News

Taiwo Obasanjo Petitions Police over Alleged Plot to Assassinate Her

Taiwo Obasanjo

Recall that last month, Taiwo Obasanjo, wife of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo sued her husband and Baba Ijebu FounderKessington Adebutu over her son Olujonwo Obasanjo‘s wedding to Tope Adebutu.

Taiwo Obasanjo is seeking for the postponement of the wedding. She said she had received warnings and prophesies from men of God that her son should not be involved in any elaborate celebration before his 34th birthday on June 1.

Taiwo has now alleged that her twin brother Kenny Martins and Tope are planning to assasinate her.

In a petition to the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, dated April 4, 2017, Taiwo Obasanjo alleged that her would-be mother-in-law, Rosemary Dacosta was also involved in the plot to kill her.

She claims they all have a plan to get the police to arrest and detain her on trumped up charges between May 10 to 14, 2017 when the wedding is scheduled to take place.

The petition reads:

I was reliably informed that the three person mentioned above have perfected their plans to assassinate me because I requested the court to shift the wedding date of my son from the month of May to June 2017. They also have a plan to start smear campaign on my person using various media platforms such as newspaper, internet etc..

Their third plan is to frame me up on false charges and get me arrested and detained by the police from the 10th -14th May, 2017 and also to involve the military police to achieve their plans.

Sir, this issue reported here is neither a small matter nor a figment of my imagination because sometime during the time of late Head of State, Gen. Abacha, when Daddy Obasanjo was in prison, the late Stella Obasanjo got the military to detain me at DMI Apapa by Frank Omenka on false charges.

Sir, what is unfolding now is not a wedding preparation but a desperate attempt to kill me because I told Rosemary Dacosta and her daughter Tope Adebutu to allow the wedding to hold after the month of May 2017.

Chief Kenny Martins is the leader of the planned assassination on my life. Sir, I am reporting this issue so that you can please use your good office to step in to the situation because there is a deep strange desperation attached to the wedding of my son which is now do or die wedding ceremony for them.”

Taiwo Obasanjo’s petition to the Police Commissioner, Lagos

Kenny Martins has immediately declined to comment on the petition when asked.

Dacosta also said she is not interested in whatever anybody has said or saying about her.

Tope Adebutu did not pick her calls when contacted.‎

1. Ottawa Queen

April 7, 2017 at 6:41 am

Madam OBJ just allow them get married in peace na. Why postpone the wedding from the date they already fixed? I understand your fears, but allow God Almighty take absolute control, He will overcome any forms of evil over them. Nothing shall befall your son. Spend this time praying for them instead!

• Sank a law e

April 11, 2017 at 6:02 pm

Am going to go on a limb and guess she is yoroba.?

2. Thelma

April 7, 2017 at 8:05 am

Yeah my mother tried the same stunt when I was getting married….swallowed a whole bottle of pills and had to have her stomach pumped. Blackmailing the family to do her bidding by threatening suicide was her one of her favorite weapons. My mother also has borderline personality disorder co-morbid with narcissistic personality disorder. She too has resolutely refused treatment.

At this point, Olujonwo should have his mother committed because she has a very serious mental illness and needs professional help that they are not equipped to provide her with. And if I were Tope, quite frankly I would run for the hills because her MIL-to-be…..hmmm….

We need better mental health diagnosis and treatment in this country.

• Lacey

April 7, 2017 at 12:50 pm

@ Thelma my thoughts as well!!! This bride wants to enter serious fire!!! There are other men out there!!! She should just walk away let this woman consume her son or do whatever she wants to do with him!!!

• Thelma

April 7, 2017 at 2:03 pm

The reason I am telling her to run is based on my own experience with my mother. My mother launched a war campaign against my husband after we got married including having him arrested, filing false charges against him, issuing me an ultimatum to choose between her and my husband, telling lies about him to anyone who cared to listen etc.

Ultimately I had to make the devastating decision to ban my mother from my home before she destroys my family. I agonized over the decision for years before I made my peace with it. I cannot let you tear my family to pieces, sorry.

My point is that Tope needs to understand that this behavior will only get worse and ultimately it is only Olujonwu who can protect her. Olujonwu may eventually have to make a similar choice and he may not be able to do so.

And sadly this marriage is doomed unless he can set boundaries for his mother. And it is no mean feat dealing with a malignant narcissistic mother, trust me.

3. Clara Udeh

April 7, 2017 at 8:38 am

Abeg what’s all these fuss about?!…
    Why the hurry to get married if i may ask..she has d right to choose when if they’ve revelations over his life not to until after may..no mother wants to loose her child over cheer ignorance or not heeding God’s voice..loads of us here must at one point been in a situation they’ll tell u not to travel, throw big party or marry until a specific period..they should wait this out it wont kill anyone biko…#yeyenatus

4. feyi

April 7, 2017 at 9:50 am

And this Tope girl still wants to marry Olujonwo? My dear sis Tope, this is not the kind of MIL one should have o. She reminds me of the movie The Wedding Party…. and where is the Olujowon in all of these? His mum needs medical attention asap

5. Fifi

April 7, 2017 at 12:11 pm

She’s completely lost the plot poor family members

6. Moyo

April 7, 2017 at 1:58 pm

This woman needs medical attention and care. Her twin brother, her daughter in law and her son’s mother in law want to kill her. something is not right here.

7. Tokstarr the Fakestarr

April 7, 2017 at 2:47 pm

cuckoooooo
    cuckooooo

somebody put this woman in a strait jacket
    everybody knows Taiwo Martins get insect for inside her brain
    no be today.

herself and her cursed thieving twin…Kenny Martins
    awon ibeji oran.

8. sika

April 7, 2017 at 6:30 pm

frankly, i dont know who would want to get married into obasanjo family – a bunch of lunatics.

9. temi

April 7, 2017 at 8:21 pm

Where was Tope when These Obasanjos rubbished Moji onabanjo with allegations of incest etc? Where is Tope’s mother to come and stop her daughter from entering into ogba were a.k.a obasanjo compound? Choi. This is a marriage that’s already doomed. Adebutus want enter one chance.

10. bey

April 8, 2017 at 10:11 pm

Tope Adebutu, is it by force to marry this man?
    Is it because he is a former presidents son?
    Nobody starts a marriage on this type of faultu foundation.
    This boy is his mum’s only child just as you are your mum’s only child. Life is too precious to loose over a man that will remarry in a heartbeat.
    This woman is ready to fight you with everything she has.
    She is not only a lunatic but she is fetish.
    Think twice. A marriage you will continuosly not have peace is it worth it.