News

97 Nigerians Deported by South African Government

South African President, Jacob Zuma

Amidst the rise in xenophobic attacks in recent times in South Africa, 97 Nigerians have been deported by the South African Government for committing various offences in the country.

The deportees landed at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos on Monday night in a chartered aircraft with the registration number GBB710 from Johannesburg.

They were made up of 95 males and two females.

DSP Joseph Alabi, the Spokesman of the Lagos Airport Police Command, confirmed the development.

An immigration source speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that six of the deportees were returned to the country for drug offences while 10 were arrested and deported for other criminal offences .

The others were said to have committed immigration offences in the Southern African country.

All the deportees were profiled by officials of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) while those deported for drug related offences were handed over to the Police for further investigation.

The Federal Government had also on Monday evacuated 41 Nigerian girls who were trafficked to Mali for sex and labour exploitation.

Six of the suspected human traffickers were also apprehended and brought back to the country for prosecution.

1. Spirit

March 1, 2017 at 2:32 pm

South Africa! South Africa is one really peculiar African country…

2. Somto

March 1, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Retaliate, Naija and their smee smee

3. Suzie

March 1, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Some of you Nigerians should behave your self when you go to other peoples countries and stop stealing and doing criminal activities. Now the whole world knows you cos you are thieves and born criminals.

I am African too and I also wish my country government will be next to kick yall the fck out. Every country should blacklist Nigerian criminals out their country. How many times do u see south Africans abroad let alone in a dumb like Nigeria ? They don’t need to travel like your fcked up Nigerian Country always traveling to escape hardship and arm robbery. Yes the xenophobia is wrong I don’t support that but I support all African and foreign countries to deport all Nigerian criminals.

Thank God I am not Nigerian and from a much peaceful country but I will definitely urge my government to be strict on yall too and those who are found to be doing criminal activities be kicked the fuck out of our country.

It’s like you were all born to steal and do criminal activity cos your country is so materialistic you will do anything even if it’s bad to make money

• R&B

March 1, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Suzie!! What the heck is your stupid business with Nigerians???? Every citizen of African country (Including yours) has it’s own ish in other countries. Of course all those committing all this offences should be punished according and be send back to their various countries. I bet some of this people or the one from the past are not Nigerians but only disguise as one. I do not condone what the people mentioned above have done, but you have NO right to insult another country when your own people/country is as filthy as Nigerians/Nigeria. Until the people/country where you are from can be cleared of any misconduct, I’ll advice you to shush your mouth. Make your comment neutral (Condemn only the people that act stupid) and move on.

4. EE

March 1, 2017 at 4:28 pm

“Giant” of Africa.

5. Ogbuefi

March 1, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Kudos to SA. Pls send back all those jobless & criminal-minded Nigerians in diaspora. They are the ones giving this country a bad name.

6. Bowl

March 1, 2017 at 9:03 pm

And who are you exactly ? Suzie.I bet somewhere in your mind, you secretly wish you are Nigeria!

• Nuna

March 2, 2017 at 8:57 am

LOL I agree. And she is here on a Nigerian website doing what?? Here dear, drink some haterade before you blow up.

7. Bands

April 21, 2017 at 7:11 pm

Let God Arise and His enemies be scattered, as a young South African I don’t believe we should be ugly to our fellow Africans despite the lawless ones SA has plenty Criminals, Nigerian culture has inspired me in many ways, look at our Universities majority of our lecturers who lecturing Mathematics and Physics are from Nigeria and lots of Medical Doctors too just in Durban alone I know lots of Nigerian people who are impacting our economy and development.

After all the Earth is the lords and the fullness there off, just because theres an incident of evil from a Nigerian pastor doesn’t mean all are evil Eg Redeemed is good and Winners Chapel and they are pioneering revival in the same South Africa. Thank you to Nollyhood we’ve understood many conspiracies in our lives.

Big up to Nigeria, how can I forget my favourite pastor Dr Pastor Paul Enenche God bless Nigeria for teaching us Diligence especially since we are now rated Junk Status 🙂