Relationships

“I went in for a fling and got stuck…a fling turned into Marriage, Marriage turned into family” – Nollywood Actor Jnr Pope to his Wife on her Birthday

BellaNaija.com

Nollywood actor Jnr Pope Odonwodo’s wife Jennifer is celebrating her birthday today and the proud husband took to his Instagram page to share a sweet message.

He said:

Happy Birthday To The Envy Of All Women, My Wife and my life @qutejay
It started with that youthful exuberant thought of just having a fling with you when I first saw you, Little did I know that like a lion cub I was on a journey to find my pride…….My ways changed, My blessings tripled, My joy multiplied, and within a couple of years I am a Daddy of two. Dear God I bless the day you (Jenny) came into my life. Though it’s not been all rosy; I Will do anything and everything to make my marriage work…..So help me God…..Happy birthday My life and love….20/01/2017.

In another photo, he captioned:

HAPPY CAKE DAY, BORN DAY ,…..I went in for a fling and got stuck, A fling turned Marriage, Marriage turned family, Family Turned old age…..(Heading Towards that direction)……Just cannot stop celebrating you my oxygen, The envy of all women ….@qutejay…..Wishing You Everything graceful, Many more happy years to come……20/01/2017

1. Onyx

January 21, 2017 at 11:22 am

Jeez. Not everything you say out. “I went in for a fling”. I can’t even tell my wife in private that when I first knew her my intention was just to smash and run. How disrespectful for this lad to go on SM and put such out. Even that was the thought in your head when you first saw her and fancied her, keep it to yourself dude. Maybe I’m wrong and seeing things a bit from an old school perspective but that first line rubbed me off in a wrong manner. If my sister’s hubby wrote that about her on their anniversary, I’ll sure be pissed.

• ropo

January 21, 2017 at 12:27 pm

I understand where you’re coming from, but it could also be a form of playful honesty. I do agree that we don’t necessarily need to know that i.e he didn’t need to broadcast it to the world. But I don’t see any reason why he can’t say it to his wife in private

• Amaka

January 23, 2017 at 7:30 pm

What kind of saying is this one na.

• Kween

January 21, 2017 at 1:23 pm

I feel exactly the same way. Somethings are better left Unsaid.

• Huh?

January 21, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Yes you are seeing things from old school perspective.
      When I met my husband, I was bored and needed some activity, someone new to talk/chat with, It wasn’t love at first sight. I tell him every time we gist, it wasn’t my intention to get hooked at that point in time, but love came and knocked me down…. He understands.
      Thing is, if you marry your friend, telling the truth won’t be such a big deal.

• Wale

January 21, 2017 at 4:12 pm

A bah, take it easy. A fling could be a few kisses and necking. This one is over sabi old skool?

• Vidavi

January 21, 2017 at 9:31 pm

If they are best friends like most correct couples are they would laugh at that statement together

• BB

January 22, 2017 at 11:23 am

Nigerians and fairy tales, not everything or everyone story is “BellaNaija” wishful thinking. Many people meet under different circumstances. At the time he met his wife, he probably wasn’t ready to settle down, he just wanted to ____ (date/have fling/have sex/insert whatever word you are more comfortable with). But meeting her changed him, his intentions changed. They got married and live their happy after.

Have you heard of people who meet their significant other as sex workers? Circumstances are different, just appreciate the story from the angle it’s coming from.

And by the way he can choose to share whatever “his truth” is that he wishes to share.

2. Pearl

January 21, 2017 at 12:18 pm

@Onyx that I why you are you, and not Him, every body has their own way of reasoning, just like Omotolas Husband that said something about how sweet it was the first time he slept with his wife, I don’t see anything wrong about what he said.

3. Felinda

January 21, 2017 at 3:26 pm

I like Junior Pope. You can tell he’s really matured overtime and very family oriented. He never seizes to show off his wife and kids. He’s so into his family. God will bless you sir.

4. mum

January 21, 2017 at 6:00 pm

I love how he is not afraid or ashamed to profess his love to his wife any given time.. My husband is Igbo and I am cross river, he came for a fling and he got hooked. I always tease him about how I snatched him from his girlfriend. Almost every one knows our story , and I dont find it offensive at all.

5. funmilola

January 21, 2017 at 9:12 pm

okay, can I say I’m looking for a fling too?
    Lord, you know this your girl is still hoping for that special one ba

6. Cocobutter

January 21, 2017 at 11:57 pm

@ Onyx, I agree with you, I found that statement offence too, and very disrespectful!! But each to their own, I guess his wife doesn’t mind!!

7. Human

January 22, 2017 at 2:23 am

Hian…

8. cross

April 29, 2018 at 8:57 am

Pope live your life my brother..forget the hypocrites