Relationships

Denike & Daniel met in JSS3! Now They are Getting Married – Here’s their Story | LAAH Photography

BellaNaija Weddings

From JSSS3 to UME classes, Denike and Daniel were in the same evening lessons and she even used to introduce him to other girls.

Fast forward 7 years later and they are about to say, “I do”.

~ Photography: LAAH Photography

How We Met
by the bride, Denike
The very first time we met was in JSS 3 Evening Lessons at ANIFA PREP. We were guys up until JAMB class. I even used to hook him up with the hottest girls in lesson at the time… childhood bants. And after ANIFA PREP we all went off to Uni and we didn’t keep in touch. Fast forward to my cousin’s wedding (7 years later) we saw again I was so excited running into him after so long, we exchanged numbers and hit the friendship lane again. This was no love at first sight, people really do find love in the strangest places because not in this life did I think myself and Daniel will date, talk less of getting married. Today he is the best decision I ever made and I’m undoubtedly the best decision he’s ever made too. The Proposal
Bae was planning “IJGB” and I was just excited because we had been apart for months. My brother was coming home around the same time as well so his girlfriend was like, “oh Sista I want to plan a surprise party for Dem Dem” (my brother). I found it weird because she wasn’t in town so I didn’t really see the point, but she insisted on the “Welcome Home Party”. The girl is funny like that, so I was like “Awwww” (while rolling my eyes at the same time) and agreed.On the 23rd of December 2016, I was excited to see the rare sight of Dem Dem’s surprised face. When we got to the party Daniel came downstairs, and I’m like, “bros you have spoilt surprise o, Busola will vex”… BUT I noticed how hot he looked and I had to ask why he was looking nicer that the owner of the surprise, “please is it your party? let’s go upstairs.” We got up to the venue, no one shouted “Surprise!”, then I saw Daniel’s friends and was thinking – “why are you here?” Still wondering what was going on, I turned to my left and there he was, on one knee. I ran away. Almost at the speed of light, I ran.

Please don’t ask me why, and after the waiters and waitresses could get a hold of me, they dragged me back to my man who was still on one knee, I SAID YES, and our Journey to forever officially begun.

***

Photography: LAAH Photography | instagram.com/laahphotography

1. Blab

January 11, 2017 at 5:28 am

Beautiful couple…you are a cheerful and happy person. May the good lord make it permanent. God bless your new home.

2. queenin

January 11, 2017 at 5:57 am

nice story but emmm does she mean SSS or JSS because JSS and 7 years is like talking about a 14year old girl and a 21 year old later. But SSS girl should be done with her university education. #myopinion

3. le coco

January 11, 2017 at 6:09 am

No. Jss3 is where they officially met.. they reconnected 7 years later nd started dating

4. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

January 11, 2017 at 6:57 am

Too early to make the single ones start feeling bitter,2017 I MUST MARRY OR SOMEONES MARRIAGE WILL CRASH!!!!

• Dash

January 11, 2017 at 9:15 am

Lmao

• Nene

January 11, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Hilarious

5. u.c

January 11, 2017 at 7:12 am

U c dat is y is not good to b evil imagine if she had shrugged d welcome party off ,dey wud probably b looking for another way to pop d question and d guy will use dat opportunity to change his mind or c someone else hehehehehe……………congrats people

6. unique

January 11, 2017 at 8:43 am

This is fantastic, I wish you the best in your marriage.

7. Movici

January 11, 2017 at 9:02 am

Oh…..I actually thought they are married…..all this paparazzi for just proposal???Lol.,……All da best guys!!!!!

• Xoxo

January 11, 2017 at 11:53 am

Please what is your business???

8. Zeeebby

January 11, 2017 at 9:13 am

This Dec 23rd 2016…that just passed? And they have already done pre-wedding shoot….they r not joking around oh! HML

• call me kaka

January 11, 2017 at 10:23 am

It was on the 23rd of dec 2015. her engagement was on the 8th of january and wedding is on saturday.. Congrats sistuur Niks, 2 down, 1 to go. can wait for the final part of deniel17

• adukeologe

January 11, 2017 at 7:05 pm

No they got engaged December 2015 not 2016.

9. Acube

January 11, 2017 at 9:38 am

gwe gwe gwe be happy for others and I can guarantee your joy will definitely come. if you wish others bad your joy will not come o. Idodo oro.

10. Fabulous

January 11, 2017 at 9:57 am

This is beautiful, love it. Congratulations guys.

11. Loveth Best

January 11, 2017 at 11:08 am

Wishing them the best all the way

12. ajikoko

January 11, 2017 at 11:39 am

I am 34 years old.Im a nice lady- I have friends- time is running out-its home and work for me- all my friends are married-I’ve not dated in 8 years- I stay in abuja- pls who know places where I can meet cool decent people- normal people like me…..Thank you

• ? Porsche ?

January 11, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Your story sounds very much like mine except that I’m 36 and haven’t dated in exactly 9 years! For me too, there are just no platforms to meet men and my circle has become rather small over the years plus I seldom go out… It’s both frustrating and confusing. I hear comments like, “I can’t understand why you’re still waiting to be found….”, 🙂 and to be honest I get that… I mean, let’s forget modesty here, but hopefully without running the risk of sounding cocky, I am very good-looking, very well educated, have led a pretty much upright life so to speak, in other words, no “funny” past, great cook, enviable character – in fact I’m confident I’m “wife-material” ??

I like to think myself as someone who isn’t perturbed by societal pressure (perhaps because I’m not in Naija), but lamentably (and for lack of a better word), it’s a personal desire to be settled in marriage with the right person of course; and to have children. Oh, I would be so heartbroken if for any reason I couldn’t have children – but it would be so terribly careless and thoughtless of me to bring a child into such a complex world too, without giving the child the choice of a legally committed father. Being an only child, I feel for my mother – having herself worked so hard to raise me well, she ought to be holding her grandchildren by now… For an African mother, she’s never pressured me but I can see in her eyes, how much she wants for me to be settled in marriage. I’ve caught her crying and praying about the matter (*that broke me in many pieces*) ??? I don’t think she wanted me to see that…

On a lighter note, this is my first bellanaija comment having been an ardent “follower” for years – oh how I’ve resisted adding my two pennies’ worth especially in response to some ridiculousness… 🙂 ?

• ogeAdiro

January 11, 2017 at 4:22 pm

You need to change your name to Honda because a lot of the guys I know can’t afford Porsche.

• Comfort B.

January 11, 2017 at 7:21 pm

I can introduce you to some one who will like nothing but to settlle down in life. He lives in Naija though. Good hearted, hard working. Great family. Only, he’s right now struggling with his Interior Decor business. He’s 43. Never been married. He’s straight, in case you’re wondering, and he’s not rich.

• Ani

January 12, 2017 at 11:22 am

I like you already. I wish I was a guy but I’m a girl. And I think the name Porsche suits you just fine. You have values, I can tell… I can only say keep believing and I promise to say a word in prayer for you every now and again. The right man will come, I know you feel the clock is ticking but keep believing and trust that He will never leave nor forsake you…Amen.

• Bobosteke

January 12, 2017 at 10:22 pm

There’s so much heart in your comment, @porche. Love will find you; over and over again.You are a treasure; a rare gift. I have so much respect for you. Thank you sharing your comment. Salut.

13. “is it your surprise party?” She asked………..turned out, it was hers.
    Nice and happy HML in advance.

14. Magui

January 11, 2017 at 11:46 am

Bellanaija is back…. I love all the wedding storie that have been futured lately…. So i can only guess that 2017 Bn is back to it real essence isnt it? Thank you…muahhhh

15. Bobosteke

January 11, 2017 at 12:35 pm

You have such a lovely sense of style, Denike; tres chic!

You’ll make an absolutely fabulous wife and mom. All the best.

• Orienma

January 12, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Thought I was the only one that noticed it. Dress sense muahhhhhhh!

16. Miss mintleaves

January 11, 2017 at 12:41 pm

Where is that boy I met during JSS1 holidays? It’s about time we reconnected o! No time!!!

17. Tootsie

January 11, 2017 at 4:22 pm

Love can be found in the strangest of places indeed. Not all ‘high school’ love connections make it to the alter. I have a story, but don’t feel like sharing today abeg. 🙂

@Porsche, I really feel for you. What you shared about your mom is really heart wrenching. In due time dear. God’s own time, you’ll walk down the aisle with the man of your dreams. Don’t give up on love darling. Your time will come. Cheers!!

• ? Porsche ?

January 11, 2017 at 5:09 pm

That’s really encouraging Tootsie, how kind – thanks hun! A resounding AMEN for my sake as much as for my mother’s…

You should share your story in due course ? You just never know what another might glean from it 🙂

• Tootsie

January 12, 2017 at 8:16 am

Will certainly do 😉

18. Tosin

January 11, 2017 at 6:33 pm

with all due respect,
    FIRE!! They’re both so sexy 😉 😉

19. Deji

January 11, 2017 at 6:37 pm

@porsche. Truth is that Men don’t like overly good, religious and sheltered girls. You sound rigid and stuck in your ways. It gets boring after a while.

A woman’s sexual value decreases with age. Why do you think that pretty receptionist don’t stay too long on that post? Because she’s awesome? A strong woman? Cos a fresher prettier woman came along.

My conclusion is don’t base your hopes on your looks along. Add value ( anything beyond hair & makeup biz). No one asks about Miss playboy 1980 do they?

• Porsche

January 11, 2017 at 7:00 pm

How interesting you arrived at all these conclusions from just that post but hey, it’s cool – I put my story out – I must now take whatever comes with doing so.

• alakada

January 12, 2017 at 4:56 am

@Porshe Are you in the US? Are you beautiful as in jaw-smashing beauty? Are you humble unlike most Naija ladies in the US. (especially the Yorubas-I’m Yoruba btw)? They will be behaving like they don’t go to the toilet..awon oniyeye gbogbo..If yes to all these, drop your email.Congratulations, you just commented yourself into a man’s heart…lol

• Bey

January 11, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Why must she be lacking in anything because she is single at 36. I hate this blame game people put on naija girls because they are single after 30.
      She will find a man to love her just as she is. I didn’t see any arrogance or rigidity in what I read. But trust naija people they must blame. Some will even blame on spirit husband, that is why a girl above marriage isn’t single.
      I married at 32 myself and what did I not hear.
      Because I refused sex chatting with a guy and refused to send nude pics, I’m classified rigid.
      Or because I don’t want to just have sex with anyone, and go clubbing every fri, I’m termed rigid. ( every oda fri I may go out o).
      @porsche, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with you, just keep praying. Be more sociable if ur not already, d right man will come. I know ppl dat have married good men, even in dere late 30s.

• ? Porsche ?

January 11, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Bey, thank you for standing up for me. I thought he was rather insensitive to suggest I was rigid and stuck in my ways – particularly as he has no real understanding of me or my personality. Even though I’m faceless here, it still took a lot to put that out…

Again, thank you. I know there is absolutely nothing wrong with me – but I had to tell my story in the manner that I did because as you rightly pointed out, when you’re over a certain age and unmarried, there is this notion that something must be wrong with you – perhaps you led a reckless life and now, you’re jumping from one deliverance ministry to another seeking mercy OR that you don’t carry yourself well and are therefore ‘unappealing’. I’ve even seen a number of memes to this effect so I felt a need to clear that.

I hear you – I intend to make an effort this year to be seen more – how? I have zero clue ? Hopefully, I should put out a memo if and when I become successful in my search for Mr Right ? Wish me grace 🙂

• Obi

January 13, 2017 at 1:33 pm

@Deji – All my years on BN, i have never seen a more stupid and ridiculous post as yours.

• ? Porsche ?

January 13, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Haba Obi, chill nau, Deji has since clarified his comment plus apologised.

20. BlueJeans

January 11, 2017 at 9:49 pm

https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Denike-Daniel-pre-wedding-shoot_IMG_6003_new.jpg This Picture ??. If I was the couple I would frame this picture and put it over our heads in our bedroom. #HopefulRomantic

21. Deji

January 11, 2017 at 10:58 pm

@porshe. I apologize. I didn’t mean to upset you in anyway. My point was more of a general one.

A lot of ladies become entitled and delusional because of the perks (sexual value) they receive from society. They expect it to continue believing cos they are awesome and intelligent not knowing it’s the sexual value they ozze that grants those perks.

I didn’t mean you should throw away your values, each has their type. I was just giving my perspective based on my experiences.

I do hope you find the love your heart yearns for.

• Ah Be De

January 12, 2017 at 8:19 am

Deji, i assume you’re a man..you’re such a gentleman. It was nice of you to apologize to Porshe. I do understand why you have that perspective, I think it’s just a mentality people have about ‘overly good,religious, sheltered girls’ and I guess people have their reasons for thinking the way you do.

I would classify myself as what you described and even more…I am such a goody two shoes, spirikoko to the core, had a very sheltered upbringing, not fashionable (would just throw on some random skirt,top and sandals or flip flops and leave the house), don’t know how to use makeup (many times I go around with a bare face), I don’t use weaves, I don’t use jewellery. Let’s just say i’m what 9ja people will refer to as SU look alike. By ‘posh’ people’s standards, i ‘led’ a boring life. I used the word led because i’m now married.

I married in my early 20s. Now i wouldn’t say if that was sheer luck or a divine blessing but by ‘posh’ people’s standards, a man shouldn’t even have approached me. Before I got married,I had guys tell me, do you think guys will be flocking around you with this your simple look, you don’t dress this way,do you think you’ll meet a guy to marry. I wasn’t the best dressed or the sexiest girl but I had the best dressed and sexiest confidence inside me. I told them straight up, I won’t get men flocking around me, I would get just one man who would love me just as I am.

Of course that man came along and I heard the worst of words from ‘posh’ people. ‘How can someone like you have a fiancee when there are better dressed girls who walk like ladies who are still single?’ Yes, someone actually said that to me. Apparently, I also didn’t know how to walk like a chic, I just walk jagajaga. (Well, I don’t walk jagajaga anymore, thanks to motherhood) Another insinuated I wasn’t supposed to be getting married because I am a spirikoko girl.

I’m not bragging but I know I married a prince charming.

Overly good, religious and sheltered girls can definitely get a good man. So Porsche, I know I’m not within your age range and may not understand what it really feels like but sweetheart, the right man will find you in due season and your marriage will be bliss on earth. ?

• ? Porsche ?

January 12, 2017 at 11:13 am

You didn’t have to apologise Deji, but you did – that in itself is noble. Your apology is indeed appreciated.

22. Skampa Doe

January 11, 2017 at 11:44 pm

@Porsche attended COZA church on Sunday there are nice responsible men there

23. ? Porsche ?

January 12, 2017 at 12:42 pm

@Ani, awww… Reading your comment was heartwarming – especially the bit where you promised to remember me in prayer (how thoughtful – now I’m pleased I told my story; I have some added warriors taking the matter to God in prayer) – thank you and amen ?

@Comfort B, thank you, but regrettably I’m not based in Nigeria ?

@Alakada, ?? You can’t be taken seriously ? and in any event, I’m not in the US 🙂

@Ah Be De, thank you ??

@Skampa Doe, ?

• soldouttochrist

January 21, 2017 at 11:39 pm

you are in my prayers as i pray for myself ..i am 28 … i really wan to get married

24. slayyy

January 12, 2017 at 2:07 pm

I’m only here for the bride’s outfits mehnnn!! Slayage!!

25. ? Porsche ?

January 13, 2017 at 1:57 pm

@Bobosteke, you are far too kind – I am not entirely sure I am deserving of your compliments, but it is very much appreciated 🙂 A resounding AMEN! Thank you ?

26. Mercedes

January 15, 2017 at 11:12 am

Please porsche, contact me on the email [email protected].
    Am very much interested. Thanks