Features

Aunty Bella: Miss What Should I Do With My Life?

BellaNaija.com

dreamstime_m_30996740Aunty Bella is our  agony aunt column on BellaNaija. We launched this column in the early days of BN and periodically feature issues sent in by BN readers.We hope the BN family can offer insightful advice.

***

Good day Bners,

I was hoping I could get some advice on here because I don’t think I am thinking well anymore.

So I have a job that curently pays N100k per month. I am grateful for the job but it is not a job I really like. I have worked here a little over a year now and I was hoping I would have figured out myself by now. I actually did not apply for the job directly, the employer got my cv from jobberman.

The thing is I don’t really know what I want to do in life (strange, I know). All I know is that I pick up interest in things easily and then loose interest again. Today I love baking, event planning, next I want to be a makeup artist, next I want to be an actress then later I want to be a newscaster, next I want to be a dancer.It’s ridiculous and I am officially tired of myself.

The problem I am having now is that my lack of interest in my current job is starting to affect my work. Like I am supposed to submit a report on the 8th and this is 12th and I am not bothered secretly praying they fire me so that I can be free. This is not normal. I mean if I am fired I do not have another job and life is hard on them streets.

Also I don’t want to leave the company on a bad note but I genuinely do not care about the job . I am seriously trying but when I take 5 steps forward I end up taking 8 backwards.

I really need advice. What can I do? Is this a phase?

Ps- I am 23 years old and I have a bsc. And oh I have a 1st class and so people expect so much from me. It is wasn’t easy for my parents especially my dad to get fees to pay for my education. Not like we were suffering or any of that but I could tell that it wasn’t exactly conveninet but he wanted the best for me (went to a private univeristy) . The least I could do was focus on my education and then came the 1st class. I don’t exactly consider myself brilliant to be honest. I made sure I did assignments and read hard for tests and then chill in exam since I know that worse case scenario I would get 70 over 100 on the dot. That is what I used to tell myself then.

The issue now is need serious advice. Or do I need prayers? I am confused.

Photo Credit: Dreamstime

1. A Real Nigerian

December 12, 2016 at 3:17 pm

Go and marry.

• Binam

December 12, 2016 at 3:56 pm

What a mean thing to say. If you didn’t have a solution to proffer,you shouldn’t have posted a comment you mean numbskull. The lady is productive, unlike you. You sit your jobless ass all day, doing practically nothing, posting insensitive comments on BN.

• Authentic Sunshine

December 12, 2016 at 4:25 pm

You need a year to travel, see and explore the world, You are sooo young and really wouldn’t appreciate the job or it’s responsibilities. You can learn a new skill while trying to figure it out. Try a new language, swimming….something different. You are smarter than you give yourself credit for. You’ll be fine.

• Eagleeye

December 12, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Like marriage is the crowning joy of all life’s efforts. Very retarded way of thinking

• Kelly

April 3, 2017 at 12:21 am

what a retard!

2. Lola

December 12, 2016 at 3:20 pm

I would advise to stick to your day job for now. You say you are interested in one thing on the other. Have you considered doing one of those things on the side probably weekend like in the case of the event planning or bake and give to people for free and get there exact feedback on it. If you find any of your other interests fulfilling and rewarding financially eventually then you can leave your current job. Don’t let the pressure of everyone’s expectations about you derail you for now. You would eventually figure it out. Don’t give up

3. Akpo Uyeh

December 12, 2016 at 3:24 pm

u need prayers..you dont know what you have till you lose it

• Olori

December 12, 2016 at 5:47 pm

You are very stupid, not insulting you but telling you what you actually are. Insensitive too.

4. Lyte

December 12, 2016 at 3:25 pm

This is not an uncommon problem for people your age who have shown evidence of diligence, but you risk finding yourself in a hole you may spend most of your young years trying to recover from.

Three pieces of advice….my two cents

1. Deliver that report and don’t get fired. Apply for other jobs you may find interesting while you maintain your current one.
    2. Get a mentor and let your mentor help you.
    3. You’ve actually answered this…pray, but not like special prayers, just keep praying personally for direction.

I wish you all the best.

5. Nene'sMa

December 12, 2016 at 3:26 pm

You need to take some time out to figure what you really want in life, talking to a life coach will help. I want to think it’s because you’re still in your early 20s that’s why you feel so relaxed.
    Please I have been sending mails upon mails to Bella naija asking for help for my little daughter as directed by Atoke on the Christmas giving post of last week but I haven’t gotten any reply, I’m already feeling like a pest.
    Please can someone play Santa for my little one?? She’s 2, she really needs new clothes and shoes as she has outgrown all. Please someone help us. Oh ate oh Sis nain wan too for faive for for.
    Thanks.

• A Real Nigerian

December 12, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Is there any reason you can’t get clothes for her yourself? [serious].

• Nene'sMa

December 12, 2016 at 6:20 pm

Haha @serious. I can’t afford it right now, and I never expected things to turn this way. I’ve asked aunties around but unfortunately they said they gave them all out a long time ago.

• Prince Charming

December 12, 2016 at 7:09 pm

@A Real Nigeria, I suppose you asked out of genuine love and concern and a desire to lend a helping hand if need be. She can’t afford! What do you intend to do about it.

• Truth

December 12, 2016 at 9:57 pm

U sound really stupid, like seriously. U shouldn’t comment if u have nothing to say just STFU

• Truth

December 12, 2016 at 9:59 pm

@a real Nigerian

• you

December 13, 2016 at 4:14 am

How can I get something to you?

• Nene'sMa

December 13, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Hello, thanks,a I’m just seeing your reply, I stylishly left my number. My email is [email protected]

• oma

December 13, 2016 at 7:34 am

You didn’t leave an email so how does a helper get in touch

• Nene'sMa

December 13, 2016 at 7:51 pm

Hello, thanks for the number, I left my number there, albeit in a funny way. My email is [email protected]

• Rissa

December 25, 2016 at 1:31 am

Where do you stay. If you are in Lag I could help out with a few clothes. Send a mail to [email protected] lets talk.

6. Blueberry

December 12, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Maybe you are loosing interest in what you do because you want immediate results.
    Of all the thngs you listed (event planning, makeup artistery, etc) there must be one thing you like so so much and are also very good at. Look at each one closely, decide which you like and make it your side hustle.
    When you must have made your choice, exert patience and endurance. Dangote didn´t get rich overnight. It sure took him some time. It will be the same for you, if you are relentless and keep pressing forward. The challenges will make you grow.
    When your mind is set on the above, Pray. Pray ALOT. Then keep that job (Yes, keep it. Even if you hate it). It may just provide you with the financial resources you require for your chosen side hustle until you are ready to spread your wings.

7. Mawi

December 12, 2016 at 3:59 pm

This was me about until less than 2 years ago. I was in the corporate world but I absolutely hated it, yet I didn’t know what I wanted. I tHought I had an interest in dressmaking & fashion design but I lost it. I felt lost, just like u do now.
    I am a spiritual person, so I went into fasting & prayers regarding this. Afterwards, I found a business idea which I am still very passionate about and currently pursuing diligently. Oh, and I quit my job to do so. I am in the happiest place I’ve ever been because I feel I have found myself.
    I am sharing all these to let u know that it’s not so uncommon to be in ur shoes. You are young, calm down & look inwards. Pray hard. Don’t be afraid to try an idea or interest. But keep ur job for now please, atleast until u are pretty confident you have found ur path.
    You will be fine, believe that.

• Nsikak

December 13, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Thank you for this…this post caught my attention as i am also 23 and confused as hell. I am constantly looking for something but dont know what it is. Most times i’m told that i’m pushing myself too hard,but i feel i dont have the luxury of time! How come some people know what it is they want to do with their life from the onset and some of us have no clue?. I’m going to take your advice and pray *AGAIN* about this..

• Katiana

December 23, 2016 at 1:59 pm

Hello Poster,
      This is coming late.
      I’m in the same situation. The only difference is that I’m 24, I earn 125k, I did not graduate with a first class.
      I have left 3 past jobs after service because I did not feel fulfilled, Then I got this recent job and discovered that the problem was that I had not discovered myself. You can do this – even in your current role.
      You may feel better in job roles that encourage you meeting new people such customer relationship jobs or roles that enable you exercise both your brain power and your body too(Physically, like meeting clients, and traveling for appointments. A job that has you sitting all day would bore you out).
      Then travel, do something fun off work hours, this enables you ease off and you resume work the next week with a bang.
      Keep finding what makes you happy – without leaving your current job.

Wish you success!

8. Sonia Paloma

December 12, 2016 at 4:00 pm

First step is to sit down and decide on what you really want to do. What field exactly interests you that you will enjoy working in. Write down these different interests, find the ones you are really passionate about and build on it. Search for a better job (one that you will enjoy working in), apply. before thinking of leaving your current job. The street is hard out there, do not take such risk.
    What you lack most right now is a GOAL, which i am 100% sure you do not have at the moment. Finding your Goal in life will lead you to achieving them. That goal will be the drive/motivation you need.
    Lastly, try not to overthink things. You are 23, live life, try out different things that interests you, have a heart to heart talk with yourself. Set a target, work towards it. This is your life, decide on how you want to live it and most of all Have faith in God.

9. Nuo

December 12, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Sounds like you’re heading towards depression. If you don’t handle it quickly,you might end up getting really depressed. Try to see a life coach or counsellor to get to the root cause of the issue. All the best.

10. Truth-be-told

December 12, 2016 at 4:08 pm

No, there is nothing wrong with you feeling the way you do now. It happens sometimes. I passed through that phase. To start with, maintain your current job and look for “little fun” in it. You need to go the extra mile like you did in getting your degree to be the best at your desk. Trust me, in this recession, I am positive that you will not want to be dependent on anyone. You need to save up as much as you can before moving onto “your passion”.Like you were advised above, over the weekend, try your hands out on some of these hobbies and seek out mentors in these fields. Have a life coach perhaps, who can help you out with making strategic moves. Travel somewhere (it does not have to be out of the country) ; far away to a place where you can think. You are putting yourself under a lot of pressure, being a first class graduate… do not look at others in your age group who are “seemingly successful”. Take your time and figure out your calling in life. You are running your own race. Personally, I do not think it is time for marriage because you are yet to figure out who you are as an individual. Then pray!!! There is no such thing as praying too much. Commune with your Creator. I pray you find your path eventually. It’s a lengthy one I know. Sorry☺

11. 23- the age of confusion

December 12, 2016 at 4:09 pm

This seems to be normal for all 23year olds or those just graduating cause what you read in school may not be necessarily what you would do on the job. Other factors like work environment, job function, working hours, office dynamics come into play. I’ll just say continue to explore, interview people, bring your thoughts to reality by doing….if you do it by a year you’ll realize if you love it or not. And if you perform well, make connections, you can always move between positions as everything becomes managerial!

12. Darius

December 12, 2016 at 4:16 pm

I wish I had something nice to say, but not many Nigerians are lucky enough to have a job that pays a 100K. Just don’t quit your job when you don’t have a plan B.

13. B

December 12, 2016 at 4:25 pm

I am not a doctor though but I will suggest you see a psychiatrist fast. Mental illness loading.

• aj

December 14, 2016 at 7:23 am

you are very wicked! ahn ahn! so damn insensitive!!!

14. nene

December 12, 2016 at 4:57 pm

“some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food”. if you don’t mind being broke for a long time, you can quit your job, but in this recession, i don’t think that is a smart thing to do. and your family doesn’t seem very wealthy, so you really don’t have the option of your rich parents paying your bills.

15. Sisi

December 12, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Ahah, why are you people diagnosing her? Whilst mental health is very real I am struggling to see any of the above as symptoms of such. Some useful advise others have given. What you are going through is pretty regular for someone of your age. Post university finding of oneself is never usually a smooth journey – you will get there. It’s never to early to start to build a your character and reputation for excellence so continue in that direction and be the best you can at your current job whilst exploring other options – applying for other jobs, speaking to people in difference fields to get a real feel for what they do, read, research, do practical stuff

16. Sammie

December 12, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Our School system is faulty. Ideally, a final year student should have a firm idea of who they are, their strengths and what they want to be. Our Schools just cram you with information with little or no relevance in meeting or solving our societal problems. Having a degree is no longer a competitive advantage. It was post-colonial/Oil boom years.

My advise is that she discovers herself, take time off work. Come up with unique solutions to societal problems. Like a tracker for kids in a daycare, online inventory software for small businesses. Lots of youtube videos to learn from.

We need mentors in our work place, Managers only exploit and have turf wars. No emphasis on creativity or challenging the status quo. Like a football coach, guide the younger ones, help people grow, don’t exploit people. Remind people how good they are.

17. That-I-May-Fly

December 12, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Well, young lady, you’re not alone. I’m 35 and still trying to figure out what to do with my life. One thing I’ve learned along the way though, is that, it’s fine to not know. For me, it means I can excel at most things I set my mind on. The downside to that is as you pointed out already, nothing seems to be able to keep my interest for long. Even the things that I genuinely love, I always manage to get bored with in the end. I’m a bit of a drifter and a pleasure seeker and that can be very worrisome, but you also know what? I’m a darn good mother, a dependable partner, a reliable friend and every other lovely thing in between. So, don’t focus too much on being one thing, appreciate instead the many things that you are. As for being financially stable, sadly, the world is organised around work, making you feel ‘worthless’ if you’re not able to earn. However, most of the things we work to buy are merely materialistic things we don’t actually need. For someone like you, your life may revolve around just the bare necessities. There’s nothing wrong with that until your whims take you on a different path. I have had 4 jobs in 4 years and in that time increased my salary about 60%. Getting bored easily does have some of its perks, you just need to learn balance and restraint as needed. Somehow, I’ve managed to drift into a career where there’s high demand in the country I live in and that gives me an opportunity to take time off as I wish and then go back when I need to make some money again. Maybe you can find something like that in Nigeria? I know the Nigerian situation is a lot more difficult, but there will always be someone to bail you out a little, unlike here. I don too talk, but really, it’s not the end of the world. In time it will come to you. You’re only 23…at 23 I started a new degree after finishing a law program before that…so much you can do darling, but worrying is not one of them.

• Tosin

December 12, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Love.

• aj

December 14, 2016 at 7:27 am

Love your story! I won’t be surprised if you are an air sign? possibly a Gemini?

18. Californiabawlar

December 12, 2016 at 6:00 pm

My own story: At 23 I had finished my service year and was just traveling for like 6 months. Not because I wanted to ‘explore’ but I was undecided about the future and that was the simplest thing to do. And as long as I didn’t ask my family for money they let me do me. I would buy office and party stuff from wherever and resell at almost double the cost to my friends that had taken up the 9 to 5 lifestyle, so I was good with cash.
    Anyways, like you at some point I became uneasy, it felt like my life wasn’t going anywhere. My boyfriend that we served together was about graduating with his masters and I just looked at myself twice like are you alright. I called my brother sobbing on the phone that my life was over before it even began and I’m just useless (so dramatic ??). He dished out some tough love and told me i was smart enough to do the needful. Luckily I had my meltdown in November, it took me two weeks to study for GRE and the next month or so to put in my applications to grad school. Since then I’ve been going going going. It’s not like it’s been a cakewalk but just having pulled myself out of the little rut I was in really helps me keep things moving.

One thing about your early 20s is that for the first time you’re now being allowed to make your own decisions. A terrain most of us are unfamiliar with as young Nigerians with protective and overbearing parents and teachers that have been telling us what to do since forever. It can get really overwhelming, so take your time….breathe…make sure your decisions are from a calm place when you’re ready.
    Meanwhile have some fun o! You’re in your prime years (every year is prime years to sha ?) lol.

19. Buttercup

December 12, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Hi,
    You don’t have mental illness, neither are you depressed or insensitive as the mean spirited and self hating people have stated above.
    You just haven’t found yourself neither have I. Don’t let them make you feel bad about that. I wish I could tell you the solution. But here’s what I plan on doing for myself.
    I think you should expose yourself to many things while your also working(please don’t quit your job even if you have a 1st class)
    There are many workshops on various things people offer and since you’re working you can afford to pay for some. When you do, I think you would find a passion in something. And don’t forget to pray ask God to help you find your purpose.

20. Marlvina

December 12, 2016 at 6:46 pm

Hmm For a young 23 year old it’s quite normal to be undecided and have passion for every other thing. But It’s also good you are working right now and have a good remuneration of N100k. You need that work experience to get you skilled and competent as you further into the labour market. I advice you ask yourself what are your strengths & weaknesses? What are the things you enjoy doing and things you find boring, weigh these and try to balance it on something in the line of your strengths; begin developing yourself towards that. In due time, you would have decided on what career to pursue or what business to venture in. By the way, you don’t necessarily have to work for an employer, you can be your own employer. Entrepreneurship is fun too.

21. Tosin

December 12, 2016 at 7:02 pm

You’ll be alright.
    You might as well quit the job, lol. You will absolutely do better in the next job/gig. Quit now.
    I really wish you well. There is a book titled “what should i do with my life.” I’ve read that, I’ve read others like it, yo, who knows? Ask google. Ask your grandma.

22. Blue

December 12, 2016 at 7:45 pm

I won’t advise you to quit your job or get fired.
    I would rather ask you, what do you like ?
    What do you feel fulfilled doing?
    It might not even be a job it could be something you have always wanted to do.
    Finding what you like would lead to finding your purpose and eventually fulfilment.
    Besides you could like more than three things, your purpose is not restricted to a particular thing.
    With every step you take towards achieving something your really like you surely would feel more fulfilled.

23. Heirs

December 12, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Hello Poster. Consider the below advise.

Take a break. A month off work will do. If you’re entitled to about 2 weeks holiday over the Xmas period, consider additional 2 weeks annual leave or seek unpaid 2 weeks leave, if possible. This time off is primarily to ease off and remind yourself that current job is temporal. You deserve better.

Most of the things you like to do is centred on creativity. Dancing. Baking. Make-ups. News-casting. That’s brilliant. Although from your narrative, the real issue is that you’re likely to start seeking a new adventure even if you get any of these jobs. I also understand your caveat around earning a First Class but I think regardless, it suggests you can be dedicated if you want to. So time to prove it.

Hold on firmly to the bird at hand while figuring out how to find that niche. My dear, every job comes with challenges including dream jobs. Quitting easily (even when things are tough) is not a good sign of strength. Think about your best hobbies. What you can do all day and get paid for it. Your next move shouldn’t be a gamble. It should be well thought out and well-tailored to your major interest e.g. News-casting or broadcasting internship (Radio Hosting esp.) gives you 6 months to consider if it’s meant for you. Grad schemes in consulting (not sure if you fancy that) gives you varieties of options to try before finding your niche while you still a grad trainee.

Work out a path that’s sustainable first-hand either with career rewarding job or business before considering any venture like dancing. Pray. Ask for direction. Be patient. Also, please find something outside of work that excites you. It could be friendship, new initiatives, parents, reading, anything. Find peace in something and let that be your secret escape when the pressure of life/job gets at you.

With warm wishes.

24. Bey

December 12, 2016 at 10:03 pm

You don’t have bills to pay I guess………… If not u won’t even consider being sacked in dis economy.
    Abeg relax ur just 23. Believe me majority of us don’t love our jobs, we are simply doing it because we have one or more mouths to feed plus various bills.
    I’m assuming this is ur first job, just stay on the job while thinking of smthn else you can do.
    You’re only at work from 9-5pm. Do fun things doing the weekend and just think of ur job as smthn you just have to do.
    Iv had a job which I wld literally go to d bathroom and cry. I will just call my mum n my fiancé back then and rant. And they will calm me down.
    Eventually I left d job even though career wise it was a good career path for me and good money. But I was miserable.
    You are not alone in feeling dis way. We’ve all been dere. It’s part of life and growing up.
    However d economy isn’t smiling and jobs are far and wide to get, ppl are being layed off so think n plan well.
    Above all pls resign honourably and don’t allow ur self to get sacked. You’re gonna need reference from there remember.
    So do things properly if you eventually want to resign.

25. Lucinda

December 12, 2016 at 10:31 pm

You need to create a life outside work. Something you enjoy and make sure it is totally unrelated to work. For me, it was travelling. I was clueless about life too. I travelled solo and did some extreme sports and adrenaline high activities.. When I got back, I mysteriously got out of that dead end and my goals became clearer. Now, I want to travel to more places and this makes me take my job more seriously because it pays the bills. These days, I’m earlier to work and I complete my tasks more quickly etc (with a little more enthusiasm).

26. Idomagirl

December 12, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Whatever you do, don’t let go of your job sha.
    This economy is not smiling.
    Hold on to it while you figure out what to do with your life.

27. Kaycee-Inspires

December 13, 2016 at 12:43 am

You have to make up your mind on what you want in life. Develop your personal vision statement. After that you develop strategies to achieve your vision.
    Double mindedness won’t help.

28. Seriously confused

December 13, 2016 at 4:58 am

not to take away from the post! But am having the hardest day of my life… Just found out after one month of marriage my husband was making passes at the cleaner. You see the way people say u should have seen it before marriage! Hahahah! Big lie dated for 2 years close proximity. I could never imagine… In my wildest imagination.. That my husband was harassing the poor cleaner….. I was lucky to find out before it escalated to sex and him giving me some kind STD! Am sooo broken. If u see my husband you would think he can’t hurt a fly. If someone had told me I wouldn’t have believed. Like how did I miss it. And oh I wasn’t in a hurry to settle down… Infact marrige waited till I built my dream career. Hahahaha he wanted to play the attention card! Attention ke less than one year of marriage! mogbe! If I caught him flirting with a girl outside it wud have been different! Am not understanding at all. Was he thinking? it feels like someone remove the floor under my feet and a sinking into a hole…… I can’t understand it. How! He has never cheated before! Infact I don’t know who I married oh! What a Christmas Gift! Maybe marriage isn’t meant for me! Maybe some of us are born to love ourselves! I thot I had found the perfect man lol! With all the education hahahaha. I think the most painful part is how this pervert part of him missed me before marriage. Family is saying oh he didn’t have sex with her na! As if that the issue!. I don’t where to go from here! And I naturally have trust issues. While dating if an ex cheats my heart just closes and I end of breaking things off! And I foolishly married the worse! How did he sleep by me each night! How dare he make me feel inadequate! What a Christmas… Sleep has evaded me…… Oh I hate the word sorry! Why do people think sorry makes things better, crying and wailing. Oloshi! Marriage is just a prison yard making things really complicated! If we were dating it would have been so easy to deal with ehen! Bye! That easy….. But now d complications of family. Am soo confused

• The Real Oma

December 13, 2016 at 11:09 am

@Seriously Confused, oh my, this sounds absolutely horrendous. I don’t know what to say to you but just know every woman will be devastated to have this happen to them.
      I am not sure what you should do, but i think you should take some time off, you need time to cool down so you can decide the way forward with a clear head.

All the best hon, e-hugs.

• Tosin

December 13, 2016 at 2:53 pm

Pele dear. If you can’t deal, you can leave before things get more entangled? I keep shouting that this (promiscuity) is human nature but for some reason people prefer to be shocked afresh each time. What can I say?

29. Jane

December 13, 2016 at 9:42 am

U need to receive Jesus if you haven’t, receive the holy spirit, and then you are well on your way to discover your purpose and destiny. If you discover that, then you will never be confused. You’ll be too busy! God bless you

• molarah

December 13, 2016 at 11:24 am

Girl, even we Christians get confused about our direction in life. It’s not always a spiritual problem.

Poster, as many have already noted, this is a common problem, moreso at your age. It’s really the fault of the current educational framework (not only Nigeria has this problem) that just pushes people through a knowledge dump system without giving them enough opportunity to think about what problems they would solve or what solutions they would generate from the gained knowledge. And I understand that having a first class just adds another level of complication as many expect you to be smart enough to have it all figured out. But your current approach (becoming lackadaisical about your current role) might not be the most helpful way to get out. If you want to quit your job, ensure you leave honorably because you never know where your employer’s commendation would come in handy. And if you are quitting, don’t quit to go and sit down at home. Get busy with something: either take an online course, find an NGO to volunteer for, a church group or so you can offer services to, a role you can take up in a small business, or something. Because it is in trying out different things that you start to get a sense of what you want to do with your life, and what you don’t want to do with your life. Whatever you do, start to look around for problems you can solve (because that’s what employers hire: solution providers) no matter how general: this would inform the kind of jobs you would apply for in future.

30. Mzphunby

December 13, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Poster, u’r not alone. Your story is exactly what’s happening to me except I don’t have a job and I didn’t graduate with a first class.
    The annoying thing is people say ‘what do you love doing’?’ what are you interested in’? ‘what can u do without some much effort and you enjoy’? and so on..
    I think the best thing to do is hold on to your job, travel around and meet people, learn about people, traditions, culture and all. Don’t keep urself in a box.
    Pray and ask God for direction.
    P. S Do not get married without discovering your passion or purpose.

31. Pc

December 13, 2016 at 8:39 pm

Keep exploring different productive activities and pray for directions, so u can identify your passion, there after self motivation and mentorship will help. Alternatively you can marry a house and business owner like me, manage same and breed 1st class kids

32. Optimist CY

January 28, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Dear, u shud get a copy of Rick Warren’s “The Purpose Driven Life”

33. Stanley

February 4, 2017 at 10:32 am

After reading The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. read Understanding Your Potentials by Myles Muroue.

34. Anonymous

February 9, 2017 at 2:06 pm

Am in a somewhat similar situation! First Job after service….been a few weeks here and everyday i just find new reasons to dislike the job. Top on the list of those reasons are 1. I have to work weekends( Sometimes both Saturday and Sunday) which can be pretty stressful for a 8-5. 2. This company has a reputation of owing salaries for up to three months ( even the hr lady admitted that to me on my first day on the job, although she said they could owe for two months but i found out from some staffs it goes up to three sometimes four). 3. There is no growth here( One can literally be stuck in a position/role for years). 4. I am on the verge of resigning but i get scared thinking about sitting at home, who know when those interviews will come calling. But of what use is it working a possibly Monday to Sunday job, its salary three months late and the job one is over qualified for?

35. Patricia Williams Collins Erikanders

April 22, 2017 at 9:34 pm

You welcome to stay with me in Tuscaloosa Alabama Airland estate Collins Spiritual healing having a healthy Rich lifestyle bless you 2002 Greensboro Rd Pastor Mc Coy here Dr Albert T Dommmingo Dr Akom