Relationships

She Thought He Was Cheating … Then He Proposed! Nollywood Actor Jnr Pope’s Dramatic Proposal

BellaNaija.com

Junior Pope Odonwodo ProposalNollywood Actor Jnr Pope Odonwodo and his wife Jennifer got engaged a year ago, and married in Delta state this July.

In case you missed it, here’s their creative pre-wedding shoot as well (click here).

The couple shared their proposal story on Instagram… he told someone to tell her he was cheating, but it was the ultimate set up for the proposal.

Here’s her story in its entirety,

“Before that fateful day,,Esther & I had been talking & she told me that a girl/fan (Ojeah) was coming from London and she already made arrangements on a hotel where she would stay and that my man would be spending a day or two with her at d hotel……I asked Esther how she got the info,,she said my man told her hubby and her hubby told her in confidence…but cz of d likeness she has for me,,,she wouldn’t want me fooled/hurt……………I was irked,,,I was hurt,,but I was strong enough not to shed a tear…..after further inquiries,,Esther told me the girl would be coming 21st sept 2013..but my man would join her on 22nd (a day after)….I was relieved cz I had a wedding 2 attend on 21st & I was d maid of honour………

On 20th,,, my man told me he had something to do in ph & would be there for two days….that statement confirmed Esther’s words…..I still couldn’t believe it was happening cz I trusted him with my life….I told him he could go & that he should drive safely……………………….On that fateful day 22nd sept 2013,, I went for service,,I wasn’t comfy,,tots kept crawling….tots like : what could they be doing now?? Hugging,,kissing,,or prolly straffing….(lol)….before d service was over,,I left church & headed for ph……u needed to have seen me..I wore a strong tight,, a black dress and a flip flop ready to fight….I got to ph,,,met with Esther & she took me 2 the supposed hotel…she said she’d wait at d reception while i go knock at 101…I did and behold this fair gurl came,,,opened d door and said : YES?? WHO ARE U??

I pushed d door ready to explode only to find 4 other people in d room including my man,,,a bed decorated with scented candles & cute roses,,it had d inscription : SAY YES…[email protected] fell on his knees and said : I’m tired of being on the fast lane…I want u to have my last name….& he showed me this beautiful ring…awwwwww awwwww awwwwww…I wept uncontrollably…..its one year today.. @jnrpope”

In the comments section, her husband said this… aww…

Jnr Pope

BellaNaija-rains would you like a proposal like this?

1. ChelizRuby.

September 22, 2014 at 4:18 pm

I love their story and they look good together. Ride on guys, may the love you share keep you together forever.

theshapecube.blogspot.com my naija weight loss blog. Eat and lose weight!!!

2. lee

September 22, 2014 at 4:22 pm

i no like that kind joke o

• i scream

September 22, 2014 at 4:46 pm

That is? I don’t know how o, Bt am certain, if Na me e for no work o, cos I go spoil am one kind. Don’t like d joke at alll

• Person

September 22, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Make nobody try that kain joke wit me o!!!!

• toxic

September 22, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Ahhhh ROUGH PLAY!! Na for anoda man house I for spend dat 22nd nyt. Ph kor sokoto ni. Life is too short for one man biko

• Bleed Blue

September 22, 2014 at 6:26 pm

LOL! I know right?

It could have ended badly depending on the girl’s temperament. I mean what if she’d gone and bought acid, ready to freely splash at said side-chic? It’s been known to happen innit. 🙂

Having said that, it’s all very cute the way it ended and I can only imagine the relief of switching from potential break-up mode to forever mode. Many more years of love and light to y’all!

• Berry Dakara

September 23, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Me either!

3. @edDREAMZ

September 22, 2014 at 4:24 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Love do exist no doubt…. Long and lasting union is all i wish them…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

4. Molly

September 22, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Not a good joke, they are lucky it went well.

• PurpleiciousBabe

September 22, 2014 at 8:00 pm

I barely understood the whole thing.
      In a nutshell, she is now married.. ok.
      Enjoy!!!
      I agree, I dont like the concept/story…weird!

• rachelbrezy

September 23, 2014 at 9:10 am

waht dhu yhu knw… read carefully jare

5. LOLS

September 22, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Hmmm…. Very risky proposal. A lot could have gone wrong but thankfully in this case it didn’t. All the best to the couple.

6. MC

September 22, 2014 at 4:35 pm

I cant certainly be the only one that thinks….actually, let me keep my mouth closed (well, stop typing).

• Hmmm

September 22, 2014 at 7:53 pm

…that actually thinks he might be cheating (oops, I said it) *running away*

Oh well, all the best to them both…

• MC

September 23, 2014 at 9:42 am

hahahahahahah I didnt say that.

7. Busola

September 22, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Congrats oh… But guy, please slap yourself for me for toying with someone else’s emotions. It is wrong on many levels

8. Lorna

September 22, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Aaaaww nice…..loooove their pre-wedding photo shoot.

9. blaquepearl

September 22, 2014 at 4:49 pm

See my gurl Osi-ine Jack & my boy Seeker sika ukoh chaii! wish ’em Hapy Married Life .

10. slice

September 22, 2014 at 4:54 pm

so stupid…to avoid losing more brain cells, i stopped reading

• Tuu

September 23, 2014 at 6:27 pm

As in!” That was d best he could come up with,its either the guy is a confirmed cheat, or the girl doesnt do anything productive with her time and the guy is well aware of it,for some1 like me,this won’t work,cos all of una go wait tire,i’ll even confront you about it b4 u leave,so no need,If le boo has nothing more creative,please gather my kinsmen and make known your intentions,good for them though,glad it worked out well,shows they are of like minds.

11. novex

September 22, 2014 at 5:08 pm

good thing she wasnt like half jammo ….. acid na him that fair girl for see before she go get chance explain say na joke oh

12. Babygirl

September 22, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Well, he’s a nollywood actor, so the script, movie like, not so funny proposal could be accepted. However, I’m not digging it as if it is me, I would not go to any hotel to confirm the rubbish hint.

13. missteaq

September 22, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Like!How do people even think this story is sweet? All I see a woman ready to beat up another woman ‘cos of a man.Like its the lady’s fault ur guy is cheating..And then travelling to ph just cos a friend told you ur guy is cheating??I’m gone pls

• nene

September 22, 2014 at 6:58 pm

u hit the nail on the head. i won’t even travel if i hear my husband is cheating. travel for what?

14. Michelle Emiaha

September 22, 2014 at 5:34 pm

No no no! I wouldn’t want this kind of proposal cus i wouldn’t bother showing up at the hotel. Would just cry my eyes out at home, no matter how much my friends urge me to embark on the journey. Most especially, i dont wish to show up for my proposal in flip flops and fighting dress. But then, the dude knew his wife very well and knew what she was capable of, that was why the proposal plan worked out perfectly!

15. the queen

September 22, 2014 at 5:45 pm

ok. u travelled to ph to “fight” hmmmmmmmmmm. thank God it ended in a proposal.. dat ws risky o. as for me.i no fit o. like I said early, thank God it ended as a proposal.

16. Ola

September 22, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Whatta hell? I’m lost for words. In what world is this romantic?

17. NaijaPikin

September 22, 2014 at 6:06 pm

This is the most ridiculous thing i have read. I can’t even start with all the things that are wrong. sigh.

18. i no send

September 22, 2014 at 6:41 pm

2 minutes of my time i won’t get back

19. Rubyred

September 22, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Abeg o, which kind rough play be this one o, what if she was a cray cray babe and wen there with a gun that is how person will just die for no reason

There are some jokes that shouldn’t be played o. He couldn’t just think of something elaborte and romantic… o ma ga o

Dear young men, do not try this o!!!!
    It might not turn out well.

The joke was too expensive hahan!

20. Tbaby

September 22, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Kwakwakwakwa ( laffing in japan) if na me, I for dn bite off d chick nose, before I go realise say na joke, Lol (just kidding sha). But d proposal was a risky one sha.

21. Jackie Onassis

September 22, 2014 at 8:05 pm

I will never fight for a man!! By the way, I don’t like the story truly. … It is stupid and child lish

22. D

September 22, 2014 at 9:05 pm

I am about to play devil’s advocate but everyone that has complained about the proposal obviously that’s why it was not meant for you or me. It is very obvious the dude knows the time of babe he had and he knew it would work. (I think). Obviously, she found it romantic if not she would not share abi??? I guess my point it is, it works for them so why not just wish them well.

• D

September 22, 2014 at 9:06 pm

****the type of babe******

23. Beautygeekng

September 22, 2014 at 9:23 pm

I guess he was just trying to do something unique

24. Nollywood Reinvented

September 23, 2014 at 3:28 am

Just dropped by to say, without even reading the article, I read the headline and all I could think was “I’ve seen that movie, it does not end well” lol (Devil in the Detail starring Nse and Adjetey)

25. Kiki

September 23, 2014 at 6:26 am

Maybe romantic in d end but this would have ended badly. I would not want this sorta proposal @ all.

26. Beeee

September 23, 2014 at 7:37 am

For this kinda thing to work, you must know your woman and he clearly knew his woman. I’m sure she might have said something like “if I hear you are with another woman, I’m coming to fight both of you”…kinda funny to me sha + he is an actor.

27. Max

September 23, 2014 at 9:08 am

Had to travel to Ph bcos of a prank,thats risky.

28. sum1special

September 23, 2014 at 9:25 am

What if his babe arrived the hotel with a gun and shot the girl who opened the door before discovering it was suppose to be a surprise?

29. Ade

September 23, 2014 at 10:32 am

Ah! Travel to confirm? This is the Real benefit of doubt.

30. Noksis

September 23, 2014 at 10:40 am

Lame i think. If i hear my man is cheating. I will just turn cold on him. Go check him in the hotel God forbid

31. Sylvia

September 23, 2014 at 11:21 am

Dear JuniorPope, i have my reasons for respecting you but you are gradually puching me. Using the media to advance yourseld is cheap. Please turn to better things like advancing your career. I am not particularly impressed with all your gushings on Lindaikeji’s blog, BellaNaija, Instgram an what not.

32. Annie

September 23, 2014 at 1:56 pm

If you want to marry me pls go straight to the point, no long thing, no stress me lols

33. Tunde

September 23, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Lol @ Annie but it is romantic. If naija man no romantic problem, we romantic problem. which one will we do ?