Music

Omawumi unleashes new single “Butterflies” | WATCH the Video

BellaNaija.com

We love it when new music comes out at the very beginning of the year! The confidence and boldness of the artiste shines through and that’s certainly the case here as Omawumi has just released her new single “Butterflies“.

The release of the ballad is instantly accompanied with the video directed by Chris Hernandez for Bobby Boulders Films.

Watch.

1. adesuwa

January 2, 2017 at 5:27 pm

Beautiful
    Weldone omawumi.
    I always look to her for good songs and I wasn’t disappointed.
    This year, enough of all the gbigbi gbangban

• Overrated

January 3, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Sorry, not feeling this at all. The only reason everyone is ranting and raving is because the standard is so low in this country. Yes, she has a great voice but is this really the best she can do with it? She looks rough all the time, so now she’s finally wearing a decent dress without her cornrows, everyone is all excited. If this is the best Naija has to offer then its no wonder we don’t have any true cross over artists! My two coins bella. If you like don’t post as usual!

• Tosin

January 4, 2017 at 6:33 pm

This project is lovely and inspired.

#Lovebirds

2. Authentic Sunshine

January 2, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Beautiful one. Welldone

3. I don't know

January 2, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Well done Omawumi……. Well done ????

4. Spunky

January 2, 2017 at 7:55 pm

This wasn’t so hard now was it? Can we pleassssss get more of this, this year? Well done and you look beautiful.

5. Jessy

January 2, 2017 at 8:20 pm

It’s a waste of talent if you have a wonderful voice but release music with no content. A lot of Nigerian artists are guilty not only the recently accused artist. Thank you Omawumi for showing that we can make good music.

6. M (the real one)

January 2, 2017 at 8:58 pm

She has a beautiful voice but her rendition / production on this particular one is somewhat off. BUT beautiful video with ‘real’ 100% blacks, how refreshing?!!!

7. Simi

January 2, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Yet some say we are picking on women musicians’ lyrics. I hate the idea that I must support you without reason just because we already picked on in many ways.

Anyways, great job, Omawumi. Your growth with each album is exactly how an artiste should be. Leave us guessing. Love it.

8. EC

January 3, 2017 at 12:01 am

WOW!!! ??

9. nene

January 3, 2017 at 1:51 am

i don’t like her voice on this song.

• FinchleysFinest

January 3, 2017 at 6:06 pm

are you using a cheap earpiece to listen to this same song??

She killed it …

10. tunmi

January 3, 2017 at 2:16 am

The video is beautiful

11. Marian

January 3, 2017 at 5:30 am

This should be the theme song if they ever do a movie on the whole Toke, Maje and Anita story

12. dupsy

January 3, 2017 at 5:56 am

Thanks so much! Originality and uniqueness! What a breath of fresh air from what I see our local artistes do with the naked women shaking their you know what I am talking about! Please more of this Omawumi and thank you so much once again!

13. nnemummy

January 3, 2017 at 8:47 am

Thanks Omowunmi. forgive me Jesus but Yemi Alade’s songs are WHACK. wonder why and how you garners awards.

• Overrated

January 3, 2017 at 3:33 pm

I wonder why women are always held to a higher and more critical standard. Will all the whack songs the male artists put out there no one seems to bat an eyelid but our female artists on the other hand are supposed to be Shakespeare and James Baldwin combined. Tired of the hypocrisy.

14. Frosh

January 3, 2017 at 9:53 am

WOW!!!

15. Dr. N

January 3, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Loved it!!!
    Lyrics on point. The rhyme butterfly and lullaby was ???
    Melody haunting
    Video concept cool.
    Makeup and outfit…100% That red dress is everything
    If u do a remix, dear Omawumi, kindly modulate or switch voice parts towards d end. It will take d song to a new place
    (Na that ya church member be dis -???)

16. Butterscotch and Lemons

January 3, 2017 at 8:06 pm

I thought the name of the song is Butterflies. Why does the title in the intro say Butterfly ?

17. A.M

January 4, 2017 at 1:38 am

I was going to read through comments and decide whether or not the video was worth wasting my data on but I know better now. That’s how I read terrible comments about Justin sky and wizzy’s collabo..someone even said she needed voice coaching sessions, only for me to stumble on it a few days ago on tv and I actually enjoyed it! Because of the awful comments I read here, I scrutinised every note and every word she sang..I don’t think she needs voice coaching sessions. So I’ll just watch this video anyways and form my own opinion.

18. Asgrl

January 4, 2017 at 8:39 am

Side chick/Stan anthem of the year. ?