Scoop

“I feel very comfortable getting married at 33” Yvonne Jegede gushes about Fiancé in Genevieve Magazine’s Annual Bridal Issue

BellaNaija.com

yvonne-jegede_december2016genevievecover-3-794x1024Genevieve Magazine‘s annual wedding issue is here! The December 2016 cover girl is actor Yvonne Jegede, who is set to marry rapper and actor Kunle Fawole, son of late Nollywood veteran Bukky Ajayi.

Here’s what the mag has to say about the latest issue!yvonne-jegede_genevieve-mag-2016

Who doesn’t love a sweet love story? Our cover girl Yvonne Jegede [in her non-traditional wedding outfit by Agatha Moreno] shares a love story that reads like something straight out of a storybook.

“They don’t make men like him anymore” she gushes about her fiancé Kunle Fawole.

In this compelling interview with Torera Idowu, she talks about marrying her fiancé for love and not money. “I’m a very content person” she emphasises. It’s truly a captivating love story.

What would you do if you found out your husband is bisexual? Our Agony Aunt, Dr Alero Roberts takes on sticky marriage situations with immeasurable wisdom.

Waiting for sex until marriage, was it worth it? Two women share their stories in this issue.

You’ll also find celebrity makeup artist, Sam Fine’s tips for picking your wedding make up look.

There is so much to read in our concluding issue for the year.

Credits
Location: Nigeria Railway Corporation, Ebute Metta
Photography: Emmanuel Oyeleke | @emmanueloyeleke
Styling and Direction: Ifeoma Odogwu | @hyperfashun
Style Correspondent: Annette Odimegwu | @annetteodimegwu
Wardrobe: Weizdhurm Franklyn | @weizdhurmfranklyn, Agatha Moreno | @agathamoreno, Enthyst | @enthystfashionlinik & Tosho Woods | @toshowoods
Jewelry: Afroma | @Afroma_style
Makeup: Mary Jane Ohobu @maryjaneohobu for Zaron @zaroncosmetics
Hair: Austine Afaha @austineafaha for Tasala HQ @tasalahq

1. ify

December 15, 2016 at 8:53 pm

who cares if you get married at 30 or 100 age is nothing as long as u find love and happiness that’s all that matter

2. bellanaijarian

December 15, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Feeling comfortable marrying @ 33
    Cool,as far u don’t end up like our humble toke makinwa..Cuz we are tired of tale rather success.

• Bii

December 15, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Later you’ll say Toke is not relevant yet you can’t keep talking about her even when the topic has absolutely nothing to do with her . Bad belle makes people sick o

• bellanaijarian

December 15, 2016 at 10:17 pm

@Bii..abi ur name is Toke..
      Talk or own..

• Random

December 15, 2016 at 11:39 pm

Bellanaijarian, your comment is so mean and unnecessary. Nobody deliberately set themselves up to fail. Be nice. Wish her well and move on.

3. Nawa

December 15, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Hate it when people put an age to marriage, like d statement dis Yvonne just made and the one Liz Awoliyi made abt marrying late at 32 or whatever.
    You can find love at any age abeg and there shdnt be an age barrier to it. Smtimes ppl marry in a haste and marry d wrong person just becos they are turning 30.
    I have a family friend that vowed to everyone she must not remain in her fathers house past 29. She met smone hurriedly, planned d wedding sharply and even told her mum to hasten all d Wedding plans becos she must not turn 30 in her house. Meeting d guy and dem getting married was all done hurriedly within a yr by Dec of that yr.
    I can even remember d girls mum calling me n my mum asking what my mum was doing about my case because I was Single back then at 30.Giving me useless advice. I later married.
    10yrs later, this lady is 40 and divorced with 2kids.
    I don’t wish evil for anyone but ppl shld stop acting like a lady single at 30 has sum kind of spiritual problem. Sum even ask d lady to go for deliverance that she has a “spiritual husband abi marine husband” sef.

• Engoz

December 15, 2016 at 10:46 pm

I too can’t stand this sort of statements. It’s just weird. Most of the things I read here are just foreign to me, despite the fact I spent over 20 years in Nigeria. Where did this ‘you should be married before 30′ come from? All I heard growing up from my parents and as an adult were go to school, pray, read your books, pray o, respect your elders etc. The only time marriage is brought was during prayers when mom’s praying for her kids’ future. My dad never ever said anything about marriage to me until he got to meet my partner. We weren’t brought up under a ‘time limit’. So I ask, who are the jobless, uncouth people that started this nonsense and pushed their insecurities into the mainstream?

• nnenne

December 15, 2016 at 10:57 pm

+ Engoz… me too.

• Marlvina

December 16, 2016 at 1:01 am

It baffles me too. It’s only in Nigeria you hear women say “get married before 30, so you have all your kids before 30”. And who says women in their 40’s cannot have healthy children with no pregnancy complications? This issue of having all your children before age 30 is what’s getting so many ladies under pressure for marriage. Please no one should rush into marriage. You’ll end up failing if you do.

• ATL's finest

December 16, 2016 at 2:13 am

@ Engoz lol U are not alone. The pressure to hold the title “Mrs” is very surreal in Nigeria & I weep for most of them as in ehn. It baffles the heck out of me.. Everything in life is by choice. But the rate at which folks put pressure & give themselves high blood pressure is sth else. That Nig. Mentality smh. Yes , my cousin was over 30 before she settled but who gives a B***? The fact remains that she was stable career wise, she was mature enough to handle life, stress & hold my man down, she could makes decisions to change her life in a better form, and above all, LOVE reigned in her heart. All this kind irrelevant problems people like to cause for themselves. It’s not how far/fast oo it’s how WELL. All bcuz u wanna be married before 30, u will end FIRE.

• Mykelti

December 16, 2016 at 2:51 am

Marlvina, while I find it bizarre putting an age to getting married, achieving success, etc, it’s not just in Nigeria. I completely disagree. Go ask Americans, Canadians and some Europeans, many of them (even guys) believe or feel that they should be married or at least in a serious relationship on/before/by 30. So my dear, it’s not only a Nigerian thing.

• LEM

December 16, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Ok guys we all need to calm down on the age thing. I was going to comment but then I noticed the whole ‘interview’ was not included in the above story. We don’t know the context in which she made that statement. She could have been asked something like ‘How do you feel marrying at your age?’ or ‘Do you wish you had gotten married earlier?’ so before you criticize what she said I suggest reading the magazine to get the full interview.

• Anne

June 29, 2018 at 2:58 am

Don’t think anyone should be under pressure. Older women have healthy children so that one is not wahala. In my opinion, I’ll still pick getting married young with good health by God’s grace.

4. Diamond

December 16, 2016 at 8:35 am

This statement of hers is unnecessary. She comes off as defensive and not sincere… she must have undergone so much pressure to marry before now, hence this fake confidence. Marry at 30, marry after menopause… your issue.

5. tee

December 16, 2016 at 9:40 am

No be say we too one rush enter marriage but all these nosy aunties and uncles that will just carry your matter for head like gala.

6. tee

December 16, 2016 at 12:09 pm

i dont like this cover @ all. the wedding gown looking rough, her hair is one kind………….not looking like a bride at all