Music

“I have been sick for over a month with Acid Reflux” -Tekno Reveals as He Goes to America for Treatment

BellaNaija.com

Tekno revealed via Instagram that he has been sick for over a month with Acid Reflux.

Acid reflux is characterised by a burning pain, known as heartburn, felt internally around the lower chest area. It is caused by stomach acid flowing back up into the food pipe.

The Pana crooner also said he was on his way to America for proper medical treatment and that he wasn’t taking any bookings for now also asking his fans to say a little prayer for him.

We wish him a speedy recovery.See his post below

See his post below

1. Richard

April 19, 2017 at 9:09 pm

with Jehovah’s he gonna b again
    I love him

2. Zeezee

April 19, 2017 at 9:17 pm

na only reflux make this guy travel abroad for treatment? Abi we no get gaviscon and omeprazole for naija again? Chai, it’s good to have money.

• Seriously

April 19, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Nigerian healthcare leads to other complications and negligence. If he has money why not. It’s very sad and unfortunate.

• FasholasLover

April 19, 2017 at 10:22 pm

Pray you do not have the worst form of it. Even, you will think you are having a heart attack when it starts. If he can afford it, he should go seek proper diagnosis. Nigerian doctors be treating typhoid even when it’s cancer. Tufia. Our leaders should sit up and do right by the citizenry.

• Tamales

April 19, 2017 at 10:34 pm

I was wondering too. Is it that bad that common GERD can’t be treated in Nigeria. Which way Nigeria??? Well I don’t blame him, because even the president travelled out of the country for common ear infection.

• Viv Law

April 20, 2017 at 11:33 am

He has had acid reflux for over a month. I guess he tried to get it treated in Nigeria but to no avail. Whatever treatment he got in Nigeria may have worsened it, hence his reason for flying out to the US to get it sorted out. Such a shame our naija healthcare systems has gone to pot!

3. fp

April 19, 2017 at 9:35 pm

Nigerian doctors in the house!!! Una no get enough experience/ skills/ knowledge / facilities/ drugs to treat acid reflux? Hian!!!

4. Ohbaby

April 19, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Acid reflux is more than people think it is. H.PYLORI is a bacteria that triggers in most cases .in my own case omeprazole/amoxillin et all don’t really clear it. I have been treated 3 times now, it goes then it comes back its really disturbing when you can’t eat anything acidic. I live in london and they still trying to clear it not to talk of nij sha if he needs to get treated then he should . Diet and staying away from Alchy does more good than all these medications sha

so it is enough to travel because if not properly treated it could lead to ulcer and possibly cancer

• dupsy

April 20, 2017 at 12:01 am

If you are having repeated hpylori attacks, try taking manuka honey ( the first grade one) plus mastic gum ( buy a very good brand) and some probiotics. Take 800-1000 mg of Mastic gum three times a day on empty stomach ( you can go and meet a naturopathic doctor to give you a proper dosage based on your own individual diagnosis. I too had that horrible bacteria and it made my life uncomfortable until I got to know about mastic gum and manuka honey. You should not joke with hpylori it causes terrible ulcers and can lead to stomach cancer if not treated properly. I wish you the very best.

5. missnk

April 19, 2017 at 10:06 pm

abeg, even our presido went abroad for ordinary ear infection on our taxpayers money so please tekno go and treat yourself and come back well by God’s grace

6. o

April 19, 2017 at 11:23 pm

I can’t blame him. Let him run proper checks abeg and get good correct treatment once and for all. . Diagnosis is our main problem here. I know a friend’s uncle that was being treated for ulcer. By the time they found out it was pancreatic cancer, it was told late. He died a couple of months later.

Its a shame that people have to travel for good medical care but I can’t blame anyone that does that. Health is wealth

• 'Liya

April 20, 2017 at 1:09 am

Diagnosis of Pancreatic Ca is always dicey and more often an incidental finding. Terminal when its finally discovered and poor prognosis hence the outcome in your example

Tekno, please do whats best for you, get well soon

7. Lou

April 20, 2017 at 2:46 am

Eeya, pele oh! I know how frustrating that feeling of not knowing how to deal with a distin can be.
    But first things first, no fear. Acid reflux can be managed to full recovery. It just requires a few lifestyle (read eating) changes. Right off the bat, no more eat and crash/ food coma/eat till you quit/eating late at night.
    If you must eat late, be ready to sacrifice 2-3 digestion hours before sleeping.
    Get that Alcohol down to a zero like Ohbaby said, Little or no chocolate, processed sweets or canned foods. Reduce garlic, onion and tomato consumption too( or at least until the symptoms are minimal)
    Exercise- not super heavy routines but be consistent sha. And practise DIaphragmatic breathing.
    What to eat? Increase these in your meals
    Green leafy veggies
    Carrots
    GINGER (aka bae)
    Organic Yoghurt/kefir (if you can get hygienic Kindirimu that’d be awesome)
    Bananas, Watermelon, Pawpaw
    Get that Manuka Honey & Mastic gum, if you can too
    xos

• kess babay

April 20, 2017 at 9:18 am

how can he take ginger though?
      isnt that counteractive?

8. REE

April 20, 2017 at 10:42 am

haba! I do have reflux too, you just need antacid to subside it when it comes. avoid the kinda food/drinks that triggers it.

9. Lou

April 20, 2017 at 10:48 am

My person Kess, Ginger isn’t counteractive oh. Because of its anti-inflammatory effects, it calms the symptoms of the reflux. And quickly too.
    Abeg as una dey find 9ja food remedies, please put them on here oh. Together we shall defeat this thing.

10. InstaNews

April 20, 2017 at 1:56 pm

Hmmmm…oga Tekino!!! How many times I call ya name??
    In the last 30days, we don catch u dey drink alcohol and smoking weed like no tomorrow…now u forming acid reflux..smh

Backing out of contractual obligations type excuses. Na wah!!

It won’t take long before we cash u eating indomie and smoking hookah..

11. Ranza

April 22, 2017 at 5:04 pm

Get well soon.

12. Audu Badoo

May 11, 2017 at 11:12 am

tekno believe in God u will be okay dan before and stronger dan before just belive in almighty God

13. steve

June 15, 2017 at 1:17 pm

Tekno My Man Abeg No sick I de Miss You So Much.Get Well Soon Please.

14. Christopher

June 22, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Kelechi a.k.a Tekno miles, i pray 2 God 2 grant u a quick reconvery 2 cum take hold of ur gud works d Lord is ur streaght.

15. Ann Ezirim

July 18, 2017 at 9:48 pm

I no it most be hard for you over there but I want you to believe that there is nothing God can not do because you are heal already we ur fans miss you so much get well soon