Scoop

“I decided to share mine to encourage others” – Actress Halima Abukabar shares details of her Successful Fibroid Surgery in India

A couple of days ago Nollywood actress Halima Abubakar shared the details of a successful surgery she recently had in India and according to her, she decided to speak up about it in a bid to encourage other people.

Halima Abubakar shared some photos of the fibroid tumor that was removed from her body as well as photos taken during the surgery and she thanked her fans for their immense support. She also thanked her Nollywood colleagues for reaching out to her during the challenging period.

Still in India, Halima Abubakar assured fans that she would share more details about her battle with fibroid on her return to Nigeria.

We’re so glad to see that she is on her journey to recovery. You can check out the detailed photos from her surgery here.

Fibroids are muscular tumors that grow in the wall of the uterus (womb). Research shows that about 20% to 80% of women develop fibroids at the age of 50. In 2013, it was estimated that 171 million women were affected. Not all women with fibroids have symptoms. Women who do have symptoms often find fibroids hard to live with.

1. o

April 25, 2017 at 10:41 pm

BN said check out detailed photos. Really detailed. I’m happy for her and glad she’s recuperating well, but ppl really need to stop sharing bloody pics on IG. That’s how Instablog9ja put up the pics of a lady that her leg was severed. No warning, nothing. Imagine scrolling through your feed and seeing severed leg. I almost threw up.

Halima may the lord perfect your healing. Get well [email protected]

• Ayo

April 26, 2017 at 2:46 am

Congratulations dear. I also had them, was divinely healed by Jesus. I am happy for you.

• Habeeba

April 26, 2017 at 10:22 am

Please can u send me your mail address? I’ll want to discuss with you

2. survivor

April 25, 2017 at 11:10 pm

Aminaa

3. Je t'en prie

April 25, 2017 at 11:49 pm

Thank God for your safe procedure but fibroid surgery in India? I and other countless Nigerian women have successfully undergone the same procedure here in this “awa” country. Thoughtful of you to encourage but also include that some hospitals here are capable of performing the surgery so women are not misguided into thinking that they must fly out to get help.

• Anonymous

April 26, 2017 at 5:51 pm

It is where she preferred to have it done. She may not be comfortable to have it done in Nigeria based on where the fibroid is e.g. inside the womb. I had mine done and I was told to expect blood loss, transfusion, damage to the womb, possibility that it might not be successful etc. And I thought to myself, Is it not meant to be a common/simple procedure? Well, it is not a common/simple procedure as someone died on the operating table (UK hospital) because of a simple mistake. We should only thank God for any successful surgery regardless of where it was done.

4. Suga

April 25, 2017 at 11:59 pm

Thank God for your life Halima … But is she looking so scary with all those make up? I actually summoned courage to open this post after seeing her picture, make person no hypnotise person for Internet…. Women, too much of makeup is becoming distasteful and not appealing in anyway. Make we try and take am easy so that the purpose of making up at first is not defeated at the end .

• osa

April 26, 2017 at 12:59 am

What has her make up got to do with the message she is sharing? You people una too dey like digress from posts. Her make up should be the least of issues here!

• lilmix236

April 26, 2017 at 10:37 pm

You are stupid and need to FOCUS ON THE ISSUE..
      You people always ave something silly to say.. Leave her make up alone. Stop being VAIN FOR ONCE..