Nigeria’s longest running and one of the most successful drama series, Tinsel aired its 2000th episode today on AfricaMagic Showcase. This is a major achievement!
It was certainly a landmark episode, here are five facts about Africa’s most successful soap opera that you probably didn’t know.
- Tinsel Episode 1 debuted on Monday 1st of September, 2008.
- Tinsel is a Multi-cam, studio and location based shoot with over a 100-man cast and crew comprising entirely of Nigerians.
- Story creation, scripting, set design and construction, production and post-production is done in Nigeria, by Nigerians.
- The show has survived several horrifying challenges including the complete burning of her Ojota studios in 2013 as well as the flooding of some parts of her Ilupeju studios in 2016 and yet, has never gone black on air.
- Tinsel has featured brilliant stunts such as actor falling in water, adrenaline-pumping car chase scenes, mafia-style prisoner hijack and a lot of gunfire sequences.