Scoop

Wow! Tinsel aired its 2000th Episode Today | Here are 5 Facts about Nigeria’s Longest Running Drama Series

BellaNaija.com

Nigeria’s longest running and one of the most successful drama series, Tinsel aired its 2000th episode today on AfricaMagic Showcase. This is a major achievement!

It was certainly a landmark episode, here are five facts about Africa’s most successful soap opera that you probably didn’t know.

• Tinsel Episode 1 debuted on Monday 1st of September, 2008.
  • Tinsel is a Multi-cam, studio and location based shoot with over a 100-man cast and crew comprising entirely of Nigerians.
  • Story creation, scripting, set design and construction, production and post-production is done in Nigeria, by Nigerians.
  • The show has survived several horrifying challenges including the complete burning of her Ojota studios in 2013 as well as the flooding of some parts of her Ilupeju studios in 2016 and yet, has never gone black on air.
  • Tinsel has featured brilliant stunts such as actor falling in water, adrenaline-pumping car chase scenes, mafia-style prisoner hijack and a lot of gunfire sequences.

1. george

March 24, 2017 at 12:50 am

u forget one important fact, it has launched the careers of multiple actors in Nigeria. No modern Nigerian series has come close to establishing actors at the same time like TINSEL has done, next to mind was HOTEL MAJESTIC

• Joke

March 24, 2017 at 3:01 am

No comparison. Hotel Majestic used many already made stars and the lifespan was very short. However, Tinsel is very very strict on cast, which is good for longevity but that’s also why many leave.

2. Honestina

March 24, 2017 at 1:00 am

No. 7 it has produce more on-screen-to -real-life couples than any soap

3. Simisola

March 24, 2017 at 3:16 am

Really???? This is the facts

4. late bloomer

March 24, 2017 at 4:37 am

Wow congratulations to tinsel I love that show so much and I miss it wish I could watch out of the country. And you forgot to add that the have produced amazing talents and the best part couple. Speaking about couple I love Ene and Chuks.

5. Billionaire in grace

March 24, 2017 at 7:38 am

DSTV SA decided to remove Africa Magic showcase on its package not sure why.

6. Victor Adegoke

March 24, 2017 at 8:16 am

Tinsel! Congrats on your feat, what an educative and inspiring TV series Programme.

7. Mimi

March 24, 2017 at 8:51 am

Wow! A big congratulations on the milestone Tinsel. I would love to be a part of this show, it’s always been a dream. I don’t mind moving to Nigeria for it, please let me know how to apply. Thanks 🙂

8. Ree

March 24, 2017 at 9:35 am

I love them: well-selected cast crew, beautiful people with flawless accent.

9. Mrs Sak's

March 24, 2017 at 10:11 am

Don’t forget it has also produced 3 couples that i can remember though and yes Tinsel has kept me glued to my TV set through all its years of airing. #2000thEpisodeAndCounting

10. Tochi

March 24, 2017 at 5:56 pm

My family and I always look forward to watching tinsel everyweek day. My favorite actress is Angela, like seriously Angela deserves an Oscar award. I also love Gideon and Bimpe. God bless tinsel and her cast and crew for keeping us entertained

11. Adamazi