Events

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie speaks at “Remembering Biafra” Conference for George Washington University Institute for African Studies

Author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was one of the guest speakers yesterday at the “Remembering Biafra” conference which was organized by the George Washington University Institute for African Studies, in partnership with the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) and Howard University.

Photo Credit: Facebook – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

1. The Real Oma

April 29, 2017 at 5:09 pm

I’ll love to watch this, I’ll look for it But BN please share a link if available

2. LemmeRant

April 29, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Don’t know why immediately I saw the picture i thought of Toke’s NYC lecture.

Lool

• funmilola

April 29, 2017 at 6:40 pm

The difference is clear!

• nnenne

April 30, 2017 at 6:05 pm

…and the difference is unique!
      Let’s not create boundaries and / or pressures. There’s always a beginning and room for everyone to grow and expand.

• kemi

April 29, 2017 at 10:45 pm

my gosh!! please never ever compare chimamanda with that bird brained girl…NYC lecture ko NYC lecture nii

3. Stephanie

April 29, 2017 at 7:12 pm

Remembering Biafra?…as if she will ever let us forget it. How does she find time to write?

• anon

April 29, 2017 at 10:04 pm

you probably wouldnt have this to say to a 9/11 or holocaust event

• Idomagirl

May 2, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Why should we forget?

4. Truth-be-told

April 29, 2017 at 9:22 pm

No, we should not forget it. Lives were lost, families were separated. It is part of a people’s history. He who feels it, knows it.

5. Muna

April 30, 2017 at 12:43 am

So many different versions of Biafra movie will soon be out and no one person has the full account. Just watch. Different versions of Biafra.
    Biafra is not limited to Igbo people and one person’s version does not tell the whole story. I am just gonna watch this unfold while I do my own Biafra, how hungry they went or Biafra how Ojukwu sold them out or Biafra, what the betrayal​ is wrong with you? or even Biafra the untold story of a 189yr old native doctor… Anyhow, as long as the DSS doesn’t arrest you for releasing a movie they view as a threat to National Security!!!!!

• Ada_ugo

April 30, 2017 at 2:29 am

no two people’s experience of any event is ever the same. the idea is to create an awareness of the events that unfolded from one or few people’s perspectives. the audience is encouraged to explore different objective accounts, and from that, form their overall opinion.

• Muna

April 30, 2017 at 4:19 pm

@Ada_ugo – My point exactly. You just repeated what I said . Different accounts and perspectives will emerge. Another point I made was that one person’s rather extreme account may be seen as encouraging threat to National Security and especially based upon the current climate and sentiments shared by Nnamdi Kanu’s supporters. In that era, there was a lot of hearsay and sensational news feed….
      Let’s watch events unfold and watch out for my docu- series, biopic etc. It’s a story I am passionate about and worked on in my Thesis.
      Looking forward to all the different versions. It should be very interesting to watch though.

6. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

May 2, 2017 at 9:56 am

@Muna, why not use your full names?

“unu ana ezo ka ife unu na eme”

So we can Google you 🙂