News

Senator Isiaka Adeleke is Dead

Senator Isiaka Adeleke

Senator Isiaka Adeleke

Senator representing Osun West District, Isiaka Adeleke has died.

He died on Sunday morning at Biket Hospital, Osogbo, Osun State.

Reports say he suffered a heart attack on Saturday night before he was rushed to the hospital.

Adeleke became the first elected Governor of Osun State in 1991 on the platform of the Social Democratic Party (SDP).

He represented Osun West in the Senate between 2007 and 2011 on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He defected to All Progressives Congress (APC), after a failed governorship bid under PDP in 2014. He won the senatorial seat in 2015 under the APC.

He is an uncle to music star Davido.

He will be buried in Ede today.

1. Kika

April 23, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Rest In Peace Serubawon.

2. Tee

April 23, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Allah ya ji kan ce , may God bless his soul and give his family the fortitude to bear his loss.

3. Anon

April 23, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Serubawon! Ah!! Rest in peace. Amen.

• FasholasLover

April 23, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Yes o Serubawon! . He was the husband to the DaggerSteel owner Doris Uboh the former senator??

• Anon

April 23, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Doris Uboh – formerly of the House of Reps.
      Really?

I remember he had a very beautiful wife called Farida when he was a Governor.

4. TEE

April 23, 2017 at 3:19 pm

I just had to do this … RIP

To Davido…

I hope you can take a lesson home , you are not too young ,neither are you invisible … This is how we all end .

Your uncle was at a party last night , happy and dancing, he would have had security personnel beat up anyone who mentioned to him that he would not live to see the next evening.

Vanity upon vanity…

In the end , treat people right , leave a good legacy behind … There are billions of people on earth God could have chosen anyone of them but he chose you ,not so you can walk on them ….Think young man and anyone who has ears including myself

• Really??

April 23, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Really?? “You just had todo this” Did you?

5. Wunmi

April 23, 2017 at 3:26 pm

For a minute I thought it was Davido’s dad but somehow I was disappointed.Yea I know I know.I don’t really wish him dead but I just need something that will humble Davido.
    Sorry.

• Dunni

April 23, 2017 at 3:33 pm

It is not by force to post whatever is on your mind on Bellanaija.

• AceOfSpades

April 23, 2017 at 3:40 pm

Ti a ba ja….bi ti ka ku kor!

Do you know if his dad dies, he gets cash from his dad’s will and estate. I don’t think that will ‘humble’ him in the way you want so another bad news for you cus he will be more in your face.

• June

April 23, 2017 at 3:58 pm

That is such a WICKED thing to say! Where the hhhhhh**** do you know Davido from to wish such a thing unto him in the name of “so he willl become humble” !! Imagine!!! Next time add your “inspector humble police certificate ” to your vile comment!!! I would have said more to you but today is Sunday !!!!!

• funmilola

April 23, 2017 at 4:31 pm

The Bible is always right: the heart of man is desperately wicked….
      I’m not a fan of davido, but mehn your statement is ugly!

• dupsy

April 23, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Wunmi,

Never, never, never, never wish anyone dead! Death and life are in the hands of the Almighty God and we all are mortals who will all die. Please purge your heart from all wickedness, yes the boy Davido might be stepping on toes the best you can do is to pray for him and leave him to the Almighty God who is the ultimate judge but it is very wicked of you to pray for his dad to die so that he will change for the better, how do you know if his dad’s death will even plunge him deeper into destruction? Please pray for others as you would pray for yourself and remember you too make a lot of mistakes so pray for yourself too!

• Wunmi

April 23, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Haa pls oo world people,I don’t wish his dad dead o.Hian!!!my comment ain’t that deep guys so chill.No one has d power over ones life so y’all pls ignore my comment and don’t use me to get likes.My comment may look insensitive but like I said,it ain’t that deep.

RIP Serubawon

• bey

April 23, 2017 at 10:48 pm

@wunmi you are a terrible and horrible person.
      Do you think with your brain at all ???
      Who is their right senses says that.

• bey

April 23, 2017 at 10:52 pm

@wunmi.
      “Use you to get likes.”
      Just when I thought you couldn’t be more stupid.
      You had to comment again with a more stupid comeback line.

• Ify

April 23, 2017 at 6:54 pm

What a terrible thing to wish on a fellow human. May God almighty cleanse your soul.

• Rolly

April 23, 2017 at 8:47 pm

BN, you and your entire team are ridiculous. How you can approve this comment is beyond me. Pathetic and shameless

Wunmi. God will deal with you so I won’t waste my energy

• survivor

April 23, 2017 at 10:18 pm

U think his father’s death will humble him? Na that time self he go JA..A spoilt kid will always b a spoit kid

• Ada

April 24, 2017 at 5:04 am

you are a very evil and envious person. Frustrated witch!

• I_I

April 24, 2017 at 7:37 am

Plot twist: Just imagine Dr Adeleke is a “madarikan”, and your wish falls on you instead.

6. ife

April 23, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Not to say bad things about the dead our politicians have to learn, Our hospitals are death traps. we don’t have a good cardiac centre in Nigeria. Not all ailments will allow you to go for check up. May his soul rest in peace but he died due to his sins of time past

7. Deleke

April 23, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Is he the same man that was dancing skelewu at a political rally few years ago?

8. Ajikoko

April 23, 2017 at 5:39 pm

You are a wicked person- you wish someone’s father dead- anh anh! Why because you want him to be humble – so it s fathers death that will make him humble- you can’t pray for him to change – aye ma buru o! You don’t even know how many lives Davido’s father as touched- scholarships he has given out – you need a change of heart – wishing someone dead is a sin – I’m so upset – anh anh

9. Ajikoko

April 23, 2017 at 5:43 pm

Is Davido a killer or a robber- but you want his father dead- hope you know s mum is dead – so anybody that is humble should die- now I know people are wicked – Bellanaija please don’t post such comments – because this person might just be a killer- if you can think it – you can do it.sheeeeew!

10. Ajikoko

April 23, 2017 at 5:43 pm

Not*

11. yomi

April 23, 2017 at 9:12 pm

BellaNaija, I’m so disappointed you’d even post a stupid comment that wishes death on someone else….check out lindaikeji’s blog and see her comments…smh

12. sandra

April 24, 2017 at 10:06 am

How can you wish death upon someone ? do you know him personally? you only know of him of how the media portrays him. Only GOD knows how you will behave if you have the same amount of money. Why are people so wicked like this then you don’t understand why are still in the same position it is not right what you just said.

13. akissi

April 24, 2017 at 3:13 pm

I had to read Wunmi’s comment a few times to be certain what was written. Wunmi actually did not wish Da.vido’s father dead. In as much as this comment should not be made at such a sensitive time, there was no wishing the death of the young man’s dad. It honestly looks like he/she was trying to let Davido know that all that arrogance doesn’t mean squat at the end of days.

14. Makanjuola

April 26, 2017 at 2:18 am

Too gbogbo omo ipinle osun. Mokiyin nile ati loko wipe e Ku idaro eni rere to re ileogbo Senato Isiaka Adeleke. To won je okan ninu asofi agba senati wa latari wipe won je omo egbe APC.
    Adura mi no ki olorun ba won mule ro. Ki or I idariji fun asise won.