Scoop

#BBNaija: Day 28 – Biggie the Quiz Master & An Eviction

It was another tough week for the housemates!

Eviction Diaries

A cool, calm and composed TTT opened what could be his last Diary Session with a touch of humor; sharing his hope that this would not be the last time he came to tease Biggie. While he also expressed his thanks for the perks of a haircut that he said made him ‘look like a human again’, he was quick to shoot at Marvis whom he thought would be leaving the House. For TTT, Marvis should go because she lacked girly manners to his liking. He said she was unique in a tomboyish way and rolled with guys very well to the point that she was like ‘another guy’.

Gifty almost crawled into the Diary Room, immediately confessing she was feeling awkward because she did not want to go. Amusingly she also seemed to believe Marvis would be going home yet half-acknowledged that she “must have something special” to have been nominated twice by Housemates. Gifty admitted she had gotten comfortable in the House and dreaded returning to the daily grind and hustle of her life.  Until Biggie reassured her that she was a star, Gifty simply believed the world outside didn’t have anything to offer her! Upon hearing Biggie’s soothing and encouraging words, Gifty softened up, and in a syrupy-sweet voice said she desired power and fame and wanted Big Brother to help her attain them. Gifty ended by saying that she was “at his service”.

As for Marvis, she marched to her session humming “Please vote for me guys! There’s still time to vote”. Oozing confidence and equal to her fun self, she told Big Brother she had been herself all through and it’s always enough. Behind her laid-back and approachable attitude, Marvis casually revealed her very selective nature when she disclosed that she had only made a few friends in the House as opposed to TTT for whom friends automatically became family.

It’s Biggie, the Quizmaster

Apart from the small matter of tonight’s Evictions, Biggie told the Housemates that there would be a high stakes game with amazing prizes. The three Nominated Housemates, Fake Housemates and Bally (because he has the Green Advantage Card) were not included in the quiz. There were some amazing rewards on offer as well as another big advantage.

The stakes couldn’t be higher as Ebuka revealed the rewards on offer. Firstly, immunity from Nominations for the week ahead as well as a traditional Nigerian feast of the winner’s choice. Over and above these awesome prizes, the lucky Housemate could win a PayPorte shopping voucher worth 200 000 Naira and 300 000 Naira in cash, a bowl of ice-cream, 28 BBNaira to shop for luxury items during the coming week or a slab of chocolate all thanks to PayPorte.

The Housemates were chosen randomly with Biggie’s Ninja entering into the House with a bowl with seven numbers and three numbers were to be chosen from the bowl. The Housemates were given numbers to hold up with Bisola, Bassey, and TBoss being chosen by the auditor and they were whisked off to the Live Stage.

If the Housemates answered their questions incorrectly they could be up for automatic Nomination for the week ahead. Over and above that they would have to do a whole host of Tasks in the House such as sweeping duties for the week, become the Joker for the whole of the next day. As if that was not enough, Ebuka informed them that they might have to wash dishes for a full day and they could not receive any messages from home. The prizes were all in two bins, one was the Win Bin and a Lose Bin.

34 quiz ninja 5 004 pre

Bisola was the first up and won immunity from Nomination next week with her correct answer of who the first person in the Diary Room was, which was TBoss. Bassey was up next and he was asked how many robotic cameras there were in the House and he answered immediately “29” which was correct. He won a traditional Nigerian dish of his choice. TBoss, unfortunately, didn’t get her question right which was “How many windows in the Arena” and she had to pick from the Lose Bin. She learned that she had to wash the dishes in the House for the next week. TBoss got off lightly as she could have been up for Nomination.

The Eviction

A relieved Marvis collapsed on the sofa next to Bally after Biggie Saved her.

This was the third Eviction that Housemates had lived though and they had grown accustomed to the pace.

As the actress that she is, Gifty couldn’t have planned for a grander exit. She had saved her best act for the last: when Biggie called her name, she swiftly walked towards the door, without blinking or looking back as if she was in a hurry to leave the shark tank that the House had become for her

One could have heard a pin drop as no one in the House had shed a tear, shouted, jumped or collapsed. None of the dramatic scenes that had livened up Evictions ushered Gifty out.

It was deadly quiet.

1. Nne

February 19, 2017 at 10:27 pm

All the best with your future endeavour Gifty. I hope you find a good manager that is ready to guide and polish you for the better. You have a good heart but a misunderstood personality. I might even recommend toke makinwa as a possible mentor on dealing with critics.

Not really interested that much in BB anymore because of the outright hypocrisy especially from the ‘clique’ and their fans. At this rate, I dont mind Tboss winning the money.

• Nma

February 19, 2017 at 11:46 pm

There’s nothing wrong with Tboss. “At this rate I don’t mint Tboss winning” what’s that supposed to mean? As far as I’m concerned Tboss is the only genuine female housemate in the house, Bassey is the only real male housemate. Also Ese and John are genuine but they’re fake housemates so it doesn’t count. Bisola, TTT, Marvis and Efe I can’t stand that clique. I want neither of them to win so they can be humbled. Plus they gossip way too much and aren’t authentic. They think they know everything and over analyze. Uriel is so manipulating and she’s the real definition of Judas. I also find it funny how she looks for someone to gossip with and “open up” to every Sunday. As for Gifty, she’s beautiful but very shallow. I have never seen someone so unintelligent. You ask her a question, she answers and you don’t even understand where she’s coming from or what she’s driving at. It was painful watching her diary sessions, or listening to her conversations.. Beauty without intelligence is like a masterpiece on a tissue paper. I agree she was picked on but she made herself a candidate. It’s not about having a coach, she needs to think of what she says and how she says it. If you have nothing to say, be quiet. She also needs to try to be herself.
      Whoops, all this essay for Big Brother Naija.

• Nne

February 20, 2017 at 12:02 am

Lol I like Tboss too and she is real to me…. She just wasn’t one of my favourites as i dint find her captivating but i do like her. Thats why I said ‘at this rate’.

As for gifty, if you pay attention you would see she is a girl from a poor background and didn’t have a quality education (forget the beauty, I think she may be more ‘street’ than efe)…… she needs to be coached, there is no harm in helping someone who needs it. instead of criticising them, show them how to be better. At least from what i saw in the house she was always ready to listen when a housemate tried to correct her. Ps; she is intelligent at least from the weekly games they do…. she is just not articulate and book smart. She needs to find her strength and develop on it.

@lolu bally has abusive tendencies and I dont like men like that but he is a contender too.

• Bola

February 20, 2017 at 12:25 am

Nne, I agree with Nma.
      Also, yes she might be from a poor background, but that shouldn’t determine if you’re wise or not. Being rich or poor shouldn’t dictate whether or not she should be level headed. When you say coaching, it might help her personality, polish her and all but coaching won’t give you sense. No one can open your brain and put sense inside. You have to agree that she’s not the smartest person. Smartness isn’t only about being a geek or being book smart. There are people who are poor illiterates and are VERY smart. People say Kim Kardashian is dumb, she might not be the smartest person but she’s definitely not dumb cause no dumb person will be able to make millions and sustain it. Please, I like Gifty but she was a pain to watch. There are people from poorer backgrounds who’re very intelligent and level headed. 90% of the time she spoke I felt very embarrassed as if I knew her personally.
      Nma I also agree. TTT, Marvis, Efe and Bisola I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t win. When you form a clique it backfires, ask previous Big Brother housemates who were in one. Uriel is so two-faced and boy oh boy, Bassey is too smart. I love his calm nature too. I wouldn’t mind Bassey, Tboss or Bally winning.

• Bola

February 20, 2017 at 12:27 am

Although I agree Bally has abusive tendencies, you’re right. I noticed it.

• Nne

February 20, 2017 at 10:00 am

@Bola Kim Kardashian is Dumb!…. Kris Jenner is the one who is ruling that empire, Kim is just the face of the brand. Why do you think Kim is so attached to her Mum?

To be honest I prefer a gifty/toke makinwa to a kim kardashian

• Abk

February 20, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Nne, Kim Kardashian is “dumb” and I’m not a fan but you cannot compare her with Gifty. Even if her Mom is running her empire as you have said, she cannot run everything and that’s a fact. No dumb person can make millions and sustain it, I agree and that’s just it. Gifty however is not the brightest. All these Toke and Gifty are Kim Kardashian wanna be’s. Gifty actually said severally she’s done a lot of research on Kim Kardashian and wants to be just like her (?); so what’s your point really? Everyone knows Gifty is not smart, she even knows so I don’t get your comments. Yes she’s beautiful (there are lots of beautiful girls so you can’t even rely on your beauty) and I like her but let’s call a spade a spade.

• Nne

February 20, 2017 at 3:00 pm

Hi @Abk, of course i know they want to be like Kim K but I prefer the two ladies because I connect more to their backstory and kind of understand why they are this way and their desire for fame…(I dont know if its pity i feel for them).

I am not a fanatic but I do have a soft spot for gifty because she made me smile while in the house. and I believe she can do so much better if guided properly.

2. lolu

February 19, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Nne I agree with you but i ll rather throw my weight behind Bally

3. king Bey

February 19, 2017 at 11:10 pm

I will miss my Arabian shape on the show….Marvis should have been evicted instead,she’s quite boring ,all she does is chew her lips like my late Grandma….I will sooooooo miss Gifty and her drama,she was such an intresting girl to watch….. Bisola should take it easy with ttt…….My Arabian shape should go out there and conquer

4. Dinma Igbokweuche

February 19, 2017 at 11:19 pm

Who ever wrote this is good. Summarized everything thing. Gifty, come back n start ur acting career

5. o

February 20, 2017 at 12:54 am

Instablog on IG put up a post suggesting Bisola gave TTT a blow job. Is it true? I don’t want to believe that. I don’t watch just read the gist on IG & BN

6. kpomkwem

February 20, 2017 at 1:05 am

She’s the only reason i tune in once in while… Believe me, that won’t be happening again.

7. Cocolette

February 20, 2017 at 1:50 am

I once had a friend exactly like Gifty, mixed race (or whatever the politically correct term is), very pretty but not so intelligent and she was quite the flirt. But you could see that she had a good heart, people gossiped about her a lot but she didn’t let it get to her, she took whatever corrections she could and let the rest go (lol…man pikin cannot come and die abeg). Today she is doing quite well in her chosen career (entertainment), she’s been featured quite a number of times on Bella Naija.
    There’s hope for Gifty, she does need some brushing up and polishing, she also needs to be taught to think well and arrange her words before she lets them out. She’s actually a good actress from a movie I saw on YouTube and so hopefully she gets featured in bigger movies.
    I’ll be rooting for you, Gifty… all the best!

• Susan

February 20, 2017 at 2:33 am

I get what you’re saying but that’s not the point. I like Gifty a lot and I’m also rooting for her. The point is, she should be cautious of what she says and she should be herself. All that accent upon her horrible English is unnecessary. Just be the best version of yourself, that’s all you need. I agree she was scrutinized in the house but she made herself a target. She was so shallow that she’ll talk so much to the extent she’ll make little or no sense and some of the housemates will make fun of her in the process and she was dumb not to realize and be quiet. She was surprised that Efe nominated her, someone who swapped her for TTT, yet thought Tboss nominated her?? No matter how beautiful or talented you are, if you have no brain and you’re not wise; there’s only so far you can go in life and that’s the sad truth. I’m not sure how to tell someone to work on their brain but she needs to be a lot more reasonable and be quiet when she has nothing logical to say. By the way, she’s not mixed race.

• Cocolette

February 20, 2017 at 3:58 am

I think we’re saying the same thing…almost. I said she should think well and arrange her thoughts/words before letting them out because she tends to say things that can be misinterpreted. She’s young, she has a lot to learn as per comportment and being articulate but she will get better hopefully. You can’t say she has no brain because she doesn’t behave exactly the way people want her to. You think she didn’t realize that the housemates were making fun of her? What if her continual ‘dumbness’ in the face of so much jest was a defense mechanism?

• Belle

February 20, 2017 at 4:41 am

Cocolette, please she is not the wisest person. Period. It’s an open secret. Let it go. I’m a fan but it’s hurt to see a beautiful girl so empty.
      That being said, Bassey or TBoss for the money.

• Belle

February 20, 2017 at 4:41 am

It hurts*

• May

February 22, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Cocolette, that you’re young doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be reasonable or logical. Gifty and I are agemates. 23 is not old and it’s quite young but 23 is no baby. Even teenagers are much more level headed. Please let’s not try to justify anything. One looks ridiculous when one tries to justify what shouldn’t be justified. Like I said, she’s my agemate so I was sort of “connected” to her and I was supporting her, but truth be told; she is far from reasonable. Beverly was 21 when she did Big Brother Africa in 2013 and although she was overbearing; she was very wise and independent. So the age remark and justification doesn’t even count; I’m sorry. She needs to try and be herself, being fake does not help, if anything it makes one look ridiculous, she also should think before talking. And as you were already told; she’s not mixed race. I wonder why you even made reference to that in the first place.

8. Lilly

February 20, 2017 at 3:33 am

They are all playing d game.Bally gets angry quickly but from his diary sessions you will know he’s a good guy the way he talks about his mum and girlfriend,Tboss doesn’t belong to any clique but she has her own ways of playing d game trying to be nice to HOH and even forming what she is not,the other day she said a Ferrari killed her fiance bla bla bla. I just wish the organizers will do something for GIFTY to improve her carrier and increase her income cus she really needs help though she couldn’t express herself in the last(eviction )diary session. it’s a game anybody can win. I’m just having fun watching

• Shandi

February 20, 2017 at 3:09 pm

I’m still trying to get your comment or the point you’re trying to make and I don’t understand. Someone says a Ferrari killed her fiancé and the ONLY thing you can say is that is she’s forming? Wow some people are truly ridicous.

• Shandi

February 20, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Is that she’s forming^^^^

9. Thompson

February 20, 2017 at 7:38 am

I salute TTT & EFE

10. Anonymous

February 20, 2017 at 7:48 am

I wished Jon and Ese were real housemates. Big brother should just allow them stay till the end. They are the reason I started by watching the show.

11. Anonymous

February 20, 2017 at 7:51 am

Started watching the show because of Ese and Jon.

12. Ekene

February 20, 2017 at 8:24 am

I want Tboss to win. People should respect and understand that everyone is not from the same background and can’t see things the same way.

Efe think Tboss is fake because Tboss doesn’t behave “street’ or speak pigeon English.

If you watch the show you will notice Tboss’s attempt at pigeon and it sounds funny when she tries to. You will know that it’s not her.

Loads of prejudice especially from people from ” street background ” there.

The fans of the show are something else , very aggressive lots. Any attempts at saying something good about a house mate they don’t like, insults will start coming

I don receive plenty unsolicited insults trying to defend Gifty on Facebook and Instagram.

As she don go, me I don uninstall my WeChat and won’t spend nada for SMS for the show.

I pray she gets a good management team. If Kim K can make she too can.

• Abk

February 20, 2017 at 1:18 pm

I agree. She can make it. Thing is, you cannot compare her with Kim K. Kim K is not as dumb as most of us think. If it’s just beauty and beauty alone needed, some of would’ve had money as well as empires. I like Gifty so much and I wish her the best but she really needs to educate herself and be a lot more reasonable. As someone said, even illiterates have sense. They’re people who’re literates and don’t have sense. Having sense isn’t about being an A student. Being rich or poor shouldn’t be a determining factor on whether or not you should have sense. Even to say something reasonable is such a task for Gifty; it’s truly exhausting.

• Bubu

February 20, 2017 at 1:26 pm

@Ekene it is spelt Pidgin English

13. victor appollos

February 20, 2017 at 8:40 am

well gifty u have tried as a lady so to say,,,
    BT I wil say that I was so fade up abt u…
    Cus I hate d attitude u have.fake life is what can bring u down in life.

14. Justnery

February 20, 2017 at 9:28 am

Gifty was actually fun to watch… But for real she wasn’t intelligent enough to act the way she does! She missed her track in the game tho she did her best on daily tasks.. Tboss became matured after her toy left the house! But that clique isn’t gonna take bisola’s and Co.anywhere..Kemen is a critics and a tongue twister,,, Na fitness him good for and that’s all. If Ttt gets nominated again I bet he will leave the house cos he and bisola’s is becoming too comfortable there… Rubbish!

15. Mrs oluwole

February 20, 2017 at 9:28 am

It’s a pity about Gifty, she needs someone to drum it into her head that power and fame comes through hard work. She is pretty, she might end up marrying a rich person but with happiness evading her. Good luck to her though. Bisola giving TTT a BJ is the saddest thing I have seen on national television for a reality show. Desperate is the word, and I hope she doesn’t win. Bassey and TBoss are real but can they win the prize? The TTT clique reminds me of the “untouchables” of BBAfrica season 2(Larato, Maxwell etc). They won’t win.

16. Prince

February 20, 2017 at 11:25 am

Gifty is dumb. PERIOD. Lets stop sugar coating that shit. She’s too proud and irritating. A naija hairdresser wey say she no sabi FALZ and said BANKY is proud that he only came to act. what bullshit.
    If you watch Gifty’s diary session, you’ll almost break your TV. I’m glad she’s out.

17. Oladeleneyo

February 20, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Seriously I like gifty but she have a shallow mind, it’s painful she finally left but all the same. I wish her well in her jorney on the Run. Concerning Bisola I liked her so much bt she suld change her ways in (Clipue); hope to see her in the nxt season of #Jenefa’s Diary. Cheer !!!

18. oryleelee

February 20, 2017 at 2:25 pm

I like gifty buh her intellectual level is too low..she really need to work on herself nd try to improve on her presentation….I wish her aal d best

19. Dugos

February 20, 2017 at 4:53 pm

It’s only in naija that you get judged for being beautiful and having good manners…. I pity tboss. … see her crying in the house to bisola who was dishing out advices like mother hen just to run behind her and ridicule her with ttt. … plus my naija people everybody must not be streets bikonu. … we all came from different backgrounds and works of life…
    Gift is so dumb it was breaking my heart…. but a very sweet girl with a good heart…. some people are just innocently olodos if there’s anything like that…. the clique annoys me so much I think I have to stop watching bbn….. I’m waiting for them to put tboss up for eviction coz it’s so obvious she will be up let me start voting coz with this rate it’s as if this stupid clique determines who goes or stays…
    I have been straining my eyes watching this show to see how efe is entertaining…. that you speak pigin and dress like a tout and drum our ears with how much you have hustled isn’t entertainment… who no dey hustle? A graduate but can’t make good sentence…. I just tire…
    Uriel is the definition of green snake in green grass…. her hatred for tboss is on another level… nawaoh! Kemen food monger and Mr know it all…
    Anyway make we day watch…