Scoop

“Let’s not do what favors us or favors our industry” – OAP Freeze urges Pastors not to Criticize People with Tattoos while Ignoring Other Parts of the Bible

Cool FM OAP, Ifedayo Olarinde also known as Daddy Freeze popular for his stance on religious fanaticism in the Nigerian society in a recent interview with Hip TV has accused Nigerian Pastors of being guilty of similar crimes to the ones they criticize daily. He said Nigerian Pastors criticize people who draw tattoos on their body but forget that the bible also speaks against shaving your facial hair. He said:

“You tell your congregation that you’ll go to hell if you have a tattoo because the Bible says in Leviticus 19:28 that if you have a tattoo, you’re gonna go to hell or it’s wrong to have a tattoo forgetting that Leviticus 19:27 says that if you trim your beard, it’s as bad as having a tattoo and you have a clean shaven pastor judging somebody that has a tattoo forgetting that the two of you are breaking the laws. So, if you want to do the law, do the full thing. Let’s not do what favors us or favors our industry”

See the video below:

@daddyfreeze lashes out at pastors condemning tattoo. #hiptvnews

A post shared by HipTv (@officialhiptv) on

1. Anne

February 24, 2017 at 8:50 pm

This is why Jesus came. No one can follow all the laws hence Jesus wouldn’t have come. Therefore accept him. He made the sacrifice so we can be righteous.

• Ottawa Queen

February 24, 2017 at 10:06 pm

Someone should talk sense into his thick skull. He just jumps at anything he sees in the bible, misquoting without fully comprehending. It’s people like Freeze that are deemed as the anti-Christ, widely misleading people and sending them to hell. Listen to him at your own peril!!

2. Paul Adeyemo

February 24, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Daddy Freeze, my mentor. Big up brother

• #Proudnigerian

February 25, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Study the s scripture for yourself inugo

3. Catherine

February 24, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Simple Gospel By United Pursuit

I want to know you, Lord
    Like I know a friend
    I want to know you, Lord

I want to know you, Lord
    Like I know a friend
    I want to know you, Lord

So I’m laying down all my religion
    I’m laying down
    I want to know you, Lord
    I’m laying down all my religion
    I’m laying down
    I want to know you, Lord

I use to think that I could box you in
    But I’m laying down
    I want to know you, Lord
    I use to think that I could box you in
    But I’m laying down
    I want to know you, Lord

I’m laying down all my religion
    I’m laying down
    I want to you know you, Lord
    I’m laying down all my religion
    I’m laying down
    I want to know you, Lord
    I want to know you, Lord

Lord, I’ve been told to be ashamed
    Lord, I’ve been told I don’t measure up
    Lord, I’ve been told I’m not good enough
    But you’re here with me

I reach out and you find me in the dust
    You say no amount of untruths can separate us
    I reach out and you find me in the dust
    You say no amount of untruths can separate us
    I reach out and you find me in the dust
    You say no amount of untruths can separate us

I will rejoice in the simple gospel
    I will rejoice in you, Lord
    [Repeat 2x]

And I reach out and you find me in the dust
    You say no amount of untruths can separate us

I will rejoice in the simple gospel
    I will rejoice in you, Lord

I will rejoice in the simple gospel
    I will rejoice in you, Lord

4. Victor Adegoke

February 24, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Jesus is the way,the truth and the life. Only Him can cleanse Sins.

5. Ottawa Queen

February 24, 2017 at 10:02 pm

This guy Freeze keeps getting things all mixed up! What law is he talking about now? What testament is the book of Leviticus for goodness sake? Old testament right? Because as Christian’s we know we are no longer bound by those laws of Moses and Abraham, if you read the books in the new testament. It tells us as Christians we are no longer bound by the laws because when Jesus came to die for our sins, He took away the curse that was placed on those who disobeyed the laws. No one can be made right with God by the law, the scriptures say, The one who is right with God by faith will live forever. Galatians 3: 5-13

6. Buni Bunie

February 25, 2017 at 9:01 am

He is so right. A bunch of Pastors are simply uneducated and misguided. Imagine a pastor quoting Deut 22:5 that a woman shall not wear what belongs to a man but the same pastor who was wearing jeans (cotton) and sweater (wool) cannot even read Deut 22:9 (4 verses down). Churches are big scams but the average gullible Nigerian will always fall for it

7. Bellovich

February 25, 2017 at 10:06 am

Ottawa Queen, you’re just blabbing and making a mockery of yourself. Learn to Read to comprehend and not to attack, just because you hate freeze. Freeze is also trying to emphasize on Gal 3:5-13, He is letting pastors know that if they say we should obey a part of the law (tattoos) then we should as well obey all (shaving beards and more). Freeze is pointing the pastors to preace the gospel – Grace and truth.

8. tolu

February 25, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Freeze is so bold to attack naija pastors. Kudos to u bro for dis. Religion is a crap. Naija pastors are just biz men simple as abc. Freeze i like u so much d way u are pointing fingers to dem. Weldone bro