Relationships

Tonto Dikeh celebrates son King’s 1st Birthday with Emotional Letter & Adorable Photoshoot

It has been a tough week for Tonto Dikeh but she is standing strong and focusing on what matters most, her son!
For the first time, the actress/musician has revealed the face of her son online via this adorable photoshoot in celebration of his 1st birthday.
She has penned an emotional tribute to King Andre.

Read below;

Happy birthday my Love! ??????????????????????????????? Where do I even begin! This angel right here was sent from God to do wonders. My son! My little King! You have been my biggest strength and joy. Sometimes I feel as though I need a spare heart to help contain my love for you. (In tears)My baby boy,I have a son. The ocean to my eyes. The calm in my life. The one that soothes my soul with just a glance in your eyes. My prayer for you is that you walk in the path God has set for you. Everything else will fall into place! I will make sure you do not waiver from that set path. It is my duty as your mother. My obligation to you and the almighty God that put you in my care. As you enter your first year on this earth may you continue to experience abundant happiness and joy. Unexplainable success and favour! Incomprehensible blessing from all corners of the earth. Always remember that your father is the creator of this world. So you must tread it with confidence. He is the almighty God, so do not ever fear or feel flawed in your life. You will do wonders. As you take your baby steps may they grow into big strides and may you walk into more blessings! Just know that Mummy will be there at your back cheering you on as your personal cheerleader. I love you Baby! Always and forever! #KingIsOne #BirthdayBoy #KINGY #1 #MAMAKING ????????#THANKFULHEART #GRATEFUL #KINGANDRE ???????????????

I have watched you blossom,From the first day I laid eyes on you I knew that Our love will be forever..You have brought me so far,Am grateful to you kingy!! Watching you grow teeths and learn to crawl,then Walk now all you wanna do is make mommy chase you all around..I LOVE YOU PASSIONATELY,YOU ARE MY HERO!!! You took all my Love and made me beautiful,My prayers for you today was private and intense,Baby I know heaven heard us????❤???????????????????? #KINGISONE #HAPPYBIRTHDAYBABYLOVE #KINGY

Wishing King a happy and blessed birthday.

1. Billionaire in grace

February 17, 2017 at 8:14 am

this is really a churchill Junior…. he looks so much like his dad

• Observer

February 17, 2017 at 9:18 am

Absolutely spot on!
      His father’s replica right there!

2. katings

February 17, 2017 at 8:15 am

happy birthday king

3. Spunky

February 17, 2017 at 8:18 am

Happy birthday little king.

4. Olayemi

February 17, 2017 at 8:21 am

And the cycle continues…..Overlove son. Son grows up and chooses babe. Jealousy sets in. Purposely annoy new wife and fight starts. Wife reacts. Then pressure son to call for her head for disrespecting MIL…. smh.

• Jaygirl

February 17, 2017 at 8:30 am

Not a fan of Tonto but please there’s a special kind of joy you experience when you see your child developing and hitting milestones. It is natural so I have no clue what you mean by ‘overlove’ son. It is absolutely okay to be happy for others – never forget this please.

• olayemi

February 17, 2017 at 9:13 am

Hi Jaygirl. I understand you. I’m definitely happy for her. I just see this thing of overloving a child playing out in women when they don’t get that type of love they crave from their hubby. And it manifests into something so big that the woman can’t even stand another person in her son’s life in future. Then DIL and MIL struggle starts when boy gets married. I’m not in anyway saying it will happen it this case and by his grace, it won’t. I was just saying “some stories start this way”. I’m definitely happy for her. God bless her and her son.

• nene+

February 17, 2017 at 9:09 am

Loving is different from spoiling! Mothers can relate with this, I got shaky with goosebumps when mine turned One! I pray that the family reunite to give the boy all the stability he requires. Happy birthday little man! Please Tonto a step into having an all round beautiful son is enabling him also his fathers love.Remember your son is innocent! May God heal your marriage.

• Seriously

February 17, 2017 at 1:23 pm

@olayemi
      I totally agree. Some mothers pamper their sons too much because of the lack of love they didn’t receive from their father and husband. The entitlement, and catering to his ego grows with him. He can do no wrong in the mother’s eyes. Any woman that comes into his life should also feed into his ego. If not, she’s in trouble

• tunmi

February 17, 2017 at 2:35 pm

You raise a very valid point. Very valid. Let me come and be going.

• The real dee

February 18, 2017 at 6:43 am

A woman can never ‘overlove’ her son. I do understand what you mean Olayemi but there’s this deep love a mother has for her children that cannot be measured or quantified especially when they are still in the infant or toddler stage and are so innocently dependent on the mother for survival.

Having become a mother myself, I now understand better why my mother in law loves her sons so much that she would even say ‘love you’ to them. Of course I felt a bit awkward hearing her say ‘love you’ to my husband over the phone but she then started saying it to me too and it just became normal. But that love between a mother and her children is so deep that to say a woman overloves her son seems unreal.

• MC

February 19, 2017 at 9:05 am

You felt awkward hearing a mother tell her son that she loves him!?
      Huh!?

5. MrsO

February 17, 2017 at 8:22 am

Motherhood looks so good on you Tontoh.. may God bless and keep you and your son.

6. D

February 17, 2017 at 8:22 am

Kingy be looking like Daddy vomited him.

• D

February 17, 2017 at 8:24 am

Pray God bless you all the days of your life. HBD LO.

7. Bubu

February 17, 2017 at 8:27 am

Happy Birthday cute boy. God bless you. Please give this boy an opportunity to grow up in a stable home with mum and dad. Biko.

• Ada

February 17, 2017 at 11:42 am

Therein lies the fallacy. There are lots of unstable homes with both a mom and a dad. A child doesn’t need 2 parents to be happy. Sometimes divorce is better for the children because there is so much fighting and toxicity in a “married” home. The fact that something is the norm doesn’t always make it right.

8. Tracey

February 17, 2017 at 8:28 am

Sooooo cute! Beautiful

9. Hmmm

February 17, 2017 at 8:34 am

@olayemi you no get sense , in your mind you just portrayed this child’s future right??God is the writer of destinies, am so sure HE didn’t borrow you HIS pen this morning!!! Okponu??….. Happy Birthday King!!

• olayemi

February 17, 2017 at 9:08 am

Uncultured human being. So you can’t disagree without insulting. Go learn how to speak a little without throwing insults like a child.

10. Carina

February 17, 2017 at 8:49 am

HBD.

ckjacob.com

11. Lara

February 17, 2017 at 8:51 am

This is so adorable…daddy’s carbon copy….so lovely

12. Victor Adegoke

February 17, 2017 at 8:54 am

Congrats to little Churchill. Please Tonto reunite with his Father and build a better home for your Son. God will help you, Amen.

13. Sola

February 17, 2017 at 8:57 am

So so beautiful.

But my OCD won’t let me enjoy that last picture because her crown it kinda tilted to the right. My hands are itching to adjust it so I can rest and at least enjoy such beautiful pic.

• ANGRY ME

February 17, 2017 at 9:22 am

Mehnn!! I thought so too, the last picture keeps doing my eye in. Beautiful pictures overall.

14. Don

February 17, 2017 at 9:07 am

What a wonderful baby mummy’s love which you God protection and good health

15. Mimiph

February 17, 2017 at 9:08 am

Happy birthday King,May you live long!!

16. Peace

February 17, 2017 at 9:26 am

Happy birthday cutie

17. afia

February 17, 2017 at 9:30 am

There is nothing like overlove for a child and it’s one thing i can say in confidence cos only God knows how a parent feels towards their child and for me it has opened my eyes to how God loves us his children He has created. God bless you little one for making your mother feel all the feelings she is feeling and a joyous birthday to you.

18. LOL

February 17, 2017 at 9:34 am

I’m with you Olayemi, just can’t get my head around all this overkill love, display of love words on social media, the grammar, “teeths”, punctuation.
    Research has shown that too much praise for a child makes them grown up with an unfounded sense of entitlement.
    Let’s just give our kids cuddles, have a little birthday party for them when we can, constantly whisper in their ears that we love them. And if we do feel it has to go up on social media maybe a line or 2 of well balanced words of endearment not this competition to show the world how many smileys or words we can use to prove our love.

• Yawn

February 17, 2017 at 9:52 am

Zzzzzz

This is why some of you are always so bitter. When your parents didn’t show you enough love growing up. There is nothing like “overloving” your children, wtf am I reading???

To even insinuate this is why most kids grow up and feel entitled is ridiculous. Frankly speaking, you just sound jealous of those whose parents showed them love and affection. Period.

Happy Birthay o jare King. Such a cutie

• Olayemi

February 17, 2017 at 11:29 am

LMAO ?. Bitter? Jealous? Parents didn’t show love? You make me laugh hard. It’s Ok to disagree but you assumed a lot with this your comment.

• Ms Briggs

February 17, 2017 at 9:57 am

Grammar [email protected], so for u “makes them grown up with an ……” is correct English abi?

• iJo

February 17, 2017 at 10:21 am

The bit I don’t even get is that a one year old is her “HERO” O_o

• Anne

February 17, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Showing love to a one year old and even older children is a good thing. They need to know that they are loved at home. Balancing this love with instilling the right values and discipline is not easy. Last week, someone’s husband told her that she is weak in the area of training her son. He was rude to his mum and she did not do anything about it. Her hubby is very caring and responsible. He was so pained that he told her that having an irresponsibility teenage son does not start when he turns that age but if he keeps getting away with little things from as little as 4. He said that some mothers will cry so much in the future. I honestly reasoned with him. He is doing his part very well but if mum is weak and failing her children from a young age, she will eventually cry. Therefore let’s keep asking God for wisdom, also train them in the proper way. No child came into the world trained.

19. Babym

February 17, 2017 at 9:48 am

Hiaannn!!! Person cannot love their child as they wish to again??? There r now rules and regulations to loving and showing affection to ur child??? Buhahahahaha. U guys sound so ridiculous I’m sorry ?????

20. DoroAnon

February 17, 2017 at 9:50 am

Happy Birthday Baby? God would continue to uplift you above your contemporaries.

Did Tonto bleach look at her knuckles.All this while I tot she was light skin?

• Lol

February 17, 2017 at 9:55 am

I usually don’t follow the bleaching police but Tonto definitely is a bleacher. You need to see her former pics. She was light skinned but not this light. Plus growing older you sort of darken, not get lighter.

• Ms Briggs

February 17, 2017 at 9:58 am

Ameebo NOBI WORK OOOOOHHH

• Nitomeya

February 17, 2017 at 10:37 am

Please stick to your not bleaching police job as we do not need this kind of information. So what do you want us to do with this information now?

21. Prince

February 17, 2017 at 9:58 am

Bellanaija and orishirishi commenters.

Happy Birthday King. Your steps in life will not slide. You’ll journey in the path that God has pre-destined for you. Men and women will favour God’s righteous call upon your life.
    Keep Flourishing

22. Just wondering

February 17, 2017 at 9:59 am

Is that a wedding or birthday cake? Mmmmm. God bless you child.

23. Bigzoum

February 17, 2017 at 10:00 am

Cool mom HBD naja king

24. Ema

February 17, 2017 at 10:48 am

Happy birthday King, age with grace

25. Katty b

February 17, 2017 at 10:50 am

Happy birthday King awwww you look so cute and Tonto you sure look good.

26. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

February 17, 2017 at 10:59 am

Tonto Dikeh, your son King Andre is a beautiful baby.

What do you feed him?

Look at his full hair.

He is only one year old, he looks very healthy.

I like his cakes.

Happy (belated) birthday to your son.

• Adunnie

February 17, 2017 at 11:53 am

As in the kid is very beautiful and fresh. That last picture is golden
      Lmao @ On his next birthday, please package some sliced cakes for us that are living abroad at the moment.

27. Xristybabes

February 17, 2017 at 11:45 am

awwwww.na my papa born me oooo!happy birthday Cuti.God bless you immensely

28. Ada

February 17, 2017 at 11:54 am

Abeg, all you married counselors and parenting experts. The Dr Spocks of our time. Olayemi and co. Please let Tonto raise her child as she sees fit. I doubt you are a mom because if you were, you would know that between a mother and her child, there is no such thing as “over loving.” Surely, you must discipline your child. In fact, discipline is a big part of the love because if you discipline your child, you’re protecting them from making bad choices. But you can NEVER love your child too much. NEVER, EVER. iJo, yes, my kids are my heroes. They are 5,3 and 1 year olds and they are my heroes because they have taught me so much more than any human being will ever teach me. They have taught me to strive to be a woman of God. They have taught me to love unconditionally. They have taught me to make wise decisions as I am now responsible for the lives of others. Also they have given me a reason to live. Overall, they have made me a better woman. So yeah, its OK for children to be their mother’s heroes. Again if you were a mom, you’d understand.

• Olayemi

February 18, 2017 at 9:01 am

Yes ma, our experienced “Mummy” ?????.

29. ODM

February 17, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Wow, wow, wow, This boy is very cute and I must admit, Tonto may not be good in many things but lets give credit where it is due, she is a good mother. She has taken real good care of this boy and her love for her is immense. She looks so good herself, she has she off of the excess weight she had after the child birth.

30. ODM

February 17, 2017 at 12:24 pm

Her makeup artist is very professional. She/he does a very good job on her.

31. Babe

February 17, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Spitting image of his dad! Just too much

32. Yawn

February 17, 2017 at 2:24 pm

@olayemi… Let me hear word abeg. Are you going to reply EVERYONE who disagrees with you? How old are you? 10?

ANYWAY, how ironic of you to talk about assumptions when your first comment was based solely on assumption … Are you actually serious?? ?

• Olayemi

February 17, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Sorry, take a glass of water ?.

33. tunmi

February 17, 2017 at 2:35 pm

The photos look good. I wish her well. Come on Tonto, make your movies and get that bank!!! ? ? ?

34. Temi

February 17, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Madame Please, go get help!! You are sick.. WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO IMPERSONATE ?? WHAT IS THIS?? WHY AFRICAN PEOPLE WANT TO LOOK LIKE OTHERS ALL THE TIME?? WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS ?

35. K

February 17, 2017 at 3:23 pm

Look what Eku has done. She has started the trend of carrying your baby like an accessory. LoL. I like thou
    Happy birthday Kingy.

36. Concerned fellow

February 17, 2017 at 3:40 pm

A child needs to parent to be happy. Only a spiteful blind man tells other that life is beautiful without eyes, therefore encourage them to cut off their eyes. #just saying.

37. Dammy's queen

February 17, 2017 at 4:17 pm

Cute baby boy….replica of his father….HBD Lil Kingy

38. o

February 17, 2017 at 4:40 pm

This is what Yorubas call “Omo ekun, ekun lo’n jo”… Na him papa pickin. Happy birthday lil chap

39. Toby

February 17, 2017 at 4:50 pm

Happy birthday king

40. Sugamama

February 17, 2017 at 6:15 pm

HOL’ UP! HOL’ UP! HOL’ UP!!!
    Y’all went IN on my dear Eku talking about it shows she has no bond with the child based on ONE picture, but here you are talking about Tonto overloving her kid and she has THE SAME POSE?! With a one year old btw. SMH.

41. Omalicha

February 17, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Haha

42. Felinda

February 17, 2017 at 9:31 pm

I hope you have a small quiet birthday party for him and invite your close friends.
    I suggest you even invite Mercy Johnsons kids, you will be amazed how much you two can bond now as sisters now that you had a baby. Forget naysayers, the past is the past – and regardless i think You Tontoh have realy matured in the past year and i am proud of you. I am not a fan of your acting, but i am proud of you.

43. Looooll

February 18, 2017 at 12:52 am

Seriously these “celebrities” do you need to publish everything??? celebrate your son’s bday….you dont need to put it out there for everyone! #goAWAY

44. Iphee

February 18, 2017 at 9:18 am

Lolz this picture concept is somehow funny…i mean look at how shes holding him. Is it her birthday or his…she be like “yeah…am still d star” congrats to the cute baby anyways…

45. Bolla

February 18, 2017 at 1:33 pm

HBD lil man wishing u d best in life as you continue to grow in God’s love,grace,favour and most importantly his guidance

46. Queennade1

February 18, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Happy birthday lil cutie, dese pictures r very nice but wud av been perfect wit dad. Wishing u more years to celebrate

47. iykenn

February 19, 2017 at 4:06 am

I don’t know why people can’t appreciate this Lady for once, is it a crime for a mother to pour out her heart on how she feels about her son. Why all this interpretation and trying to fashion out the boy’s destiny, anyways thank God that men were not God. King HBD and may you grow to be a shining star IJN Amen God bless you and your Mom cheers.

48. amend ur mistakes

February 23, 2017 at 11:52 am

Happy Birthday son wish you great, and let the love from you, bring your parents together, coz no one is perfect, happy Birthday to u ????