News

Some FCT Men decry Women’s use of Padded Undergarments

NAN

dreamstime_l_30569376Some men in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) on Thursday said the use of body enhancers such as padded brassieres, hips and bum boosters by women was deceptive.

The men said the body enhancers give a wrong impression about the reality of the user’s physique.

Body enhancers are undergarments such as padded braziers, butt’s booster, hip enhancer, waist cincher and others worn by women.

Some of the men who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) said they found the trend repulsive and unappealing.

Others, however, said the use of body enhancers, particularly padded braziers, added more to a woman’s sexual appeal, makes her more attractive and added to her confidence.

Timothy Danladi, condemned the use of body enhancers by women which, he described as artificial and falsehood.

“I find the use of artificial buttocks by some women to add more to their God’s given physique unattractive. This is because it gives a wrong impression about their stature that will definitely be revealed to their partners when they get married,’’ he said.

Emmanuel Alabi said such was based on falsehood and could cause problems in the home since a man was usually attracted to a woman because of her body apart from her intellect, manner and facial beauty.

“If a woman uses artificial things to entice a man into marrying her, nemesis will catch up with her because when he later finds out that those things were fake, it could even lead to break-up of the union,’’ he said.

Alabi said there was the need for women to be natural to avoid deceiving men and causing problems in their relationships.

Similarly, Shuaibu Sabo said that such enhancers only created an illusion that was totally different from reality.

Sabo advised women to desist from using such unnatural endowment and appreciate the body God gave to them.

“Some women are also not satisfied with what God has given them. They go to any length to change their natural identity which is more attractive than bleached skin and use of body enhancers,’’ he said.

On the contrary, Sani Isuwa, said he found the use of body enhancers attractive, especially for women whose body were not proportionate to other parts.

Isuwa said he did not have any problem or reservation about a woman that uses enhancers which is better than undergoing a surgery as it is predominantly practiced in other countries.

“I prefer a woman to use body enhancers than for her to undergo surgery to add more or distort what God has given her.’’

Boniface Eze, said he encouraged his wife to us body enhancers due to the change in her body after numerous child delivery.

“Some women actually need body enhancers to make them more appealing and attractive to the opposite sex,’’ he said.

According to him, he encourages his wife to use padded bra because nursing five children has changed the shape and size of her breast.

“I prefer my wife to use padded bra because they are no longer the way they used to be after breastfeeding five children. When she wears clothes it fits her more than if she uses normal brazier,’’ Eze said said.

Meanwhile, some of the women that use body enhancers told NAN that it boosted their confidence, added more to their sexuality and made clothes more fitting on their bodies.

Jecinta Eze, a mother of five, said she could not go out without wearing a padded bra.

“If I don’t use a padded bra, I will look so unattractive and flat-chested,’’ she told NAN.

Grace Iliya, said she uses hip booster to make the lower part of her body proportionate to her upper part.

“If I don’t use a hip booster, my upper body looks bigger than my lower body because I am busty. So, I prefer to use it to make both parts proportionate and it boosts my confidence and makes me look more attractive,’’ she said.

Meanwhile, Usman Ali, an undergarment trader in Garki Market, said he usually sold padded bras than any of his wares.

Ali said the cost of a padded bra varied between N350 to N4,500 depending on the quality, while hip booster cost between N700 to N3,500.

NAN

1. hadiza

December 9, 2016 at 6:01 am

These men should shut their filthy mouths. you are nobody to tell women what to do with their bodies. Mr Sabi, u are senseless, “women shouldn’t bleach” like u don’t run after light skinned women, stupid hypocrites. A woman is free to do as she pleases, if u don’t like it, stay away from women.

• #MadeInNaija

December 9, 2016 at 12:39 pm

Hadiza, you should not have abused them as they gave their honest opinion in response to the question. We should learn to respect people’s opinion and argue objectively without insult/abuse. Having said that, most ladies use body enhancement to fill the gap created by nature and I appreciate the efforts. However, I know that a man will still fall head over heels in love with a babe no matter her configuration. Same applies to women.

2. Marian

December 9, 2016 at 6:51 am

Lol, Spanx nko???

• Bella

December 9, 2016 at 9:58 am

thank you, they are more natural then padded hips and butts, for what?

3. LOL

December 9, 2016 at 7:34 am

…..And this Tale By Moonlight was purportedly reported to The News Agency Of Nigeria?
    Wow BellaNaija Wow!!!

4. Prince Charming

December 9, 2016 at 7:45 am

@Hadiza, women don’t want men to stay from them oh. Why do you think women wear padded bras and hip boosters? It’s because they want to be sexually appealling to men. We just want women to know that: you can be as shapeless as am amoeba, as flat-chested as a tray, as flat-assed as jewish bread, as dark-skinned as a Kenyan, just have a good heart and men will flock around you.

• Prince Charming

December 9, 2016 at 7:46 am

…..stay away…

• Marlvina

December 9, 2016 at 8:24 am

Prince charming speak the truth! Even from ur name Prince charming, while driving, will you stop on the road to give a ride to an amoeba-shaped woman?

• Prince Charming

December 9, 2016 at 8:40 am

Just a ride? Why not! I’m not selective when it comes to helping others. You don’t have to look a certain way for me to help you. The question you should have asked is: would I date an amoeba-shaped woman?

• Marlvina

December 9, 2016 at 9:04 am

Lol. Okay so you’ve spoken the truth. Good! You will pick her up cus you’re not only moved by her sight as they say men are. But you won’t obviously date her right? Cus when you say men will come flocking around, I’m wondering which men now. Knowing fully well how most men today are very picky about their dream girls or wives to be and only get attracted to ladies who look or dress in a certain way. As in that’s what gets their attention first before they even bother getting to know who she is. I’m Not saying the amoeba-shaped women can’t find love, No! I’m only letting you know not every man would look her way to give a ride not to talk of dating her. So it’s necessary ladies look their best and attactive at all times.

• Aint a youth

December 9, 2016 at 9:41 am

The main point is the deceit!! Women do these for different reason, some are noble while others are not. I am rather indifferent about these sort of things as I will only have one wife, na she be my main focus.

• Prince Charming

December 9, 2016 at 9:55 am

@Marlvina, hahahaha…..I didn’t speak any truth. I only rephrased your question. Ok, I can date and even marry an ameoba-shaped woman. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Marlvina

December 9, 2016 at 11:45 am

@Prince ? okay then. We thank God for your life. Your case is different. You can date an marry an amoeba-shaped woman. That’s good. Probably u’l help her to work on her shape after the wedding.

5. Nate

December 9, 2016 at 7:55 am

Can we talk business

6. Mary

December 9, 2016 at 8:07 am

I can’t help but laugh.

7. Marlvina

December 9, 2016 at 8:14 am

? BN This post is hilarious. Seriously? But often times, the men are the ones who push these ladies with their advices/comments, to do something about their bodies. You hear statements like, “you have a big/wobbly tummy, do something about it. Ahh ur boobs are like oranges o, I like ladies who are busty. Ahh so much pimples on the face, na wa o! Pls do something about it. Hmm see your big nose, I actually prefer ladies with pointed nose o. Abeg do something. See your flat butt, is this what your mama really gave you? Abeg do something. Ehnn now those ladies are doing something and you men that admire the something are now complaining? ? You dey find pointed nose, yet urs is as flat as pancake. Anyways, I cannot support skin bleaching tho or some body surgeries cus of the health side effects, but personally, if a lady feels she’l be more confident and looks good wearing a padded bra, waist cinchers or bodyshapers to enhance her look in her dress, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Women are unique cus of the way God created us. Our bodies can’t remain the same way overtime as compared to that of the men. It’s just recently we see women heading to the gym after having a baby, trying to get that tummy/body back in shape. That’s a good step too. It’s not easy abeg.

8. #proudnigerian

December 9, 2016 at 9:03 am

if you like carry half, full ,incomplete bumbum when a man is not for you he is not for you. besides you can see some men without type today they follow half bummbum tomorrow incomplete but come to think of it even make up is not real na all na enhancing.??

9. Fille

December 9, 2016 at 9:41 am

Lmao! This is so hilarious. There’s this girl I know who is an A-cup but she buys and stuffs a D-cup bra when she’s out. She wears a huge butt-pad too. Like she looks unbelievable when you see her outside and guys flock around her. I asked her friends what she tells the guys when it’s time for ‘action’and they said she never takes off her top and only permits f*ngers for the guys that don’t know till she’s comfortable enough to tell them, I was like all these stress on top man.

• Darius

December 9, 2016 at 11:19 am

“….when it’s time for action…… she permits fingers for guys…..” tell your friend to respect her womanhood and stop giving her cookie to every tom, dick and harry.

10. Ndidi Ojei

December 9, 2016 at 10:05 am

They enjoy the deception very much!!! They just don’t like the truth…..yeye men!

• Wahala dey O

December 9, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Haba Men don suffer sha, everything a woman does she will attribute it to a man and also insult him ontop. Well done em and Continue!!!

11. esther

December 9, 2016 at 10:37 am

Its quite funny at the men’s reaction, loling…..the women find the paddings comfortable nd feel good within it, at least that’s all that matters.

• jean

December 9, 2016 at 1:50 pm

I don’t know why I feel some how about this. Please route this pls through the appropriate channel that some already advised you yesterday.
      Not to say that you’re not genuine, but online begging is now normal. If everyone that needed training money, came here to post their account detail, I wonder who will be left to do the giving.

• jean

December 9, 2016 at 4:10 pm

*someone*

12. Celeste

December 9, 2016 at 11:28 am

Don’t hate the player, hate the game. Its not completely women’s fault… men have share in the blame with their unnecessary selectiveness. Why won’t desperate women be deceptive, when all the men do is to make long list of their expectation on women… the woman I will marry should be fair, tall, shapely, endowed, less than 25, not above 30, a doctor, pharmacist, barrister and the list continues…

That’s how my ex told me he wanted a fair woman, but somehow we happened and when we broke up, before I said Jack Robinson he was with one fair onyibo and married her sharp sharp.

My uncle was trying to ‘help’ me marry at a time and recommended me to his friend’s son, and the guy’s questions were “Is she fair or dark? Slim or fat? I don’t want a woman with tendency to grow fat. Tall or short? How tall is she? Can I see her picture? What did she read in school?” And all sort of frivolous questions. So why won’t women be tempted to cheat?? Men cheat too by the way, their own deception fall into finance category.

13. Celeste

December 9, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Hope those fingers she allows into her are thoroughly washed so she doesn’t get infected?

She allows fingers, but the guy won’t touch her stuffed breast? What rubbish! Latter she will complain her relationship didn’t work. Babes, if you want to do, fine. If you don’t want, leave it be… Besides, what’s with the only fingers rubbish? Some babes will allow fingers, but refuse penis. Duh! F*ngering and protected sex are the same… darling, he already slept with you, the only difference is you didn’t risk pregnancy. #my2cents

• Celeste

December 9, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Response to Fille’s comment.

• wowza

December 9, 2016 at 1:07 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

14. What i said

December 9, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Men can be really pathetic.A man would tell you he likes you the way you are..skinny.Or that he hates girls on the big side.Truth is when he wants to cheat on you he will do so with a very robust lady.
    My ex told me he loved how dark i was nd when started using some products that “enhanced” my skin tone, he started to complain that i seemed lighter.When he cheated on me he did so with a very “yellow” lady and even married her.
    My point: It doesnt matter what you do or dont do to please a man.If he is going to stay he will and if he wont stay you’re just wasting time. I don’t believe a man can “make a woman bleach her skin” or make her wear body enhancers.She is doing these things because she wants to. As a woman do what makes you happy not what makes a man happy.

*Sips water*

15. EagleEye

December 9, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Bella Naija what sort of article is this?
    As a government worker, I expect this sort of thing in their numerous files but not on BN that has a semblance of fresh air. What is this?

16. Stephanie

December 9, 2016 at 2:51 pm

Dat 1 is their business.as long as I am comfortable with it,I will wear what I want.real or fake

17. tunmi

December 10, 2016 at 3:08 am

I like these articles. It’s like Battabox but in text form. But it’s funny how the men think the padding is for them. The women wear it for their own confidence.