Music

Muma Gee files for Divorce from Prince Eke as she Releases Photo Evidence of Domestic Violence

BellaNaija.com

Muma Gee and Prince Eke

Singer Muma Gee has filed for divorce from her husband Prince Eke, her publicist Don Saint has said.

Speaking to Premium Times, Don said: “Her husband, started the media attention in the first place and Muma Gee had earlier decided not to go public or share messy details of their union on social media. But it became necessary that she had to clear the air as most people felt that her husband was the victim and was saying the truth.”

According to Don, more details will be released soon, adding that Muma Gee fears for her life and safety following series of death threats from her now estranged husband.

Prince and Muma Gee got married in 2011 and have three children together.

In December 2016, he shocked many when he called her out on Instagram for “abandoning” their family for extra-marital affairs.

He went ahead to add “single father of three” to his Instagram bio, and also revealed in an interview that their marriage is over.

In a recent interview, Muma Gee, spoke for the first time concerning the issue, saying that she was a dedicated full time housewife for 6 years.

“I gave the marriage all my life, all my time, but if the persons involved are restless a bit, you can’t be in control,” she said in the interview.

In what can be seen as a reaction to Muma Gee’s statement, Prince Eke shared a photo of himself, his eldest sister, and their 3 children with the caption:

If infidelity, adultery and certain fetish activities does NOT make you RESTLESS… Then prepare to REST IN PEACE

Don said Muma Gee had reported the case to the police on Sunday as, according to him, Prince’s post said Muma Gee should prepare to rest in peace.

“The singer says her estranged husband took the photos when she granted him access to see their kids at Sheraton hotel Lagos between the hours of 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday night. She added that as soon as they parted ways, he took the photos immediately and posted on the Internet, thereby creating the impression that she abandoned her kids while he was just seeing them in months.

Unknown to Muma Gee, his plan was to get the photos for his Instagram post. We have photo evidence of domestic violence and battering that led to their break up on the night of November 5 2016, before he packed out of their house into a hotel next street to their home in Port Harcourt, and with all sorts of false allegations to assassinate her character,” Don said.

Don shared photo evidence of domestic violence:

Photo Credit: Diamond Celebrities

1. nene+

February 26, 2017 at 6:55 pm

I hope these unprepared people will not destroy this institution called marriage! What’s happening to all of ya?

• Justreplying

February 26, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Of all the emotions to feel for a woman that was beaten by husband is what you just felt above? Teach others how to prepare Biko. Can you imagine the humiliation and regrets, a woman would feel after a man who treats her like the queen of the world while they were dating and change colour as soon as they get married? Human beings can be good actors when they are set to achieve some goals. It’s just so unfortunate that DV is so common now…or wait a minute, is it that these generation of women are no longer as silent as their Moms? Please teach women to be prepared enough so that we can end this. I am tired of this sad tales as well.

• Funmi

February 27, 2017 at 3:36 pm

It is not about unpreparedness. It is the fact that today’s generation of women is informed. My Aunt was abused several times, and every time she’s abused my grandmother would welcome her back with open arms and love, only for the bad tempered useless man to come begging with his family. Eventually, my Aunt is left with a quarter eye, i.e., one blind eye and the other…uhm…. Please, no one should condone/accommodate any act of DV.

2. nnenne

February 26, 2017 at 7:11 pm

Nothing new is happening.
    I think Nigerian women have just found their voice. Africa has been a man’s world for years.
    African women have come of age.
    Now is the time for a change! !!

• EC

February 26, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Yes women are finding voices. We can no longer stay silent and have our children witness such animalistic behaviors

• Chief

February 26, 2017 at 9:14 pm

What do you mean by Africa has been a man’s world for years? Why are men the ones fighting and dying in wars? Why can a woman hit a man but if a man hits a woman it’s a serious assault?There are more injustices in our society for men.Women are not oppressed in Africa rather they are more privileged.What else do you want? To take away our Patriarchal society that was given to us by God? Patriarchy is balance and is giving men the power/authority in society as compensations for their increased responsibility within society.

U see why women are hypocrites,they always speak of men to be terrible but they do the exact same thing by empowering themselves by saying rude and harsh things to men.You think all men hit and berate women?Y’all are looking for excuse to get more power over men.You complain that men are sexist against women but your attempt is to demonize men at every turn.All this your equality grandstanding is pointless,it will go on until human race causes it’s own extinction.However what a lot of women lack is respect for men’s physical strength and forbearance.

I strongly believe if you respect us as men and show a modicum of politeness,physical violence would not even be an issue.Women slap men all the time it is widely accepted so why is there such double standard you insist of equality but always take the stand point on men should n ever hit a woman”So hypocritical”

• Adukeologe

February 27, 2017 at 6:10 am

Which planet do you live in where it is okay for women to hit men? Stop making shit up. Nigerians will even tell a woman to sit there and keep collecting slap while praying for her maniac husband to change but will scream “abomination” on a woman that dares do the same to her husband.

OH! Women fight wars too by the way. Please come out of the stone age.

• kwinny

February 27, 2017 at 10:22 am

Aren’t you that chief that supported cheating in some blog post ago? You’re still dull.

• Kiki

February 28, 2017 at 1:13 pm

U dnt think we deserve respect too?

• Bey

February 26, 2017 at 9:56 pm

My sister thanks for this comment.
      Even in our grand parents time some men will have the effrontery to bring a child he had outside into the home and the wife will raise those kids as part of hers. No complaints.
      People will even say she should be thankful he didn’t bring the woman home.
      She didn’t have a choice because most likely back then she was a house wife who depended solely on her husband.
      Typical Nigerian man will tell you. What is cheating?????
      Like my married colleague who wld say no woman has the right to tell him what he can or can’t do. What’s the meaning of cheating. He’s provided all she wants,what else is she looking for. That did he sign a contract with her she’s the only woman he wld sleep with till he dies.
      I just SMH in disbelief most times.
      The average Nigerian man idea of marriage is to just have a woman in the house, have kids, keep the home clean, cook and have sex at random. While not nagging and allowing them to still go out and do their frolicking.

• kwinny

February 27, 2017 at 10:23 am

like the “chief” above you in the comments. rme

• Kiki

February 28, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Most of dem says,they are african men they can have so many affairs they wish to,so as an african woman u should clean the house,cook nd take care of ur children

3. allthecutenigerians

February 26, 2017 at 7:22 pm

She had time to put on makeup after getting wacked. Not that it is funny but it is a first.

• Random

February 27, 2017 at 12:36 am

No need to be cynical. Won’t she go about her daily business? Don’t you know make up helps her to feel some normalcy amidst her challenged and also raises the self esteem?

• Random

February 27, 2017 at 12:36 am

*challenges

• Looooll

February 27, 2017 at 3:38 pm

I was thinking about the same thing too LMAO!!!

4. Married woman

February 26, 2017 at 7:51 pm

Women in Nigeria are going through alot men no longer care because they know they can get any woman they want if they want to, I have been married for nine years and I can tell you I only enjoyed my marriage for 6month before things started going apart I have just been in this mess because of what people will say and my mom that has insisted I most remain married by force. When I had my last baby i was beaten seriously by my husband two weeks after I delivered through Cs in the presence of my mom, this man does not have respect for my family. The purposes for beating me was because I had another baby girl and not a boy. My huby will tell me to get out of the House that he is beinging another wife, there is no peace for me and my 3girls it has been he’ll for years. As I speak I cry and am so down cos he came home yesterday again and started fighting me again for no reason. He wouldn’t allow me to work even though I am a graduate. This was a man that had nothing before marriage I fed and clothed and encourage him, I remembered going to montain of fire for prayers for God to give him a job. Now I have become nothing to him after he discieved me to resign from my job to take care of the kids and I made that mistakes. I have fasted prayed and done all I can but I no there is a purpose God is still keeping a life for a purpose. Right now all I do is to look at him and keep queit while he insults me. Am just pouring out my heart cos am so heavy heart right now and no one to talk to#CRYING

• Concerned reader

February 26, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Leave before he kills you or you die of depression. You need to get out. Move in with your parents and don’t agree to leave their house. So sorry about what you are going through.

• Hey

February 26, 2017 at 10:49 pm

Hi, I think you should find a women’s support group. You shouldnt be going through this alone and since your family is indifferent about it, find someone else to help you. Don’t die in that marriage cos another woman will move in and your baby girls will become trash. Please, at most, contact the ministry for women affairs

• Chy

February 27, 2017 at 4:17 am

Would like you to join Females In Nigeria on facebook that is if you not a member, a burden shared becomes lighter…

• Kiki

February 28, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Yea,i would love too

• Jayn

February 27, 2017 at 7:12 am

Here’s what you need to do.
      Start putting money away. Little by little.
      Find a job. Quickly.
      When you get one, if you don’t have enough money saved, borrow from a friend, get a place of your own, take your girls there, and start to pay the money back little by little.
      You need to leave that house.
      And fast.
      Your three girls will suffer for it if you don’t. Not just now, but in the future.
      They will think that this sort of thing is normal.
      The way this man beats you in front of your mother, is the way your daughters’ husbands will beat them in front of you. That is if you are still alive, if this man hasn’t killed you before then.
      You have to find the strength. Somewhere. You’re clearly a religious person, so pray. Know what you are praying for. Pray for the strength, and then leave that house. For the sake of yourself, and your girls.

• adelegirl

February 27, 2017 at 9:48 am

Madam, if you do not leave now, this man will kill you and your 3 girls will be left alone with a beast for a father who will make them suffer. Please contact Project Alert or the Lagos State Domestic Violence Unit they can help you get shelter while you get back on your feet. Your children will not thank you if you leave them motherless because you couldn’t find the strength and courage to leave their father who beats and disrespects you.

• kofo

February 27, 2017 at 12:00 pm

So sorry for what u are passing thru,there b light at the end of the tunnel……..empowerment is d KEY,after wish u can then decide what to do with him.

• The real dee

February 27, 2017 at 12:19 pm

Madam, if you are in Lagos state, I believe domestic violence is an offence there and you can actually go and seek help at the Ministry of Justice. Please do not let this man kill you. Forget what your parents are saying about remaining in the marriage. Go away, just go somewhere. If you believe he can still change, leave the house and embark on your prayers. You can go to the same MFM prayer city and continue praying about the marriage but please leave that house.

What kind of beast beats a woman after a CS? You shall not die in Jesus name but please don’t cut your life short.

It appears you made some mistakes, as you wrote, “was a man that had nothing before marriage I fed and clothed and encourage him, I remembered going to montain of fire for prayers for God to give him a job”. You really enabled this man. I’m sorry but it is not a woman’s place to feed or clothe a man, we are queens and should be so treated. Since some men like to lay claim to patriarchy, then they should be the one doing what you did. Nevertheless, we can’t cry over spilt milk, the mistakes have been made. You need to act fast, please stop crying and be strong for your kids or another woman may come and put them through hell. Go and report this man or leave the house for some time and go and pray.

• Idomagirl

February 27, 2017 at 7:56 pm

He beat you in the presence of your mother and she’s still insisting you remain married.
      Does she want to bury you?

• maxine

February 28, 2017 at 11:38 pm

let me tell you now, he won’t change. This is exactly what happened to my mother (except when he tried to beat her, she went crazy on him and sent him to the hospital with injuries) and she is finally divorcing him now after 29 years of marriage. She regrets not leaving earlier.

5. Corolla

February 26, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Over to Paul Adeyemo. Let him come and tell us how Muma Gee was a Jezebel slut who couldn’t submit and pushed her husband to beat her.

6. Susan

February 26, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Thank you for this!

7. Valentina

February 26, 2017 at 8:02 pm

this is going to be one hell of a divorce.

8. Susan

February 26, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Lots of men this days don’t like their women been successful,after marriage they try all they can to make the wife’s carrier go down,and worthless at the end of the day they blame the woman for her own downfall,they feel their wife is competing with them,

• Mawi

February 27, 2017 at 10:36 am

No! Not men of these days. Men have always been like this, especially Africans. But let’s be fair, it’s better in these present times than the times of our parents and those before them. More men are getting enlightened. It was much worse than now.

9. Kelly joshua

February 26, 2017 at 8:34 pm

#1 the photos of domestic violence shows that what he did was very wrong…#2 is like you forgot to speak out exactly what went wrong that brought the humiliation? Yes he wouldn’t have done that but nothing happens for nothing

• swagg1

February 26, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Your point is??? The woman got battered and you are asking for detail?? serious;ly!!!

• kwinny

February 27, 2017 at 10:27 am

another dull fellow

10. Yahoo

February 26, 2017 at 8:41 pm

Too bad!, if nah true. I won’t judge the guy, i will wait for his side. Muma gee nah proper street woman and highly connected, prince will not dare to beat her. That bruise injury might be as a result of struggling with her, no blow to the face, cuts, or swollen injury.

• I am

February 26, 2017 at 10:48 pm

The face is powdered

11. Jesse

February 26, 2017 at 8:43 pm

All these stupid things happens only when a woman marries a man. glance back to 2011 when Muma Gee had too much money, you just imagine the rest.

12. issokay

February 26, 2017 at 8:44 pm

hmmmm, wait o! is it that he beat her up, then she made up her face just to take this pictures as evidence? is like applying make up for a mug shot, did you know you were going to be arrested? na kweshion I ask o, before you guys jump down my throat!

13. Nana

February 26, 2017 at 8:44 pm

See Prince Eke accusing his wife of adultery..dude is a serial womanizer. Nigerian men never seize to surprise me. This woman dimmed her light for yours to shine, for six years she went low, left limelight to concentrate on her marriage and what did u pay her back with?

14. Tosyno

February 26, 2017 at 8:50 pm

I am only seeing white and black skin colour

• Ono

February 26, 2017 at 9:20 pm

What do you want to see, her dead body?

• Kiki

February 28, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Ask am oo!!!

15. Saziiiiiii

February 26, 2017 at 9:17 pm

See,let us all face facts…No body and i mean no woman plans to divorce her husband after marriage…It happens because WOMEN ARE TIRED OF TAKING BULL SHIT… You both contribute 50:50 into the marriage and yet the man wants to cheat u and take 80 while leaving you with 20… Dats not even bad enof…With the 20 u are managing, he still wants full control of it…The truth is this, our mothers were silent and we are speaking up…All dese domestic and verbal abuse took place in their tym, but in order to hide the shame of breakup to the society,they suffered in silence…Stop it women!!!! Speak up and be free from bondage…when u hv tried ALL u can and its still not working plus abuse is setting in, PLEASE COMMOT!!!! BEFORE YOU ARE COMMOTTED FROM PLANET EARTH

16. OJ

February 26, 2017 at 9:20 pm

they no longer live together for some time now, so where did she get those insect itches from? As usual they wan claim domestic violence….who knows if she wasnt the one doing the beating on the man sef? Runs mamas are usually smart, not surprised…Tonto dikeh might learn a thing or two

17. Awanen Richard

February 26, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Well, women of nowadays need to be dealt with cos they are tigres in sheep form. Muma Gee WS a hot chick before she get married to the handsome actor so she is missing all her deeds back then. If wje has decided to go back to her former stuff Prince Eke has to let her move on and concentrate on the three kids. A typical Russian will always be a Typical Russian no doubt about that

18. tobi

February 26, 2017 at 10:07 pm

I think its a bold step requiring courage for an Any woman to decide ENOUGH. I salute every woman who has the strenght to walk away. It is easier to stay, keep up appearances with a smile and then behind close doors cry and let the demons out. So may woman live this misery.

19. Mary

February 26, 2017 at 10:42 pm

@ Married Woman.. I can see you copied all you wrote from FIN (Female In Nigeria). Such a shame you would go so low to post another woman pains she shared with the group few months back in here. I hope women like you are found and deleted from the group..
    Stop sharing another woman’s story from FIN.

• honestly

February 27, 2017 at 5:23 am

Mary , What if it is another womans story she hasnt breech anyones confidenciality no real names have beenn used. and how do you know if mary isnt the same woman sharing her ordeal anonymously on bella. I tire for your very unreasonable bitterness. You must have a whole lot of headspace to waste time being critical of someone sharing a story anonymously, a story that rings true for a lot of womenn going through DA .Jeez!!! Really what is your point!????

• AnonSK

February 27, 2017 at 10:19 am

Dear Mary,

what makes you think she copied the story? What is it with all these FIN warriors sef. Can she not have a similar story with the one written in the group? Please if you have nothing nice to say be quiet, and waka pass, I believe that is one of the rules in your “FIN” group.

20. Married woman

February 27, 2017 at 12:06 am

@Mary you make and laugh at what I am going through…..hummm May you see what I have seen in life except my story is copied I don’t even no or belong to any group you are talking about I only came out to share what am going through and I leave you to God to Judge

21. Married woman

February 27, 2017 at 12:13 am

@Mary I don’t need you to believe me I needed to share my pains and cry it out and I have done that, I don’t need you to believe me all I need is God to fight my battle shallom

22. john

February 27, 2017 at 7:46 am

Like domeone said on LIB …the new found lies every Nigerian woman is using for divorce is beating and threat to life,all u danm lies
    5 lies that women tell when they want a divorce
    1) he use to beat me
    2) he gave me STD
    3) He is a serial cheater
    4) he never provided for me
    5) it is never my fault

all lies and full of contradictions and no logic..any person that belives a woman version of story is the biggest fool in the world and deserves whatever to that person

• Fisayo

February 27, 2017 at 9:15 am

John John!
      Foolish John!
      Everlasting John, the King of Misogyny!
      John the Idiocy Baptist!
      John Bull!
      John the Abuse Apologist!
      John John!
      It’s okay….it’s okay….

• Tobi

February 27, 2017 at 10:16 am

@fisayo thank you , my first belly laugh for the day. Your comment made me LOL on a crowded train.nBest tonic for Monday mornings. Gotta Love Bella?

• Ewa

February 27, 2017 at 12:07 pm

Gaddem!!! This killed me.. Lmao!

• anon

February 27, 2017 at 9:28 am

Tututu deaar John.
      Couples can decide to split amicably under the irreconcilable differences clause. There really is no grounds for lying except were money is to be made i.e johnny depp scandalous divorce settlement. I mean what other reason would a woman choose to lie. Makes no sense but Please feel free to enlighten us with your unbiased indept knowledge on the workings of a Nigerian womans mind.

• Pepsi

February 27, 2017 at 2:24 pm

@ john speak for your mother, sister, nieces , aunties, daughters and women who have been stupid enough to even let you mtchewwwwwww. Thank Fisayo for that Oriki chant she made for you.

23. Sadstories

February 27, 2017 at 8:29 am

Very sad stories this morning. I have been married for 11years now and can relate to most of what is said this morning. My husband was never violent me but verbally abused me for the first five years of marriage.But at some point i picked up myself, got a scholarship to business got a grant for my business, and sadly he now respects me.

This is not oyinbo movie, in Africa we are very materialistic, the men also. I am respected by my husband and his family because am well to do now.

Dont ever quit your job, dont ever loose who you were before marriage. Its not a new future, just a continuation of the life you were always living.
    People pretend, and as soon as you are in the house their true colors shines through. Dont bank on no one but yourself, especially because of your kids.

It is well, one day we will make better and more informed choices in marriage.Single folks please take your time…

24. king Bey

February 27, 2017 at 8:39 am

John you are useless,who gave birth to a useless somody like you? I am sure you never learnt anything good from your father or he probably taught you the wrong things…I pray men will beat your daughters maybe then you will believe some men are violent…..ewu Gambia

25. omooba

February 27, 2017 at 1:40 pm

@married woman, I would strongly suggest you leave this man. Make solid plans before you do so. Start putting money aside, go to women’s DV units for help, start a business, do whatever it takes to liberate yourself. Let me tell you a true story extremely similar to yours. A woman I know hung in the marriage for 23 years but guess what? the man eventually got rid of her. She did not leave her matrimonial home with a pin, not even her underwear, talk less of the younger children. She had to start all over again and thank God has achieved in a short while what she never achieved in the 23 years of marriage. Unfortunately, she is now fighting to be allowed to even see her children. Please leave now, men with narcissistic tendencies don’t tend to change.

26. Dollyp

March 9, 2017 at 5:20 am

My advice to women is to look before you leap .Don’t get carried away .Don’t align yourself with a man without substance. .A lot of men these days are hollow, mean and shitty.. Only a few are sane. .Please by all means find something to do ..Do not be totally dependent on a man.. If you are lucky with the stars and you meet a sane one good for you. .Some of our women too are reckless and want to live a fake life ,mounting undue pressure on men.. If you are guilty please stop..However,if you are a women doing her best to excel in life ,setting good examples, showing love to your husband and all you get is constant physical abuse because for some reason he feels threatened and has a long developed complex ,please re-appraise the relationship.If all entreaties have failed and the abuse continues, please leave the house for a safe place, Your life is more important and when leaving take your children along.. When safe,.contact a lawyer and file for divorce or separation ..A lot of women have lost their lives in the process of waiting too long. Please don’t be a dead example of a physical abuse victim to be used as a reference point in the future.. May God help women to make wise choices. Amen.,