for him to write that letter.

He wrote to you and all your ilk, and he wrote to all the youth, all the young men, and, indeed, all the human males (I feel I should use the definition: men, wisely, as it may connote some maturity and other qualities absent in the demographic of all ages, unfortunately, that RMD’s words address) today.

• Biker Chic

November 27, 2016 at 12:10 pm

@Abba, such illusion of grandeur. You waste of space. You think you alone went to school? Useless thing. @Def definitely understands what RMD is on about. His generation has failed the youths of today and the nation. So, pls. do me some favour you and your ilk yes, l’m using your uncouth words to describe you to get lost and lest others air their opinion bloody son/daughter of a night street hawker and an unknown father.

• henrique

November 27, 2016 at 5:52 am

ODE, no wonder ur name is def – a.k.a DEAF, is dat all u’ve got to say, its fools and idiots like u that daddy is refering to, bye products of wasted generation

• Teju TJ

November 27, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Yoruba people say: to ba ko e nile, ko tun tun ara e ko – which means that when they train you at home, you too, you should train yourself. My daddy did this. My mummy did that, is it not your life. Why not take some responsibility for your own life. Take charge. I hate mummy and daddy puppets. Have your mummy and daddy not lived their own lives?

2. Waterloo

November 26, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Uncle Freeze…..have you hear? Grow up.

3. EE

November 26, 2016 at 2:08 pm

So many contradictions.

Our resident bash team, will you celebrate the ‘Nigerian men’ bashing or condemn him for daring to tell women how to dress and behave??

• Puzzles

November 26, 2016 at 2:27 pm

hahahaha…I’m also waiting for comments

I wish every father lived by example rather than post this advice on social media. At the end of the day, many youths are imitating the examples of the male members of their families and their behavior are tolerated by the female members of their families

4. GY Online NG

November 26, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Interesting..

5. Femi

November 26, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Thanks Daddy

6. Mama

November 26, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Well written! Hope they read and digest this.

7. Marlvina

November 26, 2016 at 3:03 pm

Now this is the kind of guidance and admonition we want to receive and from people like RMD no be Charly Boy. Smh! Practice what you preach sir! Sigh! ? No be to just carry laptop dey type, typing to whom exactly sir? ? And dem haters are free to tag along, as you wish. ?

• A Real Nigerian

November 26, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Your foolishness is of epic proportions.
      You have never made sense before.
      In a comments section that has Lemme Rant, Angela and Paul Adeyemo, someone said you are by far the dumbest person here. What does that say about you?
      Na wa o.

• A dumb nigerian

November 26, 2016 at 5:19 pm

@A real nigerian, you are the dumbest Nigerian ever! so you have brought your foolishness and stupidity here? I would’ve said you are as dumb as the devil, but the devil controls hell and administers discipline. So, he clearly has a little bit of sense. You are the dumbest thing on earth. Dummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!

• Marlvina

November 26, 2016 at 5:20 pm

A case of a pot calling kettle black! You seem to be the most stupid on this blog! Like who cares what you or any other thinks? Should that define me? NO!! So stray away you sick dog!

• Darius

November 26, 2016 at 6:02 pm

And the award for the dumbest Nigerian goes to………………………………………..suspense………………suspense………… …………suspense……………………..suspense……………………………… The Real Nigerian! ( a thunderous applause)

• Marlvina

November 26, 2016 at 6:20 pm

@Darius ??? na real thunderous applause for the “Real Nigerian”. He/she’s always trailing, like he/she’s paid to comment on every post.

• CJ.

November 26, 2016 at 10:52 pm

@Darius, please do not credit that epitome of fakeness, confusion and self-hate with actual Nigerian ethnicity or citizenship. She is never a Nigerian. Most everyone on this blog has seen through that lie.

And, if it were not so sad, I’d laugh to see her calling !Marlvina or anyone else unintelligent. Apart from the very disturbing evidence that she really, truly seems to have no other life except on BN, having the time and energy to troll multiple comments on multiple posts, and sometimes, almost all the comments on some posts, I mean, even posts that have heavy traffic, apart from that, in the content of some of her comments, most especially those in which she is spewing her usual poison about Nigeria, Nigerians, Nigerian men, Africa, Africans, African men, women, etc, she actually sounds quite demented. Basket-case is way too mild a description for her.

I saw, once, a series of comments she had posted telling BN to post her earlier comment and the kind of over- intensity and irrationality the explosive, uncontrollable anger, as she was swearing at BN, using all kinds of swear words … honestly, it was very disturbing, very sad to see. Even if it was your first time of coming across her comments, you couldn’t but wonder (well, actually, not wonder but conclude) about the mental state of the individual. All that anger, all that series of comments, all those kinds of words, just because a comment wasn’t posted as quickly as she would have liked. And, I saw the original comment, which BN, had posted by the time I was reading that page, and there wasn’t anything earthshaking, valuable or new in it to warrant such excitement of emotion on her part but because the only life she has is on BN …. I guess BN not posting her comment was equivalent to her being denied of oxygen.

• Lala

November 26, 2016 at 6:13 pm

You are the type of women RMD is asking his son to avoid. Go and read about the women RMD has been married to in his life. The late May Ellen Ezekiel (of the You and Mee show) and Jumobi. At least, he has practiced what he’s preaching.
      Don’t let me stop you, go ahead and splash out on your idiocy like Engoz pointed out under the Charlie Boy post!

• A Real Nigerian

November 26, 2016 at 6:34 pm

“You are the type of women RMD is asking his son to avoid”
      Hahaha hahaha haha haha haha!
      And the mumu is here praising RMD ????

• Marlvina

November 26, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Wetin ds one they rant sef? ? Hope u know I was referring to Charly boy about practising what he preaches and not RMD? Smh! You seem confused ma. Try to comprehend the line of argument and not just picking on the comments of others.

• Marlvina

November 26, 2016 at 6:37 pm

@Lala

8. olawale

November 26, 2016 at 3:15 pm

motivating dad, I believe that’s enough for us all. its well understanding cause am also a victim which am involved. but after reading my big dads article I think am gonna need to change my way of life. thanks big dad.

9. Rwen

November 26, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Thank you very much RMD. We’re glad you noticed.

May your kind increase. Once again, thank you.

10. Fleur

November 26, 2016 at 3:20 pm

On, Nigeria has lost its way. RMD at least in the public eye has never done those things. He loved May Ellen Ezekiel but many of you no go remember because you were still beast freeing or you were still ova…do you know what ova means since your schools have shortchanged your brains. Please let us stop and reflect and not be quick to condemn because the bearer of the advice is not Jesus. Question-is he telling the truth or lying regarding the despicable nature of the behaviors you have all come to embrace in the name of being mullenials?

RMD-well said coming from someone that youth of today will beg to be defiled by for $10 worth of snacks, dirty dancing and stupid bragging rights.

• EE

November 26, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Hian, is today reserved for an inter-generational battle??

The generation that introduced AIDS, abortion and cocaine into Nigeria are now forming piety.

God dey!

“schools have shortchanged your brains.” The schools run by whom?? what generation,

• Marian

November 26, 2016 at 4:45 pm

I read this after charly boys own and was like chei! I thought our generation was actually changing things o. Less polygamy and more working wives. Domestic violence has gone down sef as more women now know they have options which is now contributing to the increase in divorce.
      Glad i was born in this generation sha. My husband has done all the cooking this week cuz i’ve been really exhausted from work and he’s on break. Say this was 30yrs ago, not sure he would have done it.
      It is well. The previous generation were perfect and did no wrong. It’s not like most of the pastors of the big churches in naija are over 50 or anything. It’s all good.

• Fleur

November 26, 2016 at 8:08 pm

So because one generation created failure for you-or so you think, your sole objective in life should be to warmly embrace and endorse this blighted future? Or do you fight back and resist when someone else or another group tries to foist their madness on you?
      Also, abortion has been with humanity for the longest time. Before the advent of real medicine, na herbs dem dey use.

• Rahama

November 26, 2016 at 8:10 pm

You again. SMH. So clueless…so immature…so shortsighted. Let’s see how you think 10 years from now. Thank God the internet never forgets, come back in 10 years and read your comments, I’m sure you’ll die of shame and cringe in embarrassment

• Luqman

November 27, 2016 at 11:49 am

EE,I wouldn’t have commented on this topic, but I saw your contributions on Charlie boy’s article, which I partially aligned with; I am of the different opinion when comparing generation to generation.

Firstly, the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s generation had to cope with the civil war; changing of government from military to civilian and vice versa, so Nigeria of those days was still trying to find a balance. Although, there is no excuse for failure. I remember the first day my Grandma took me to school as a young chap to register and I got rejected because my right hand could not touch the left ear – who does that? while some people were going to the afternoon schools under 30 degree Celsius. Upon that, you had to deal with soldiers in every nook and cranny. Things are pretty much easier nowadays as compared to those days.
      Secondly, the people of those generations that I mentioned above really tried all their possible best to challenge the totalitarian system of government (military), you wouldn’t understand what challenges they faced then unless you walked in their shoes, it was that so bad in the majority of African countries. If it wasn’t apartheid, it would be Coup and no Coup would be carried out without shedding the innocent blood.

Thirdly, the only blame I can accord to those generations is that when things were going in their ways, they would relax and failed to look inward into the future because Civil servants could afford brand new cars; had an access to whatever they imagined. I even have an Aunt that traveled to the US in the early 90’s just for holiday and returned. She was only working at the local government – She later said in the early 2000’s that if she knew that Nigeria would be like this, she wouldn’t have returned.

However, they were so wastage then to the extent that they would find an avenue to lavish money, which made them form a caucus within themselves by rotating a meeting once their salaries were being paid. Nigeria in those days is very similar to the life the westerners are living now, they have everything in their possessions, they could afford whatever they want, but at the end of the day, they can’t save anything because of the mortgage here and there; this is the more reason why many of them are suffering from depression. In a nutshell, hardly you will see them complaining because they believe that things are going in the right direction and it is the same reason why most European economies are going down the drain if not for EU.

Finally, this generation should blame less and deal with the situations, let us assume that those people before us have failed us, it is high time to stop pointing fingers and move forward. Moreover, we are dealing with the Civilians unlike those before us. People should make use of social media in a positive ways to get what they want rather than using it for something that is amounting to nothing.

I pray this generation will not witness the civil war and the incident that happened between 92-93. E no easy.

11. Suga

November 26, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Thank you very much Daddy, I believe it’s never too late for one to change his or her ways for the best! Love you more!….. Him whom have ear let him hear!

12. Beard gand

November 26, 2016 at 4:36 pm

awww.. 60s chivalrous gentleman who exudes statesmanly attributes, adorned with social graces, proper etiquettes and speaks with tasteful language
    f#ck all that…lol.. i am a 90s gangsta who acts according to today’s women ( most of which are bereft of ladylike mannerisms, dress like hookers, illogically assertive and speak without caution)

13. Omomoleigha Victor

November 26, 2016 at 4:41 pm

this is beautiful.. love it so much.. am just too worried and afraid of what our kids will become tomorrow.. God Take control..

14. Ajala & Foodie

November 26, 2016 at 5:04 pm

Do we realize how contradictory we are as women? When someone writes addressing women we complain that he did not address men. Some one addresses men and it is still an issue. There really is no pleasing us, is there now??? I don’t know what RMD does, but that he used his platform to address a topic that many have been clamoring for, is a positive stance. Can’t we just accept it for what it is??? That a man is finally addressing his fellow men? We get upset when men tell us that we, women folk don’t know what we want. Maybe it’s because many of us really don’t!!! as portrayed by the many comments on this write up.

Secondly about the nurture aspect of things, there comes a time in one’s life when we can decide to be the change we want to see, i.e that daddy/mummy was absent does not mean as an adult I keep making the same mistakes my father made. IT BECOMES MY CHOICE!!! MY ACTIONS and no one else’s and I need to own up to them to be the best God has called me to be. I personally choose not to repeat the mistakes I saw my parents make in life.

On another note, thank God for long weekends!!!

• tunmi

November 27, 2016 at 5:24 pm

“Do we realize how contradictory we are as women?”
      1. Women are not one person. Women will not all agree with something and neither will they disagree with something.
      2. Stop seeing women, multiple people, as one. Stop assuming women speak with one voice
      3. Women are individuals. So far, the opinions of individuals on this blog has not changed that much. There has been some progress but individuals have been constant.
      4. Whatever “contradictions” here are coming from men.

15. A Real Nigerian

November 26, 2016 at 5:06 pm

@EE
    What do you mean by the generation that introduced abortion and AIDS? Or even cocaine?
    Are those the things that matter? Talk about the introduction of the widespread, unending corruption that has doomed us. That is WHAT matters!
    How do you think someone who has AIDS would feel reading your comment? Or someone who had abortion for valid reasons? Or a recovering cocaine addict who was dragged into a life of drugs?
    Talking about piety, what? Look at how you’re making it look as if these things and the people in society who are affected by them are the worst of the worst, when in reality, it is FAR from the truth. Making it seem as if Nigeria was one perfect society before “that generation” introduced these things, as if a total cleansing of people who abort or AIDS patients would suddenly make things better. Ahn ahn?
    Aren’t there many societies with AIDS, abortion and drug issues that have progressed? Why are you making AIDS patients and drug addicts feel like dirt? Yes, these are things society would be better off without but learn to pass across your message well especially on sensitive issues like abortion, AIDS and drug abuse.
    We on BN all like to feel perfect because most of us here were born with silver spoons and had the very best given to us at most points and across most areas of our life. Please have some empathy.
    That might not be what you meant but that is how it came across: condescending and self-righteous.

• Darius

November 26, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Na who long story don help? Dummy!

• Lala

November 26, 2016 at 6:17 pm

Typical!
      No ink is worth educating your type. O Ma se o!

• EE

November 26, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Sorry, wasn’t the point I wanted to make.

My point was, the previous generation always feels the one below them is decadent. The ones who sold their brothers into slaver felt the ones who started wearing trousers were bad, and so on.

16. Beard gang

November 26, 2016 at 5:32 pm

bellanaija kudos! you censored my comment! meanwhile hadiza and sugabelly make disparaging comments about men and you publish them… your blog is become too ‘effeminate’…its all good sha… with or without my comments your blog is still kicking…just don’t let your heads become cocky thinking that losing one reader does not mean shit… is there no disclaimer attatched to your blog about comments? a fellow reader once called me a ‘fucking retard’ and you published it ..i made a rather truthful statement about what your RMD said and you censor me ..lol… bellanaija is actually were i like to unwind and read inspiring, motivational and funny stories and also learn (via comments) but lately its become a haven for misandrists and bellanaija pleases them with controversial stories and publishes their vile comments…well goodluck with that and more power to your elbows… nice weekend

• Beard gang

November 26, 2016 at 5:34 pm

becoming*** typos! gosh

17. goodgirl

November 26, 2016 at 5:38 pm

real nigerian you have plenty time o…see how you comment non stop..i hail o

• Troll gang

November 26, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Fake Nigerian is a troll. THIS is ITS day job.

18. Darius

November 26, 2016 at 6:49 pm

@Lala, do yourself a favour: find a cesspit and eat all the shit in it, or better still, find a transformer and give it a bear hug. Ode! Olodo!

19. AceOfSpades

November 26, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Do you guys know ASUU just called of the strike? The strike is what birthed the like of A Real Nigerian so it’s really no use calling her out.
    Buhari don fail her so she’s taking out all those pain on everyone she can find. Take a hug dear, it will get better IJN.

• Darius

November 26, 2016 at 7:24 pm

@AceofSpades, so she’ll be going back to school, and we won’t have to read her useless comments again. Praise God! She is such a butthole! A pain in the ass!

• A Real Nigerian

November 26, 2016 at 7:39 pm

??????????????

20. meninnist

November 26, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Dear Richard mofe damijo,

You are our daddy let us talk now.
    You campaigned for political thieves men who are wealthier than you but you could not come out and condemn them when they were exposed.

You campaigned, did business ass kissed, accepted political appointmemts while you kept your own children far away in yankee especially those daughters of yours. You became friends with men who use young women without fathers as sex toys and side chicks, you never came out to condemn them. You joined a political party laughed drank and enjoyed being part of a political class full of hypocrites. You assisted your friends by being too coward enough to condemn them. Yet you talk down to young men.

If james ibori is released you will be among the first to welcome him, plan and be his boy boy all over again. You maybe be a big man to young boys…. but you are a small boy to big men.

Sincerely,
    Nigerias son.

• "changing moniker"

November 27, 2016 at 9:11 pm

Wawuuu

21. Dee

November 26, 2016 at 8:55 pm

I love this… well said, RMD.

22. mr x

November 26, 2016 at 9:49 pm

WTF ?. There are more important issues RMD. For example ginger for equal rights for women in Nigerian. More opportunities for the girl child. .

• Neemo

November 27, 2016 at 7:35 am

There can’t be equal rights or opportunities for women until men top seeing women as sexual objects. There needs to be a paradigm shift first, therefore RMD is right to write this.

• xoxo

November 27, 2016 at 2:04 pm

You’re right. But until majority of Nigerian women stop portraying themselves as sexual objects with nothing else to offer, then just maybe equal rights will start to see the light of day.

23. Zifa

November 26, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Has that cooling device written a rejoinder yet?

• See

November 27, 2016 at 10:05 am

Hahaha. Freeze o, they are awaiting your robust take on this matter.

• Nv

November 28, 2016 at 10:18 am

‘that cooling device’
      bwahahahahaha!!!! OMG, comment of the year!! Brilliant!

24. Mo'Diva

November 28, 2016 at 11:08 am

RMD 1 million likes!!!!!!