Events

Oh My God, I don’t know how I Put Up with this!

BellaNaija.com

It first started with criticisms here and there. Obviously from a stressful day, Jerry would come home and snap at the slightest provocation. We thought it was normal because I too was not a saint. It progressed and at some point I couldn’t just understand the reason for the arguments. We just were not communicating any longer. Our love that was so pure and wonderful started deteriorating. I think what actually caused a major breakdown was one night when both of us were in the dining room. It was petty BUT guess what? It is the petty things that cause the most damage. He didn’t like the way I carried all the plates at the same time (BTW he sat down picking his teeth while his ‘omodo’ was left to clear the table). Jerry was the kind of person that had in his mind a certain way that things should have been done. If it didn’t go that way, then all hell would break loose. On the other hand, I was not going to be treated like a buffoon. Accidentally, I missed a step and a plate got broken in the process. He wasn’t pleased with what had happened from his disrespectful expression of disgust and I may have pointed out how he was being an insufferable wretch. Suddenly I was a “lazy drunk” (even though I WAS sober enough to cook dinner and clean up afterwards!) then that somehow turned into how marrying me was the biggest mistake of his life. Of course, I turned that back around on him and told HIM that marrying HIM was the biggest mistake of my life. Moved out the next day.

Studies reveal that poor communication is one of the top reasons for separation leading most likely to divorce. The decisions you take today, will affect your tomorrow. Invest in 2 days of learning from a diverse group of well-experienced, seasoned and insightful marriage experts at the Reignite Marriage Seminar for both single and married.

The Reignite Marriage Seminar is aimed at equipping couples with the necessary resources to improve the overall health of marriages. At this seminar, you will learn:

1. Communicate clearly with your spouse on sensitive issues without causing hurt and damage.
  2. Agree to disagree with your spouse on issues relating to strong opposing positions or views.
  3. Fight ‘healthily’ and take conscious and active steps to forgive your spouse.
  4. Improve communication effectiveness with your spouse leading to improvement in the overall health of your marriage.

Date: March 18th & 19th, 2017.
Time: 10.00 am daily.
Venue: 540 Ikorodu Road, Maryland, Lagos.

Attendance is FREE. To register for free and reserve your spot, you can follow this link NOW as seats will fill up fast https://goo.gl/forms/EyL5ACrrraYkXaP73 , Sms “RMS” to 09094628309, or go to www.rlwm.org

Sponsored Content

1. mimzzzzzzzzz

March 10, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Nice one, I wish i lived in Lagos I surely would have attended this one. Every couple needs some form of counselling in marriage at one point or the other. It shouldn’t be left only for times when there is trouble in the marriage.

2. chinedu Okeleke

March 10, 2017 at 7:54 pm

I must attend dis reignite marriage seminar… I think Nigerians truly need dis seminar cos there are breakup everyday….

3. Be careful who you marry

March 10, 2017 at 8:39 pm

I don’t know if this is a communication problem. Sounds like a lack of respect and regard for his partner that will shortly lead to abusive behaviour. I’m glad you checked out. I believe that women should put their foot down in the early stages of a relationship and demand how they want to be treated. Acting all demure doesn’t work with Nigerian men, you need to toughen up and clearly show that you will not be treated like a housegirl just because you wan’t a husband. We already live in a misogynistic society where men feel like they’re doing you a favour by marrying you. Let him know it works both ways.

4. Anon

March 10, 2017 at 9:56 pm

See how even in the example it’s the man acting up and the woman has to endure or be blamed. I guess that’s the new style now of skirting the issue of abuse and disrespect, “are you communicating well?” So not one pastor has the balls to come out and discuss adultery, domestic violence and wicked in laws. Religion and culture and top 2 factors in the breakdown of Nigerian marriages, as women (and even some men) are no longer living to suffer just to answer Mrs

• Immy

March 11, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Kindly visit instagram @rlwm_ng. There is a video for this ad

5. Beard gang

March 10, 2017 at 11:28 pm

See how the opening story put men in bad light! As observed, I’m sure this will be another sexist (male chauvinist) illogical talk ….all the best to you guys…

6. Cjay

March 11, 2017 at 2:45 pm

It is high time for some therapy touch…A must attend for all! Women should know what they want! On becoming in marriages is alarming!

7. Sophia_U

March 18, 2017 at 10:20 am

Couples should be able to talk about everything. It’s not finding out the root cause of the reason for his/her anger that leads to misunderstanding, hence break ups.
    I believe that the Reignite Marriage Seminar will help us see communication in relationships & marriages clearer.