News

Exclusive: Inside Zahra Buhari & Ahmed Indimi’s Wedding Dinner by Enchanted Events #ZAhmed2016

BellaNaija Weddings

President Muhammadu Buhari and his wife Aisha‘s second daughter Zahra got married to Ahmed Indimi in a series of celebrations last week in Abuja and Maiduguri.

For their wedding dinner, the brief from the couple to Enchanted Events was “simple, timeless and elegant”.Guests were ushered into the hall with a hallway filled with flowers for a romantic touch and a red carpet fit for royalty.

The blush and gold-themed celebration had table centerpieces ranged from candelabras to flower clouds with hanging glass orbs.

Here’s a look inside!

Photos: Imagio Photography

Decor and Planning, Ushers: Enchanted Events | @enchantedeventsng | www.enchantedeventsng.com
Catering: Classic golden pot | @classicgoldenpot & Emperor Chinese | @emperorchinese
Mocktails: Mezra Cocktails | @mezracocktails
Desserts: Piped | @piped_
Small Chops: Starters Small Chops | @starterssmallchops & Saheeto Small Chops | @saheetosmallchops
Lights, Sound and Multimedia: Option A International Resources | @optionainternationalresources
Lights and Special Effects: Innovative Media | @innovatemedia1
Decor Photography: Imagio Photography | @imagio_photography

1. queenin

December 19, 2016 at 3:36 pm

My next life I pray for the privilege to choose my parents

• EE

December 19, 2016 at 4:04 pm

How about working for privilege, so your kids can enjoy?

• Cynical

December 19, 2016 at 4:09 pm

@ EE…..?????that was a reply. But seriously why not work for the privilege??

• Tilta

December 19, 2016 at 6:54 pm

@EE bravo, that was a smart reply.

• Fleur

December 19, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Thank you. And so that generations beyond you will not carry the blood of families on their hands?

• Nahum

December 20, 2016 at 2:38 pm

EE, well said!!!! I am tired of all these lazy girls looking for someone to elevate them

• ATL's finest

December 22, 2016 at 4:15 am

@ EE if U are a dude, & I was single I’d marry U in a heart beat. Smart answer, perfect reply & above all, great thinking. But U’re a lady, sorry I can’t :)..

• Salama Afro Ladies Salon Dubai

December 22, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Actually we all choose our parents – long before we become physical.

2. Bey

December 19, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Very low-key wedding

• A Real Nigerian

December 19, 2016 at 4:10 pm

Indeed

• Bey

December 19, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Nawa o Bella, u used eraser to clean my ending comment.

• o

December 19, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Lol. No be small eraser….

• Shenji

December 20, 2016 at 7:20 am

Change begins with you, as your presido says. If this is the change you voted for, then I’, glad you;re happy 🙂

3. EE

December 19, 2016 at 4:03 pm

When the groom finds the photographer that took that picture…………………..

• A Real Nigerian

December 19, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Yes. All we need now is for him to cheat on her in the coming months and we’ll have the archetypal yoruba couple on our hands.

• Bey

December 19, 2016 at 9:58 pm

You are sick sha !

• Diamond

December 20, 2016 at 6:04 am

Cheating is not a yoruba men ‘thing’. Men from every tribe, race or color cheat. Its a personality thing, than tribal. And I’m not yoruba.

4. @lonitagram

December 19, 2016 at 5:32 pm

I love!!! ??? @enchantedeventsng did an amazing job….so beautiful!!! I ❤ this wedding…one of my favourite of 2016.God bless the couple

5. madman

December 19, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Excited to meet the second wife and the third.

• Anonymous

December 19, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Not every Muslim marries more than one wife. After all IBB married one woman, Bihari married one woman. Also, the women are free to remarry as many times as they want, especially when they’re rich. Not like Nigerian christians that would rather a woman died in the marriage, endured a cheating husband, a broke non contributing husband with children outside than leave or divorce. I’d rather be married to a Muslim man with more than one wife, than a SO called Christian adulterer or serial fornicator like our Christian Timaya, tubaba, flavour etc.

• Beeeee

December 19, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Because only Christians are adulterers and serial fornicators

• Hi

December 19, 2016 at 8:39 pm

What are you waiting for sis? Marry the Muslim already! Be consoling hour self.

• Bey

December 19, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Like we care.
      If you like marry Sango worshipper.

• Anon

December 20, 2016 at 12:25 am

Anonymous – so you think all Buhari’s kids are from one woman?

There was Hajia Safinat before Hajia Aisha.

• lindsay

December 20, 2016 at 8:51 am

my dear trust me i can not count the number of so called married muslim men even with all the wives who want to get with me, so come down your high horse. They do worse in hiding

• JJ

December 20, 2016 at 2:12 pm

SMH… I pray for the day when we can have conversations without turning it into some religious or some cultural crap

6. Anonymous

December 19, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Thank you Anonymous 7:26pm. All them Hypocrites … you’ve said it all…A Muslim woman is allowed to leave an abusive marriage (in fact is OBLIGED to leave an abusive marriage) because staying in an abusive marriage is tantamount to killing yourself and Islam doesn’t want that! And there’s nothing wrong with polygamy if practiced with fairness and best efforts!!!

7. Unheard

December 20, 2016 at 4:54 am

His other daugther from another mother just got married couple month ego, what célébration did do for her? how can he be so unfair with how he treated them. I hate him would not want him as a father…. ;(,

• molarah

December 20, 2016 at 3:23 pm

But you saw all the news pieces highlighting that all of this was Madam Aisha’s idea, so what exactly are you on about? The President washed his hands off this extravagant show (you can argue about the sincerity) clearly.

8. Diamond

December 20, 2016 at 5:51 am

What’s with all the releasing of pictures in bits? This one is even less than bit sef. I came here to see plenty pictures of the couple only to see one. Na wa oO for this kain secrecy… what are they even hiding? The truth on how much the ‘simple’ wedding really gulped? We didn’t even see the souvenirs. I tire.

They said GEJ gave gold-plated iphones during his daughters’ (if its confirm truth or media lies, I don’t know). We didn’t get to see if ‘frugal’ and ‘saint’ Buhari gave plastic bowls, cups, plates and spoons at his daughter’s. He is a hypocrite!

9. queenin

December 20, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Am still saying my own I would like to choose my parents. It doesn’t mean am not working hard to give my kids the best.

10. arike

December 20, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Where is the recovered loot, I hope you are not spending it on this wedding. Because if you do heaven will not forgive you.

11. khaptain

December 25, 2016 at 11:52 pm

who say money no good abeg make him go hit transformer… anonymous u are confused judger

12. Nationalsquirrel

January 19, 2017 at 10:23 pm

See the old thing and the 21 year old mugu girl.
    Now who’s a child focker Eh, Zarah?
    Your agbaya husband.