News

How 12-year-old boy ‘Trapped Inside a Wall’ was Rescued in Ondo State

BellaNaija.com

12 year old boy wall Ondo StateA couple of days ago, a 12-year-old boy was rescued after he was trapped inbetween the wall of a house and a fence in Ondo State.

While, details of what transpired was not reported, Channels Television is reporting that the incident occurred at a bungalow located on 3B Akinfemisoye Street, Oduduwa Area in New Town, Ondo city in Ondo West Local Government Area of the State.

12 year old boy wall Ondo State2
The report stated that the boy fell between the wall of a building and a fence.

According to one of the tenants of the building, Charity Adebayo, the boy, who is suspected to be mentally challenged fell in between the fence and the building.

“We started hearing the boy saying meaningless things from inside the wall,” she said.

Adebayo said that people broke the wall and rescued the boy the next morning, adding that his grandmother later came to pick him up.

Another neighbour, Felicia Olaniyi, the owner of the food canteen at the other side of the house said: “The boy was said to have escaped from his grandmother one evening while she was taking him to a church for healing. The boy must have fallen in-between the walls of the two buildings.”

The report added:

Michael Gbala, a medical practitioner, who also lives in the neighbourhood told Channels Television that he learnt that the boy was mentally deranged.

Determined to get to the root of the matter and more revelations, Channels Television crew proceeded to the church where the boy was taken to by his grandmother for healing, overseen by an old woman, Prophetess Dorcas Adebayo.

Prophetess Dorcas Adebayo

Prophetess Dorcas Adebayo

Prophetess Dorcas Adebayo said the boy’s grandmother took him away from her church

She explained in Yoruba language that the grandmother brought the boy for healing but later came back to take him away.

She believes the boy must have, in a bid to escaped from the grandmother after she took him away from the church, fallen into the wall.

The old prophetess said she did not know the boy’s whereabouts ever since.

A little boy also gave his account of the story, saying the boy had been taken to the State Specialist Hospital in town. ‎

At the hospital sources said that the boy’s name is Aduragbemi Saka and that he was admitted but had since been discharged.

Channels Television, however, got to know the address of the boy and his grandmother which is at number 11, Okegbogi Street in the town.

On getting to the house, the one storey building was locked with a padlock.

The residents of the street refused to speak to reporters, but however said that they knew the boy but had not seen him for a long time.

1. A Real Nigerian

December 13, 2016 at 11:14 pm

That boy looks so malnourished.
    Sad.

2. TeeS

December 13, 2016 at 11:28 pm

@Arealnigerian are you be any chance in the US? Just curious? And what do you do for a living.
    I know you’re female.
    Pls don’t be mean? Just wondering
    And how do you have so much time to comment a lot on here ?

• tunmi

December 14, 2016 at 12:10 am

It really doesn’t take that much time as long as you have reliable internet connection. The same could be asked of you for keeping note of ARN’s comments.

• Nahum

December 14, 2016 at 2:14 am

Abi o!!! He/she is busy keep tabs on Real Nigerian and accusing them of having too much time on their hands, yet you have the same amount of time to monitor. Pot, meet kettle!

• A Real Nigerian

December 14, 2016 at 12:18 am

US ke?
      I am a bitter, lonely 40-year-old woman living in an Apapa slum. “Living” isn’t really the right word though, as I am actually squatting with a distant relative who barely tolerates me.
      I used to sell kolanuts by the roadside but the recession hit hard and business has completely gone down. Now, I do absolutely nothing for a living and I depend on quarterly handouts from my drunken, deadbeat father to survive.
      I use a duct-taped chinko phone and I offer sex to a local cyber cafe owner for free wifi and data gifts.
      I devote a lot of time to commenting here since it is the only place where I can get a little attention to soothe my broken ego, boost my diminished esteem and also to make up for the horrible, tragic disaster that is my existence.
      Did I mention that I am hideous too? Not even a mother could love my face. Maybe that’s why she died giving birth to me. My face – and my body in general – looks like what you’d get if someone vomited on a rotten piece of meat. Couple that with being overweight (and I don’t even know how that happened since I don’t remember the last time I ate anything other than garri or tasteless, stony jollof rice) and you can begin to imagine why I am the way I am.
      My life is hopeless.
      Pray for me.

TL;DR: I am a loser.

• Jummai Hauwa

December 14, 2016 at 7:58 am

You are joking right? I can’t imagine you bring like this

• Person

December 14, 2016 at 2:21 pm

LMAO. You’re crazy!! That’s the least subtle ‘go fuck yourself’ I have ever seen!

• Oj

December 15, 2016 at 6:30 am

Sarcasm at its peak ???,

• Shegodd

December 19, 2016 at 5:32 pm

I just love your soul…. Are you a writer or in a related field??.. kindly send me a private message to [email protected] as I’d love to exchange creative ideas with you… cheers

3. chic wen sabi

December 13, 2016 at 11:58 pm

This story does not sound coordinated. However, it was good that he was rescued on time.
    My question is that how can an old woman take care of a mental person, where are the parents of the boy…SMH
    Also, now that the news has been reported what is the way forward?……….
    I pray that he is being taken care of properly.

4. Lailatu

December 14, 2016 at 12:19 am

This story gives me the chills. Shouldn’t the police have gotten to the root of this story by now?

5. nene

December 14, 2016 at 12:42 am

i was waiting for you guys to bring this story. this is so spooky

6. Marlvina

December 14, 2016 at 12:53 am

Habaaa! BN version? Channels TV version? There are several sides to this story of the trapped teenager in the wall. The facebook and instagram version, some residence had mentioned the boy got missing some years back, probably a spell was cast on him and he was turned into a bird that got trapped in the wall or hid deliberately in the wall. A prophetess also said, He was fed human flesh and blood in the spiritual realm all the while but he later turned back as human just recently; residence heard some screams coming from the wall, that’s how they got the wall broken, only to find a human in there. Anyways, with these several stories, one cannot really tell how the boy got in there. Just so mysterious! I pray he gets the much needed help now he’s been set free.

7. vivianni

December 14, 2016 at 1:07 am

all I know be say Benin pipo still dey learn where “this tribe” dey..Nkene wu ihe!

• Abi

December 14, 2016 at 1:40 am

Where’s dodo? Come see your people.

• omolade

December 14, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Come see your people? Okay, they are Yorubas. Go focus on your people caught with drugs all the time, Igbo kwenu right? One was recently executed, and the other ones caught at the airport recently. So get lost.

I’m glad this boy was rescued. And i hope it gets much needed help and care

8. Teegirl

December 14, 2016 at 1:12 am

There is more to the story that meets the eye – save all the cock and bull story for a lizard please. How can a boy fall in between a wall? Yeah right?

9. kilipot

December 14, 2016 at 4:51 am

From the first photo the boy got trapped between two walls. At least that’s what I see.

• Anonymous

December 14, 2016 at 7:01 am

Exactly oh. This is what happens when people build their houses without space between walls. And I’m guessing the kid being unstable climbed the wall and fell inbtw the house and wall. and as there wasn’t enough space he couldn’t jump out. But trust Nigerians to try to read more into it

10. Timo

December 14, 2016 at 6:57 am

I’m just really curious. Hmmm.. was he walking around naked before he fell in? Or he took his clothes off before falling in? But well, thank God he was rescued.

• Ides of March

December 15, 2016 at 12:28 am

Thank you. It doesn’t add up. I’m so glad he got rescued.

11. kkay

December 14, 2016 at 10:10 am

Diabolical things! Story, Storyyy…Storyy! Tales by moonlight.

12. Omoté

December 14, 2016 at 11:07 am

Ehem! I knew der was a logical xplanation! Not the nonsense tales they’ve been spreading. Most illiterate parents with mentally or physically challenged children leave them with grandparents in the village or abandon dem in markets.