News

Dele Momodu & President Buhari’s Social Media Aide Lauretta Onochie in Twitter Battle

Businessman and Politician, Dele Momodu, in an article published on Friday, praised the “positive” developments in Nigeria in recent times, saying that “every disappointment they say is a blessing”.

“While we are very sad that our President, Muhammadu Buhari, has not been feeling too well for some time now and needs treatment and recuperation abroad, I now believe that God wants him to also have some time for sober and deep reflection,” Momodu had written in the article titled Before President Buhari Returns Home.

The good news, Momodu said, is that Acting President Yemi Osinbajo is “doing some of the things we expected and advised President Buhari to do.”

“I do not want to over-excite anyone yet but this is smelling good, like the Americans would put it. We must enter special prayers and intercede with serious fasting so that President Buhari can continue along this path of progress when he returns to office, hopefully very shortly, by the grace of God,” Momodu added.

An excerpt of the article also read:

Truth is Professor Osinbajo is re-navigating the country in the right direction and should be encouraged to do more by President Buhari. If a man discovers a snake and a woman kills it, it doesn’t matter who did what. The glory ultimately goes to President Buhari for having the wisdom of entrusting Nigeria to such a loyal and dependable ally. Baba should ignore the demons of power who may wish to drive a wedge between them. Any parent or sibling would be proud of a child making the family great. This is what Osinbajo is doing and he should be commended and applauded for it….

…. When Baba returns, he should reach out more to Nigeria. Many people feel he has become too distant and a bit standoffish since achieving his dream of attaining power. I personally believe that this may not be the truth but perception counts a lot. When Baba comes back, he should be less acrimonious and reconcile Nigeria. Nigeria is haemorrhaging dangerously.  Prof Osinbajo seems to be waving a magic wand right now.  President Buhari will do well to own that magic wand when he returns and build on the progress made by his Vice President.  That is the essence of a good team. It is what Nigerians desire and what they deserve after the darkness that they have recently been plunged into.

After the article was published, President Muhammadu Buhari’s Personal Assistant (Social Media), Lauretta Onochie took to Twitter to “Educate Dele Momodu”. She wrote:

1. EDUCATING DELE MOMODU “Osinbajo is doing what Buhari failed to do” – @DeleMomodu

2. With a mindset like this, it’s sad Dele Momodu is clever by half. If he does not understand “Team”, how can he understand “Team Spirit”?

3. @MBuhari and @ProfOsinbajo have a great understanding of what it means to be a team. They respect, consult and collaborate with each other

4. Dele Momodu is used to d “Leaders behaving badly” ways of leadership where deputies do not dare breathe w/out d permission of d Principal

5. I have no doubt that Dele Momodu runs his Corruption-friendly business empire that way. He decides alone and consults no one.

6.Difference between Buhari/Osinbajo & Jonah/ What’s his name, admins is not only their stand on corruption. One is a team, the other wasn’t

7. Nigerians are applauding d cohesive team spirit existing between our leaders, Dele is using it to earn his keep from his corrupt friends.

8. It’s common knowledge that under this admin, all businesses with foundation built on corruption, will collapse. Did I hear a loud OVATION.

9. As an image maker and a friend of the corrupt who raped our nation, has Dele Momodu asked where his fees are coming from? Stolen funds?

11. It’s not lost on Nigerians that Dele Momodu helped to encourage corruption by providing an avenue for d corrupt to oil their corrupt ego.

12. Dele has taken a stand for corruption. He must now understand that our two leaders team spirit is stronger than his love for the corrupt.

13. Nigerians are learning again, that a President can delegate to the Vice so the benefit will go to all Nigerians, not just themselves.

14. Dele Momodu can no longer hide his disdain for d war on corruption. But joining accidental Social Media practitioners in this way is ill.

15. Nigerians are learning from a credible team that great respect, friendship, collaboration & consultations are possible between workmates.

16. Say “No’ To Dele Momodu’s divisive stance. It’s selfish, self-centred & egocentric. He alone, stands to gain. END. Thanks for retweeting.

Momodu, on seeing the Tweets, responded Monday morning:

Good morning Madam. I’ve been flying so just reading your tirades and vituperations against me. You picked on a wrong customer.

It takes a complete ignoramus to comment on an article he/she has not read or understood; when & where did I separate BUHARI/OSINBAJO?!

I know you want to do what you’re paid to do but if sent on a slave errand you should behave like a freeborn and know how to join issues!

I’m not a professional activist like you and so your opinion of me is complete fallacy; I freely supported Buhari bec PDP was no option!

You did not have to hide behind one finger to attack me; I’m not a member of APC in order to maintain my freedom of speech & association!

In my article, I praised Buhari for having a deputy like Osinbajo who obviously in our usual tradition couldn’t do what he’s doing now!

I said parents would be proud of a child who’s upholding the family legacy; only mischief makers would get angry that I encouraged Osinbajo!

In fact you are the one getting angry and separating BUHARI/OSINBAJO just because I said something positive is beginning to happen!

What common-sense should I borrow from a rude person like you; where were you in 2015 when the GEJ guys attacked us like you’re doing now!

Do you think I cannot advise BUHARI like I did to GEJ; my support was never a blank cheque and only a loyal friend will tell you the truth!

Then both parties kept silent.

1. Cynthia

February 27, 2017 at 3:34 pm

Please you guys should help me take this survey before posting your opinions abeghttps://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HYXZH5G. Less than 1-minute I promise. Thank you.

• Niger Delta Babe

February 27, 2017 at 10:02 pm

I am glad Dele shoved some poo up her mouth. Lauretta, I know it is hard to justify your pay since you literally have a job that should not exist. But please, have some common sense and stay quiet. Dele Momodu is ALLOWED in a free and democratic society to cavort with anyone of his choosing, and to opine on any issue in whatever way he deems necessary. It is not ya business to respond or better still insult him because you were hired as a guard dog. As a servant to me and other taxpayers through your purported work with the government of Nigeria, you are responsible for only tasks we assign and approve. We do not approve of your opinions in any matter since they do not reflect the level of literacy that speaks about and to us. I have not authorized you to speak. Neither has any other tax payer. So, please stop appearing anywhere in the news otherwise we will recall you from that position. Osibanjo and Buhari are on the same ticket – that is not in question. However with Osibanjo running affairs, the difference is clear. It may be an artifact of the times, a fluke, or happenstance. The fact remains Naira value is appreciating and he is showing up in places not traveled by the boss, and making tangible and REASONABLE commitments. So Ms. Nasty, plug your hole. When we need a market women’s “bianurie August meeting” we will be sure to invite you.

2. Madman

February 27, 2017 at 3:41 pm

Grandma Lauretta. Hungry madam. When will she touch her weave with a professional touch. She needs the D real good.

3. tunmi

February 27, 2017 at 3:49 pm

She is absolutely right on point #4:

“Dele Momodu is used to d “Leaders behaving badly” ways of leadership where deputies do not dare breathe w/out d permission of d Principal”

Someone also mentioned here, as Omojuwa tweeted, that Osinbanjo is carrying out Buhari’s plans. It’s very Nigerian to think that others, deputies and vice, cannot breathe or move without permission of the leader. Osinbanjo and Buhari are a team. Whatever one does, the other knows and is aware of. Momodu is merely reflecting Nigerian leadership: only the visible leadership matters (the man), all others are decorations

• Freemind

February 28, 2017 at 8:32 am

I totally disagree with you. One question please. Did you not feel the positive change after osibanjo assumed the post of president? If it has really been a team arrangement, how come it has to be now the president is lying critically ill that 1 dollar that was #550 dropped to #390 within 72hrs? Directors were fired at the airport? IGP in Kaduna state was summoned? Suddenly there was a meetig with the militants? Only a stupid person would believe buhari and osibanjo are a team. They are made to be but in real sense, they are not. If Mr.president were to be in office, dollar will keep rising, herds men will still ve their way, no dialogue with the militants yet, and nobody will be fired for abuse of office..we need to give room to visionaries and men of integrity to take Nigeria out of her sufferings , placed on us by a common school cert holder. Who has refused to give way for pple with great mind and gifted hands to navigate the country on the right path.

• bukano

March 11, 2017 at 10:24 am

Circumstances made Buhari temporarily hand over to osibanjo.. His ill health prompted it. Osibanjo in my opinion showed positive reactions in his short time in office. Upturn in our ailing economy, most especially reconciliation and visitation of places PMB failed to do.
      I wouldn’t see this as a coincidence, u choose to tag it as team work, remeber since swearing in of their government both have been in government, nobody called Buhari’s few success a team work. Suddenly osibanjo has piloted affairs into positive results. His success has become a team work, It’s apparent in every team we have a captain / leader. I prefer osibanjo as the captain of the team.
      So credits should be placed properly.

4. Mawi

February 27, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Abeg which village did they get this lauretta from? Is she even educated at all? She is dumb, uncouth & aggressive. She actually referred to former VP as “what’s his name”. ? Can they sack her already?? Jeez! Plus I agree with madman, I think she needs a good D. Konji can be a major ’causer’ of block headedness

• ramat

February 27, 2017 at 4:23 pm

Yawn……this sexist rants are becoming really boring. When Lai Mohammed or Garba Shehu vomit nonsense how come you guys never state that they need a good V abi na L? Address her inadequacies and leave her sex out of it. It’s uncouth.

• tunmi

February 27, 2017 at 8:09 pm

The men could truly use that g-spot stimulation

5. Prince

February 27, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Who’s this girl called Lauretta that won’t allow someone speak freely. Insulting people that pays her bill. Dele Momodu is an employer of labour and a tax payer and that’s where Lauretta’s salary comes from. Someone need to glue her lips and send her to sambisa. bullshit

6. Ada

February 27, 2017 at 4:06 pm

I didn’t see anything wrong with Dele Momodu’s writeup, i dont understand Lauretta’s aggression and rude words??????/

7. Jesus Buck

February 27, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Let me bind and look for Dele Momodu on Twitter and follow, that irate bitter demon is not worth even commenting about. ?

8. Jesus Buck

February 27, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Let me come and look for Dele Momodu on Twitter and follow, that irate bitter demon is not worth even commenting about. ?

9. This Lauretta though

February 27, 2017 at 4:36 pm

I watched this Lauretta woman on channels during d tuface protest saga and she was so uncouth and inarticulate. She makes d govt look so bad. She’s already towing d path of doyin okupe. All she kept talking about was how PDP was sponsoring tuface. Pls is that d point? PDP just like APC are allowed to be an opposition party, sadly they are sleeping. I felt like slapping her teeth with her ugly weave and makeup

10. NG

February 27, 2017 at 5:01 pm

This Lauretta or whatever is sure RUDE. Indeed it is only in this new world order of inlamatory speeches a la Trump that you can have such lack of civility from government functionaries. These are supposed to be visible/necessary role models. I need to make Dele a role model for him to be one, but not a leader in government.

That said, APC and thier lot told us that Buhari’s body language upped electricity supply within 3 days of his being sworn in. Will it be out of place to imagine there is something unique to the VP that is making us access some breath of life air economically well into one month of Oga’s absence?

Public servants and mumuism! Do we need extra brain to realise that even Nigerian air seems a bit calmer this last month sans divisive body and divisive language? Uncertainty, yes, but many may know what others don’t and are already moving ahead into a new era, a future that is no longer an uncertainty- read my lips if you can.

Just a point here that those praying for and asking for prayers for Buhari should carry go, but it is so that the man gets well and quietly retires to Daura to live out his days according as he was ordained to do before strongheadedness overtook him. Nigeria is a country in deep gore and we need capable strong hands and brains to run us out of the depth we were plunged into especially these past months. If you are Buhari’s wife, child or relation, will you seriously want him (old man of 74 or is it 80yrs?) to spend months in hospital and then come and face the rigors/challenges of governing Nigeria? That is like a bad wish from your enemy. That is also a bad wish for Nigeria. We deserve better especially at a challenging time like this.

11. Jezebel

February 27, 2017 at 5:25 pm

I hereby Christian her ????? “The Rottweiler”. I actually like her, she’s my type of woman (her balls are bigger than Paul Adeyemo and co’s).

12. Teew

February 27, 2017 at 5:28 pm

Can this omojuwa just shut up. He’s everywhere, fake online activist. And this woman alongside. Mchew

13. nene+

February 27, 2017 at 5:33 pm

Tuehhhh! Any one who criticizes this govt is corrupt! Even this mama marinated in corruption is calling someone else names? Tuehh very uncouth lady! When Dele Momodu was campaigning for your boss he wasn’t corrupt right?

14. Chuckie

February 27, 2017 at 7:39 pm

Dele Momodu is a respected journalist, activist and presidential candidate. Regardless of the election result, he has enough pedigree and support base to even attempt a shot at the presidency. What has Madam P.A on social media achieved beyond her current p.a status?
    If she’s already drunk on her P.A liquor, what would she do if she ever makes Minister?

15. Tee

February 27, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Did you notice the people that supported Dele Momodu, the same set of hypocrites from before the election. We know you don’t like the other side unless they are involved in eye service like your uncle Fayose, he’s got chieftaincy title from your elders or did he buy it as usual. Momodu you better guard yourself cos your sponsors are watching o, Mr I get paid for celebrating the corrupt. Ride on Lauretta!!!

• Tee is silly

February 27, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Deluded tee. Zombie

16. Stephanie

February 27, 2017 at 8:17 pm

I’m sorry, but I almost feel ‘too old’ for this child’s play nigerian politicians like dragging us into. I’m reading this like a bad program I just want to change the channel. It is sooooo tiring!! I can’t even imagine being a part of it. Uncle Dele, aunty Lauretta please I hope this is the last we hear of you this year!

17. Kkay

February 27, 2017 at 10:57 pm

MADAM LAURETTA, SHAME ON YOU!
    UNCOUTH IS NOT ENOUGH TO QUALIFY YOUR TWEETS.

18. nnenne

February 28, 2017 at 1:03 am

Lauretta should be ashamed of herself. Picking crunbs from the master’s table and making noise while Buhari ‘s tribesmen who are running this clueless government keep quiet! .

Common sense is not common, after all!

19. Paul

February 28, 2017 at 3:12 am

Dele Momodu built his business showing us the hip lifestyle of the corrupt and thieving Nigerians. To a lot of people, he cannot represent the larger population or stand with Nigeria when it comes down to wresting Nigeria off of these thieves. I don tok myyown!

• nene+

February 28, 2017 at 7:58 am

I sympathize with people who think all affluent individuals are corrupt! Buhari must have sprinkled you with delusions that celebrating excellence and hardwork is corruption. In your mind Obama is very corrupt for vacating on the Island, Branson Richard, COSCHARIS, all business mogul are corrupt. Keep at your hating job bro.

20. Oscar

February 28, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Please can the person behind EFCC twitter take over her job. This lady is plain ridiculous

21. Anon

March 1, 2017 at 10:01 am

@Ada, Momodu’s camp started it when Afikuyomi insulted Onochie in January, but people have forgotten all that. As for those taking sides, they will become the nincompoops when Onochie and Momodu settle as friends! Pls. don’t join them by taking Panadol for anybody’s ache

22. Anon

March 1, 2017 at 10:04 am

Is there anybody here who would not accept Mrs Onochie’s job on Social Media if appointed? Hypocrites, even Afikuyomi!